FCT, Valk Drop and Sacrament - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

FCT, Valk Drop and Sacrament

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 HasumiJaredLan

HasumiJaredLan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • LocationSE Asia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 May 2018 - 06:57 AM

i read from irowiki that " Effects which reduce FCT by a percentage do not stack; effects which reduce FCT by a set amount do stack, and are applied before percentage modifiers. For most skills, FCT is 20% of the total Cast Time, with the remainder being VCT."

will Valk Drop and Sacrament work? i think not. it is either i use sacrament or valk drop for my gene's acid bomb, right? though i find valk drop useful when i dont have a an AB partymate.

i tried testing it and i think the vct reductions really do not stack. i just want to confirm from other players.

thank you everyone!

#2 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 20 May 2018 - 07:14 AM

You're correct. Sacra and Valk do not stack.

#3 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Twitter:@akupuff
  • LocationMexico

Posted 20 May 2018 - 08:29 AM

It does stack with non percent reductions, though. For example, using Temp DEX with 120 DEX will reduce 0.5 seconds of FCT, reducing Acid Bomb to 0.5 sec cast time. If you equip the valk drop, it will reduce Acid Bomb cast time to 0.25 seconds. Don't know if this was common knowledge or not, but there's that :v Faster bombs, albeit a bit weaker because Valk Drop does nothing for damage.

#4 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 21 May 2018 - 04:21 AM

faster dps if you have After cast delay redux tho 

#5 HasumiJaredLan

HasumiJaredLan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • LocationSE Asia

Posted 21 May 2018 - 06:14 AM

thank you everyone! that cleared the topic for me. i only know a little about fct formula so i was not confident. also i was thinking that the effect from skills and gears are different and can stack... so i inquired ehehe.

BlackMeow, i agree with the dps thing. maybe, for me, it is still a better option to use one Valkyrie drop and one sapphire wrist than 2x sapphire wrist for acid bomb. and change to 2x S.Wrist for my CC. i dont have other accessories so i can only choose between those tandems,

Akupuff, right now i dont have 120 dex so i havent tried that. i already have dex boots so i will eventually be able to reduce 0.5sec on my AB cast. i have to say... 0.25s cast for acid bomb is exciting... i have to wait a little more though

again, thank you everyone!

#6 HasumiJaredLan

HasumiJaredLan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • LocationSE Asia

Posted 21 May 2018 - 06:18 AM

oh wait... hmmm hmmm hmmmm

acid bomb has 1s fct, right?

valk drop=50% fct reduc

temp dex= 0.5s fct reduc

if the final AB cast time=0.25sec, does it mean temp dex boot's effect will be implemented first and will leave me 0.5s fct that valk drop will take effect on? not the other way around? it would be nice if FCT-[FCT(ValkDrop)]-TempDex ehehe

#7 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 21 May 2018 - 06:42 AM

flat FCT reduction implements first, always.

#8 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Twitter:@akupuff
  • LocationMexico

Posted 21 May 2018 - 07:02 AM

faster dps if you have After cast delay redux tho 

True. Even with just New Wave Glasses it feels waaaay faster. Killing Ifrit is much more efficient :v

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users