Forums need more positivity, What's your game plan for the future? - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Forums need more positivity, What's your game plan for the future?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
82 replies to this topic

#51 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 May 2018 - 02:04 PM

• Risk of item wipe? Lol we all know WP will get burned to ashes if that happens at this point.

• RO is a dying game so it'll naturally go lower no matter what. I bet many if a merger did happen some time later people will say because of Thor our 3000population got reduced to 1900, memories get easily distorted. You guys are not the only one who had experienced mergers

• Stories? I bet my sorry ass Oda and Camp whoever was incharge have already fixed it a couple of months after migration. Stop clinging to past bugs that were already fixed. If your so adamant about it why won't you share it? Is it something no one else but you and your "source" knows about not even the admins themselves? Or is it something only up in your head?

• Most of your reasons aint even about Thor's problem, just RO's problem in it's entirety.

I know this cause I am in Thor and have been struggling to establish a much better image of my server in ways you wouldn't even understand nor would evn care cause you're not a part of it nor flashy enough to garner the attention of the "elites" cause heck am just a mere casual player who just happens to have been playing this game since I was on my mid-single digit age

item wipe. there is likely a chance that will happen. so yes, if that happens this game burns to ashes

mergers. if u agree about it resulting into less of a player base then i hope u do get the point im making

stories. yes some were fixed, how long did they get fixed though? we're lacking in updates and those are technically additional load to cover

about thor. tbh i was not talking about thor, i was talking about after this drastic event might happen. if you want me to talk about thor why don't we talk about those egotistic RMT mediators we had before that almost built an empire to run an entire server? and you know where my feelings of unrest that when a server merge happens i might not be as inclined to play ro anymore dealing with the same -_- in the past. thor has quite the population, 300-500, so to speak i don't think server merge will contribute to anything that would be helpful for the company, and the players in general. only people benefiting will be from thor, because the server right now is not experiencing much activity overall

don't act like this is an elite vs. casual person. i am neither an elite, nor you are casual enough compared to me

Not mod voice: I'm curious how people feel about events and stuff right now. What kind of things would the community like to see as a "Farewell" party? As sad as it is to have to go, is there any one last thing you wish to do if you can no longer play? I would love to go out with a bang of bloody/dead branches, enough so that it takes a large portion of the server to work together to clear it!

would have been a better zeny sink if people bought for example, tickets for 5-10m and later turning these in for a boss summoning spree in town. people get to kill mvp's with co-players at the same time left at least a bloody massacre fun time with the people left. but then again people could just buy casual bb and kill bosses with their friends. so this option might be for people who have a lot of zeny, but intends to bring fun for the server

#52 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 10 May 2018 - 02:19 PM

.......dang th elast time we had a summoning was during Oda's. Ehat the heck space whale am jelly

Astra did it quite a few times and on every server, lol.

#53 Lolinhaa

Lolinhaa

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 02:34 PM

Mod warning: Please keep the topic on-topic. Fighting about server merging is not positive!

Not mod voice: I'm curious how people feel about events and stuff right now. What kind of things would the community like to see as a "Farewell" party? As sad as it is to have to go, is there any one last thing you wish to do if you can no longer play? I would love to go out with a bang of bloody/dead branches, enough so that it takes a large portion of the server to work together to clear it!

Honestly, as one of the players who will be leaving, I have made my peace with the fact that we are not getting any more info until the 25th, and I think I have reached the 'acceptance' stage of grief, so, yeah, this does sound like it would be a fun farewell event as long as it's a whole lot of monsters! At least if would be an opportunity to get a lot of people together, and take some last screenshots/videos!

#54 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 May 2018 - 03:28 PM

• bugs. example, malangdo bugged storage from the past servers. there should be more i forgot that carried over :o
  • risks. the possible item wipe due to both servers supply of different items (i need to confirm if chaos opted all servers before wiped, ive heard yes)
  • population. the population of valk server before was better than how chaos turned out after a while
  • stories. people have been posting a lot of stuff about them, unsure if they have the energy to repeat them for you but no, they are not myths lol

you guys are the ones who turn blind ears because this is "your" option for thor. people are innate selfish so i dont really mind.

You don't sound very clear. Bugs can be solved easily if they just do the job flawlessly. Wipe are imminent if you talk about mergers. The number on the server is imaginary. They can remove it. It's not exactly what you see. People who stopped playing after were pretty much retiring. Not because of the merge. People finds life outside RO. They maybe old geezers who opted for convenient life of a retiree/pensioned. Stories will always be stories. No matter what.

Also, you are wrong on using you/your. I don't care about that option. I'm just correcting misinformation. 

