Perhaps ROSE needs something new? - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 5 votes

Perhaps ROSE needs something new?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Forums

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:10 PM

Perhaps this is not the best time to QQ, but who cares...

So, not too long ago we got this uptade "Orlo Chapter 2"...

We waited about a year for it to come out and all in all... it wasn't all that great... All we got was
1) A new map
2) A map which doesn't actually count as a whole map
3) 5 more levels
4) A few more mobs
5) New quests (which I like)
6) Costume system (which isn't bad too)

Honestly... this did not change much at all... it's still the same boring grind just with 5 more levels and different mobs. We did not even really need a new city... we already had 4 cities and only like two of them has any kind of population.

They mentioned something about new Castle Gears coming out soon, but seeing the current Castle Gears those probably will end up as another "show off" item for the lol, but honestly, are they really needed? We already have Castle Gears... why can't they simply exted those with things like CG skills or special add-ons? Stuff like a CG auto gun which shoots enemies automatically would be far more exciting than a different looking CG.

Other than that... When the new CG's come out, what will be the point of the old Castle Gears? Even now nobody uses the Wooden CG and when new CG comes out Reinforced CG will be the myth of the past. Will they add costume system for Castle Gears too?

ROSE already had too many maps before Orlo, most of them are not used. Why on earth waste a lot of time creating new maps when most of the existing maps are totally abandoned? The only thing the new leveling system brought was that the number of used maps were reduced further. People are getting 30-40+ levels from a single map. That's all wrong! We see numerous "DoD PK QQ" threads popping up almost every day, and that's because DoD is like the "ONLY MAP" after a certain level...

Instead of introducing new maps why don't they just adjust the existing maps? Really? They could have created so many much much more exciting and fun stuff during the time they made some new maps... Most player didn't even see most of the existing maps, so it would totally feel new for them anyway...

We didn't really need a new planet actually... We were perfectly fine with just 3 planets weren't we? It did not add anything new just more maps and more deserted areas. The only useful thing about Orlo was the new armors. All we did in prison back then was farming... all we do on Orlo is farming, so what's new?

Yeah it's of course nice to have a new planet, so we can say that this ROSE has as much planets as the other versions of ROSE, but a new planet is not that "new" if it's the same thing we can do there as on every other planet.

ROSE has so much potential...

Like we got those carts for whatever reason... Nowadays everyone can outrun them by equipping a few mspeed gear. That's not the point... We even got a raceway on Dolphin Island... Why don't we use it?

We even got some "instances" like Cave of Ulverick and Oblivion Rooms. Both of those had so many potential... Cave of Ulverick was dumped down to an unused map for players below 150 and Oblivion Rooms was a super easy boss for some random purples which level 200+ players have absolutely no use of other than giving it to their low level characters...

Players would probably enjoy some random minigames too... Like a classic survival game, or just chess... or whatever random game they can spend their time when they are tired of the mindless grind to max level instead of sitting afk in TG. Like who wouldn't want to play ROSE chess or a Prison Zombie Survival? I have also seen a ROSE Tower Defense posted some time ago on the forums, it was a browser game, but an in game version of it would totally rock!

Really... Just something that brings us out of the monotonity of the every day farm -> TG afk -> farm -> UW -> farm -> TG -> farm -> trolling forums -> farm -> TG -> UW -> farm.... Waaaaaah boring!!!

Another thing wrong is that we don't have major villains, sure thing we had Turak in Sikuku Ruins, but all he had was a labyrinth and a few fat guards, but meh... He was easy to kill solo... and didn't have any special loot. The whole point of villains is that they are hard to kill so we need a party and they drop awsome loot like extra special shiny weapons and stuff. He drops legendary armor, but who uses legendary armor these days?

Back then when I was started playing ROSE, it was Arua = Good, Hebarn = Bad. We visitors are good and we go kill bad Hebarn, but now we get to be the followers of Hebarn, so Hebarn is no longer a villain, because if he is a villain, then Arua the creator of all stuff is just as much villain for the Hebarn followers as Hebarn is for the Arua followers. I hope you get it...

