Duping is a bit out of hand now.. - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Duping is a bit out of hand now..

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
91 replies to this topic

#51 NinjaCrow

NinjaCrow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:05 PM

I'm frustrated at the state the game is currently in. RO had relatively stable prices with MINOR inflation for the past 10-15 years. Everything was vendable when I came back about 8 months ago. I understand a lot of people point fingers at players quitting and dumping zeny into the economy but mathematically there's absolutely NO way the number of people quitting could possibly make up for the double digit trillions of zeny that have been dumped into the economy. I don't think I've officially complained once in all my years of playing (since '03) on forums, but I really hope that this doesn't fall upon deaf ears. I'm not blaming GMs, I'm not blaming gravity, I just want a fix or at least a work around for this.

The problem at hand is even the most basic of gears for a new player are multiple billions just to outfit one class. You'd need to run instances (that aren't accessible to 140) hundreds of times for that gear, when in the past you could work your way up. I'm frustrated that fallen angel wings cost 3b. Not because "we haven't had them in an OCP in a while" but because of the rampant inflation which I'm fairly certain has to do with duping. Items have been disappearing from many of my friend's inventories recently that they bought in vends due to dupes. On top of that, there's people who've vended 3000+ cursed frags multiple days in a row for much lower than market price.. We've gotta find a way to combat this or I think the combination of this and the EU ban will lead to consequences the game won't be able to recover from. We've already crossed competition off the list as the woe scene (to my sorrow) has gone down in population steadily over the past months, but with PVM being the only thing left, people who inflate z to astronomical proportions make it so the legitimate players have nothing left to play for. We could continue to save zeny for years and the inflation will always outpace us. 

I know it sounds like I'm dramatizing it but I truly feel this is a huge unmet problem. I don't have a solution but I hope someone will chime in that could help come up with something that might possibly work as a fix, because it really crushes me to see a game I've played for over half my life go through such treacherous territories.

I dont know if i should laugh at you for expecting this company to do something about this problem or cry that this has even occurred.

#52 JadeMountain

JadeMountain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:08 PM

how come they are not duping EDA? as a trader, that is bull eye target.... 1 piece 999M

#53 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:49 PM

how come they are not duping EDA? as a trader, that is bull eye target.... 1 piece 999M

If you could produce an unlimited amount of zeny it really doesn't matter how much anything sells for. Its all relative to an infinite resource.

#54 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:48 PM

Pretty sure they are duping +10 EDA. A friend got his +10 EDA removed and zeny returned cause it was dupe.

#55 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:29 PM

In the first place I thought items were duped with the same method that happened in KRO last month.
But since IRO don't have a feature that is used for that duping yet.
So those items might be duped by other means.

#56 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:42 PM

In the first place I thought items were duped with the same method that happened in KRO last month.
But since IRO don't have a feature that is used for that duping yet.
So those items might be duped by other means.

What feature is used there?

#57 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:in Night Club

Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:15 PM

Hello,

Unfortunately yes were aware that duplication returned to Ragnarok Online. Were currently working on removing the items as fast as we can and doing tradebacks for any items/zeny that were used to obtain the items. Were also working on introducing zeny removal events to drain zeny out of circulation and, may also make updates to remove some zeny sources. We are still trying to find the method but we can fight the effects of the issue to ease the turmoil in the community.

Atleast you can fight the effects... Its already good enough... If i am not mistaken, you're also considering RMT here right?

#58 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:14 PM

You know, adding direct purchasable OCP items for silvervine OR making them obtainable in game via relevant story driven quests could help this. Instead of relying on RNG or stranger danger you could work hard to get one yourself or just purchase WPE.

#59 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:53 PM

You know, adding direct purchasable OCP items for silvervine OR making them obtainable in game via relevant story driven quests could help this. Instead of relying on RNG or stranger danger you could work hard to get one yourself or just purchase WPE.

I fail to understand or know how this would prevent/solve current duping issue?

#60 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:45 PM

I fail to understand or know how this would prevent/solve current duping issue?

Being able to farm something on ones self means that you can know for sure it isn't a dupe.

Being able to purchase OCP items directly for silvervine means you can again, know for sure what you are purchasing is not a dupe.

It doesn't solve duping, but it does provide players with a couple of ways of making sure the item they work/pay for is legit.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 12 June 2018 - 10:51 PM.