Despite of being named International RO, iRO is far from being multicultural. Have you ever learnt anything culturally new from European players or foreign players who came from a different background? Knowing words such as Yamete, Hentai, Sugoi, Taco, Burrito, etc, dont count. Just because game offers the services to most countries in the world does not simply make it a multicultural game. This is a visual society. It is far from reality.

The cancer here is very straightforward. As Camp already stated many times that Thor exists to cater players in South East Asia. If you merged it to Chaos, Thor players would start demanding things that Chaos players might not want. What Thor players may request may not necessarily be wrong but it may be things Chaos do not want. For examples, WoE time schedules. Would new schedules in a favour of which players? About what new bugs and scams? Chaos also has these problems and we do not need more of it.

Please don’t just assume this is racism which is not. I can easily take Japan as a good example. Is Japan being racist for wanting to preserve their own ways and if you want to come to visit, for example, you are expected to learn some basic Japanese to communicate rather than assume that they all can speak English to you. Learn their cultures and follow instead of trying do your things according to your cultures and so on. Note that most Japanese people are in fact very polite, welcoming and far from being racist if you show your effort to understand and assimilate to their cultures.

To put it simple, if you want to play with a Chaos, you are more than welcome to start over and assimilate in Chaos society.

You are the only one who brought the term multiculturalism and now you are trying to disprove yourself?

For WoE concern, there is none. If there is- there was already a suggestion about that. An alternating schedule for WoE.

Also, I'm already good. I'm playing on all 4 servers so I don't really need any opinion on that.

#55 Javaman144

Javaman144

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 04:33 PM

ITT: Thread negative thoughts instead of positive.

Anyhow,

I'll be checking the game in short bursts and check this forum out once in a while.
But for now I'm putting the game down.

#56 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 10 May 2018 - 04:41 PM

Astra did it quite a few times and on every server, lol.

I shouldve been out of my caves noooooo

#57 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 04:44 PM

For positivity's sake tho

What to say....

Ah!

,,,.hmmm

I see...

Yep..

Atleast some of my guildies are still here lol

#58 DoentMatter2U

DoentMatter2U

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 342 posts
  • LocationGreenland
  • Server:Loki - Chaos - Odin

Posted 10 May 2018 - 04:57 PM

You are the only one who brought the term multiculturalism and now you are trying to disprove yourself?

For WoE concern, there is none. If there is- there was already a suggestion about that. An alternating schedule for WoE.

Also, I'm already good. I'm playing on all 4 servers so I don't really need any opinion on that.

To honor Vmod's warning, there is nothing much to discuss at this point. I'm just glad they're very firm to their decision that there will be no merge.

#59 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:thor during woe

Posted 10 May 2018 - 07:29 PM

pffft I hate Lolicon-bait characters the most. It's quite heartbreaking as my friends whom I painstakingly tried to convince to play ragnarok easily started playing that game.

Wish Agit Lords push through else I'll be reading the dozens upon dozens of VN's now available through steam which will last me for 4 or so years, Im quite good at stalling from finishing one.

Loli is life xD they are so cute and adorable especially when they start murdering other players <3 (idk..maybe because anime ruins my sanity..oh god )

but on the serious note. i got a lot of things that i notice which can ragnarok can adopt from that game (because the game is pretty new, its like 2 months old from mobile and 4 years old in the pc)

>Guild contribution system. every member is rewarded whenever there's an in guild events. if RO have this guild contribution system, we might revive woe entirely

>Every guild in that game fights for fame, not literally bragging rights but availability of items and consumables, RO can put some items which can be available at the guild market depending on how many agits they have....or points they got in Agit lord

>Equipment set there are all huntable. they need to gather ingredients in order to make a certain item. we can use this for reviving the old hall of the abyss as additional drop (so what item we can use? OCP )

> I know we have paramarket and we really really need paramarket. it will solve the hyperinflation in chaos and poor selling, shady deals at thor.

>and have some good,entertaining events...

so yah, basically we need to make up ragnarok to fit it in the modern gaming environment, ragnarok won't make it to the next decade if we continue this..boring and blant set up....

#60 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 07:37 PM

You don't sound very clear. Bugs can be solved easily if they just do the job flawlessly. Wipe are imminent if you talk about mergers. The number on the server is imaginary. They can remove it. It's not exactly what you see. People who stopped playing after were pretty much retiring. Not because of the merge. People finds life outside RO. They maybe old geezers who opted for convenient life of a retiree/pensioned. Stories will always be stories. No matter what.

