Duping is a bit out of hand now.. - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Duping is a bit out of hand now..

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
91 replies to this topic

#1 Beanbean

Beanbean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 819 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk / Ygg

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:19 PM

I'm frustrated at the state the game is currently in. RO had relatively stable prices with MINOR inflation for the past 10-15 years. Everything was vendable when I came back about 8 months ago. I understand a lot of people point fingers at players quitting and dumping zeny into the economy but mathematically there's absolutely NO way the number of people quitting could possibly make up for the double digit trillions of zeny that have been dumped into the economy. I don't think I've officially complained once in all my years of playing (since '03) on forums, but I really hope that this doesn't fall upon deaf ears. I'm not blaming GMs, I'm not blaming gravity, I just want a fix or at least a work around for this.

The problem at hand is even the most basic of gears for a new player are multiple billions just to outfit one class. You'd need to run instances (that aren't accessible to 140) hundreds of times for that gear, when in the past you could work your way up. I'm frustrated that fallen angel wings cost 3b. Not because "we haven't had them in an OCP in a while" but because of the rampant inflation which I'm fairly certain has to do with duping. Items have been disappearing from many of my friend's inventories recently that they bought in vends due to dupes. On top of that, there's people who've vended 3000+ cursed frags multiple days in a row for much lower than market price.. We've gotta find a way to combat this or I think the combination of this and the EU ban will lead to consequences the game won't be able to recover from. We've already crossed competition off the list as the woe scene (to my sorrow) has gone down in population steadily over the past months, but with PVM being the only thing left, people who inflate z to astronomical proportions make it so the legitimate players have nothing left to play for. We could continue to save zeny for years and the inflation will always outpace us. 

I know it sounds like I'm dramatizing it but I truly feel this is a huge unmet problem. I don't have a solution but I hope someone will chime in that could help come up with something that might possibly work as a fix, because it really crushes me to see a game I've played for over half my life go through such treacherous territories.

Camp has responded:

"Hello,

Unfortunately yes were aware that duplication returned to Ragnarok Online. Were currently working on removing the items as fast as we can and doing tradebacks for any items/zeny that were used to obtain the items. Were also working on introducing zeny removal events to drain zeny out of circulation and, may also make updates to remove some zeny sources. We are still trying to find the method but we can fight the effects of the issue to ease the turmoil in the community."

Hello,

Unfortunately yes were aware that duplication returned to Ragnarok Online. Were currently working on removing the items as fast as we can and doing tradebacks for any items/zeny that were used to obtain the items. Were also working on introducing zeny removal events to drain zeny out of circulation and, may also make updates to remove some zeny sources. We are still trying to find the method but we can fight the effects of the issue to ease the turmoil in the community.

Edited by Beanbean, 12 June 2018 - 06:33 PM.

#2 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:38 PM

I am usually one to give benefit of the doubt to the stability of the game / company over player reported problems. But to me, there is no other explanation for this. Yes, the game is very cash focused now. But that doesn't mean that randomly X Trillions of Zeny come into existence overnight. The price of KP used to be closer to 150m per 1k 3-4 months ago. Up to 700m+ today. Unless people quitting can explain a four-fold increase in total zeny in circulation then there has to be dupes. Such a vulnerability will be quickly gamebreaking. Look at Re-start. Can you argue that people quitting created that much zeny when the server has only existed a few months? RO Is vulnerable to something and they need to improve their data security.

Its important to distinguish that it isn't about Y or Z item specifically, its all prices of all critical items. I make a lot of video guides for instances on my YT channel, and I am finding it nearly impossible to make gear suggestions that don't sound absolutely off-putting. Its like telling a high school kid interested in driving that he should spend a Ferrari amount of money to drive a '01 Accord. Nearly every piece of gear that is even relatively useful is cost prohibitive.

