Why has everything become so expensive? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Why has everything become so expensive?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
91 replies to this topic

#1 ReturningUser

ReturningUser

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 10:34 AM

+9 FAW used to be 550-750m

+9 HBP was 350m

+15 Crimson Weapons were under a billion

MVP cards, even the low tier ones have gone up 3-5 times its original price

WPE/KP price is astronomical

Even basic / staple gears now cost billions.

Wasn't there a zeny sink? Do players really have billions of zeny to spend on such absurdly expensive items / gears? Or is it just some players who are hoarding all the zeny and distributing it in the economy via illegal means? There has to be some answer for all of this.

#2 PoringJuice9

PoringJuice9

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 10:47 AM

Most gear is worthless now. Nothing but the absolute best stuff has any worth, and therefore sellers charge as much as they can for it. Moreover, people who are invested in this game don't care about spending the zeny because zeny is basically worthless nowadays. I mean -_-, you've got bots all over izlude/pront PM'ing you with offers of 100m zeny for a single dollar, not to mention how easy it is to set up a few bots farming a million zeny a minute.

Basically, the upper 10% of players have ludicrous amounts of money and powerful items because they bot and engage in RMT, meanwhile legit players get left in the dust unless they are willing to send WP hundreds of dollars and spend 8 hours a day grinding. The economy will only get worse from this point on.

Yet another reason that renewal is steaming trash.

Edited by PoringJuice9, 08 June 2018 - 10:48 AM.

#3 sexygamer1311

sexygamer1311

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 June 2018 - 10:47 AM

When was the zeny sink?
Game is impractical for any returning player/newbie.
Most newbies lose interest as soon as they reach mid turn in quests.

#4 ReturningUser

ReturningUser

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 10:51 AM

This is so disappointing. I really wish to play the game, but I'm not sure how :/

#5 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1236 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:10 AM

the upper 10% of players have ludicrous amounts of money and powerful items because they bot and engage in RMT

[HulkSmash] Just so you know some people are extremely good at investing in this game. Some people I know have quadruple or quintupled their zennies by investing in certain items and then re-selling it at the right time. 

Takoyaki cost only 10K ea before they changed it to Poring Pretzel. Look at how much it cost now.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 08 June 2018 - 12:41 PM.
Mod Edit: Removed inflammatory content.

#6 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:10 AM

Hey, now you can sell your old stuff for 2-3x its original zeny price! Wahoo!

#7 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:22 AM

Zeny hoarders quit the game and dumped zeny into circulation. Also fundamental item AKA WPE increased the price resulting all other prices increased. Nothing has actually become outrageously expensive relatively. The only thing that actually became so expensive is Seagod because now we can enchant lots of new items. Other items, as far as I am concerned, are just adjusted and priced to inflation.

#8 Valtios

Valtios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:25 AM

This is so disappointing. I really wish to play the game, but I'm not sure how :/

This price inflation is reflected in some of the farming materials as well. This can compensate the purchase of high end equipment.

Take a look at faceworm skins, only by killing the mini bosses you can make 54m at least, and it only takes like 10 minutes,doing it 1 time a day and you get 400m easily with 1 character in a week.

Apply this same analogy with other popular farming materials and you will see that is not that different before the inflation.

Edited by Valtios, 08 June 2018 - 11:25 AM.

#9 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:46 AM

pay to win if you wanna do dmg you see in videos its possible to play without paying find a friend/guild and do instance with them slowly get strong

#10 KobayashiV2

KobayashiV2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationWaiting for RO Zero

Posted 08 June 2018 - 12:06 PM

Why everything become expensive?

Trolls

Everything from game dont work anymore

OCPs (Mean P2W is the only way to "enjoy" the game)

RTM at a high level just take no more than 1 min to check market place facebook page to see 20+ post about RTM

there is no new content in game means nothing to do, so play with the market

things from game and cash shop become with bugs and errors, hell even descriptions wrong lol

SO, all this make players stop spend real money in the game (only stupid ones still doing because of "fun" about... i dont know, kill 1 MvP from 3 secs to 0.5 secs one kill shot maybe?) anyway my fun was doing ramdom builds outside the normal ones.

#11 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 12:45 PM

Please drop the inflammatory postings and insults, it won't help add to the ongoing argument other than getting mod attention.

Also accusatory postings made towards staff or players are not tolerated.

Posts of the same have been removed.

#12 gorgoroth1

gorgoroth1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Server:Chaos04Nov13Thor27Apr15

Posted 08 June 2018 - 01:05 PM

player<robot

#13 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 08 June 2018 - 01:05 PM

Several people on these forums were bumping up the price of WPE and the rest followed because it's more zeny for them. This in turn raised everything up.

#14 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 02:18 PM

I was so against of raising WPE price! Warned many people so!

However it’s too late. Sellers realized the true value of WPE and thus raised the price. It’s now at a true equilibrium price. WPE had been around 200m - 250m for so long while in fact the true value was always 500m+. There’s ton of zeny in circulation if you observe our economy. I can’t remember when was the last time we had a good raffle.

