La'cry Stick with Pororoca shoes vs Crimson rod - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

La'cry Stick with Pororoca shoes vs Crimson rod

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:38 AM

Hi all,

So i've been leveling in NCT. I read on forums and found Crimson staff is a very good staff these days if you can get it to +12 or higher (something like that). so i was so glad when i did.

But now I find that my +7 La'cry stick with Pororoca shoes are doing more damage with CR on big bell then my +12 Crimson rod??! My frost nova is lvl 10, so i'm guessing it can be because i'm bypassing 50% of magic defence of big bell. But the MDEF of big well is only 53, which isn't really that high. It also does more dmg on a normal Rideword Mdef 38.

So it pretty much means my +7 La'cry stick and Pororoca shoe will do better dmg than my +12 crimson rod most of the time? Have I wasted my zeny? Or did I miss something.

Thanks

Edited by harlokjai, 16 May 2018 - 04:07 AM.

#2 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:53 AM

Crimson weapons in general will outshine most things at +15. That said I don't know the specific comparison between Crimson Rod and everything La'cryma Stick combo has to offer. But the difference between +15 and +12 on Crimson Rod makes a pretty big difference.

#3 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:00 AM

But now I find that my +7 La'cry stick with Pororoca shoes are doing more damage with CR on big bell then my +12 Crimson rod??! My frost nova is lvl 10, so i'm guessing it can be because i'm bypassing 50% of magic defence of big bell. But the MDEF of big well is only 53, which isn't really that high. It also does more dmg on a normal Rideword Mdef 38.

This is all you need to know to understand how toxic is MDEF implementation on this game.

#4 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:28 PM

Crimson weapons in general will outshine most things at +15. That said I don't know the specific comparison between Crimson Rod and everything La'cryma Stick combo has to offer. But the difference between +15 and +12 on Crimson Rod makes a pretty big difference.

Unfortunately no matter how hard I try. I have never gotten anything pass +12 :(

#5 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:49 PM

So what about the Vicicous Mind rode? The stats are better than Crimson rod, it has better stats for lvl160+ but  I hardly see it being mentioned?

This is all you need to know to understand how toxic is MDEF implementation on this game.

lolll, i understand now...........

#6 Aleister

Aleister

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:48 PM

What if you try those staff with other type of mob? Maybe in an instance like ogh  !

#7 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:43 AM

I would not farm OGH with my WL, at least not on a daily basis. Sure nowadays WL can do anything, its still extremely inefficient for instances like OGH due to the existence of shadow 4 mobs. You will need a lot more time to clear it than with another class like Gene/GX, and time is precious for most ppls here who already have jobs.

#8 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 01:25 AM

actually, i came across the Laphine staff and shield/kardui robe combo today.

The staff and shield gives a massive 180+ 15*15+50 (bonus with shield) + 15*15 (Kardui) bonus = 680 MATK?

Did I do my maths correctly? That's way more than the +15 crimson rod of 345 MATK.

Is that right?

#9 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 21 June 2018 - 10:24 PM

actually, i came across the Laphine staff and shield/kardui robe combo today.

The staff and shield gives a massive 180+ 15*15+50 (bonus with shield) + 15*15 (Kardui) bonus = 680 MATK?

Did I do my maths correctly? That's way more than the +15 crimson rod of 345 MATK.

Is that right?

For +15 laphine staff combo part, adding 75 more matk from +15 lvl 3 weapon refine bonus (5 matk bonus each/refine level) for the sum of 755 matk

For +15 Crimson Rod when used by lvl 170 players, also adding 75 more matk from +15 lvl 3 weapon refine bonus (5 matk bonus each/refine level) for the sum of 420 matk

The pros of crimson rod is it comes with 2 slots, while iRO laphine staff are not (jRO got 2 slotted laphine staff).

