I feel no pleasure in grinding for mobs anymore.. - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 1 votes

I feel no pleasure in grinding for mobs anymore..

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
95 replies to this topic

#1 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts
  • LocationMage Class Forum..?
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 May 2018 - 08:43 AM

With all those OCP and cash items flooding the IRO, I feel like there aren't any good reasons to grind other than getting their cards or some weapons..

I remember back in the days, i would spend hours grinding for Chain Amour [1] or Rod[4] and etc.

I know IRO is free-to-play, so it must utilize in-game cash shop to maintain its cost, but i think they are ruining the game =S

I also know that nothing is going to change but i just wanted to know if anyone feels the same.

#2 DoentMatter2U

DoentMatter2U

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 342 posts
  • LocationGreenland
  • Server:Loki - Chaos - Odin

Posted 07 May 2018 - 08:53 AM

If you couldn’t drive a porsche, would you choose to drive a honda or rather straight quit driving altogether? OCP items are not free though. Unless you spend money, you still pfarm hard to make zeny to buy OCP items. It is your choice with a bit different purpose of farming. Before you would farm items that you wanted. Now you farm items that are in demand such as Seagod then sell to make zeny for OCP items. In the end you still farm.

#3 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 09:08 AM

that's good analogy ! 

however, I am not complaining about farming for zeny to buy better equips;

just the fact that there aren't enough items that mobs drop that is worth equipping.

I am looking at my equipments, about 90% of them is from OCP.. 

of course I can farm/grind hard to make zeny to buy OCP gear, but it just don't feel same as getting it from mob..

May be i am just  being weird =P NEED COFFEEE

#4 OBBO

OBBO

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 593 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 May 2018 - 09:20 AM

The items are coming from JRO. JRO itself, the dev team thought of it a boring game. Grindfest design (for level or items) is repetitive and not fun in a long run. So the leveling there 1-165 became much easier.

Whenever new RagCan is announced, obsolete items have their price reduced. Some heavily and they will be new choices for beginner or low-budget player like me to buy.

In JRO, I can buy +6 Anemos Shield or +6 Gaia Shield for just 15-25M which is pretty challenge for someone who legitimately farms the zeny.

And the even more obsolete items in the past become much more cheaper.

vVUfFkr.jpg

It's kinda a frustration for those who are too rich and hoard the items. On the other side, it has become benefit for beginners too. And that's how the game keeps getting new players while the veterans are slowly quitting the game, in my opinion.

After the introduction of Eden Gears from Eden Group of the Renewal, I feel the same because those items bought from shops among towns became completely useless. This feeling is recovered when I started IRO classic which is the true pre-renewal.

(Ex. Just a shoes without slot can reduce damage from the monsters around Payon so significantly)

The concept of RagCan (which comes to IRO as OCP) is somewhat fulfilling the Renewal concept which makes character's strength heavily influenced by the items. But since I haven't tried most of them, I can't say it's actually making builds for each class expanded.

(Think about +10 Survival Rod with Survival Orb, the Chain Lightning or Earth Strain damage are just insane. Warlocks at JRO are the most formidable entity I have ever seen... (but not my Warlock, *omega lol*) )

Edited : (Sorry if this may be out of topic)

Talk about overpower-ness, Me, at first, thought of JRO's items are were too much. 800,000 Meteor Assault's damage or super-rapid over 100,000 Wind Cutter's damage for example.

Until someday, I found a Guillotine Cross at Morse cave. He did only 20,000-40,000 damage with +4 or +5 Enforcer Shoes which will be 8~9 hits to take one target down. I also noticed his pretty long cooldown.

Me too, after I aqquired a Wind Runestone [1], I tried spamming Wind Cutter against Celacanth but it wasn't overpower at all. Since my Galerdria is only +7, I did only 25,000 damage (3 drainliar cards). Spammable via Aura Blade but it was 20~30+ hits to take him down which made my finger hurted (lol)

So, I think the game (JRO) still has its reasonable power-creep unless a player pays so heavy until the condition of +9 or +10 is met. (Which I believe it isn't easy since it must be done via Enriched Ori/Elu) If so, the game just don't doesn't care about the balance because he or she has paid so heavy for it and he or she deserves it. Have fun wrecking stuff! (lol)

(Please keep in mind that JRO has a maximum refine level of +10)

I can't deny that it's sometime sad to see my character could just leech in a party though... Because if someone in a party is overpower like that, then my role is completely abandoned.

