#1 Leviathan48

Leviathan48

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:21 PM

it's now 4 hours and i can't finish this quest because i'm always sent back, wtf, make it a little easier this is not the kind of game to have a timer

#2 Caturae

Caturae

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 251 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:22 PM

It also shouldn't require going to a balls hard map 40+ levels above you with monsters who OHKO you as you pass by and you can't set up a Warp Portal there.

#3 Leviathan48

Leviathan48

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:28 PM

It also shouldn't require going to a balls hard map 40+ levels above you with monsters who OHKO you as you pass by and you can't set up a Warp Portal there.

dude and even if you teleport and talk to her there is a chance you can get killed too

@edit

I did it somehow, and i hope i never have to do this again, the last i got so frustrated over a videogame was when i was just a 5 years old playing the NES version Battletoads

QPsWDUL.jpg

Edited by Leviathan48, 23 May 2018 - 09:31 PM.

#4 Talee

Talee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:50 PM

You ain't see nothing yet :p_hi:

#5 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts
  • LocationPadepokan Pencak Silat
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:59 PM

Battletoads is so much more EPIC than a mere AB Jobchange quest :v

[Snip]

Edited by VModCinnamon, 24 May 2018 - 03:56 AM.
Mod Edit: Image removed, contains word filter bypass.

#6 Leviathan48

Leviathan48

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:02 PM

You ain't see nothing yet :p_hi:

To be honest, what bothers me is how hard job changing quests like these are, ok, they can't be hard like this, this one was really a frustrating experience and if you're failing constantly and there is nothing to do about it eventually many people give up. In my case, i'm too stubborn to give up that i eventually got it right... after 4 hours, but having completed it i really think they should make it a little easier or just add a npc for vips to change it their jobs, i hope i never have to do this quest again.

@Edit

Battletoads is so much more EPIC than a mere AB Jobchange quest :v

The funny part is that i can get past turbo tunnel easily now, Karnath's Lair is what makes me die over and over again

Spoiler Karnath Lair

Edited by Leviathan48, 23 May 2018 - 10:08 PM.

#7 Talee

Talee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:39 PM

To be honest, what bothers me is how hard job changing quests like these are, ok, they can't be hard like this, this one was really a frustrating experience and if you're failing constantly and there is nothing to do about it eventually many people give up. In my case, i'm too stubborn to give up that i eventually got it right... after 4 hours, but having completed it i really think they should make it a little easier or just add a npc for vips to change it their jobs, i hope i never have to do this quest again.

Nah, just keep it as it is, and it's one of the few remaining things that has challenge (somewhat)

And you'll do it again someday eventually, 'cuz AB. One AB isn't enough :pif: :pif: 

#8 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 24 May 2018 - 02:29 AM

My Priest is currently lvl 98 and I want to change it to AB directly (w/out getting trans). Any tips? :heh:

#9 uuuuz

uuuuz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:41 AM

Kyrie is the answer fly and run, then click fast and enter to pass the dialogue.
The quest is easy, the thing is dont use the mercenary scroll, just run to the point (kyrie realy helps), then kill the valky using holy light (kyrie + safety if is necesary) , if you are ME priest is realy easy.

Pd: sry for my english...

Edited by uuuuz, 24 May 2018 - 03:43 AM.

#10 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:17 AM

Kyrie is the answer fly and run, then click fast and enter to pass the dialogue.
The quest is easy, the thing is dont use the mercenary scroll, just run to the point (kyrie realy helps), then kill the valky using holy light (kyrie + safety if is necesary) , if you are ME priest is realy easy.

Pd: sry for my english...

Thanks, my Priest has ME but no KE so I guess I should reset to prepare for the AB test. This is my planned skill build.

#11 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:30 AM

KE is not a requirement but it helps a lot, or you could use speed potions if you want to be ahead of time.

It has been a while, but as mentioned by uuuuz, you do not need to consume the mercenary item. 

The quest may require some tweaks to prevent bugs, but it is fine as is that if you want to compare it to other third class job change quests.

#12 uuuuz

uuuuz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:39 AM

50 points is not enough for ME jaja, i use resurrection in 1, you can do it and put more sanctuary or max imposito for the valky drop, if you plan to use it,and i prefer more divine protec and angelus in 2

#13 Leviathan48

Leviathan48

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:01 PM

My Priest is currently lvl 98 and I want to change it to AB directly (w/out getting trans). Any tips? :heh:

I think it's better do get trans first for more points and about the quest, when you need to kill the valkyrie, remember you can just type /ns and cast HEAL on her, it's faster and deals more damage than holy light

#14 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 24 May 2018 - 06:42 PM

Ok I did it thanks guys. The walking part was very frustrating and yeah summoning the Valk Mercenary was a big mistake. Up votes for everyone!! Now I can copy DupeLight :heh:

#15 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:30 PM

Go to Izlude skill reset and learn Magnus. It's worth to do 0 weight and double reset even for this quest only... You can reset without fee and penalty as long you're below level 100

Edited by Exvee, 24 May 2018 - 09:30 PM.

#16 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 27 May 2018 - 06:35 PM

You can healbomb the valk............just saying.

#17 Haroichi

Haroichi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 04:02 PM

I think sc quest is much more frustrating (back in pro where teleport is disabled)

Atleast you can type whatever hilarious sin you wanna confess on a huge ass tree during the quest lol

#18 hammie

hammie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 08:16 AM

Not to sound rude but the AB job change was probably the easiest job change I have ever done. I don't have the best gears. I just used KE and hauled ass and heal bombed the valk. I also brought slims/jellies and went overweight. Only part I ran into trouble was trying to reach the first valk npc, used gene to clesr a path. Compared to the GX job change this was a piece of cake. Maybe I just got lucky?

#19 SuperSneeze

SuperSneeze

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • Server:renewal-chaos

Posted 31 July 2018 - 07:59 AM

I do remember it was easy for me as a newbie AB too, just kept KE myself and valk, heal and buff both and then its done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users