The point is that ROSE needs villains with some background story. And when we get to kill them they are hard to kill and drop shiny loot...

And since you probably did not read this...

tl dr;
QQ.

#2 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:28 PM

Instead of introducing new maps why don't they just adjust the existing maps?

I really disagree on this part. I'd love to see the next 3 planets completed (how long it may take idc)

The rest I have mixed feelings. On some things I agree and on some things I disagree.
The part that I quoted is the only one that really stood out for me.

Good argument you wrote there though!

Edited by gEddeh, 30 December 2010 - 04:30 PM.

#3 LordArthas

LordArthas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • LocationInto the blue...
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 30 December 2010 - 05:26 PM

Excelent post PickUp. I agree on most the things that you said. For example, the scaling of mobs per maps is totally wrong. The blue monsters in Muris are just a recent example. I do think that we should have more maps/planets/level cap raised but the maps should be made in a way you have to go in a certain order visiting most if not all to level.
The second idea that you pointed and with wich i agree totally is the Kings (vilains) question. Wich leads to the drop system. In my point of view the drop system in Rose is wrong in so many ways. Kings should be special very hard mobs with a special useful drop. Indeed, show me a champion who cares about some legendary gear when he can get chivalrous? (this question would lead to the balance they introduce to the game, making the main stats and therefore gems pretty much useless, but lets stay on topic).
The third point i would like to comment is the CG, carts and other useless things we are so desperate to get in game. Its fun to get a CG but then when you have one what do you do? Mine is in inventory since the second day i got it. Skills, special abilities, special weapons would certainly make that baby far more interesting. Introducing new carts was a good step a few years ago. Still i believe they could do much more. Adding useless weapons to a merchant isnt really what i would dream of.
Last but not least. Im a huge rpg fan and i do love questing. But in Rose i skip most of the quests. The reason is so simple: why loosing hours doing quests when the rewards are so poor? To a certain degree the initial ones can be a big help. Some items, some cash, those things are helping a newcomer. But at a certain point many rewards are just plain ridiculous. Killing 10 hebarn/arua enemies to get 90 k at level 200+? No thanks. By the way what's the point having two fates in game? They play no role at all, people just get the same goals/rewards in a slightly different way.
Anyway and to end this text that nobody is reading: not so long ago we had clan wars. Not perfect system and certainly easily abused but an interesting idea. That got removed and we never heard of it again... I believe Rose needs things like clan wars, super badass bosses droping extraordinary things to one lucky guy in the big crowd needed to kill it. Quests with a story, a goal and a reward that would make you spend days doing them. I know this is a MMO and most are probably the same type: grinding all the time. But does it have to be this way?
Imagination. Thats the key word.
Side note: Happy New Year everyone!

#4 GreylaVu

GreylaVu

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 December 2010 - 06:33 PM

Perhaps this is not the best time to QQ, but who cares...

So, not too long ago we got this uptade "Orlo Chapter 2"...

We waited about a year for it to come out and all in all... it wasn't all that great... All we got was
1) A new map
2) A map which doesn't actually count as a whole map
3) 5 more levels
4) A few more mobs
5) New quests (which I like)
6) Costume system (which isn't bad too)

Honestly... this did not change much at all... it's still the same boring grind just with 5 more levels and different mobs. We did not even really need a new city... we already had 4 cities and only like two of them has any kind of population.

They mentioned something about new Castle Gears coming out soon, but seeing the current Castle Gears those probably will end up as another "show off" item for the lol, but honestly, are they really needed? We already have Castle Gears... why can't they simply exted those with things like CG skills or special add-ons? Stuff like a CG auto gun which shoots enemies automatically would be far more exciting than a different looking CG.

Other than that... When the new CG's come out, what will be the point of the old Castle Gears? Even now nobody uses the Wooden CG and when new CG comes out Reinforced CG will be the myth of the past. Will they add costume system for Castle Gears too?

