Terms of Use Update FAQ [ROSE] - Page 5 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Terms of Use Update FAQ [ROSE]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
152 replies to this topic

#101 Nura

Nura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationIn my Gigi's heart
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 14 May 2018 - 07:35 AM

All the maps look like ghost towns now. Not even a single player in AP when I went there. With the exception of some vendors and chars in Junon..What has become of our beloved NA Rose ?? Used to be a vibrant community :(

#102 watermelonnn

watermelonnn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:54 AM

thanos snapped his fingers D;

#103 Fishnet

Fishnet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 May 2018 - 11:12 AM

So there is an interesting article about the GDPR in the tech section on CNN, I believe dated May 11. Gravity was even mentioned in it. They mention companies just closing up, an even say there's companies out there who don't even know they need to be compliant.

#104 VModCola

VModCola

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUFP Headquarters, office of the Commanding Admiral
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:20 PM

So there is an interesting article about the GDPR in the tech section on CNN, I believe dated May 11. Gravity was even mentioned in it. They mention companies just closing up, an even say there's companies out there who don't even know they need to be compliant.

An interesting article for sure:   http://money.cnn.com...sers/index.html

But this is all that was said about Gravity:

Gravity Interactive, the maker of Ragnarok and Dragon Saga games, is taking a different approach: It will block Europeans from accessing its games.

#105 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:26 PM

Another interesting quote from that article

"Experts say some smaller companies outside Europe might not yet realize that they have to comply with GDPR, because similar rules don't exist in their home market."

#106 VModCola

VModCola

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 184 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:01 PM

Another interesting quote from that article

"Experts say some smaller companies outside Europe might not yet realize that they have to comply with GDPR, because similar rules don't exist in their home market."

Yes I saw that as well Feuer.

#107 Nelko

Nelko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPhilippines, Earth

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:16 PM

I do not need to make any claim. If the actions of one party fit the very definiton of the act, then the party has in fact performed that act. I thought we learned this valuable lesson after the Rwandan conflict when the United States claimed that the massacre of Tutsis wholesale was not genocide but only acts of genocide as an excuse to not intervene.

At the point of accusations, I have never argued that making such without evidence was right. I am very well aware many of thse statements were made after struggling through a flurry of emotions. I only pointed out that you cannot claim that the gist of their statements were wrong. True that they do not have evidence to base their allegations on; thus, they cannot say that they are right or wrong. However, neither do you or I have the same, and thus we are not in any position to say the same either.

As for legal repercussions, the costs to pursue cases beyond the company's national boundaries are far to steep for any positive outcome for branding, image, or pecuniary means. That many of the accused are in the EU, of which Warp Portal will exclude from their services because they choose non-compliance with laws of the same governing body, will hinder even the most concerted of efforts to bring the accused to court.

#108 Antonio055

Antonio055

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 05:09 PM

At the end of the day. Our opinions or assumptions mean nothing. They have chosen what they will do regarding this policy. I am pretty sure they have thoroughly discussed the matter within their company and they chose to simply block out europe. You people need to simply face the facts, and move on. 

All europe made accounts are going to be disabled entirely

Deleted? Might as well classify it as that.

If i was an european player and have dumped tons of money into supporting this game along with time spent, I would be furious too.

But lets face reality, this game and any other game aren't going to last forever and we aren't going to be playing forever.

MMO's are dying in general anyways or atleast the older ones. The populations are very minimal.

Theres no future hope of playing for you guys, they aren't going to wake up one day and simply comply if that was the case they would've chose to comply in the first place. 

Take your memories or what you want from the game, move on. This game is completely deserted now. The direction and status of this game in particular was noticable YEARS ago.

There was ALWAYS red flags, if you played on and off for a few years.

FOR STARTERS: The population massively decreasing over time : The reasoning? Might not entirely be blamed on the Rose Team itself, people losing interest in playing, or any other personal reasons of course. But I can definitely say the lack of communication between the community and developer team is to be blamed considering most of the updates that released are Item Mall Items or updates to further their profits through Item Mall ( But thats how most games operate )

And obviously the decrease in staff/developers of this game is clear as day, theres 1 developer I'm aware of which is Genesis. If theres any others which I highly doubt, they are obviously doing bare minimal work on this game either lack of funding or simply a far greater scheme being played out.(The game is simply dying)

INGAME CONTENT : When was the last time we actually saw some real new in-game content, Besides Orlo or the new map in Orlo that should've been released years ago? No new dungeons, No new PVP Game Arena Maps( I mean common lets be honest its been the same 3 Maps for how long? ) Wait, I forgot one thing, the new weapons that got released that are still overpowered by the unique epic weapons that were released  how long ago? 8+ years?

