Reporting Ill-mannered activities - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Reporting Ill-mannered activities

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#1 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Both

Posted 18 May 2018 - 12:53 AM

How do we know if the person we reported gets the hammer ban if the staff always say "we can't disclose the result of the report"??

we, as the reporters, should have the right to know if the person we reported gets the hammer.  i couldn't help but smell something fishy going on in there. 

#2 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • Server:iRO Brooms \o/

Posted 18 May 2018 - 01:36 AM

Nothing happens really. I've reported really ill mannered activities with proof, and still see the culprit everyday since the report

#3 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree

Posted 18 May 2018 - 02:17 AM

me too. i recently reported RMT transaction with proof in-game pub (the item is already sold btw) but i still see the player even though the team already replied to me. it's been days since their last reply. i just logged in this very moment and there he was. 

#4 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 03:39 AM

As far as I can tell, RMT investigations require more time than others.

In my own opinion, I'd report an ill-mannered activity with sufficient info and let the staff do their thing, going into witch hunting afterwards is the least favored thing to do in this game. It can be frustrating thinking that your report is not heard assuming that you are 100% certain this user is engaged into RMT, it is not in the contrary, it helps build up a history for a single user on their end.

Always remember that, they have access to data and logs we don't.

#5 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree

Posted 18 May 2018 - 03:58 AM

But what's the reason behind not telling us what happened to the player in question? maybe a simple "Greetings, your report has been heard and the said person was banned blahblahblah" would make me feel like my time reporting isn't wasted

Edited by BlackMeow, 18 May 2018 - 03:59 AM.

#6 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 04:18 AM

For really obvious reasons, security and privacy.

Let's put it this way, if a user knows the account status of another, or the other learns who got them suspended, this piece of information can be used for malicious purposes, as simple as calling out the user with names or causing grief to them in-game. And it happened before so, better be safe.

Saying that, please don't feel so, even though it cannot be helped. This has been an ongoing procedure and I highly doubt it will be relaxed.

#7 carbinemortiser

carbinemortiser

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • LocationAvalon
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 18 May 2018 - 04:22 AM

images.png

#8 AllenR

AllenR

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 May 2018 - 05:34 AM

doesn't seem to feel right? right? right?.. I feel ya

#9 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree

Posted 18 May 2018 - 05:19 PM

Let's put it this way, if a user knows the account status of another, or the other learns who got them suspended, this piece of information can be used for malicious purposes, as simple as calling out the user with names or causing grief to them in-game. And it happened before so, better be safe.

Saying that, please don't feel so, even though it cannot be helped. This has been an ongoing procedure and I highly doubt it will be relaxed.

sorry the obvious isn't so obvious to me.

let's say: 

player A - reporter

player B - reported

Player A will only be the one who will be notified thru email what happened to the account of Player B. so player B won't know who reported them. who in the right mind will tell the reported player "I reported your account"? if that happens, player A will get endless trashtalks by player B and his/her friends/guildmates. 

#10 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 18 May 2018 - 08:02 PM

Coz player A can spread that info.

#11 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree

Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:19 PM

Coz player A can spread that info.

who in the right mind will tell the reported player "I reported your account"? if that happens, player A will get endless trashtalks by player B and his/her friends/guildmates. 

#12 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:35 PM

I'm merely introducing a situation where player A talk to a certain friend (F). F then spreads it even more.

There is always that time where you could blabber things.

You would then tell F, "Don't say a word it was me who told you."

Edited by ChaoticRK, 19 May 2018 - 05:43 PM.

#13 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:in Night Club

Posted 19 May 2018 - 06:31 PM

Who cares about RMTers... They are the ones who'll get scammed btw... Besides, its ROs job to hunt them...

I don't even care about BOTS, KSers whatsoever.. They are not my responsibility... Hahaha

#14 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 May 2018 - 06:42 PM

Player A is often the opposite of this guy

#15 PIayboy

PIayboy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 769 posts
  • LocationRiding on a rainbow.

