People under Common Wealth and anyone who isn't from Europe or any of the countries listed etc - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

People under Common Wealth and anyone who isn't from Europe or any of the countries listed etc

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#1 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 May 2018 - 12:05 PM

2zvMo78.png

If you see this page it doesn't mean you are blocked. It means you gotta disable adblockers for Warp Portal. The biggest offender is uBlock Origin. Just saying this because apparently some GM told someone from New Zealand that they are blocked as a result of the EU ban.

#2 Leonchascon

Leonchascon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:45 PM

Just saying this because apparently some GM told someone from New Zealand that they are blocked as a result of the EU ban.

WP and bad community management name a more iconic duo 

#3 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9325 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 20 May 2018 - 06:53 PM

WP and lack of knowledge

BOOM *mic drop*

#4 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 May 2018 - 08:10 PM

Anything related to the Queen will be banned.

#5 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 10:11 PM

If you've ever enjoyed any European beer or food, your account has been flagged and your loyalty to the European scum has been noted.

#6 MrLekkz

MrLekkz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:08 AM

Lies! I just got this map from Warpportal office and it clearly shows that New Zealand is a european country!

Spoiler

#7 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:chaos>ymir>chaos

Posted 21 May 2018 - 01:11 AM

I wouldn’t at all be surprised if they accidentally ban the whole world on the 25th

#8 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4117 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 02:36 AM

1280px-The_British_Empire.png

Countries in red beware

#9 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 21 May 2018 - 02:51 AM

Countries in red beware

Someone in Canada already received a refund too. :p_err:

#10 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 03:06 AM

GM = guild master?

#11 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 03:17 AM

GM = guild master?

Game Master

#12 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 21 May 2018 - 04:23 AM

iRO + bugs

#13 Newbi001

Newbi001

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 05:12 AM

=.=why Malaysia in red color, but Indonesia not? And why red color?

#14 Talee

Talee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 05:25 AM

Red color means it became under British control/colonies before...

Indonesia is under Dutch, not British...

Red means purge...

correct me if I'm wrong :ok:

#15 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 07:11 AM

> "Rhodesia"

Oh my

#16 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9325 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 21 May 2018 - 07:21 AM

Any residents of Pangaea are getting banned?

Spoiler

#17 VModMango

VModMango

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 494 posts
  • LocationBoopsville

Posted 21 May 2018 - 07:58 AM

Please stop spreading misinformation that is confusing the community. All you're doing at this point is speculating. The false information is getting out of hand and you're scaring people. That is not necessary, absolutely not necessary.

Anecdotal information about one or two people who have been banned from the wrong area is not proof of anything. There are many reasons these people may be getting refunds. RO has a long history of account sharing, and it's possible that someone may have inherited a friend's account from the EU. We simply don't know anything about how this ban is working, if it's based on our own account origins or warpportal account origins nobody knows except for the staff.

Well I understand that some of these comments are meant as light trolling and venting anger, it's not appropriate to post here and upset players from the regions that you are targeting.

This is a very sensitive time for the community and making the matter worse than it has to be is counterproductive.

Also, this is not directed at the OP. This original post is informative and helpful, this is to the derailments.

Edited by VModMango, 21 May 2018 - 08:00 AM.
red mod voicing part

#18 Leonchascon

Leonchascon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:12 AM

We simply don't know anything about how this ban is working, if it's based on our own account origins or warpportal account origins nobody knows except for the staff.

This is a very sensitive time for the community.

So where is the Staff then? Where are the CMs?

Its been over a month and people waited for all the answers patiently just to get a copy paste over and over.

#19 VModMango

VModMango

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 494 posts
  • LocationBoopsville

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:18 AM

The staff can NOT answer these questions, and there in lies the problem. The answers have to be sent to Korea, answered by Korean, and then returned to Warpportal Staff for posting. What we got for answers last time is all Korea is willing to say. And yes, it's a kick in the arse that they aren't telling us anything and I am just as upset as everyone else about it. But causing fear, confusion, and chaos is not helping anyone get through this mess.

#20 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:24 AM

WP can't afford to hire people that knows Geography. Or at least, how to use Google. xD This is funny to watch.