ROSE already had too many maps before Orlo, most of them are not used. Why on earth waste a lot of time creating new maps when most of the existing maps are totally abandoned? The only thing the new leveling system brought was that the number of used maps were reduced further. People are getting 30-40+ levels from a single map. That's all wrong! We see numerous "DoD PK QQ" threads popping up almost every day, and that's because DoD is like the "ONLY MAP" after a certain level...

Instead of introducing new maps why don't they just adjust the existing maps? Really? They could have created so many much much more exciting and fun stuff during the time they made some new maps... Most player didn't even see most of the existing maps, so it would totally feel new for them anyway...

We didn't really need a new planet actually... We were perfectly fine with just 3 planets weren't we? It did not add anything new just more maps and more deserted areas. The only useful thing about Orlo was the new armors. All we did in prison back then was farming... all we do on Orlo is farming, so what's new?

Yeah it's of course nice to have a new planet, so we can say that this ROSE has as much planets as the other versions of ROSE, but a new planet is not that "new" if it's the same thing we can do there as on every other planet.

ROSE has so much potential...

Like we got those carts for whatever reason... Nowadays everyone can outrun them by equipping a few mspeed gear. That's not the point... We even got a raceway on Dolphin Island... Why don't we use it?

We even got some "instances" like Cave of Ulverick and Oblivion Rooms. Both of those had so many potential... Cave of Ulverick was dumped down to an unused map for players below 150 and Oblivion Rooms was a super easy boss for some random purples which level 200+ players have absolutely no use of other than giving it to their low level characters...

Players would probably enjoy some random minigames too... Like a classic survival game, or just chess... or whatever random game they can spend their time when they are tired of the mindless grind to max level instead of sitting afk in TG. Like who wouldn't want to play ROSE chess or a Prison Zombie Survival? I have also seen a ROSE Tower Defense posted some time ago on the forums, it was a browser game, but an in game version of it would totally rock!

Really... Just something that brings us out of the monotonity of the every day farm -> TG afk -> farm -> UW -> farm -> TG -> farm -> trolling forums -> farm -> TG -> UW -> farm.... Waaaaaah boring!!!

Another thing wrong is that we don't have major villains, sure thing we had Turak in Sikuku Ruins, but all he had was a labyrinth and a few fat guards, but meh... He was easy to kill solo... and didn't have any special loot. The whole point of villains is that they are hard to kill so we need a party and they drop awsome loot like extra special shiny weapons and stuff. He drops legendary armor, but who uses legendary armor these days?

Back then when I was started playing ROSE, it was Arua = Good, Hebarn = Bad. We visitors are good and we go kill bad Hebarn, but now we get to be the followers of Hebarn, so Hebarn is no longer a villain, because if he is a villain, then Arua the creator of all stuff is just as much villain for the Hebarn followers as Hebarn is for the Arua followers. I hope you get it...

The point is that ROSE needs villains with some background story. And when we get to kill them they are hard to kill and drop shiny loot...

And since you probably did not read this...

tl dr;
QQ.

No Soup for you!!

#5 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:09 PM

Well i look at it this way, let them give us all the seven planets, then yes, go back and spice things up a bit.
In my opinion, they should make exp KINDA the was it was before. keep the same rates and overkill, but make it once they turn grey the exp is useless. This was the best idea for the exp, and now you can kill a jellybean at 220 and get exp. Which is dumb. with this update it would deem the DOD pretty much useless, after a certain point. so you cant go 70-160 there. maybe 70-120? then the other maps would actually get explored. The Oblivion temple, pretty much all of luna (maybe) and eldeon would actually have people in the FOW, and MOG. it would be nice to make it this.

If you didnt read this. Read it. its actually a good way to make it.

*edit* if you never played when exp was like that, then im sorry lol.

Edited by EmoCutt, 30 December 2010 - 08:12 PM.

#6 xGh0stx

xGh0stx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:24 PM

I agree with some. I havent been back for very long,but i do see how things are run here. I've never seen a game run like this. Rose back in 2004-2005 when i played was so top of line kind of sad it really hasnt changed/ gotten better. I'd love way more quests that take along time and sub quests. Every decision you make takes you a different route. Hard to implement and would take time, but would be awesome to see it.

