Duping is a bit out of hand now.. - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Duping is a bit out of hand now..

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
91 replies to this topic

#26 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:19 AM

Duping will not disappear. It is RO's slogan.

#27 JayD

JayD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:31 AM

I just bought a +9 Medical Scrub and other various gears, I will be upset if i came home from work today to see it gone...especially since I put my Tao card in it.

Also random question.  If people are duping Bloody Branches, and the MVP drops a card.  Will the GMs be able to tell its was a duped BB that dropped the card?  Asking this because I plan to buy some bulk Bloody Branches soon, but now I don't think I should if there is a duping problem.

#28 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:46 AM

I just bought a +9 Medical Scrub and other various gears, I will be upset if i came home from work today to see it gone...especially since I put my Tao card in it.

Also random question.  If people are duping Bloody Branches, and the MVP drops a card.  Will the GMs be able to tell its was a duped BB that dropped the card?  Asking this because I plan to buy some bulk Bloody Branches soon, but now I don't think I should if there is a duping problem.

sad thing about it is that i think they won't once the item is used? kinda like how people can get away with duping frags as a catalyst to gamble on getting bio5 enchants. the item itself is then sorta recorded as used

curious if people would dupe hd ores and just smash stoof to +18-20

Edited by DarkOrinus, 12 June 2018 - 04:48 AM.

#29 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:53 AM

Are food mats being duped aswell? because im back at brewing and... i wouldn't like to have suprises, just saying.  :heh:

#30 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:55 AM

Again, we aren't sure of the extent of the exploits. We know some kind of duping is possible, proved by the fact that so many MvP card trades are reversed due to the issue. Considering this is more prevalent today than it has been in the past, it would follow that there is a duping method out there.

What is dupable, what is being duped, and how to distinguish real from fake (from the gamelog side) is not known to us. We can only speculate that if MvP cards can be duped so can anything.

I have heard tons of rumors about exploits in the past, but technically cannot confirm them. But if what I've heard is true, very bad things have happened in the past and are likely happening now. Suffice to say the packet security is not great.

We also don't know if item duping is what is causing items to *poof*. Recently iRO underwent a certain 18 hour maintenance regarding OS upgrades and DB unreliability. The item disappearing issue could be its own topic.

#31 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:10 AM

I actually quit 10 weeks ago, been watching the forums tho.

When EU people were getting banned I made several predictions, and so far I was right on the money.

With EU gone Classic and RE:Start died, right? Well, the issue is that every time there's a new server it brings in new gold farmers hoping to cash in on it. With the death of RE:Start the gold farmers are going to be looking to continue the operation on the only server remaining, Renewal.. Have you noticed a large increase in "players" on the server by chance? Say, several hundred? Those are the gold farmers setting up bots to farm and sell zeny on renewal now that RE:Start isn't a viable source on income. Not to mention the personal bots in place.

Anyone remember [snip]? The Classic player who was running hundreds of bots on the server, funneling money into his guild for WoE? With the remainder of RE:Start joining Renewal, one can only assume that the people with similar operations would be bringing their bots with them as well. Have you noticed any new WoE guilds pop up recently? And more importantly, did they seem to crop up out of nowhere with amazing gear and seemingly infinite resources? Yeah, connect the dots.

Is duping going on? Without a doubt. Issue is that zeny itself can't be duped, you can dupe items to sell to an npc, but that's not worth the time and effort, likewise selling said duped items to players isn't going to generate any new zeny to add to the total on the server. In short, duping is undoubtedly happening more frequently, but Inflation isn't being caused by duping, it's being caused by an excess of new gold farming bots flooding in due to the death of RE:Start and Classic.

Edited by VModSoup, 12 June 2018 - 09:01 AM.
player names

#32 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:in Night Club

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:23 AM

Exactly.. Zeny can't be duped... So if there is really an item duping you will definitely see a deflation...  They keep focusing on draining zeny instead of eliminating the bots... Lol

#33 kamikazezero

kamikazezero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:32 AM

Should bring back oda Thor hammer?

#34 TattooedChef

TattooedChef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts
  • LocationSeventh level of Hell

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:35 AM

Is it truly that easy to dupe things? The way people talk here on the forums, it is basically like pushing a couple of keys and then BOOM! duped item....

Can someone please explain this to me? 

#35 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts
  • LocationPadepokan Pencak Silat
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:37 AM

I think recent bots infestation have little impact to new generated zeny amount, it's more likely that retired hoarders (including some EU players) decided to sell its zeny through illegal means thus influx load of zeny on the markets.

Chaos Renewal got too many zeny reserves to begin with from multiple server merges in the past, it's just carefully hid by hoarders in the gringots bank of unused alts all this time :V

#36 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:43 AM

Gms are lazy. if they know the item is dupped, they can reverse the deal and trace where the item came from. but then again, the gms are lazy. they wont bother to do such task. they just go with the easy way. which is removing the item leaving the player who bought it broken. 