Posted 20 May 2018 - 12:35 AM

Player A is often the opposite of this guy

this one too :heh:

#16 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 20 May 2018 - 01:31 AM

...so in the end the ill manner or the offenders has the right to give security and privacy ? now i know that the player did that to me is there even i have a record of our conversation together with his evil activities on me and screen shot because you secured and still investigating,,, wow just wow if thats the case then its fire against fire since thats all you think ,kinda disappointed but you got a fine job in bugs and game issues , anyway for me im gonne adjust my gameplay reporting ill manner is waste of time because "it cant be help it"...

#17 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 01:52 AM

...so in the end the ill manner or the offenders has the right to give security and privacy ? now i know that the player did that to me is there even i have a record of our conversation together with his evil activities on me and screen shot because you secured and still investigating,,, wow just wow if thats the case then its fire against fire since thats all you think ,kinda disappointed but you got a fine job in bugs and game issues , anyway for me im gonne adjust my gameplay reporting ill manner is waste of time because "it cant be help it"...

That was not my intention from the response, kindly re-read my post carefully again >_<

The GM staff will not disclose the investigation detail to either party, as I said, the feeling of incomplete when reporting an issue and not knowing the outcome it "can't be helped"; it doesn't mean users should stop there and not report illegal activities. Just like how there are rules and regulations for in-game play/forums there are also rules the GM staff must follow.

In addition to that, if you feel your ticket handling is hitting a wall  then please contact Xealot with the following:

Ticket Number:
What was wrong with the ticket:
What would your ideal resolution be:

#18 evenlight

evenlight

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 20 May 2018 - 02:04 AM

Who cares about the RMT. 

Reported KSer with proofs, still seeing them KS around in the following days. Reported bug user with proofs, still seeing them use bug around in the following days. 

We tried to trust the support team, that's why we send ticket instead of spamming everything on the forum. It's just the support team doesn't looks trustable.

Edited by evenlight, 20 May 2018 - 02:15 AM.

#19 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 02:08 AM

evenlight, while the issue is somewhat unrelated to the OP concern, PM me that payment ticket please :)

#20 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 02:38 AM

That was not my intention from the response, kindly re-read my post carefully again >_<

The GM staff will not disclose the investigation detail to either party, as I said, the feeling of incomplete when reporting an issue and not knowing the outcome it "can't be helped"; it doesn't mean users should stop there and not report illegal activities. Just like how there are rules and regulations for in-game play/forums there are also rules the GM staff must follow.

In addition to that, if you feel your ticket handling is hitting a wall then please contact Xealot with the following:

Ticket Number:
What was wrong with the ticket:
What would your ideal resolution be:

no need for angry emote i reread carefully and nothing there is resolve i played iro almost three years and nothing happens and nothing but "we still investigating mumbo-jumbo" , like i said i am will adjust on this game ....

p.s: i have 9+ tickets on renewal and restart and their reply is the same sad life :/

Edited by ad0l, 20 May 2018 - 02:40 AM.

#21 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 02:46 AM

Who cares about the RMT.

Reported KSer with proofs, still seeing them KS around in the following days. Reported bug user with proofs, still seeing them use bug around in the following days.

We tried to trust the support team, that's why we send ticket instead of spamming everything on the forum. It's just the support team doesn't looks trustable.

that's why i quit filing a ticket dude , their response took a week for a person whose trolling around...

#22 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree

Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:15 AM

evil doers should't have rights.... 

#23 icchigosan

icchigosan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:22 AM

it's gravity's way of saying,you report has been noted,which will be thrown in the thrash bin,we have better things to do like introducing more costumes and booze off

#24 JadeMountain

JadeMountain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 01:54 AM

For those rebell draging chars to non stop KS, i find it real useful using my endless SP rebell to KS in front of his team.  or agi down them all.   or when entrance only has his leech.... you know..

pretty much, they leave me alone.   report.... i try... not helping....

implement WOW ks backfire system... simple...  it will reduce alot of GM effort and in game drama

Edited by JadeMountain, 21 May 2018 - 01:58 AM.

#25 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 21 May 2018 - 02:17 AM

Who cares RMT nowadays? Lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users