Community Headgear Project - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Community Headgear Project

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
102 replies to this topic

#1 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:58 PM

If it's in green, it's scripted in Sakray.

https://docs.google....YO9o/edit#gid=0

We tested these hats a little, they are all working amazingly well. Super stoked with the RG hat, it really makes Genesis Ray -_- amazingly fun to play.

Gonna try see if we can get Camp to script the SL and SN hats tomorrow.

#2 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:03 PM

These headgears in server when?

How to play in Sakray :/

#3 RioCyrus97

RioCyrus97

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 509 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Don't Bother

Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:05 PM

Gasp* :p_love: :p_love: :p_love: :p_love:

#4 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:05 PM

These headgears in server when?

How to play in Sakray :/

Up to camp to decide on when to update the scripts live, there will be a quest to obtain them but again something he needs to discuss.

Make sure your regular RO client is good and updated, then with no other clients open you will find sakray in your Gravity folder.

P.S.

Please make videos of the sakray testing if possible. Showcase what they can do!

Edited by Nirvanna21, 22 May 2018 - 05:06 PM.

#5 FatalLuan

FatalLuan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:08 PM

I think the IB needs more love, just saying  :sob:

#6 Bankung

Bankung

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:18 PM

the amazing things that coming in during anniversary time haha :no1:

anyway thank you for the info

#7 Onoyoso

Onoyoso

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:47 PM

why does the RG headgear get to have the effect of buffing using "TUNA BELLY LVL 2" while the other headgears dont? Seems a little unfair if you're asking...

Edited by Onoyoso, 22 May 2018 - 05:47 PM.

#8 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:52 PM

why does the RG headgear get to have the effect of buffing using "TUNA BELLY LVL 2" while the other headgears dont? Seems a little unfair if you're asking...

Because RG headgear doesnt offer

1. Leech effect

2. Need Holy Cross skill to buff RoG damage unlike other headgears where you just simply need to +9 it.

3. Doesnt give flat ASPD

4. Doesnt give Def Bypass

5. Doesnt reduce cast time 

6. RG is the justice figure :v

#9 RioCyrus97

RioCyrus97

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 509 posts
  • Server:Don't Bother

Posted 22 May 2018 - 06:15 PM

Because RG headgear doesnt offer

1. Leech effect

2. Need Holy Cross skill to buff RoG damage unlike other headgears where you just simply need to +9 it.

3. Doesnt give flat ASPD

4. Doesnt give Def Bypass

5. Doesnt reduce cast time 

6. RG is the justice figure :v

Also to add, RG always lose their HP whenever they casting RoG and inspiration :hmm:

IDK why RO make such mechanic

I would rather not having it on mecha hat as it will spoil the axe boom spammability.

Also, i think the 40% boost to axe boom is not working :wah: My damage does not went up. It still around 110K average with or without the hat. The spammability works wonder.

Edited by RioCyrus97, 22 May 2018 - 06:17 PM.

#10 Onoyoso

Onoyoso

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 06:17 PM

As far as I can read, none of the community headgear have that "leech effect" you're mentioning of. Skill requirement for certain skill is not new. The flat ASPD, Def Bypass, cast time... we are not comparing community headgear to OCP items. Looking at the community headgear on a par level, they all have certain buff to certain skill but none will give you that free heal AKA "Tuna Belly lvl 2" which is a flat 30% of maxhp regened everytime you cast Genesis Ray,,which sounds to me like a leeching effect in a way.I know RG class isnt popular among others classes but still. the Tuna belly effect seems really unfair.

#11 Gamblerwolf

Gamblerwolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 06:26 PM

What do you guys think about the Autumn Hat giving away the 5% long range damage for the Sp leach? Also benefits come at +0 and +9?

Edit: a word

Edited by Gamblerwolf, 22 May 2018 - 06:29 PM.

#12 roromi

roromi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 06:34 PM

As far as I can read, none of the community headgear have that "leech effect" you're mentioning of. Skill requirement for certain skill is not new. The flat ASPD, Def Bypass, cast time... we are not comparing community headgear to OCP items. Looking at the community headgear on a par level, they all have certain buff to certain skill but none will give you that free heal AKA "Tuna Belly lvl 2" which is a flat 30% of maxhp regened everytime you cast Genesis Ray,,which sounds to me like a leeching effect in a way.I know RG class isnt popular among others classes but still. the Tuna belly effect seems really unfair.

RoG takes away HP when used, it is to compensate that loss and make the skill wanted/viable

#13 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 06:35 PM

So are you saying that, it is okay to give other headgears free ASPD, ATK%, Def bypass, Cast reduction or etc while RG headgear doesnt have any of these and in order to max. RoG damage, they need to max Holy cross? Not sure if you also realize that to cost HP to cast RoG and that's exactly why Tuna belly is there. Now you might ask why then are they beffing RoG? Well because RG lacks reliable AoE most likely (and this is probably the main reasons why RG is not popular at all). I'm not sure either because I didnt join a discussion on Discord. I dont use Discord.

If you think it is unfair and thinks it should be removed, that's fine by me too. I'm just curious of why would any RG use this headgear just to burn pots. 

Edited by ChakriGuard, 22 May 2018 - 07:18 PM.

#14 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 07:00 PM

Up to camp to decide on when to update the scripts live, there will be a quest to obtain them but again something he needs to discuss.