Edited by xGh0stx, 30 December 2010 - 09:24 PM.

#7 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:04 PM

you know what's sad? It's when ppl keep posting changes on Proposal and Suggestion, and ppl like you and couple of others asking for improvement in this game, the GM ignore 99% of them, and we are like talking to ourselves...seriously I wonder how many staff is in-charge of this ROSE online game now, just look at WarpPortal Support tickets, you send 1 ticket, you will get a reply after a month. A month? Just terminate this function if it is so hard to do.

Funny thing is, even CoffeeMuse changed attitude towards this game development and stuff I can see.

This is ridiculous, it's been 1 year since Orlo chapter 1, they say release in summer but now delay to Christmas, and we realize the size of this Orlo chapter 2 is like this small. They already got the map layout already from kROSE, all they need to do is to put up some NPC, some quests, weapons, armors, foods, ammunition, teleporter. OK, that you need 1 year to perform?

Edited by DestinyDeoxys, 30 December 2010 - 10:11 PM.

#8 YukiChan

YukiChan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Borderlands PSQ

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:45 PM

I quit being an active player years ago (I'm only playing events now) so I might say some worng stuff but:

when I started playing Rose in the days of open beta, game was more chalenging and harder
of course there was a big "wave" of new players and servers were full of them but that wasn't only good thing
Rose was my first mmo so that might be one of reasons why I still love it

but back then it was hard and slow to level
something that took me days and days back then I can do in less than few hours today and all that without any money or gear saved for noobies and without any IM boosters
every new map and every new monster was a challenge
getting a cart was also a huge reward back then as it was only way to travel fast,
walking all over back from "save town" to your fighting place after you died and there was no muse to revive you was also a challenge
yes it was annoying but you were more careful not to die, and if there was a "reviving" muse passing by it was like a miracle
right now I don't see any chalenges in Rose, besides farming farming farming 24/7/365(6)
quests are still lacking "something" to make them worth doing (unless you are like me and love to read those little stories told by NPCs)
there are pretty much no more "epic/history moments" like we had long ago
just remember (at least those who were playing back then or those who heard about it) when Ash was the first Artisan who was able to craft Sporty cars
that was a huge thing and something that will always be remembered

so.... yea, we need more chalenges in game

I started playing Dragon Saga recently and I can say that I really love that game
I might be a noob there and bad player lol but that game has way more challenges
for example
every new boss is a huge challenge - I always say - this is insane!!!! this is too hard!!! and waiting for some high levels to come and help with mission
it is not just that they have more AP and HP it's that they have new attacks and it takes time to learn just to survive
kiling them solo is possible though but unless you have some super super ultra best gear and lots of "player skills" it will take ages (and you will need lots of so called "feathers" so you can revive yourself)
it also has tons of quests
from main story quests that are spread all around the world that give you most of your exp to some mission maps you have to do to get your "set gear" or other items you can sell
every day there are some unique daily quests that change every day + they also change with your every level
- Guild quests that give you LOTS of exp (if you finish them ALL) and give your guild some exp (like clan points in rose)
- hunter quests that give you some capsules (inside you can find some random items you usualy sell but also some scrolls that give you extra skill points !!!)
- some billboard quests (forgot name) that give you some "monster cards" - those are used to unlock skill levels (default max level for most skills is 5, so if you want some skill unlocked up to 10 you need those monster cards)
to make things harder - even if you stay on same level to "farm" those cards you need lots of them and lots of luck to unlock next level
to unlock lvl 6 you need 2 so called "cursed" cards to make one you can use (and there is low success rate on them)
to unlock lvl 7 you need 2 of those you would use for lvl 6, so for lvl 10 you would need pretty much 2 * 2 * 2 * 2 * 2 = 32 cards (reminds on gem crafting :unsure:)
guilds are getting some skills with each level
some are passive skills, some are buff skills

also there are lots of dungeons / few types of them and in there you can get some special "set" items

to make it short - there are lots of things you can do every day, ranging from farming, leveling, doing main quests, or side quest etc
I didn't wrote this to get people to play DS but only to point out what can be done with quests and whole gameplay in rose

as mentioned above - yes, rose needs more "minigames", more things to do besides farming and fast leveling
if there was more things to do in rose even slow leveling wouldn't be an issue as you would be able to do more fun things and enjoy every moment of playing

