Why has everything become so expensive? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Why has everything become so expensive?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
91 replies to this topic

#26 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 June 2018 - 03:22 PM

Mhm ... I only sold WPEs the price I wanted, people bought it. Other WPE sellers followed. But I didnt start increasing other item prices. How about Seagods? Certs? Rare items? MvP cards? Pretty sure OP is complaining about in-game items where sellers could and can fix the prices rather than increased when opportunities arose. 

In fact I only started increasing WPE prices because I noticed MVP prices increased and I think its unfair. So now who started it? :P

You started it :I Everything else increased to catch up but not properly. WP needs to be held accountable for their part in this problem, but the greed is the first and foremost thing that comes to play when currency is involved. You sold your stuff and with each month verbally increased it. Everyone else follows because they too can now get that rate. It's almost paramount to price fixing.

When someone post in a thread about having 3b zeny to improve their build and all people can do is twiddle their thumbs, you know -_- is wrong. The biggest drawback from OCP isn't that they make in game gears obsolete, you can always play fine with them. The biggest sin from this movement is refinement cost. They have tripled AND are rising further still.

I know you wanted what you expected, but you did ultimately play your part in the toxicity of the market. I know you don't care, you frequently display this but at least own it.

#27 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 08 June 2018 - 03:26 PM

You started it :I Everything else increased to catch up but not properly. WP needs to be held accountable for their part in this problem, but the greed is the first and foremost thing that comes to play when currency is involved. You sold your stuff and with each month verbally increased it. Everyone else follows because they too can now get that rate. It's almost paramount to price fixing.

When someone post in a thread about having 3b zeny to improve their build and all people can do is twiddle their thumbs, you know -_- is wrong. The biggest drawback from OCP isn't that they make in game gears obsolete, you can always play fine with them. The biggest sin from this movement is refinement cost. They have tripled AND are rising further still.

I know you wanted what you expected, but you did ultimately play your part in the toxicity of the market. I know you don't care, you frequently display this but at least own it.

Ok I like you because you're a nice guy. You can win today  :pif:

#28 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 04:01 PM

I am unironically in favor of dividing all zeny held in game by 10. 

#29 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:in Night Club

Posted 08 June 2018 - 04:30 PM

Its all about OCP... On the other side there are items that is more cheaper today and you can grab them...

#30 Darkeshi

Darkeshi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 05:18 PM

Its all about OCP... On the other side there are items that is more cheaper today and you can grab them...

like variants, used to be around 200m or more, now even at 1m feels kinda expensive

#31 WaterBaron

WaterBaron

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 05:19 PM

It takes more than a seller to raise the price of wpe, it takes buyers too. I don't think anyone should be surprised that real money prices will continue to increase as the game becomes more and more p2w. Btw, if you still play this game you can stop complaining about wpe prices because you're an accomplice in an unethical business practice.

#32 Hogbae

Hogbae

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1247 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 05:57 PM

I did? Oops :(

I dont think I hyped. I only suggested new spenders who know their rights. We all know that OCPs beat in-game items.

iRO is never newbies friendly. No matter what aspects you look at. Its always Vets vs Newbies. One good on-going example is here where GodLike000 vs Vets lol

HAHAHAHAHA RIP. Imo, no one wants instance made items, other than Bio 5 ones pretty much. Every other gears comes from OCP. Which makes WPE more valuable. Plus, higher the demand, higher the price. :D

#33 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 06:22 PM

HAHAHAHAHA RIP. Imo, no one wants instance made items, other than Bio 5 ones pretty much. Every other gears comes from OCP. Which makes WPE more valuable. Plus, higher the demand, higher the price. :D

Humans are opportunists. If they see benefits to their welfare, they will reap it. Also WPE > In game times. Since everyone wants to use the top cut best gears, it’s not a surprise that top cut best gears are very expensive and that not everyone can afford. People are diving prices up as they try to outbid other players for the best available gears in the game. As someone already mentioned, there are other gears that are not the best slots but they are very good. Surprisingly, their prices are as cheap as jellopies but most people simply ignore these gears. Everything is done according to the justice :c

Edited by ChakriGuard, 08 June 2018 - 06:28 PM.

#34 kinkthecat

kinkthecat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:11 PM

chakri, always say too much bro, first you lie, then you defend yourself, then you come around as mr know it all. i think its time you leave ragnarok alone so us "noobies dont need to be VS vets" and also

did i mention you talk to much

#35 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3545 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:26 PM

Chakri manipulating the market vs the world lmao oh wait there’s no more eu so vs asians and some caucs.

#36 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:34 PM

Put raffle in with some nice things like Seagods or something harder to get that people still want.

Literally 0 use for zeny right now, everything is sold for 1b+ not even a point to vend. 

#37 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:43 PM

Take away the p2w -_-. Oh wait they'll never do that.

#38 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:53 PM

Actually, P2W is not that bad... It just happens that some P2W players took advantage of it... Hoping that they can catch up with the best players in the game who are undoubtedly F2P players... "SOME" P2W players even discourage buying and selling, looting, or any free method of earning zeny since they don't want any competition... That's the reality here... But they can't do anything about it.... F2P are just too good... No money wasted... Still have the best gears + they really know how to play the game... LOL

Cheers!

