Just an EU player blowing off steam - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Just an EU player blowing off steam

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

#1 XanneAgain

XanneAgain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:41 PM

I am not a popular person. Not famous on forums and neither in-game. I just log in sometimes here to post something or sell stuff, stating some opinions. Sharing a friendly debate and some banters here and there.

I just wanna take this off my chest and at the same time share my story. I mean no harm. This might bore anyone though, so feel free to hit “back” anytime. 

I started playing on this server some years ago on a december. Having no friends, i played with my acolyte along with my swordman. Dual clienting is not hard but by no means easy healing, alt-tabbing, tanking, killing and looting one by one at the same time. Some people even tried to grief me by luring mobs to me, i always end up dead.

Wearing my eden gears, i climbed to a job change. Made higher level eden gears and wore them to battle with pride. In my eyes, wearing those brown eden hats makes my characters look strong.

Until i met my first friend, he was an LK back then. He randomly traded me in izlude bridge to give me hats. We started exchanging good mornings on Rodex Messages, then on chat. He later on became my boyfriend.

I proceeded to rebirth my characters; then transitioned to AB and the other one as RK, which i stopped playing as.

I focused on building my AB. Met my grinding partner. Met friends in mid ti, as they always see me by the entrance and almost always up for a party. Back then i used to play RO in every hour that im awake. I even eat in front of my PC sometimes, chatting with my friends or waiting for my guildies for an instance run while my AB is sitting by our guild spot.

By then i started making zeny as a support AB, by buying and selling reset stones, HE BM, Oda Elixr and many more. I challenged myself not to spend a single dime in this game. I failed. I started buying WPE and selling Carnium/Bradium Boxes. It was a bliss getting stuff for my beloved AB. At last i wont feel sorry for her not having a Chibi Pope like other ABs.

I met more and more people as i play this game. I met more friends. I met rivals. We had fun. We argued. We laughed together. 

I maxed my dear AB. Then i realized, we(her and i) are not needed anymore by my friends. I made a ranger. I played with my boyfriend as duo. It was a lot of fun running instances together and hunting MVPs with my other friends. Then when my friends started to quit one by one, i made four gene. I told myself not to quit. It's a lot lonelier playing solo. My friends got back to game, we ran instances together but on different characters. By that time i understood, we cant hang out more like we used to do because of new job schedules. It was still fun. We got back sitting AFK together in north prontera. Chatting with them when we got time.

I remember having a conversation with one of my guildies. With all of our friends and comrades quitting and selling their stuff, we have the same mindset: no quitting. Maybe going “AFK for a long time, maybe month-long breaks. But both of us said we wont quit, ever. Our stuffs will die in our accounts.

Some circumstances just wont make that possible anymore. Seems like i have to quit anyway. Feels bad being locked out. Not knowing what will happen next. Being left out in the darkness.

I dont think someone not going through this will understand. You only learn the value of something once you lose it. Losing interest in a game and quitting it yourself is far from being kicked out while you still have passion for it.

After the time spent playing a role of a virtual character that took shape as my identity. Along with people i met here which i will otherwise never meet. Imagining one day suddenly not being a part of the community we built together. This is just heartbreaking.

Im too heartbroken to get angry or to blame anyone. I just wish it didnt end up like this.

But i guess this is it.

This is Xanne~ ….signing off.

#2 hax0R

hax0R

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:52 PM

I wish this doesn't happen :( hoping for some miracle to happen.. :)

If it doesn't gonna miss you in north pront!! :)

Edited by hax0R, 26 April 2018 - 04:52 PM.

#3 KingPoring86

KingPoring86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationPoring Island
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:57 PM

Hey ? your not alone m8 .... im not famous too LMAO .... TT

#4 Weiwei717

Weiwei717

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 07:30 PM

:sob:  im not from EU but this sudden happenings makes me heart broken as well.....

thanks for sharing the story Xanne.... 

#5 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 26 April 2018 - 07:38 PM

This is why no matter how twisted we are, how they hate me now, how theyve forgotten me by now

Each and everyone of my guildmates are important to me

Because days that have passed wont come back, to hell with the company's negligence and hail RO in all its memories

#6 juanitainez

juanitainez

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 204 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 26 April 2018 - 07:47 PM

:(

#7 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 26 April 2018 - 07:47 PM

How come I am not in the story:

"One day an AB with the biggest High heal, Coluseo Heal and normal Heal I ever seen came to our AFK spot. He totally blew me and my friends away with his epic heal prowess."

#8 NarumiMiura

NarumiMiura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 08:18 PM

Thanks for sharing and I'm really sorry this is happening.  :sob:

#9 NGNLsora

NGNLsora

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 08:52 PM

God speed to all Eu players .Reading this post gave me the same vibe as to when returning relics from 16.2 quest. Very sad.

f9cf0ba1be16700669e87c60333a2e34.jpg

#10 Guitarlum

Guitarlum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:29 PM

Funny thing is: even if they ban all EU users, they still have to comply to GDPR. 

