• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Wolfen

Wolfen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 10:43 AM

Well as you can see, with this EU banany players will leave the server thus leaving it almost dead.

With that said, i want to belive that WP learned something from it (i know you didnt, but i want to be poetic) in how to manage a server. In case you didnt, let me resume it for you:

1.- listen to your playerbase.- this has been said tp exhaustion here, they are your consumers and the ones dealing with the game problems. If they are telling you something, maybe it is because there is a problem. (NOTE. Listening doesnt mean do what they say, it means to pay attention to the issue)

2.- be more open to the playerbase.- so they complained a bunch about something, and you dont know ehat you are gonna do? Then say you are aware of it and working on it. Nothing pisses more the players than feeling ignored.

3.- TEST EVERYTHING with proper time.- its amazing that even t9 this day every update is bugged. Just test it and if it doesnt work delay it while you fix it, that eay the damage is reduced (ex. Jupero, trans update, AL and odin)

4.- hire people who actually play the game.- it is no wonder that some desicion are poorly made because your inner people lack knowledge of how the game works from a player P.O.V. maybe if you had some people like that you could filter pretty good the proposals. (Ex. Skills cast times and damages, gear that its a good idea to implement, judgeing gray ateas of the rules)

5.- Enforce the law.- be pretty clear on the rules and show no mercy in enforcing it, nothing deters a cheater more than knowing that if they do get caught the consequence could be big.

6.- find a way to do balance changes without KRO intervention. Seriously, it is known that classes do need to be balanced and KRo doesnt care, if you guys could get the power to do it this game could be more interesting with cjanginf mettas. (Ex. Cast time on AB and zen. Changes to skills mechanics, like dispel removing FCP, implementing crit gear, edp damage boost, etc.)

From my P.O.V its to late for this server and me (this is my quitting note) so i wanted to leave you this in case you dare to attempt to manage another server.

#2 RapthorneLight

RapthorneLight

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 10:47 AM

The have made this decision because they don't want to respect your right to the privacy of your online data. This company has given it's European customers the middle finger out of pure spite because they don't want to respect your privacy. That's why they are dropping Europe. All because they don't want to comply with a new law that would force them to seek our permission to harvest our data.

That's the hand they've shown today, and to that I say good riddance.

#3 Wolfen

Wolfen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 11:11 AM

The have made this decision because they don't want to respect your right to the privacy of your online data. This company has given it's European customers the middle finger out of pure spite because they don't want to respect your privacy. That's why they are dropping Europe. All because they don't want to comply with a new law that would force them to seek our permission to harvest our data.

That's the hand they've shown today, and to that I say good riddance.

Im not banned prrsonally, but with this im put off. This was more of an aftertought on what killed the server

Also restart could have worked if the EU notice was before the server or during its 1st month when population was high

Edited by Wolfen, 29 April 2018 - 11:12 AM.

#4 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 May 2018 - 04:28 PM

Not to play Devil's advocate or anything, but the ban has more to do than just the new laws. It's really out of WP's hands. And as for your list:

#1- I agree with this, but as stated before, WP only has so much control. Most times, they need to file a ticket with Gravity's support team, and they're worse than WP's. Also, they can't do much if half the player base says something needs fixed, and the other half cries "nuuu!"

#2- "We're working on it" and "soon" are phrases often repeated by the staff so much so that they hold no value.

#3- It's nearly impossible to find and fix all problems with each update even when it's put up on Sakray first. Sakray is a test server which itself isn't updated properly. Really hard to with so many custom changes to assist with testing things.

#4- The staff really can't play the game. Sure, they can create a new character, run it through the training ground while live streaming, take on a party in PvP, or hold mass summon events, but once someone even THINKS a GM has set up a shop or started playing seriously, people would cry that the GMs are cheating and/or manipulating the market.

#5- This is an International server. Many people don't speak or read English. How are they supposed to know that botting is against the Terms of Service, especially when you see so many of them running around?

#6- Once again, WP is limited by what they can do. They would either need Gravity's permission, or most often, would need Gravity to make the changes for us. And what we ask for is not always what we get. Just look at the 3rd class hats for example.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users