Make sure your regular RO client is good and updated, then with no other clients open you will find sakray in your Gravity folder.

P.S.

Please make videos of the sakray testing if possible. Showcase what they can do!

I logged in Sakray now. The characters that I have are probably a year ago lol

#15 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 May 2018 - 07:25 PM

Ash made this.

I made this using one of his setup characters :U to test out Oni Horns!

Edited by Nirvanna21, 22 May 2018 - 07:54 PM.

#16 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:15 PM

Good job! Those turns out to be pretty neat!
Love the vid!

#17 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:17 PM

Good job! Those turns out to be pretty neat!
Love the vid!

Like the vid? Got two more! Though not as exciting to watch, showcase them :U

Spellfist

and Sky Blow or w/e else you could use the effects for :U

#18 pp322

pp322

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 549 posts
  • Server:quit

Posted 22 May 2018 - 09:27 PM

hmmmmmmmmm 

Very Normal Hat

Reduces the cast delay of skills by 15%. ????

#19 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 May 2018 - 09:35 PM

hmmmmmmmmm 

Very Normal Hat

Reduces the cast delay of skills by 15%. ????

Part of changing the original versions meant sticking to what it did unless it was fundamentally flawed, for example trying to proc Fallen Empire from Dragon Combo as an autocast.

Sadly, the original chaser hat was Matk %, so it was gonna have to stick with general stats. I asked a few people and this is what we came up with, a very generic skill copy hat. The delay reduction was just a basic half Kiel effect since a few skills from Magic and Physical would benefit from it.

There are huge benefits later down the line for doing this part the way we did.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 22 May 2018 - 09:47 PM.

#20 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 09:58 PM

iRO Sakray Royal Guard - Test Community Head Gear | Divine Guard Hat vs MvPs

My thoughts

1. This headgear allows user to use RoG every second due to Tuna Belly's after cast delay. If you get after cast delay gears, you can spam is faster.
2. This headgear is very situational and only does 70% damage against Undead/Shadow monsters and does quite 35% on other elemental monsters.; Bad 0 - 100 Good.
3. This headgear is very limited in uses.
4. Forgot to check whether RoG proc'ed if HC misses on target. I think even if HC misses, RoG still proc's.
5. Definitely not noob-friendly headgear. It'll take a while to get Inspiration. Banding is possible but unless two people are friends and plan to level together, finding another Banding RG is like finding a perfect wife or a perfect husband.
6. Definitely opens an alternative fun build to show off the epic effects.

Verdict: Good headgear. Probably can leave it alone now. Dont mind if you want to change "Increases the damage of Genesis Ray by 15% per 2 levels of Holy Cross known." thought ~

#21 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:10 PM

iRO Sakray Royal Guard - Test Community Head Gear | Divine Guard Hat vs MvPs

My thoughts

1. This headgear allows user to use RoG every second due to Tuna Belly's after cast delay. If you get after cast delay gears, you can spam is faster.
2. This headgear is very situational and only does 70% damage against Undead/Shadow monsters and does quite 35% on other elemental monsters.; Bad 0 - 100 Good.
3. This headgear is very limited in uses.
4. Forgot to check whether RoG proc'ed if HC misses on target. I think even if HC misses, RoG still proc's.
5. Definitely not noob-friendly headgear. It'll take a while to get Inspiration. Banding is possible but unless two people are friends and plan to level together, finding another Banding RG is like finding a perfect wife or a perfect husband.
6. Definitely opens an alternative fun build to show off the epic effects.

Verdict: Good headgear. Probably can leave it alone now. Dont mind if you want to change "Increases the damage of Genesis Ray by 15% per 2 levels of Holy Cross known." thought ~

1. Yep, it's a neato bonus

2. It is sadly.

3, 5, 6. Yeah, we were limited to having to use this skill. It was never going to be newb friendly, but at the very least it opens up a cool build.

4. I don't think it does, but haven't tested that.

Ultimately, it still made it a better hat. The reason I didn't wanna go overboard with the damage boost to the skill is due to the reflect damage it gives. Tuna Belly barely covers it and a super strong one on the wrong target would be devastating.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 22 May 2018 - 10:10 PM.

#22 JadeMountain

JadeMountain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:10 PM

woohoo i will be 50B richer after this event...

#23 pp322

pp322

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 12:10 AM

Part of changing the original versions meant sticking to what it did unless it was fundamentally flawed, for example trying to proc Fallen Empire from Dragon Combo as an autocast.

Sadly, the original chaser hat was Matk %, so it was gonna have to stick with general stats. I asked a few people and this is what we came up with, a very generic skill copy hat. The delay reduction was just a basic half Kiel effect since a few skills from Magic and Physical would benefit from it.

There are huge benefits later down the line for doing this part the way we did.

RIP Heart Wing Hairband?  :heh:

#24 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 23 May 2018 - 12:19 AM

RIP Heart Wing Hairband?  :heh:

Its locked to SC only. Other class can't use it.

The tuna belly to enable spamming for RG and Pulse Strike to compensate Weapon Block is a really neat trick. Kudos!

#25 pp322

pp322

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 01:05 AM

Its locked to SC only. Other class can't use it.

The tuna belly to enable spamming for RG and Pulse Strike to compensate Weapon Block is a really neat trick. Kudos!

thanks for make me clear  :p_laugh:  :p_laugh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users