Can We Do This :U - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Can We Do This :U

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#1 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:04 PM

So, RNG boxes suck.

I would much rather see OCP items added to an NPC with a fixed Silvervine Fruit cost.

You already have ranks for drop rates, you could price items accordingly to that. A silvervine fruit is approximately 10c USD, so can use that as a baseline.

By making it cost fruit, you could bypass billing restrictions.

People could then fork out money for something they want, rather than gambler's remorse.

#2 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:14 PM

Would definitely go for this.  I haven't opened anything at all since I wasted it on OCP3. 

It discourages hoarding and regular players who are risk-adverse can actually obtain these items without resorting to 2nd hand black market. 

#3 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH

I've been wondering why they wouldn't implement the Silverine System the way they did in RE:Start  :p_sad:

#4 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2145 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

when the sales figure hits bottom low , they are in a dire situation, they might start considering opinion .

anyway i’m so looking forward to Ocp remix this time round

#5 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

yesssssssssssssssssssss

#6 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:30 PM

Sounds like a good idea, though for myself I’d love to see them adding some cashshop items to instances and MVP drops, ie. Magician gloves and spirit king ring to Geffen Magic Tournament. They can put the most OP S class items in cashshop still, but allow ppls to farm rare and semi rare items in game. This way they keep ppls farming and playing the actual game, without losing much profits if anything at all.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 17 May 2018 - 03:31 PM.

#7 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:31 PM

Sounds like a good idea, though for myself I’d love to see them adding some cashshop items to instances and MVP drops, ie. Magician gloves and spirit king ring to Geffen Magic Tournament. They can put the most OP S class items in cashshop still, but allow ppls to farm rare and semi rare items in game. This way they keep ppls farming and playing the actual game, without losing much profits if anything at all.

That has been suggested several times with no result.

#8 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:34 PM

That has been suggested several times with no result.

I wonder what makes WP listen to players suggestions though, they need financial incentives don’t they?

#9 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:41 PM

I hate the multiple factors of RNG. Just let me buy what I want to buy please. What if the tool dealer did that?

Tool Dealer Box, 20,000zeny:

S Tier

White Potions x500

A Tier

Yellow Potions x250

Orange Potions x400

B Tier

Red Potions x1000

Ygg Leaf x50

C Tier

Butterflywings x100

Flywings x300

Edited by Scuba, 17 May 2018 - 03:42 PM.

#10 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:chaos>ymir>chaos

Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:05 PM

I hate the multiple factors of RNG. Just let me buy what I want to buy please. What if the tool dealer did that?

Tool Dealer Box, 20,000zeny:
S Tier
White Potions x500
A Tier
Yellow Potions x250
Orange Potions x400
B Tier
Red Potions x1000
Ygg Leaf x50
C Tier
Butterflywings x100
Flywings x300

Don’t bring them on ideas! ;)

I do wonder how these loot boxes will work if there will be laws against them in the future.. let’s hope that all the remaining players will get treated better than how European people get treated now by GravityUS

Edited to add: it’s an interesting idea though buying things with silverline.. then people can just buy what they actually need under of ending up with a gazillion amount of an “low rate” item

Edited by TheQuietStorm, 17 May 2018 - 04:09 PM.

#11 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:22 PM

Make them as monster drops

#12 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:24 PM

Gonn have to disagree with you. That’s like saying we should have a bonus box. On every $500 spent, you will get a bonus box which has 10% to give you a random MvP card.

And I’m not sure what you’re trying to accomplish here because you can still farm many in-game instances to make zeny then buy OCPs. What determines prices? ... demand and supply of course.

#13 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:28 PM

Gonn have to disagree with you. That’s like saying we should have a bonus box. On every $500 spent, you will get a bonus box which has 10% to give you a random MvP card.

And I’m not sure what you’re trying to accomplish here because you can still farm many in-game instances to make zeny then buy OCPs. What determines prices? ... demand and supply of course.

his idea helps supply and demand with how low our player base has been getting. plus it isn't like a bonus box if they are accessible both ways. by which only the semi rare drops from mvp's "not the mvp cards" themselves embodied by S Class items are attainable

Edited by DarkOrinus, 17 May 2018 - 04:29 PM.

#14 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:33 PM

his idea helps supply and demand with how low our player base has been getting. plus it isn't like a bonus box if they are accessible both ways. by which only the semi rare drops from mvp's "not the mvp cards" themselves embodied by S Class items are attainable

You can be sure that if you can get Cash items via in game methods, less people would buy OCPs then WP will activate their last god-like mode ... MvPs in cash shop to get people to spend money.

Why would anyone spend money if they can play OP classes and finish any instances in a second? What about other weak classes? Players can just quit because they are losing in efficiency.

#15 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:37 PM

You can be sure that if you can get Cash items via in game methods, less people would buy OCPs then WP will activate their last god-like mode ... MvPs in cash shop to get people to spend money.

Why would anyone spend money if they can play OP classes and finish any instances in a second? What about other weak classes? Players can just quit because they are losing in efficiency.

same to how pvm works doesnt it? players would quit either way if one or the other gets too much of an advantage. what you say?

and as how it was relayed, it is like mvp's dont get to drop s class tier items. which in return is like a peace treaty that mvp cards should not be in cash shop either. both of which creates exclusivity in some items

#16 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:41 PM

same to how pvm works doesnt it? players would quit either way if one or the other gets too much of an advantage. what you say?

and as how it was relayed, it is like mvp's dont get to drop s class tier items. which in return is like a peace treaty that mvp cards should not be in cash shop either. both of which creates exclusivity in some items

Let’s all quit together. RIP time farming and RIP money throwing in :3

#17 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:04 PM

heck even the (shadow item quest - remastered) is swept under the rug. camp said they will implement something in exchange for that "unfrozen set" fiasco 

#18 Blueness

Blueness

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:30 PM

Yes please!

#19 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:53 PM

Better than it is now. However, it's still p2w -_-.

#20 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 May 2018 - 07:23 PM

Better than it is now. However, it's still p2w -_-.

We are never gonna see a good environment again, better to get the best of a bad bunch deal going.

#21 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:08 PM

It won't happen, they make way more by making people gamble for it. 

#22 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:41 PM

Stupid rat experiments.

#23 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:44 PM

They'd prob make it worth 100 boxes worth. So like $300.

#24 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:50 PM

although with new ocp's releasing every week, i honestly think all they need is to not be greedy with them lol, imagine efficient revenue and also maintaining the player base. if it goes well the outcome expands to more players while retaining the ones left

as for obtaining stuff via pvm thats probably gonna take some work. making it so it might be worth the hunt. could care less if this was hunt style or drop style but i personally don't want more drop styles bc thats just another layer of rng lol

#25 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4114 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:16 PM

Please do this WP!!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users