Now WPE probably cant push any higher because 550m - 600m seem to be the true value of WPE given current zeny in circulation. As a result inflation occurred but will adjust. You sell high, you buy high.

Those lucky WPE sellers who were quick enough to act were able to reap benefits by selling new WPE price (500m+ instead of 250m) and buying old cheap prices of other items. There was a WPE seller I know who was selling WPEs for 500m and bought lots of Seagods bulk at 3.8m each, Ygg items, and other necessities. Unfortunately, now Seagod is 9m. Now WPE sellers are getting the same baskets of Seagods lol

#15 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3525 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 02:30 PM

It’s because no body wants to spend $$$ in this game anymore that’s why inflation is high lmao.

#16 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 08 June 2018 - 02:32 PM

It’s because no body wants to spend $$$ in this game anymore that’s why inflation is high lmao.

No, it's because people here said they were gonna sell at X, they did and so others followed. People want the best bang for their buck. If they know they can get 750m per 1000, why offer 500m per 1000? It won't go higher than this though since it is now on par if not close with RMT value so.

#17 Valtios

Valtios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 02:41 PM

I was so against of raising WPE price! Warned many people so!

You were one of the first persons that start bumping wpe prices, hyping OCP item prices and advising people to do so.

Edited by Valtios, 08 June 2018 - 09:33 PM.

#18 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 03:01 PM

haha, ur funny mr chakri!

raising prices was bad enough. i dont exactly know why they price it like that but this WPE price you're saying thats resellable by 500m per b is in fact RMT (that's already stated but imma put it out there). the thing though is im curious if this is done for a scheme or for equality.

if it's for a scheme, that would make it so that the initator wanted all the rmt'd zeny to himself. people to sell wpe more

if it's for equality, the initiator wanted the price to be of the same sum so people can stop buying rmt'd zeny and sell instead

the thing is although, even if it's for both causes, the initiator did not put in too much consideration on what this brings about. which is what we're experiencing right now. a lot was dissatisfied and quit because wpe price is -_-, inflation is a bitch and nothing holds people back on rmting like mad because of illegal zeny being more appealing than wpe

#19 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 03:06 PM

Holding onto zeny is bad plan. Embrace the barter system.

#20 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 08 June 2018 - 03:07 PM

Take all the zeny in the game, and remove a digit and suddenly inflation is better :U

#21 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 03:08 PM

haha, ur funny mr chakri!

raising prices was bad enough. i dont exactly know why they price it like that but this WPE price you're saying thats resellable by 500m per b is in fact RMT (that's already stated but imma put it out there). the thing though is im curious if this is done for a scheme or for equality.

if it's for a scheme, that would make it so that the initator wanted all the rmt'd zeny to himself. people to sell wpe more

if it's for equality, the initiator wanted the price to be of the same sum so people can stop buying rmt'd zeny and sell instead

the thing is although, even if it's for both causes, the initiator did not put in too much consideration on what this brings about. which is what we're experiencing right now. a lot was dissatisfied and quit because wpe price is -_-, inflation is a bitch and nothing holds people back on rmting like mad because of illegal zeny being more appealing than wpe

No one is RMTing it at $20/b anymore, sadly. If you check it again, it is way below that rate.

I like current economy more than previous economy. Previous economy was boring and too peaceful. Current economy is more thrilling, fun, dramatic, and dynamic too :P

#22 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 08 June 2018 - 03:08 PM

No one is RMTing it at $20/b anymore, sadly. If you check it again, it is way below that rate.

I like current economy more than previous economy. Previous economy was boring and too peaceful. Current economy is more thrilling, fun, dramatic, and dynamic too :P

It's really -_- for newer players.

#23 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 08 June 2018 - 03:12 PM

iRO is never newbies friendly. No matter what aspect you look at. Its always Vets vs Newbies. Another good example can also be seen here, newbies GodLike0000 vs Vets of iRO  :heh:

It was plenty friendly to new players. Now it isn't in the least. You started this Chakri, at least own it.

#24 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 03:13 PM

You were one of first persons that start bumping wpe prices, hyping OCP item prices and advising people to do so.

I did? Oops :(

I dont think I hyped. I only suggested new spenders who know their rights. We all know that OCPs beat in-game items.

It's really -_- for newer players.

iRO is never newbies friendly. No matter what aspects you look at. Its always Vets vs Newbies. One good on-going example is here where GodLike000 vs Vets lol

#25 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 03:17 PM

It was plenty friendly to new players. Now it isn't in the least. You started this Chakri, at least own it.

Mhm ... I only sold WPEs the price I wanted, people bought it. Other WPE sellers followed. But I didnt start increasing other item prices. How about Seagods? Certs? Rare items? MvP cards? Pretty sure OP is complaining about in-game items where sellers could and can fix the prices rather than increased when opportunities arose. 

In fact I only started increasing WPE prices because I noticed MVP prices increased and I think its unfair. So now who started it? :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users