If there is any data breach, any violation of GDPR, any 3rd-party getting data from this company, they will be sued for 20m or 4% net revenue (worldwide), whichever is higher. 

#11 Zeusterae

Zeusterae

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 843 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand
  • Server:chaos

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:30 PM

:sob:  :sob: 

#12 nightglidecx

nightglidecx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:36 PM

im also in EU, so i feel the same way. is it even in the very least possible to make an aco-_- with US VPN to transfer the expensive items to a new account that is registered to a US ip?

#13 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:49 PM

PRESS F TO PAY RESPECT

#14 AceBanner

AceBanner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:59 PM

Good write-up & thanks for sharing Xanne. Did not meet you before but you will be missed.

"Hope" they would reconsider pulling out ban on EU players.

#15 Zeusterae

Zeusterae

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 843 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 12:40 AM

im also in EU, so i feel the same way. is it even in the very least possible to make an aco-_- with US VPN to transfer the expensive items to a new account that is registered to a US ip?

Technically that would go against their policies... your only option will be find somebody outside of Europe to create an account for you so you can transfer all your items or at least the most valuable ones and get you all the login info so you can change it (so that person cant access to it) and keep it for yourself. 

#16 nightglidecx

nightglidecx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:00 AM

Technically that would go against their policies... your only option will be find somebody outside of Europe to create an account for you so you can transfer all your items or at least the most valuable ones and get you all the login info so you can change it (so that person cant access to it) and keep it for yourself. 

but then u cant play it without vip because they will block EU access

#17 Zeusterae

Zeusterae

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 843 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:05 AM

but then u cant play it without vip because they will block EU access

Technically you will be only able to use it as storage till something changes I guess and play sometimes when you are over seas.

#18 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:13 AM

Everyone has a story. Sad or happy they are both part of our experience. You may leave this game but somewhere, somebody will remember you. It may be a glimpse or a virtual description of you. A fake or not that is you in this part of reality. As long as an RO game exist, you will still get back to it. You will most likely find happiness again.

Good luck on your next jump scare.

#19 nightglidecx

nightglidecx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:28 AM

i've played since 2008 on and off, then got back at 2013 and has been more active than ever. With this thing going on, i am really heartbroken.....

I have given my zennies and all valuables to a few friends in US and hopefully it will serve them good.....

without iRO, my life would have been empty these past years, but now that this thing is happening.....i might aswell kill myself......

Without iRO, im just an empty vessel....so goodbye world

Edited by nightglidecx, 27 April 2018 - 02:31 AM.

#20 ilovemuffin

ilovemuffin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:55 AM

i've played since 2008 on and off, then got back at 2013 and has been more active than ever. With this thing going on, i am really heartbroken.....

I have given my zennies and all valuables to a few friends in US and hopefully it will serve them good.....

without iRO, my life would have been empty these past years, but now that this thing is happening.....i might aswell kill myself......

Oh God. That escalated quickly. Please don't kill yourself.

#21 7141171214002600600

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:58 AM

hey we are all here. if you want you can talk to me.

#22 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:chaos>ymir>chaos

Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:21 AM

Hey dude, don’t kill yourself... no matter what we are all losing, the friends we have will stay friends... and if you play somewhere else you will continue to meet new friends!

I am really sad about it as well, it was very depressing earlier to give stuff away and all with a memory attached about stuff... I say I even dropped quite a few tears..

But think of it this way, do you really want to continue to support this server/company with the way they are treating us? A whole continent blocked because they are too lazy to comply with laws in regards to personal data... that says something right?

Go start somewhere else if you love the game, euro, [Removed] whatever... remember you might be zeny less and without all the stuff you had for the last so many years... knowledge is worth stuff too!

So please don’t kill yourself ...

I personally hope that the people at iRo will learn from this and how they have handled this, and either continue their path they are on now or actually improve stuff for those who still can play...

Xxx

Edited by VModCinnamon, 27 April 2018 - 04:06 AM.
Mod Edit: Removed illegal server.

#23 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:56 AM

i dont know what to say but i hope this video will cheer you guys up :(

#24 Elly

Elly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 05:08 AM

I share your sorrow as I myself am I also an EU-player.

farewell

#25 Doral

Doral

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 05:25 AM

" I dont think someone not going through this will understand. You only learn the value of something once you lose it. Losing interest in a game and quitting it yourself is far from being kicked out while you still have passion for it. "

You're probably right about the fact that not all of us understands your situation.

But having to loose valuable friends (which is why most of us play this crap game) is more valuable, than having to acquire all their monies in game and be left with <1000 people playing it.

I myself haven't played this game for a long time, but the very first (and last) guild I've joined had a very great European leader.

Please don't feel bad, discord won't block Europe like WP does :D 

To summarize it, they probably had less OCP European buyers that lead them to do this now :P

Also, you're famous. I always see you AFK north Prontera :D when i do my Bijou run LOL

just my 2 cents - Chesterfield

Edited by Doral, 27 April 2018 - 05:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users