Runes was the biggest killer on this game. Why? First of all, Maxing these runes or atleast making them useful takes month(s) of non-stop grinding. With Shards? It takes about anywhere from 200-500 shards depending on your luck to max a rune going from lvl 1. Thats WELL over 12,000 IM Pts, which is well over $100 of non-stop grinding for months with shards for 1 max rune. Without shards? I advise people not to even bother, lets not even go on that subject. This says one thing: (CASH CROP)

The PVP/PVM combat system is broken.

MEANWHILE A WELL KNOWN ISSUE IN-GAME THAT IS MAKING PEOPLE QUIT, NOT WANT TO PLAY AND HINDERING THE FULL FUNCTIONS OFFERED IN THE GAME PVP WISE AND EVERYTHING ENTIRELY : THE FAMOUS GROUP CRASH BUG, THAT HASN'T BEEN FIXED FOR MORE THEN A YEAR OF KNOWING THIS ISSUE.

Don't worry the red flags get worse, They introduced a patch that allowed players to increase their durability on Items. Well what came along with that... patch. What do you know 2 new Item Mall Items, a reinforcement compound and protector. Can you max your durability without these? Realistically speaking No. And Lets be very logical, Does this durability honestly help in-game? No... not even for classes that have dodge as defense, as the whole Accuracy/Dodge system is broken. Okay the whole system is actually broken, and is completely mostly a random number generator based system.

MEANWHILE...... Our beloved group crash bug is yet to be fixed... and no amazing new game content.... 

Yes I know I'm getting to it, The duping on this server is beyond ridiculous. The amount of shards and every other item duped is beyond imagination. Every player has benefited from it, especially concerning maxing runes. People have gone so far as to even sell duped Faith items for real money to other players, thats down-right sad. Stupidity on both sides. 

Has this issue been fixed? I don't think so... maybe stopped at the rate it was at. 

But hey we have 1 developer, this game gets lack of funding,advertising. What do you expect?
Spending money on this game was your choice.

I have spent money on this game, am I bitter? A little but It's whatever. We spent money to enjoy the time we spent playing.

The biggest issue in this community is everybody wants to be right and instead of helping each other, everybody is attacking each other. This community is beyond even a normal toxic level. It makes me sick to read this forum and in-game text. You have people attacking people personally which is super lame over the internet, bringing race into the picture. Never seen this stuff done on any other gaming platform.

Edited by VModCupcake, 14 May 2018 - 09:51 PM.

#109 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee

Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:06 PM

I had finally peace with all this, but now they are refusing me access to my payment history..
they knew they where gonna do that but never told us..
this FAQ is nothing but one big lie, cuz they haven't replied to our questions and are hiding information that they knew about..

#110 SparkNiche

SparkNiche

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:53 AM

Its now been two weeks since the last update and its two weeks until the block.

You asked for questions. We asked questions, and some of them very important. Where are the answers. 

It is despicable that you are putting your head in the sand and hoping the problem goes away without answering at least the most important questions.

Are you aware that you still have to comply with GDPR for data you already hold on your players?

What data will you be deleting on EU citizens?

Are the accounts being deleted?

Are you simply blocking the accounts, or wiping all information held on them?

===

This is quite a serious point and I'm trying to make you aware that unless you delete the data you've already collected on EU citizens, you will be in breach of GDPR on Day 1, regardless on whether EU citizens can access your services from that point or not and regardless of whether you actually want to comply with GDPR or not.

You need to address this point head, or I'll make a GDPR request to you on May 25, in which you'll have 30 days to reply to it, and force you to address it. Your User Agreement does not exempt you, and will not protect you, from data previous collected.

¿¿ HELLO ??

You're not even acknowledging questions now. Are you actually going to bother updating the pathetic FAQ with answers to the new questions or just keep pretending nothing else has been posted and hope all your problems disappear on May 25?

Edited by SparkNiche, 15 May 2018 - 02:53 AM.

#111 VModCola

VModCola

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 184 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 06:00 AM

One thing I am seeing here from lots of people, is everyone seems to know what Gravity is doing and when things happened.