Also, you are wrong on using you/your. I don't care about that option. I'm just correcting misinformation. 

which part is not clear though? do you mean if i really did encounter these things? no, i didn't. but safe to say ive had friends before to orient me with how things have been before and after that. imminent wipe, yes. that is one of the crucial things people want to avoid. starting over again is a hassle. almost all of my friends and acquaintances would hate it if that happens every time i ask and such random question pops up. about the old people who used to play, yes retiring is one of the factors, but nobody can really quantify who were those that retired and who were those that was dissatisfied of the merge. safe to say whatever the merge brings about to us, that is to say the keywords item wipeless or no help to population increase, as well as more jobs that need to be solved is not really appealing to the ears so these stories you're neglecting are kind of convincing since there is actual dissatisfaction in what it would bring about, and that a merge would just be nonsense

as iv'e said, this is turning into deafness from sensibility. this is all "those are just stories" and no actual form of an argument. example, what do you think a merge can bring about that is positive knowing population is not 1+1=2? if it's so that they can focus on one server, that's not really good either because it has rescued something but destroyed another. in reality, we don't actually have to make big sacrifices to make nice things happen. sometimes it's sticking with the model now and developing it further to make it better

and please, if it's not thor's option then i hope thor people would stop asking for it over and over amidst everyone, even the vmods saying there are no plans of the sort. control your people if you must

Edited by DarkOrinus, 10 May 2018 - 07:38 PM.

#61 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 10:08 PM

^can you even control Chaos?

#62 AkaneSwifthand

AkaneSwifthand

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 10:12 PM

My game plan for the future is to be banned the 25th

#63 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 10:13 PM

i can't but i can scold as much as i need to to make them stop. anyway i've had enough. a friend is irked by what i'm doing so i'm out

positives

i'm at the age where i'm satisfied just by looking at my ro character and reminiscing whatever memories i had left with them. plus i have friends left for me to actual stay in the game again so that would be for purpose

#64 DoentMatter2U

DoentMatter2U

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 342 posts
  • LocationGreenland
  • Server:Loki - Chaos - Odin

Posted 10 May 2018 - 10:19 PM

Noob friend :u

#65 Doral

Doral

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:29 AM

server merge is still an option.  :waddle:

if the merge gets through you'll have your signature complete right away wkwk

#66 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:31 AM

if the merge gets through you'll have your signature complete right away wkwk

Everyone crying? Or everyone having the items?

#67 Hoshi

Hoshi

Amateur Blogger

• RO Fungineering
  • 145 posts
  • LocationThe Bannedlands

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:05 PM

After 25th May my game plans are deleting every Gravity games from my computer and smartphone and avoid every Gravity games in the future.

#68 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 14 May 2018 - 05:47 PM

can i have ur items so i can continue your legacy 

#69 Hoshi

Hoshi

Amateur Blogger

• RO Fungineering
  • 145 posts
  • LocationThe Bannedlands

Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:00 AM

Sorry, I gave them already to some trusty persons, I have relatives in Canada and Latin America can play on iRO.

#70 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:09 AM

Mod warning: Please keep the topic on-topic. Fighting about server merging is not positive!

I have no intention of logging in anymore since we got the message and the way we are ignored here and left uninformed for almost 3 weeks now killed any last motivation left inside. Even if theyd prevent the ban I wouldnt log in again.

on topic: I play videogames since I was 2 years old, 27 years now, and Im gonna continue to do so. Mostly offline games and WoW with some friends, cya.

#71 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 15 May 2018 - 04:13 AM

Negative + Negative = ?

#72 Javaman144

Javaman144

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 07:22 AM

Negative + Negative = ?

2Negative

#73 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 12:52 PM

you can't force positivity from something that has run out of it.

​iRO's RO1 Renewal server's demise is caused by a perfect storm of things.

RO is old AF.
Not much has changed from it aside from the apparent power creep that jRO has been shoving down our throats.

It was never noob-friendly and will never be.

​WoE and PVP died.

​This part of the game IMO is the best and important part of RO. These two made RO really fun & competitive back in the day.
PvM is nice and fun at the beginning but gets repetitive and boring.
​There's a ton of reason why this happened and several threads in the forum were already out there.

There's more fun games out there.

I LOLed so hard about that Multiculturalism.
​He expects an INTERNATIONAL server to have an absolute singular culture?
​Same guy who said RGs CANT MVP. LOL.
​There goes his credibility down the sewage.

#74 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:15 PM

Game is still very fun for me. The only problem I have is my laziness to farm things. So I make just log in to do a video and log out. Still thinking what video I should make next but ... meh

#75 Doral

Doral

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:52 AM

Everyone crying? Or everyone having the items?

i got itemz u want? or i just delete it all with the chars to control inflation they say

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users