#21 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:30 AM

But causing fear, confusion, and chaos is not helping anyone get through this mess.

But they (read: Korean Gravity) are the ones causing the fear and confusion. Aren't the community entitled to a little uproar after how poorly this was executed upon by the Korean mother company. Not saying confusion or anger helps anyone, but venting is normal.

3 days until a large part of the community gets banned (including some countries not really part of Europe, or people who haven't lived there in years, or people who inherited their account over a decade ago). No way for people to tell if they are or aren't 100% affected.
This is the main issue. The 25th people will wake up, try to log on, and some will find a nasty surprise.

Guess all there is to do for people is wait and see, as joking about the topic seemingly causes confusion.

#22 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:44 AM

The staff can NOT answer these questions, and there in lies the problem. The answers have to be sent to Korea, answered by Korean, and then returned to Warpportal Staff for posting. What we got for answers last time is all Korea is willing to say. And yes, it's a kick in the arse that they aren't telling us anything and I am just as upset as everyone else about it. But causing fear, confusion, and chaos is not helping anyone get through this mess.

If WP don't know if they're banning by WP account or by RO account then how can they perform said bans?

#23 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:50 AM

Please stop spreading misinformation that is confusing the community. All you're doing at this point is speculating. The false information is getting out of hand and you're scaring people. That is not necessary, absolutely not necessary.

Anecdotal information about one or two people who have been banned from the wrong area is not proof of anything. There are many reasons these people may be getting refunds. RO has a long history of account sharing, and it's possible that someone may have inherited a friend's account from the EU. We simply don't know anything about how this ban is working, if it's based on our own account origins or warpportal account origins nobody knows except for the staff.

Well I understand that some of these comments are meant as light trolling and venting anger, it's not appropriate to post here and upset players from the regions that you are targeting.

This is a very sensitive time for the community and making the matter worse than it has to be is counterproductive.

Also, this is not directed at the OP. This original post is informative and helpful, this is to the derailments.

Common! you know all to well about the short comings of Warpportal / Gravity US/HQ.. one would think only one or two people who are going to be banned on the 25th "by accident",  but knowing how [they] work, the number of accidental bans will be far greater than these "one or two people".  But thats just in my opinion. "we" all will see what the facts will be coming the 25th! (only a 3 day wait!).

With that said, these posts here are made in jest because [they] do fork thinks up (and no, im not bybassing the word filter, i use fork up always, so no need to edit it out), and it is so like [them] to pick the wrong countries or have accounts wrongly flagged "European". 

I think even Campitor and Astra can appreciate the humour in this insane situation.

#24 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:52 AM

Anecdotal information about one or two people who have been banned from the wrong area is not proof of anything. There are many reasons these people may be getting refunds. RO has a long history of account sharing, and it's possible that someone may have inherited a friend's account from the EU.

Well the person from Canada said they had just registered from Canada last year, but you're right that it could be for some other reason or a minority case of being incorrectly flagged. WarpPortal should also investigate why some EU citizens who registered their account from the EU can still acess the purchasing page and buy WP points even though such access is meant to be terminated.

Again it would be nice if WarpPortal staff said why they haven't sent emails out to affected accounts. Some of us are giving them the benefit of the doubt in that maybe it's just another shortsighted decision by Korean HQ to not send emails or do in-game announcements, but would be nice for confirmation. I think it would clear up some confusion as to which accounts will be blocked and which won't if individual notices were issued.

#25 VModMango

VModMango

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 494 posts
  • LocationBoopsville

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:53 AM

If WP don't know if they're banning by WP account or by RO account then how can they perform said bans?

I am not a staff member so I can not speak to 100% of what each staff member does and does not know. But as a player, I know only as much as the general community. I have witnessed the same comments as others about how staff are always waiting for comments from Korea. IMO that is enough to speculate that everything they say is being regulated from HQ and therefor their hands are tied. Even if they want to tell us things about this, they can not. 

Korea chose to be lame and not tell us what conditions are causing the bans, and so that is all WP staff are allowed to repeat. This includes CMs, GMs, Producers/Developers, any person in the WP staff who posts openly on the forums. That FAQ was painful to read, but that is all they are willing to give us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users