NO ONE knows, everyone is assuming that Gravity knew ahead of time.  Many think they knew when the law was passed that this day would happen.

One thing to remember, NO ONE knows from the community  knows when Gravity was informed. 

From what I am hearing, many companies are in the same "boat" as Gravity and did not know (Check that CNN Report). 

Still no excuse, one would think that Gravity corporate would have kept up with international laws.   From talking to the staff here in California, it appears that the staff had NO clue this was happening or even coming till it was announced.  The staff is just as upset as the rest of us, including me. 

I know we all are awaiting to hear back from Gravity Korea.   Hopefully there will be something good coming soon, hopefully.   

Many of you are assuming they will completely delete your accounts, no one has ever said that.  In fact, they have said they have to disable all EU accounts, NOT delete. 

Lets all hope for the best and Gravity Kr can get this resolved real soon and all EU members/friend can be back in game and soon!

Don't assume you know more than what we have been told, none of us know.  Gravity management is the ones who know, not the community.  Even our Community Managers from Gravity is still waiting to hear back from Management on this, they can't say anything that they do not know yet, they like us have to wait for Corporate to give them answers too.

Why is it taking awhile to get answers, again, we don't know what is happening in the background.  We don't know what management is or isn't doing.

How many games does it affect with Gravity, all of them!   How long and how much to fix, again, NO ONE knows.

Some of you might say I am saying this because you work for Gravity.   I DO NOT.  I volunteer, I am a player as well.  Been playing Rose since the days of iRose and when RoseNA started, been here since, never left the game for any reason.  For the most part, many of you have seen me "Sitting" in game not moving, but I do  :)   mostly I am on other characters too.

Do I want to see all my EU friends gone, of course not!   They are friends, why would I want them gone.

I just am hopeful that things will change and we all can play together again soon.

I am just making a statement here, not trying to create any argument here.

#112 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 09:02 AM

There's a reason they don't want to comply to the EU Laws... Because then they can't continue selling EU Citizens data like they are doing now.

I already posted a video to my youtube channel where I go into detail about that, and how it's not that big of a deal to begin with, Dj. 

#113 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 15 May 2018 - 10:52 AM

I already posted a video to my youtube channel where I go into detail about that, and how it's not that big of a deal to begin with, Dj. 

Cool! It's not a big deal, I don't play the games from Warpportal anymore due the lack of development.

But It's just a big middlefinger to the EU Citizens who have supported all Warpportal games over the years, and all they get in return is a big middlefinger, oh EU, GDPR? No, no. get out of here.

GDPR has been coming for 2 years, and people only hear about this like what? a month ago? It's just not how you treat a community in my opinion.

#114 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFloating Around Somewhere!

Posted 15 May 2018 - 11:15 AM

There is no way Gravity hasn't had enough time to plan for the new change in legislation. It was announced to the world two years ago. A big corporation like Gravity not knowing until a month before the deadline... I find it very hard to believe. Since leading the project on the GDPR changes for the company I work for, it is a lot of work and money to ensure you are being compliant to the new legislation so I don't blame them for blocking access to the EU. Saves a lot of hassle. However this isn't completely a solution as they still store data for EU citizens. I haven't really played in a long time, so I've moved on from the shock of not being able to log in again. However, I still want to know what is happening with my data. 'Disabling' accounts does not mean my data is being deleted. Therefore what are they doing with it.

Frankly I think it's disgusting that as a company, and the fact that this post has been open for weeks and no response to some serious questions.

10 days left...

#115 Aldrine

Aldrine

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:12 AM

Just wondering and im saying this with the out most respect for everyone reading this thread. Seems like alot of the posts are very reactive and critical to what Gravity is or isn't doing. "they should have known 2 years ago" was mentioned so many times. I don't recall anybody from the community posting about GPDR until last month... Did the community members that had known about GPDR 2 years go just assume that Gravity knew about it and they will do something about it?

Edited by Aldrine, 16 May 2018 - 12:12 AM.

#116 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 16 May 2018 - 04:14 AM

Just wondering and im saying this with the out most respect for everyone reading this thread. Seems like alot of the posts are very reactive and critical to what Gravity is or isn't doing. "they should have known 2 years ago" was mentioned so many times. I don't recall anybody from the community posting about GPDR until last month... Did the community members that had known about GPDR 2 years go just assume that Gravity knew about it and they will do something about it?

