Why has everything become so expensive? - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Why has everything become so expensive?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
91 replies to this topic

#51 Mithrandir

Mithrandir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:23 PM

Demand and supply.

They rarely bring back boxes that has the most valuable gears and the people that can afford buying multiple boxes hoard them to sell at a higher price later. Let's say only 40% of the population buys KP and most of them hoard the gears then that's your answer. And at the rate of people quitting faster than the people trying out the game then it's a lose-lose for both the players and WP.

How can you sell more items if the only buyers that can afford them are the same people who wants these gears at a high price because of hoarding? They only cater for the people that has the zeny and not for the first time players who doesn't know how to get zeny or has the time to do so. So what do those people do? Either buy KP or quit.

We've come full circle.

#52 ManOfCulture

ManOfCulture

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 11:51 AM

I believe the inflation started even before chakri went wpe preaching, which I just took as trolling tbh.

Even before the wpe hike, you can see facebook sellers grossly overpricing their wares (I can think of two persons off the top of my head immediately) and 'selling' their 11b s1s1 +0 abusive robes and 20b turtle general cards (lol!) even though you can find cheaper/better deals in the forums/eden. Misinformed buyers or fake offers/sales, maybe both, either way it has encouraged everyone else to follow suit.

Add to that the veterans that quit and dumped a load of zeny in the economy (not forgetting the bots) and the OCPs that created demand for zeny.

It's the greedy people that started and kept the inflation going and are making it worse... case in point: when they realized they can sell abyss dress for 4-5b they started selling S-tier chance OCP gears for the same price even though said gears are nowhere near abyss in OPness and usefulness. 

Cant really blame them though since if they are getting away with it then it means the community doesnt mind at all.

Edited by ManOfCulture, 09 June 2018 - 11:53 AM.

#53 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 09 June 2018 - 12:22 PM

If being sarcastic to point out the flaws is considered trolling, then I’ve been trolling for years.

But you have sharp eyes, inflation or greed-driven prices were there way before I hyped WPE price up. The only fuss people are making now is because WPE is P2W while they are totally fine with other over-priced in-game items as long as they are F2P.

I still say that I didn’t start the inflation hype and ... I still blame WP for allowing multi clients lol

#54 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:in Night Club

Posted 09 June 2018 - 03:26 PM

I believe the inflation started even before chakri went wpe preaching, which I just took as trolling tbh.

Even before the wpe hike, you can see facebook sellers grossly overpricing their wares (I can think of two persons off the top of my head immediately) and 'selling' their 11b s1s1 +0 abusive robes and 20b turtle general cards (lol!) even though you can find cheaper/better deals in the forums/eden. Misinformed buyers or fake offers/sales, maybe both, either way it has encouraged everyone else to follow suit.

Add to that the veterans that quit and dumped a load of zeny in the economy (not forgetting the bots) and the OCPs that created demand for zeny.

It's the greedy people that started and kept the inflation going and are making it worse... case in point: when they realized they can sell abyss dress for 4-5b they started selling S-tier chance OCP gears for the same price even though said gears are nowhere near abyss in OPness and usefulness. 

Cant really blame them though since if they are getting away with it then it means the community doesnt mind at all.

Buddy it started when WPE/OCP sellers went sky-high... I know exactly when it started since my buddy and I are always buying&selling... We can easily deal with F2P players... While its hard to deal with P2W players specially some of them are arrogant and one thing I hate about them (in-game) players they are too boastful and irritating...

Hey, not to mention... They think they know everything... :heh:

#55 cong

cong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 03:56 PM

Most gear is worthless now. Nothing but the absolute best stuff has any worth, and therefore sellers charge as much as they can for it. Moreover, people who are invested in this game don't care about spending the zeny because zeny is basically worthless nowadays. I mean -_-, you've got bots all over izlude/pront PM'ing you with offers of 100m zeny for a single dollar, not to mention how easy it is to set up a few bots farming a million zeny a minute.

Basically, the upper 10% of players have ludicrous amounts of money and powerful items because they bot and engage in RMT, meanwhile legit players get left in the dust unless they are willing to send WP hundreds of dollars and spend 8 hours a day grinding. The economy will only get worse from this point on.