I miss old days at preevo bosses
back then they were rewarding lots of exp and good drops and boss spawns were always full of players and parties trying to take down huge bosses, but it was ruined with Evolution update and after that it never became as fun and good as it was back in the "old days"

car skills, cg skills, more creative events by GMs, more quests, unique quests, new "minigames", some HARD dungeons and instances, achievements, more challenges and more fun is what is needed or else all those maps and planets would be a waste as mentioned above

#9 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFloating Around Somewhere!

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:53 PM

I 100% agree with you Yuki! I really miss the old days when it was just a challenge to even level up. The problem is now though if they cut the EXP and made mobs a little harder then people would start to whine because there not getting what they want fast enough, and because everyone has got use to the new game play they most likely won't like change, although I would like nothing better then the game to back like it was in the old days with the levelling system, etc, do you really think they would be bothered to change the system again.

#10 Mushy2000

Mushy2000

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:06 PM

Reset?

#11 YukiChan

YukiChan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:11 PM

unfortunately way too much damage was done to the game starting from old "superdrops" update back in 2007, but who knows :wub:
the thing is - if you just make game slow with no other content like - go kill 10000000000000 jellies instead of 20 to lvl up it would just make things worse
once you give players too much power and you want to take it back - QQs and ragequiting all over the place

but if they add new content and stuff worth doing, for example if they make drop system more unique to mobs and levels and if you would need materials from all areas to make some stuff - it won't be as bad

for example
if they introduce some new wings or shields or masks, and some materials are available at high level maps BUT if you also need some materials from some noobie areas it would help low level players to earn some cash by selling mats and old (high levels) would also have to use their "noobs" to farm those areas

but all this have to be carefuly planed and TESTED :unsure:

PS I forgot to add in previous post - new skills, 3rd jobs, that would be also nice to see in future

#12 YukiChan

YukiChan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:33 PM

Reset?

it won't help

take Draconis as example - I'm not saying it's bad but it didn't change things at all - it was too early to add it - some players got to max level in only few days and same "bad" things that were happening on Leonis that cause "reset" ideas are happening there too

#13 Mushy2000

Mushy2000

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:38 PM

but if they add new content and stuff worth doing, for example if they make drop system more unique to mobs and levels and if you would need materials from all areas to make some stuff - it won't be as bad

for example
if they introduce some new wings or shields or masks, and some materials are available at high level maps BUT if you also need some materials from some noobie areas it would help low level players to earn some cash by selling mats and old (high levels) would also have to use their "noobs" to farm those areas

but all this have to be carefuly planed and TESTED :unsure:

PS I forgot to add in previous post - new skills, 3rd jobs, that would be also nice to see in future

As I'm sure you know this was brought up years ago. I would love for there to be another overhaul of the drop system, they did it once after evo, they should do it again. Make things fresh. They tried to do it with the first drop overhaul, but the updates and the implementation into the crafting system wasn't what is should have been. It was some drops changed here some drops changed here, random drops changed everywhere.

Right now Rose does not have a world economy, everybody goes to their little place to farm then goes to junon to vend. Sounds like our Rose Civilization is about 2000 years behind in the times. We need a true world economy. One that fluctuates based on the populations in each map. Everyone helps each other and everyone benefits from it.

Combine this overhaul with a reset, that would fix things.

Edited by Mushy2000, 30 December 2010 - 11:39 PM.