#39 3505170703074552307

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:23 PM

I have a suggestion, make all ocp can only be purchased with certain amount of token (of couse you will need kp to buy it). 

Make the token drop from all instance in game at reasonable rate (get more depends on the difficulty). So people need to grind to get those new item.

- That will give them more reason to play than just trolling with the market.

- less person afk in town

- more chance for card drop from those instance when more people do it

Edited by 3505170703074552307, 08 June 2018 - 08:38 PM.

#40 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:34 PM

Take away the p2w -_-. Oh wait they'll never do that.

yeah coz if they did, there will be no game to play with 

#41 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:52 PM

I have a suggestion, make all ocp can only be purchased with certain amount of token (of couse you will need kp to buy it). 

Make the token drop from all instance in game at reasonable rate (get more depends on the difficulty). So people need to grind to get those new item.

- That will give them more reason to play than just trolling with the market.

- less person afk in town

- more chance for card drop from those instance when more people do it

Seriously, it's a very good idea.. People will now play the game... But since you only have 10+ posts... It'll be underrated...  :sob:

But honestly, I'm with you with this... Kinda exciting.... This is one way to get the market prices drop...

Edited by Ecologist, 08 June 2018 - 08:55 PM.

#42 3505170703074552307

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 08 June 2018 - 09:18 PM

Seriously, it's a very good idea.. People will now play the game... But since you only have 10+ posts... It'll be underrated...  :sob:

But honestly, I'm with you with this... Kinda exciting.... This is one way to get the market prices drop...

yeah not really active in forum cos i have crappy name  :heh:

#43 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 09:23 PM

Buddy, obviously you're not a new player... Just use your main forum dude... And get the thread going... Don't be shy now.,.

#44 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 08 June 2018 - 09:58 PM

Humans are opportunists. If they see benefits to their welfare, they will reap it. Also WPE > In game times. Since everyone wants to use the top cut best gears, it’s not a surprise that top cut best gears are very expensive and that not everyone can afford. People are diving prices up as they try to outbid other players for the best available gears in the game. As someone already mentioned, there are other gears that are not the best slots but they are very good. Surprisingly, their prices are as cheap as jellopies but most people simply ignore these gears. Everything is done according to the justice :c

Such an evil thing coming from you but even I have to agree this is the true reality of this world.

I did my best to take prices back down on WPE, but people kept slandering me, and so i only now sell to a selected group of people.

#45 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts
  • LocationPadepokan Pencak Silat
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 08 June 2018 - 10:00 PM

Welcome back Ms. Marty :p_love:

#46 minmay

minmay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 10:44 PM

I would like to see so many "pro" nowadays play the old version of ragnarok , talking too much and they just payed for their gear .

Mvp now is a joke, no strategy at all ... remember old days when people used to be good ?

Edited by minmay, 08 June 2018 - 10:45 PM.

#47 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 08 June 2018 - 10:58 PM

WP removed the payeasy option which was the cheapest for players in thor. now WPE costs x2. promised myself i wont buy a single WPE from now on :heh: 

#48 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:13 PM

chakri, always say too much bro, first you lie, then you defend yourself, then you come around as mr know it all. i think its time you leave ragnarok alone so us "noobies dont need to be VS vets" and also

did i mention you talk to much

I'm sorry for causing you to struggle gathering the top gears. Did you manage to get Mob for less than 2.5b?   :heh:

Not sure do you mean by I lied or how I defended myself, but I didnt. Didnt I say WPE gonna increase? Well it did, too bad.

Such an evil thing coming from you but even I have to agree this is the true reality of this world.

I did my best to take prices back down on WPE, but people kept slandering me, and so i only now sell to a selected group of people.

Doesnt have to be WPE. Anything else can increase if sellers can see opportunities. The reason I started selling WPE more expensive was because I felt it could sell for more. Mhm ... more P2W coming will give WPE more power anyway.

Even if you successfully brought back down WPE price, other items would not become less expensive. The only method is to drain zeny out but then we know that does not really make WPE cheaper relatively :P

Welcome back ~ Are you here to sell me WPEs too?  :rice:  :heh:

#49 heickelrrx

heickelrrx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Server:Valkriye

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:20 PM

Can we sink the zeny :(

#50 ReturningUser

ReturningUser

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:20 PM

The purpose of this thread was to start a conversation about the current market situation. I'm not a new player, I'm a returning player, I have played this game long enough to know how it works, been a part of the economy and played with it, too.

Not really long ago, there used be a trend among seasonal players (players who take a break and return). The trend was that players used to sell-off their gears, mvps before going on a break and returning with zeny only. This was because zeny was more valuable, more fluid. But suppose, if I do this today, like, if I sell my +9 FAW for 2.5b now, take a break, return after 4-6 months and FAW is 5b zeny already. Not the way it is intended, right? Not a smart thing to do anymore. Now I'm not just referring to one particular item, or an MVP whose price goes up, but infact, the price of anything and everything goes up. The point is that zeny has lost it's value. Rn, it's better to hoard on the rares than pure zeny.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users