Yet another reason that renewal is steaming trash.

So why aren't all the player in game join bot. The price is high but everyone is rich ^^

Edited by kaynzz, 09 June 2018 - 03:58 PM.

#56 PoringJuice9

PoringJuice9

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 05:15 PM

So why aren't all the player in game join bot. The price is high but everyone is rich ^^

Maybe because not everybody wants to cheat, and maybe they want to actually play the game? What are you even trying to say here?

#57 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 09 June 2018 - 06:46 PM

yeah coz if they did, there will be no game to play with 

It's like an inoperable tumor. Die a slow painful death, or remove the tumor and die.

#58 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 June 2018 - 07:30 PM

General de-valuation of anything obtainable in-game vs kafra shop makes the kafra shop way more valuable compared to in-game items and zeny. Exceptions being MVP cards, which are largely dictated by their extremely low supply. Month after month of necessarily gamebreaking gear boxes in the kafra shop accelerated this process. There was a slow but noticeable rise in the price of kp and WPE even 3 years ago compared to 5 years ago. It was a trickle because once every few months you would have a really strong equipment come out in a lucky box(HBP, FAW, RWCs, etc). Ever since OCPs were a thing, the "one gear every few months" trend became "two-three gears every month". So the slow steady increase became a meteoric rise in their prices. And it's only going to go up. 

#59 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 08:24 PM

General de-valuation of anything obtainable in-game vs kafra shop makes the kafra shop way more valuable compared to in-game items and zeny. Exceptions being MVP cards, which are largely dictated by their extremely low supply. Month after month of necessarily gamebreaking gear boxes in the kafra shop accelerated this process. There was a slow but noticeable rise in the price of kp and WPE even 3 years ago compared to 5 years ago. It was a trickle because once every few months you would have a really strong equipment come out in a lucky box(HBP, FAW, RWCs, etc). Ever since OCPs were a thing, the "one gear every few months" trend became "two-three gears every month". So the slow steady increase became a meteoric rise in their prices. And it's only going to go up. 

Exactly...

I have a suggestion, make all ocp can only be purchased with certain amount of token (of couse you will need kp to buy it). 

Make the token drop from all instance in game at reasonable rate (get more depends on the difficulty). So people need to grind to get those new item.

- That will give them more reason to play than just trolling with the market.

- less person afk in town

- more chance for card drop from those instance when more people do it

So this would be good in the market... =) Game Changer! 

Edited by Ecologist, 09 June 2018 - 08:25 PM.

#60 ManOfCulture

ManOfCulture

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 08:33 PM

Buddy it started when WPE/OCP sellers went sky-high...

These sales were already going on before 1k WPE was what, 200m a pop? Last year, when the current OP OCP was on, they would sell for 1-1.5b, up to 2.5 when the box leaves. Yet WPE price increase was slow.

I forgot to mention in my prev post the constant refine events that increased demand for WPE. Its only halfway through 2018 yet weve already have had more Enriched events than previous years.

WPE price increases during said events but since they are constant, price increased with every event. If 200m was the price non-event, it became 250m during event. Greedy people kept it status quo during the non-event. Event came again, thus prices went up again and so on and so forth.

#61 Raizel00

Raizel00

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 12:18 AM

Yea prices are insane with 14b to 15 b can barely equip a char with bis item when last year could easily do so

#62 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:39 AM

Just Ignore those OP sellers... If you have time just open your very own pub in eden and you'll get what you want... + The reality in eden is there are just approximately 10 players overpricing stuffs... i know 5 of them with more than 5 clients opened selling OP stuffs... and they are also here in the forum...  :heh:

If I can just name them... I will... Lol

Edited by Ecologist, 11 June 2018 - 03:42 AM.

#63 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 11 June 2018 - 05:39 AM

Just Ignore those OP sellers... If you have time just open your very own pub in eden and you'll get what you want... + The reality in eden is there are just approximately 10 players overpricing stuffs... i know 5 of them with more than 5 clients opened selling OP stuffs... and they are also here in the forum...  :heh:

If I can just name them... I will... Lol

Yeah there are ppls selling overpriced items, and that abusive/flattery robe seller was one good example.

