Leave the Replay button enabled always - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Leave the Replay button enabled always

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Benderama

Benderama

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 May 2018 - 03:19 AM

Would like to suggest to simply leave the replay launcher button on the patcher always available, regardless if the server is undergoing maintenance or not.

How about instead of having the "Play Classic" button always available, just make/place the replay button there for scenarios when the server is down, crashed or undergoing maintenance.  

At least then one could watch their replays anytime, offline or not. Or even share them with friends and have them able to instantly view them instead of forced to wait for whatever problem or maintenance to be resolved. 

Mild frustration with a simple fix.

I am assuming the choice to disable the replay in failed to connect or maintenance scenario is for the rare chance that the client is not up to date and a player tries to watch a replay resulting in errors. But that seems silly as that would be a extremely rare situation.

Most of the motivation to watch a replay comes from downtime or shared interests.  Why not make that available for downtime situations like maintenance and server crashes?

#2 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 May 2018 - 03:40 AM

Hello there,

I am not sure if they have an intention to change that but you can already do the same by following the guidelines posted below.

1. Browse iRO folder and find Ragexe.exe.
  2. Right click the exe file, choose Create shortcut.
  3. Move the newly created shortcut to the desktop for now.
  4. Right click the shortcut, choose Properties, choose Shortcut tab.
  5. In the Target bar, add -1rag1 Replay at the very end, make sure there is a single space between that and the existing target path. So it should look like this: "C:\Users\Windows\Ragnarok Online\Ragexe.exe" -1rag1 Replay
  6. Apply and then OK.
  7. The new shortcut now can be used to launch the client to reply the videos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users