You can't blame the community for not posting anything about the GDPR... it's not our responsibility to comply with GDPR, we are giving our data to Gravity Interactive so it's their responsibility to get heads up of GDPR that was announced 2 years ago, as they are the one handling our data.

#117 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:09 AM

[welp discussion I was replying to got removed so guess I'll remove mine] :p_sleep:

Edited by soudou, 17 May 2018 - 03:16 PM.

#118 Tormented

Tormented

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • Locationlvln my lil chars ;)

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:56 AM

... OUR company has a compliance office. WE knew about this two years ago, have softly bent some of our compliance programs so they worked well enough with the GDPR ...

I have a question for you as users, myself included, do not seem to know the answer and Gravity so far have not responded.

Gravity say they that do not wish to comply with the GDPR, and are going to exclude EU users from accessing their games so then the law doesn't affect Gravity.

Do you know if Gravity has to also delete all the data that they hold on their EU users?

Is it that if they do not delete all the data they hold they will be in breach of the GDPR, and liable to the enormous fines that the law imposes on non compliance? That you can't have one without the other? You can't keep the data already held and think that the law doesn't apply to Gravity.

A couple of us have offered this view but I'm just guessing at this since I'm no legal expert, that if they don't want to comply then they will have to delete all the EU users data. 

Would be great if you could post an answer to this, many thanks.

#119 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:03 AM

Do you know if Gravity has to also delete all the data that they hold on their EU users?

From another thread, seems the staff themselves aren't sure about this either yet:

I'll answer to this, but keep in mind that my info could have changed, since they're true in this precise moment, but when HQ will answer the things could change again.

Two days ago I asked with Campitor about the name problem.

He answered me that atm no one talked about account deleting. This means that you won't be able to use your item or your name, but no one will be able to use them.

#120 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:35 PM

Well, you're probly not getting any more answers til after the 25th or very close to. 

#121 carlosrose

carlosrose

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:55 AM

Break rules = get a fine. Is as simple as that.

The facts are that microsoft had abused the market, set unreasonable royalty fees and failed to comply to previous rulings of the comission; and google was straight up demoting or even removing the ability for other companies to compete which, in europe, is NOT legal.

And the worst part was how they didnt even need to since they were already the companies on top of their field.

If you dont wanna comply to other countries rules thats fine but then dont offer the service there. If you do then, you are under the OBLIGATION, not only to follow them but also to stay tuned to what ever changes in legislation said countries/region have.

Quote was removed due to being off topic

#122 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:41 AM

[welp discussion I was replying to got removed so guess I'll remove mine] :p_sleep:

Edited by soudou, 17 May 2018 - 03:18 PM.

#123 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:12 AM

It's dead simple people.. Whether Gravity Interactive wishes to comply with GDPR or not the problem is Gravity states to 'Disable' all of the account on the 25th of May.

This is not allowed as the GDPR  regulation works with retroactive effect, Gravity Interactive has to REMOVE all the data of EU Citizens they have collected of the years.

If they persist on disabling the accounts rather than deleting them, it's probably because they are trying to get things sorted otherwise it would just be plain stupid as they are in breach of the GDPR.

Just relax and play some other games.

Edited by PureCreativity, 17 May 2018 - 04:12 AM.

#124 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:16 AM

Well, it sounds like community staff have no conclusive answer yet regarding accounts. The statement they made sounds like they haven't yet been told to delete accounts as of this moment (before May 25th), but still have no final word from Gravity HQ regarding deletion after that date.

It seems like it's taking a lot of time and effort to refund people due to different payment methods used, hard to believe they would put in that much work if it wasn't final. But we can only wait and see what the final conclusion is. I saw some say that their Facebook and Twitter announcements regarding the block were deleted (though every Facebook post they've made since has mentions of the EU block in the comments anyway), and I believe they still haven't made in-game announcements or sent emails out notifying EU folks of the change, at least for Ragnarok Online. So it's kind of a mystery as to what Gravity is doing right now.

Although some have stated that even if they were to do a complete 180, the way things have been handled and lack of official response etc. means their faith has faltered too much to return and invest money into the company.

Edited by soudou, 17 May 2018 - 05:26 AM.

#125 AndraSyte

AndraSyte

Awarded #1 Troll

• Community Managers
  • 666 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:40 AM

Please try to stay on topic everyone. Previous off topic posts and posts that violated Rules of Conduct have been removed from the thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users