#14 TankJr

TankJr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2513 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:09 AM

if new armors come out noone use the old ones

same will happen with cg...

thats just normal

#15 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland

Posted 31 December 2010 - 01:10 AM

if new armors come out noone use the old ones

same will happen with cg...

thats just normal

Not exactly. Old armors will always be used by the lower level players, but Castle Gears are only used by those who bother to collect the materials to them and they are very likely to only want the best one and totally ignore the weaker versions.

#16 xidar

xidar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 01:12 AM

New items are just a bandaid on the problems. New content always helps but the miserly 5 level cap makes it back to farming way to soon. When rose first started there was so much to see and do if u missed a day or 2 new friends were not 50 levels higher than u when you returned. Slower leveling was just as much a grind back then as it is now only you had to grind for ever to level.

Will the new players be as patient as we were will they wait a year for another 5 levels? I think we really thought the company had a plan back in the past. Boy were we wrong. If they have a plan its just to survive so
their plan is a business plan not a game plan.

It has taken a year to produce orlo2 or 6 weeks if u cynical what they did for the rest of the year I cant even guess. It wasnt bug fixing it wasnt new content class balancing or any of the other needed things.

The game needs third job it needs much higher level cap and it needs excitement but these threads will still be here next christmas if rose is still here

#17 TankJr

TankJr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2513 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 01:14 AM

Not exactly. Old armors will always be used by the lower level players, but Castle Gears are only used by those who bother to collect the materials to them and they are very likely to only want the best one and totally ignore the weaker versions.

show me one player who will buy an expensive lvl 200 (15) armor if he just has to wait 20 levels to get the better one

noone will do this

u can see this with the lvl 180 armors: i tried to sell a glorious (9)

my price at the end for this item was 30M cause noone wanted to pay more for it...

#18 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland

Posted 31 December 2010 - 01:21 AM

show me one player who will buy an expensive lvl 200 (15) armor if he just has to wait 20 levels to get the better one

noone will do this

u can see this with the lvl 180 armors: i tried to sell a glorious (9)

my price at the end for this item was 30M cause noone wanted to pay more for it...

You said old armors are not used at all. That is not entirely true, because they are used by leveling players who still can't equip the new armors, but weaker Castle Gears just don't exist, because they are not needed for leveling.

There is no progress for Castle Gears like there is for armors, so the best CG is the only CG that is used and the weaker CG's are 100% wasted content.

EDIT: And as you mentioned that nobody wanted your level 180 glorious, that's just another thing on the list of useless things in ROSE.

Edited by PickUp, 31 December 2010 - 01:22 AM.

#19 TankJr

TankJr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2513 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 01:58 AM

but old or new castle gear --> cg will be a collectors item

if someone wants to collect the things he will buy an old one too

and if the new cg has a level requirement of 200 u can use the old one during that time

and as u said: all union items war useless except the highest lvl ones

cause lower levels are fine with legendary or reinforced...

and noone pays 1000 union points for an item he has only 20 lvls (that means around 1 day ^^)

#20 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 December 2010 - 05:34 AM

The good old days will never return in the glory they once were.

#21 angrynull

angrynull

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • LocationSubSpace
  • Server:Both

Posted 31 December 2010 - 05:45 AM

This is an excellent thread. :unsure: I read it all because it wasn't the typical BOO HOO and seems to be more of an actual discussion. :wub:
Let's pool our resources and buy rose from gravity. I haven't been playing long but I am already getting bored with this game. This is my first game on the internet and initially I really liked it and the interactive experience but now..
Now it's stagnant and boring. All I have left to do is refine each thing three times. Then what?

THEN WHAT!??

#22 bluehell

bluehell

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 December 2010 - 06:13 AM

i completely agree with u on everything except for CG, personally for the price it costs the new CG oughtta be something more then "just a show off toy" or they wouldnt come out with it...

#23 kaminichuan

kaminichuan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Server:leonis

Posted 31 December 2010 - 06:56 AM

I think it just needs really hard stuff. Like the super villains with shiny loot pickup was talking about...

For me rose was fun when it was full of mystery. Its disappointing how pretty much all kings can be beaten alone by any player with fairly decent gears.

