[Resolved] Keyboard Input Delay Since Patch v658 - Resolved Bugs - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Resolved] Keyboard Input Delay Since Patch v658

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:01 PM

Since the Patch notes thread got locked I figured I'd post it here. The alleged change to correct the printscreen bug actually just prevent the function of the printscreen button completely. You can't take screenshots now and ehen you press printscreen, nothing gets saved into your capture folder.

(you would have to press printscreen, then paste it into an image editing program, crop it and save it manually.)

EDIT: Apparently the printscreen button is working on one client, but not another. So I guess it works? But thats also an issue itself.

Edited by Phish, 05 May 2018 - 08:03 PM.

#2 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:51 PM

Printscreen is working just fine for me. I have 3 game clients open and tried it on each one. Got the screenshots in the capture folder like always.

I did notice something weird since the patch tho- whenever I have more than one ROSE game client open, I have very noticeable lag but not only in the game itself. I have lag when typing in Discord or on Skype or even just in a browser searching Google or w/e. I've restarted my pc but it's still the same when I have more than one game client open.

Not sure why but it definitely started after last night's patch.

Edited by HoneyBunz, 06 May 2018 - 01:21 PM.

#3 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:03 PM

So I restarted that client and its capturing screenshots now, but the arrow key movement is extremely buggy. First it was locking up, second time that client was experiencing massive lag from using the up arrow key for movement. All of this will the 2nd client remains fine.

#4 Lijona

Lijona

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Locationsunshine coast

Posted 06 May 2018 - 02:33 AM

I did notice something weird since the patch tho- whenever I have more than one ROSE game client open, I have very noticeable lag but not in the game itself. I have lag when typing in Discord or on Skype or even just in a browser searching Google or w/e. I've restarted my pc but it's still the same when I have more than one game client open.

same here

#5 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 06 May 2018 - 03:47 AM

My prinstscreen seems to save every capture aswel so no issues there, but the screenshot isn't automaticly copy to the clipboard anymore. 

#6 GokuBlackBR

GokuBlackBR

Amateur Blogger

• MA Recon Squad
  • 329 posts
  • Twitter:@BlackMontz
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Sunshine Coast

Posted 06 May 2018 - 11:46 AM

same here

same here[2]

#7 GokuBlackBR

GokuBlackBR

Amateur Blogger

• MA Recon Squad
  • 329 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 06 May 2018 - 02:22 PM

Printscreen is working just fine for me. I have 3 game clients open and tried it on each one. Got the screenshots in the capture folder like always.

I did notice something weird since the patch tho- whenever I have more than one ROSE game client open, I have very noticeable lag but not only in the game itself. I have lag when typing in Discord or on Skype or even just in a browser searching Google or w/e. I've restarted my pc but it's still the same when I have more than one game client open.

I have the same problem and i did some ticket about yesterday.

Normally people play in windowsmode but i like use 2/3 clients in Full Screen and when you use full screen that delay is worse.

Before that maintenance i used that 3 clients full screen max quality and i play Fortnite/Other games without need close that client and i no had any delay/lag.

But now after that maintenance when i open 2 clients full screen or 3 in windowsmode i have delay when i type on discord/browser and anywhere.

For sure is something in that maintenance.

@Genessis

I did test on my laptop and that laptop is 10x more weak than my dekstop and i used 2 clients full screen and when i tried type on discord/browsers i no had lag.

My laptop is windows 8.

But on my dekstop i have windows 10 and here i have lag when i open the clients.

Using full screen the lag is worse.

Some friends said to me they have the same problems and they have windows 10 too.

Anyway please revert it to windows 10 users can play normal without lag.

Edited by GokuBlackBR, 06 May 2018 - 02:32 PM.

#8 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 07 May 2018 - 02:17 AM

Thanks for the reports, a client update will be released later today to address the keyboard delay issues that have appeared since the print screen update was implemented.

My prinstscreen seems to save every capture aswel so no issues there, but the screenshot isn't automaticly copy to the clipboard anymore.

Capturing a screenshot of the focused window's game view to clipboard won't be possible with the print screen change as that was actively contributing to the performance issues in the game client, and from my testing it looks to be a common issue in DirectX applications.

It is still possible to use Alt+Print Screen on the focused window to capture the window to clipboard without the performance penalty though it will include the window border, and using Print Screen on a non-game client window will still capture a full screenshot of the desktop including the game window to clipboard.

#9 Snuwfer

Snuwfer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:58 AM

Just disable the damn arrow key movement, it's used for exploits and animation canceling all the time.

#10 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 07 May 2018 - 08:28 AM

Gota agree with snuwfer this time...

#11 BakuKnowsNothing

BakuKnowsNothing

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 09:22 AM

Still client are still lagging and the issue im trying to say is the not the Printscreen button.. its when you open more than 4-5client and the lag and delay comes... hope it will be fix as soon as possible :)

#12 GokuBlackBR

GokuBlackBR

Amateur Blogger

• MA Recon Squad
  • 329 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 07 May 2018 - 09:46 AM

Still client are still lagging and the issue im trying to say is the not the Printscreen button.. its when you open more than 4-5client and the lag and delay comes... hope it will be fix as soon as possible :)

Did you relog your client to get the update in your game?

Genessis released few time ago.

On my PC the problem was fixed.

Right now i have my 3 clients in full screen and when i type in game or on discord i no have more lag/delay.

pPmqTAm.png

Edited by GokuBlackBR, 07 May 2018 - 09:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users