:p_hi:

#64 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 06:30 AM

Put raffle in with some nice things like Seagods or something harder to get that people still want.

Literally 0 use for zeny right now, everything is sold for 1b+ not even a point to vend. 

Small steps like this would help and they don't require much effort on WPs behalf. 

+1.

#65 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1236 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:17 AM

Small steps like this would help and they don't require much effort on WPs behalf. 

+1.

I second this. I suggest WP add these items to the next Raffler if they want to improve the state of the economy: Seagods, Cursed Fragments, upgrade ores such as HD Ori/Elu or Enriched Elu/Ori, blank cards (for the lazy levelers), Safe to 7 certs, Safe to 10 certs, Blessings, Bloody Branches, etc. The Raffler is only effective if the prizes are wanted by the masses instead of items that are only a few people want.

Focus on draining  money zeny out of the rich.

Edited by VanishingPoint, 11 June 2018 - 08:35 AM.

#66 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:12 AM

Yeah there are ppls selling overpriced items, and that abusive/flattery robe seller was one good example.
:p_hi:

Is there any item that is actually underpriced? At one point, a Cursed frag went to 8m even before inflation hit. People always overprice things if they can. Also do people still do 16.1 daily tokens? Damn lol

#67 MikeWolf

MikeWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 11:52 AM

The problem is that people need to learn to say "No I don't want that price" and own the freaking market. People are so naive when it comes to this, they don't realize they have more power than the seller. At this point, if they notice a price is a way to high especially for WPE. Then you as a consumer need to take responsibility and say "No I don't want that". People stop buying WPE and notice how the decline will start in price. 

Edited by MikeWolf, 11 June 2018 - 11:53 AM.

#68 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:14 AM

Exactly... Some players are having problem with the said "inflation" but the thing is you can get items at a lower price if you want to... You can beat OP sellers by ignoring them and outwit them with your own item valuation...

#69 NekoCaptainNoob

NekoCaptainNoob

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:27 AM

I want to buy ME gears for my newcomer priest / AB friends  

and the price raised too much .....  overpriced   just only in few days  , too many overpicers

imagine if I'm a new player  ,  I need to grind / farm longer  to afford it :< 

+0 Divine Cross  no enchant   >  avg price  400-500k (or below 1m) 
now become at least 10m  , avg  25m or higher (+800% from avg)  in 2-3 days from last checked 

+0 Holy Stick no enchant  >  avg price  200-300k+    now    5m  but someone raised to over 50m   in  2-3 days too  that's crazy 

+0 Exorcism Bible   avg price 5m  but now  up to  50m in 1 week    

IDK why the price is so insane.......

Spoiler

Edited by NekoCaptainNoob, 12 June 2018 - 02:41 AM.

#70 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:37 AM

Hmmmm.... For new players.... Magical stone was 700k to 1m before... They can now sell their magical stone at 7m to 8m... New players can catch up... No problem... It's much easy today... Zeny just changed its value... Still I see it the same....

#71 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:45 AM

when everything is expensive... nothing will be

oh wait

#72 kamikazezero

kamikazezero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:55 AM

Hmmmm.... For new players.... Magical stone was 700k to 1m before... They can now sell their magical stone at 7m to 8m... New players can catch up... No problem... It's much easy today... Zeny just changed its value... Still I see it the same....

Still waiting for magical stone to increase further! 10-18m ea please

#73 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4113 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:58 AM

now you can get a lot more white pots per magical stone!

it's a win for new player

#74 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts
  • LocationPadepokan Pencak Silat
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:42 AM

Still waiting for magical stone to increase further! 10-18m ea please

then WP decides to restrict the stone by making it account / character bound :V

#75 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:30 AM

It's actually pretty funny, a few days ago I vended Royal Guard Necklace for 200mil. Then suddenly today I checked again and they were randomly up to 800mil. I looked at the record and it's just a random guy decided to vend it for 800mil on ragial and then everyone else started doing the same. I don't know how you can stop this but a 200mil to 800mil jump is pretty ridiculous. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users