RO is not new player friendly - I don't think any OG MMORPGs are to be fair. But when someone logs into the game from a break / for the first time and see that every inventory slot costs 1b+, they probably won't stick around long. I want the game to succeed, and I am having fun now. But something is going terribly, terribly wrong.

#3 yosummer

yosummer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:47 PM

zeny is being duped too, dupes everywhere, nothing is safe, and we are getting fooled by fake ocp gears. I'm losing my fun in this game day by day

#4 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:52 PM

zeny is being duped too, dupes everywhere, nothing is safe, and we are getting fooled by fake ocp gears. I'm losing my fun in this game day by day

When she goes... I go.

Really, people are duping cursed fragments and directly duping zeny. Its getting out of hand.

I want to say that price has stabilised-ish (with wpe being at 600-700m and Tier S OCP being at 3-5b range), its not going beyond that. I can have slightly better confidence in retaining zeny now.

But then I'm afraid to spend it, or sell my stuffs. Cause of dupe items.

#5 ShenYuel

ShenYuel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:55 PM

I suggest to recall for a GM everytime we want to do any deal to verify if the Item or Zeny it's legal or not

#6 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:58 PM

Yeah duping is annoying, I will refrain from buying expensive gears/items until the dupers are completely shut down. But still, the inflation may or may not be caused by duping. Zeny duping causes inflation, item duping causes deflation. Assuming dupers make both illegal zeny and items, inflation happens if zeny is duped at faster rate than items, otherwise we get deflation.

#7 ShenYuel

ShenYuel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:59 PM

You forgot to say inflation came by all these bots farming junks to farm zeny, that bring inflation as well.

#8 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:02 PM

as for the overall prices i still think the solution could either be from the community itself, to devalue the items and have it newbie friendly / cheaper or if we get the items at a fixed rate instead. even if we did have fixed rates though greed would make other currencies suit to having a better bargain which would relatively make the prices higher (probably)

duping catalysts though, i don't know what else to say, as the root causes of this circumstance is uncontrollable by default and i really couldn't think of a solution to the problem of duping catalysts without devaluing their enchantment systems. one of my dilemmas was that having to farm for cursed frags contributed to getting a hold of mass zeny (and more prone to getting duped yes). in comparison to that of other catalysts, cursed frags are also not as binding as other catalysts in many forms whether it is obtaining the thing, time spent to gather, and etc.

#9 Jacklmx

Jacklmx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:08 PM

Duping is a problem that the community cannot fix. It is an exploit of the software itself, only the software developers can fix this.

As users, when the software you use often gets exploited by other people (and mainly because you don't know how or can't), then you have to decide:

1. is this software so essential to me, that even it being unpleasant I'll still need it.

or

2. Time to change to another software.

#10 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:14 PM

How do you know there are dupes? (Actually asking I seriously didn't know this was an issue again)

But I think the GMs are taking care of it in just a really silly way. As far as I know there are people getting banned when they received the duped zeny during a trade, not the person dealing the duped zeny. Really need to fix this when you are banning someone. 

#11 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:15 PM

Duping is a problem that the community cannot fix. It is an exploit of the software itself, only the software developers can fix this.

As users, when the software you use often gets exploited by other people (and mainly because you don't know how or can't), then you have to decide:

1. is this software so essential to me, that even it being unpleasant I'll still need it.

or

2. Time to change to another software.

+1

if you choose option 1 though, you get to think of how this system would be unappealing to dupe. because the more we get to problems the more we'd get to think kRO really doesn't put into consideration bots / dupes in their thought process for new stuff in store for us, which is ew and eventually choose option 2 instead

#12 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:53 PM

That's why I have not really spent money in this Bunny event. Noticed a while that there was a dupping issue going on but didnt really want to make a thread because ... I'd be another smartass again. The duping issue was confirmed when lots of people started getting banned for no reasons  :heh:

Anyway ...

RTYO6uw.jpg

#13 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1243 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:58 PM

For real? 