#37 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1244 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:11 AM

Gms are lazy. if they know the item is dupped, they can reverse the deal and trace where the item came from. but then again, the gms are lazy. they wont bother to do such task. they just go with the easy way. which is removing the item leaving the player who bought it broken. 

This is probably the reason why the server has been steadily declining. Imagine how frustrating it must be to have your hard earned zenies or items removed because someone somewhere didn't do their job properly.

If the GMs keep this up, our population will hit 1.2K. Even OCP won't be able to save their salary then.

#38 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:35 AM

What I really wanna know is, given the state of the game and the complaints you guys have, how do you keep playing?

I actually WANT to play. When I quit I had just made a new Sorc, bought a Giant Octopus Card, was really looking forward to doing some amazing things with it, then -_- hit the fan and I realized how badly things were about to go and bailed before the ship sank. What drives you all forward? Are you just ignoring the house burning down around you, or what?

#39 Siliency

Siliency

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:49 AM

Man I was quite excited to return to RO but after check the prices and the check the forum... its just sad. I think its not worth download the game and bother to think of a class to main (I only have 300m and +9 Adventurar Backpack, so little to no money as it seems).

#40 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:52 AM

Ez game, ez WoE ... ez life too.

#41 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:thor during woe

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:03 AM

Exactly.. Zeny can't be duped... So if there is really an item duping you will definitely see a deflation...  They keep focusing on draining zeny instead of eliminating the bots... Lol

1. He's right, Zeny cannot be duped UNLESS the red envelope is being dupe. Philippine Ragnarok got a big problem regarding duping and our banking system's voucher is being duped. of course sometimes it is detected and there will be an EM. This is why i am not confident on banking system at RO.

2. It depends.sometimes, the seller have a group were they will talk if they will jack up the price or lower it. that probably happen in chaos.

3.we cannot tell if the item is dupe unless it was posted at Ragial.

#42 Wolfen

Wolfen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:06 AM

What I really wanna know is, given the state of the game and the complaints you guys have, how do you keep playing?

I actually WANT to play. When I quit I had just made a new Sorc, bought a Giant Octopus Card, was really looking forward to doing some amazing things with it, then -_- hit the fan and I realized how badly things were about to go and bailed before the ship sank. What drives you all forward? Are you just ignoring the house burning down around you, or what?

Simple, you just play for fun, dont buy wpe with $, just buy with zeny. Personally i have a blast both playing market and trying to OP a char. If you can come on terms with said state, then you can enjoy this game even if the management turns it into a dumpster fire

#43 KingPoring86

KingPoring86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationPoring Island
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:13 AM

Its just a bad habit , pretty sure you can relate to this (why am i still on a sunken ship lol ?)

Edited by KingPoring86, 12 June 2018 - 07:14 AM.

#44 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:30 AM

Hello,

Unfortunately yes were aware that duplication returned to Ragnarok Online. Were currently working on removing the items as fast as we can and doing tradebacks for any items/zeny that were used to obtain the items. Were also working on introducing zeny removal events to drain zeny out of circulation and, may also make updates to remove some zeny sources. We are still trying to find the method but we can fight the effects of the issue to ease the turmoil in the community.

#45 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:46 AM

awe, fortunately im the type of boi that's used to false promises. also yes, attachment. friendship is everything to me on ro, so that's probably why i'm still around

Hello,

Unfortunately yes were aware that duplication returned to Ragnarok Online. Were currently working on removing the items as fast as we can and doing tradebacks for any items/zeny that were used to obtain the items. Were also working on introducing zeny removal events to drain zeny out of circulation and, may also make updates to remove some zeny sources. We are still trying to find the method but we can fight the effects of the issue to ease the turmoil in the community.

i'll be trusting your word for it then. whether you did or didn't really reply here, at the end of it all the results would prove better than mere words. please help us, and thank you

#46 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:17 AM

Hello,

I know you're super slammed with work, but you're gonna have to choose to either fix the root issue by making your database more secured or keep going in circles with a GM team that sends out can responses.

With all due respect Camp, I've provided hard evidence of people blatantly selling items for real money in the past and nothing was done about it. That's right Camp, they're RMT in Eden now and someone even said "everyone is doing it" (you know who you are). The message that I sent to you in April is still not read yet. How discouraging do you think it is for people that wan't to help tackle this massive inflation that's been going on for years?

#47 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:17 AM

Hello,

Thanks, hope you find the vulnerability soon.

#48 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:18 AM

Don't just reverse trades or remove items. Find the root and mow it, or even better use fire.

#49 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:34 AM

How is it not possible to track dupped items back to their origin and find out how dupped items were made? @_@

#50 Valtios

Valtios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:35 AM

Now that I think about it, this global token event can be the first baby steps to make zeny less relevant. They could add more exchange options (materials, consumables, etc) and make them account bound. I've seen this method in other MMO RPG games and to be honest,you feel like the usual farming maps became ghost maps because of 0 bot presence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users