I remember back when I was playing my first 'high' level character, a level 160ish mage, and about to visit eldeon the first time. Someone I met in oblivion temple convinced me to explore the new planet with some pretty awesome stories, sounded really cool even though they were just stories lol.
This was back when gem7's were like the ultimate legendary stuff you could get, and if I had even one t7, I would be the most awesome out of all my highschool buddies who played with me.

Anyway, I was told that monsters in eldeon could drop gem 3-5's. So we went and fought a few of those ikaness backpack things, and a few minutes later, he suggested that we go to 'prison', where exp was crazy, and monsters can drop gem7's. GEM7's!! nothing was going to stop me now. So we go there, and he says 'wait at entrance while i check out whats happening'. And before I could say 'how? they look strong..', he does a little jump and turns invisible!!! wow!!! I didn't even know what a hawker was back then ahhahaha.

A few minutes later he respawns and says 'err.. yea too hard, the monsters a few rooms down have rainbow coloured names. I could only get there because of my STEALTH (omg wow awesome!!! *jealousss*). If you kill a rainbow coloured dude you get gem7's! The rainbow ones are like 100 levels higher than you'.

me: OMG LETS TRY!! please!! even if we beat one we'll be rich!!
the aoe-less scout who wanted me to level him: no.. they're too hard lets go back

so.. I was dejected but at the same time really excited about the possibilities unexplored in ROSE.

Anyway many levels later, we were up in prison. (The scout leeched all his way up without doing anything. "Oh i forgot to buy arrows, can I leech again? I'll let you have the first gem 7 we find". me: SURE!!)

Room 3 by now.
scout: let me check out the next room, DONT MOVE FROM HERE there's these 3 super bosses that respawn every day, don't go close to them!! I heard this full party of max level people with all refined 9 gears had no chance!! If you beat them all and go on you get to become a GM *turns half invisible again*

me: D: omfg wowowoow

*a few minutes later*

scout: *runs back* OMGGG THE KINGS ARE NOT THERE!!! SOME SUPER PEOPLE MUSTVE CLEARED THE WAY WE ARE SO SUPER LUCKY LETS GOOOOOOO.

anyway to cut a long short, he was afk the rest of the time while me and a cleric high-school friend leveled him up to 215. lol.

I never got to find any of those cool gem 7's. Nor the super ROSE 'gods' that hide in oblivion temple (apparently you fall into the temple after glitching onto the roof. I finally did it and no god. He said, they only spawn once every month at random times for 1 day). And apparently theres also a 'Junon God' inside the lighthouse in Junon city.

When I finallly got suspicious and asked how he get's this info, "I have Calanor on msn. He gives me all this inside info because I was the FIRST ever rose player. DONT TELL ANYONE ALRIGHT?!! OR Calanor will be banned!!"

--
Maybe I wasn't strong enough :unsure: For new rose players, keep trying!! maybe you can get those elusive gem 7's =D

Anyway ROSE should have this kind of un-achievable difficulty to get super shiny stuff.

Edited by kaminichuan, 31 December 2010 - 06:58 AM.

#24 LordArthas

LordArthas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • LocationInto the blue...

Posted 31 December 2010 - 07:27 AM

This thread is getting pretty interesting. Nothing really new but it demonstrates that the players aren't really having fun after a certain point. No wonder so many play a few months and quit (sadly it seems those are the targets for Gravity, nobody cares much about old timers...). Its curious that Dragon Saga seems to be a fun game, kinda like Rose in its early days i guess?
Anyway, if we dont debate those things (even if it looks like we arent listened) the game will never evolve the way many of us dreamed of. 6 years and im still hoping... Must be the holidays spirit :unsure:

#25 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida
  • Server:25-Life

Posted 31 December 2010 - 07:58 AM

I Quit Rose when my dual raider was 213. All that was left to do was refine gears, mindlessly pvp, farm zeny, and players were dropping like flies...or make alts.

Edited by Theoretical, 31 December 2010 - 07:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users