Edited by OBBO, 07 May 2018 - 10:02 AM.

#5 GodLike0000

GodLike0000

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 10:11 AM

I think so, too.

In my opinion, a free online game should keep its cash shop only selling items or other services that will not affect characters' abilities, or they can sell temporary gears like rentals in Kafra Shop.

I think iRO in 2016 (and that was the year when I joined) had better balance and it made me felt good, although it seemed that there were more bots in low level maps.

Edited by GodLike0000, 07 May 2018 - 10:16 AM.

#6 Leonchascon

Leonchascon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 10:14 AM

I feel the same, grinding, killing MVPs when i run ET i only grab the berrys  why grab a fireblend, why grab a gae bolg, why grab a masamune, why grab a slotted shield, etc etc etc the powercreep is too real sadly i too remember grinding my ass off to get a +7 shield on my crusader  :heh:

#7 GodLike0000

GodLike0000

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 10:21 AM

RO before the Renewal is too difficult to leveling, thus it has Eden Gears today. 

Yes, I think Eden Gears make the game boring before 3rd classes. If the developers could, I suggest them to develop other method that make leveling easier and at the same time you can enjoy collecting gears like the past.

#8 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 10:43 AM

Its unfortunate that warportal has little to no power in what items gets introduced/updated.

All we can do is hope for the best ! hahah

#9 Javaman144

Javaman144

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 04:41 PM

I think so, too.

In my opinion, a free online game should keep its cash shop only selling items or other services that will not affect characters' abilities, or they can sell temporary gears like rentals in Kafra Shop.

I think iRO in 2016 (and that was the year when I joined) had better balance and it made me felt good, although it seemed that there were more bots in low level maps.

iRO 2016 was the bomb man.

I miss the good old days.

#10 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:06 PM

Its unfortunate that warportal has little to no power in what items gets introduced/updated.

All we can do is hope for the best ! hahah

They have the power to choose which item they got to be implemented on server.

#11 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:23 PM

If you couldn’t drive a porsche, would you choose to drive a honda or rather straight quit driving altogether? OCP items are not free though. Unless you spend money, you still pfarm hard to make zeny to buy OCP items. It is your choice with a bit different purpose of farming. Before you would farm items that you wanted. Now you farm items that are in demand such as Seagod then sell to make zeny for OCP items. In the end you still farm.

That's a -_- analogy. Porsches don't completely ruin the road way.

You're part of the problem why this server is bad. They bring out OCP's and you bend over.

#12 carbinemortiser

carbinemortiser

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • LocationAvalon
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:24 PM

I feel no pleasure in grinding...

For a minute there, I thought we're talking about E.D.  :p_laugh:

Edited by carbinemortiser, 07 May 2018 - 05:25 PM.

#13 DoentMatter2U

DoentMatter2U

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 342 posts
  • LocationGreenland

Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:06 PM

That's a -_- analogy. Porsches don't completely ruin the road way.

You're part of the problem why this server is bad. They bring out OCP's and you bend over.

OCP’s don’t ruin the server either. Your mentality is what ruining yourself from enjoying this game. You don’t have to use OCP’s when they bring out new OCP’s. No one forces you to use it

Edited by DoentMatter2U, 07 May 2018 - 06:07 PM.

#14 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:29 PM

Ya, emptying the pockets of players just to get one item. They get pissed off and quit. To have any competitive edge you need those items. Look at mob scarf, it increases my warlock's damage a -_- ton. Don't tell me these items don't break the game, because they are.

They over wrote the strongest in game items, making this game beyond p2w and boring. The most successful mmo's are far from p2w.

OCP is not the problem. The problem is the people crying for OCP. The same people who rant and blame WP of it's incompetence. The same people who point the incompetence to GMs instead of the Greater Power. The same people who think GMs are powerful creatures. The same people who hoard OCPs. And so on and so forth.