But the laphine staff combo will be enhanced further when Scarab's High Heels and Kardui Ears arrives

#10 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 05:46 AM

For +15 laphine staff combo part, adding 75 more matk from +15 lvl 3 weapon refine bonus (5 matk bonus each/refine level) for the sum of 755 matk

For +15 Crimson Rod when used by lvl 170 players, also adding 75 more matk from +15 lvl 3 weapon refine bonus (5 matk bonus each/refine level) for the sum of 420 matk

The pros of crimson rod is it comes with 2 slots, while iRO laphine staff are not (jRO got 2 slotted laphine staff).

But the laphine staff combo will be enhanced further when Scarab's High Heels and Kardui Ears arrives

335 MATK more from the Laphine stafff combo is significant isn't it? The 1 extra slot of crimson rod isn't really going to do much unless it's a rare card.

But having read these forums, I haven't really seen anyone mention Laphine staff combo as a good set for WL. Mainly just recommend +15 Crimson rod and lacryma combo or vicious mind rod with good enchants.

Why is that? I must be missing something  :p_sad:

Edited by harlokjai, 23 June 2018 - 05:47 AM.

#11 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris

Posted 23 June 2018 - 08:22 AM

It was discussed many times in the past, just scroll some pages back in "How is magician class (sorc & warlock) these days ?"

But as you know or might have guess, not much people would bother doing the maths (extra 335 flat matk difference is almost equal to 360 flat matk from mobscarf combo effects through 120 int and 120 dex investment) and most people doesn't know yet what the whole combo effects would bring.

You better keep some of the combo parts ready in the meantime, before the full combo parts arrival and people starts to price jacking the combo parts component in the future :heh:

If WP would importing jRO 2 slotted laphine staff to iRO, people will be more crazed with the kardui/laphine staff combo :rice:

They've done this before on 2 slotted piercing staff, 3 slotted ixion wings, 3 slotted gelerdria and slotted survivor manteau from jRO, so it's not an impossible feat for WP to import another similar equipment variations from jRO :p_smile:

Edited by Casval17, 23 June 2018 - 08:33 AM.

#12 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 08:47 PM

It was discussed many times in the past, just scroll some pages back in "How is magician class (sorc & warlock) these days ?"

But as you know or might have guess, not much people would bother doing the maths (extra 335 flat matk difference is almost equal to 360 flat matk from mobscarf combo effects through 120 int and 120 dex investment) and most people doesn't know yet what the whole combo effects would bring.

You better keep some of the combo parts ready in the meantime, before the full combo parts arrival and people starts to price jacking the combo parts component in the future :heh:

If WP would importing jRO 2 slotted laphine staff to iRO, people will be more crazed with the kardui/laphine staff combo :rice:

They've done this before on 2 slotted piercing staff, 3 slotted ixion wings, 3 slotted gelerdria and slotted survivor manteau from jRO, so it's not an impossible feat for WP to import another similar equipment variations from jRO :p_smile:

When they did import the ixon wings, piercing staff, survivor manteau, did they change existing ones to slotted ones as well? Or the old ones stay unslotted?

Cause I'm thinking even if I have a laphine staff now, there won't be any point in keeping it if upon importing the original staff don't get upgraded to slotted one.

#13 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris

Posted 23 June 2018 - 08:58 PM

They keep the old ones, and add the jRO variation with different item ids

just browse ragial for fast results, some items are given different name like in survivor's manteau to cloak of survival case.

ocp 3 piercing staff

ocp 7 ixion wings

ocp 15 survivor manteau and gelerdria

Edited by Casval17, 23 June 2018 - 09:04 PM.

#14 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:21 PM

They keep the old ones, and add the jRO variation with different item ids

just browse ragial for fast results, some items are given different name like in survivor's manteau to cloak of survival case.

ocp 3 piercing staff

ocp 7 ixion wings

ocp 15 survivor manteau and gelerdria

oh! So that's why there's a survivor manteau and cloak of survival. I was thinking those items are awfully similar to each other.

Edited by harlokjai, 23 June 2018 - 09:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users