What if both the items purchased is duped without the owner's knowledge and what if the zeny used to make the purchase is also duped (also without the seller's knowledge)? Do we need to start getting our zeny verified starting from now?

Edited by VanishingPoint, 11 June 2018 - 09:06 PM.

#14 KingPoring86

KingPoring86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationPoring Island

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:02 PM

Nope i think inflation already did the most damage , deflation wont happen over night (unless there a group of peoples who plan this?)

Majority of the players are to blame , just because few vendors up the price ? doesn't mean others should follow. (Almost everything now is 1b too)

Hey look ? im just following the market price (good excuse and yet not my fault ~ easy breezy) thus and so on the price will reach even higher .....

Hope they fix this (item duping) soon , or else this will be the end of iro .... would like to say , yea i have fun playing the game lol ~3~

Edited by KingPoring86, 11 June 2018 - 09:05 PM.

#15 yosummer

yosummer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:25 PM

For real? 

What if both the items purchased is duped without the owner's knowledge and what if the zeny used to make the purchase is also duped (also without the seller's knowledge)? Do we need to start getting our zeny verified starting from now?

yes u should verify zeny u received, I just got my item back cuz the zenies i received are illegal and got removed. 

#16 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:34 PM

im still new to this zeny being duped (as the only way i remembered zeny being duped was due to some sorta crypto currency item holding a b, thus itemizing zeny). although i know of old news getting illegal zeny via tracing back if the zeny obtained was from farmer bots. that became rampant too

#17 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:37 PM

Noob spoiled :^)

Edited by ChakriGuard, 11 June 2018 - 09:40 PM.

#18 KingPoring86

KingPoring86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationPoring Island

Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:00 PM

Well guess is no longer safe for me to keep vending anymore (I dont need to trouble myself about the ticket)

Some of the post here are very informative , now i know which person quote i should read .... 

Edited by KingPoring86, 11 June 2018 - 10:14 PM.

#19 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:09 PM

Do gms just randomly check zeny and know its duped or have to ask for a check? I remember one time i bought a duped AA card and suddenly my account was temp banned till the trade reversed  :heh: .

#20 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 01:33 AM

I will keep playing, because I don't derive my pleasure in the game based on what items other people have. I enjoy doing massive damage on stupid characters, I like the feel of the game and its aesthetic.

I would enjoy the game more if it wasn't completely vulnerable and not enterprise-ready. Its like I pay for the things I have, but someone else is just using a Gameshark to get it for free. I'm OK with someone outspending me in cash, or outfarming me for zeny. They deserve it. I'm not OK with someone creating unlimited resources for themselves and destroying player to player trade interactions.

The two key factors at play for still playing RO are sunk cost and nostalgia. But nostalgia will only work as long as the game resembles its former self. And the current state of things, that is not the case. And sunk cost will only work if the items and characters are worth something. If unlimited zeny can be created by non-game means, then all the things I have accumulated aren't even worth the electricity it costs to display their pixels.

Edited by Scuba, 12 June 2018 - 01:33 AM.

#21 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:in Night Club

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:22 AM

GM should respond if there is really an item duping again... Maybe there is (a bit)... But if it's massive.... There should be a DEFLATION already...

Edited by Ecologist, 12 June 2018 - 02:24 AM.

#22 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:35 AM

https://forums.warpp...-611-questions/

first answer from this week's fof or something. hopefully it's a good one 

#23 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:in Night Club

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:53 AM

Well, I don't want them to play superiors... They can easily respond here...

#24 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:19 AM

as much as i'd say i agree, iv'e been observing more of the substance. if they can bring out nice results. if not, i pile em up to the things i hate about the management, more reasons to be irked about ro day by day till i get sick of it and move on

#25 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1243 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:27 AM

yes u should verify zeny u received, I just got my item back cuz the zenies i received are illegal and got removed. 

Well -_-. How can anyone get any deal to go through if both the items and zenies are illegal?

What is WP official stance on this and what the hell are they planning to do to fix it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users