Stop it already. There is no more help on this. Just enjoy and play the game. OCP is a part of the game now and accept it. Next thing will be MVPs on the cash shops and certs that instantly upgrades your equip to +xx.

Moreover, go crawl under the bridge you came from. Obvious troll is obvious.

Edited by ShoLin, 07 May 2018 - 06:35 PM.

#15 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:30 PM

OCP is not the problem. The problem is the people crying for OCP. The same people who rant and blame WP of it's incompetence. The same people who point the incompetence to GMs instead of the Greater Power. The same people who think GMs are powerful creatures. The same people who hoard OCPs. And so on and so forth.

Stop it already. There is no more help on this. Just enjoy and play the game. OCP is a part of the game now and accept it. Next thing will be MVPs on the cash shops and certs that instantly upgrades your equip to +xx.

#16 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:37 PM

It is their fault to a degree. If they actually gave to -_-s, they would of pushed management to do something.

This is pretty much going the same way of pRO and we knew what happened to that steaming pile of dog -_-.

Edited by ShoLin, 07 May 2018 - 06:37 PM.

#17 DoentMatter2U

DoentMatter2U

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 342 posts
  • LocationGreenland

Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:48 PM

Ya, emptying the pockets of players just to get one item. They get pissed off and quit. To have any competitive edge you need those items. Look at mob scarf, it increases my warlock's damage a -_- ton. Don't tell me these items don't break the game, because they are.

They over wrote the strongest in game items, making this game beyond p2w and boring. The most successful mmo's are far from p2w.

Moreover, go crawl under the bridge you came from. Obvious troll is obvious.

Game is too easy? You can play a non meta class or you can just ignore OCP’s to challenge the game. What am I getting from you is anything too powerful is considered game-breaking. If this is the case, all GX players are the problems too. All those who wanted the DA Crit update are the problems as well.

I can name lots of in-game items that are broken and are not sold in cash shop. To me it seems that you are just salty that cash items are not readily available to obtain in-game. You can spend money to get OCP’s. You can also farm hard and make zeny to buy OCP’s. That’s prettt much. I don’t see any problems with the way it is.

#18 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 08:43 PM

IMO, you only need to p2w a certain amount then you could buy WPEs and fund your OCPsand etc. because you’re strong enough to farm few billion Zeny per day.

On the other side, it also make some part of the game easier because the ingame gears got obsolete so easily it is so cheap like last time I had a Paladin, spending like 2 million Z for Cross Shield and this shield is only like 400,000Z today, RK could benefit from Hellfire which is about 200,000Z and Morrigane set got drop in price too.

But of course the effect of ingame gears are far behind cash items.

#19 stormboyx

stormboyx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • LocationGeffen

Posted 07 May 2018 - 10:04 PM

They should upgrade MVP drops and Put some ocp itens on mvp drops or other things idk. 

Quest for itens should be a nice ideia too, since you need farm alot then get a nice equip. 

To be really honest, just costume and leveling itens should stay on cash shop. Did you look the cash shop from iro? its depress, the costumes arrrrg...

#20 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 10:16 PM

Ocp items are meant as a cash grab

It would be unwise on their part if they decide to put it on mvp drop table

#21 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 10:34 PM

They should put mvp on OCP at almost 0% rate, just like the original ragcan

#22 2791130726184901777

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 11:12 PM

I thought Abyss Dress has like 1% drop chance?  Seems like everybody got at least once dress. This game is not lacking spenders that's for sure.

#23 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 11:38 PM

I refuse to wear a dress on my genetic :heh:

#24 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 11:50 PM

i can relate at the very least, my game time has greatly reduced mainly due to the game being less entertaining in general. nothing particularly new and "catching my attention" to be exact. don't know for sure if it's the time investment or the monetary investment that is pulling me still. but judging myself i dont care much about money if it meant i had fun

#25 Talee

Talee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 12:08 AM

i can relate at the very least, my game time has greatly reduced mainly due to the game being less entertaining in general. nothing particularly new and "catching my attention" to be exact. don't know for sure if it's the time investment or the monetary investment that is pulling me still. but judging myself i dont care much about money if it meant i had fun

I know someone/something that can catch your attention.  :p_laugh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users