#61 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:51 PM

Right now they need to be fixing who they are actually banning before anything. If you are traded duped zeny, you are the one who actually gets banned and not the person doing the trading. 

#62 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:51 PM

Being able to farm something on ones self means that you can know for sure it isn't a dupe.

Being able to purchase OCP items directly for silvervine means you can again, know for sure what you are purchasing is not a dupe.

It doesn't solve duping, but it does provide players with a couple of ways of making sure the item they work/pay for is legit.

Ah I see. Yeah that would keep players secure and safe but it wont solve duping  :e4:  :e4:  :e4:

#63 Ward20th

Ward20th

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:53 AM

Ive been playing other online games with inflation incident...

I really want to spell the names of the 2 online game who survive 7 years(crucial stage) & now having an

inflation and turn into step 2-3 in a SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME. (if your curios PM me...i'll PM the title)

what I learn is:

STEP1: Inflation is IRREVERSIBLE (the 1st sign for other step).

yes our auction is still inflat after 5years, I visited it in 2017 before abandoning it for real. (as player who played that game for 5 years).

STEP2: Population will cut by  half and half and so on~

STEP3: no game update.

I hope there are players here who play other online games with inflation incident.

to support my claim & experience this is not an OP,this is a reality. 

this is the 3rd game I played with inflation... now the clock is ticking for other steps. 

Edited by Ward20th, 13 June 2018 - 01:09 AM.

#64 KingPoring86

KingPoring86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationPoring Island
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:24 AM

STEP1: Inflation is IRREVERSIBLE (the 1st sign for other step).

Is not easy to quit smoking (that why you should never have a taste of it) 

So ... dont smoke , is bad for your health and harm others around you ... 

Quit smoking and you save the mother green earth (and you live longer 2)

Plus your bf/gf will never complaint that your having a bad mouth XD

Is already little too late , everyone now is addicted to ez life ....

Brb smoke break 5min ..... zzz 

Edited by KingPoring86, 13 June 2018 - 01:25 AM.

#65 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:03 AM

Were also working on introducing zeny removal events to drain zeny out of circulation and, may also make updates to remove some zeny sources.

BTW, this is so laughable. Are you that serious about draining zeny? Don't you know that you will just hit normal in-game players? Why? Its for you to find out.. Don't you know that deflation has a negative consequences and inflation is one of the primary reasons why people invest in the first place? Plus, there's no stable value overtime.... The ratio is still 1:1 so why drain them?

The event just drained our zeny + Richard is doing some crazy s*** to drain our zeny... And your planning to drain the zeny again? Goodluck...

#66 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:18 AM

What is this 1:1 ratio you were referring to? Can you give an example?

#67 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:39 AM

BTW, this is so laughable. Are you that serious about draining zeny? Don't you know that you will just hit normal in-game players? Why? Its for you to find out.. Don't you know that deflation has a negative consequences and inflation is one of the primary reasons why people invest in the first place? Plus, there's no stable value overtime.... The ratio is still 1:1 so why drain them?

The event just drained our zeny + Richard is doing some crazy s*** to drain our zeny... And your planning to drain the zeny again? Goodluck...

Its your choice to sink your own zeny when the zeny sinking event comes. You can always choose not to use your zeny at the npc. Unless you have your assets in terms of items and would want to see it inflate even more.

People complain about inflation , demand zeny sink.

WP plans for zeny sink, you complain.

No zeny sink, other people complain.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'll be glad to have a zeny sink event. Making a lot of alts to hold zeny and having to do multiple trades just to buy a single item is NOT Fun.

#68 FT15

FT15

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • LocationKanto Region from Planet Korhal - Koprulu Sector

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:54 AM

i already quit iRO since a couple of months ago partly because of this.. the people and friends I referred to play here not long ago also quit immediately as they were disgusted by the prices they saw on the market... so sad to see what iRO has become...  :sob:

#69 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:19 AM

Its your choice to sink your own zeny when the zeny sinking event comes. You can always choose not to use your zeny at the npc. Unless you have your assets in terms of items and would want to see it inflate even more.

People complain about inflation , demand zeny sink.

WP plans for zeny sink, you complain.

No zeny sink, other people complain.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'll be glad to have a zeny sink event. Making a lot of alts to hold zeny and having to do multiple trades just to buy a single item is NOT Fun.

Oh well... I can deal with it... Nvm then... =)

Edit: BTW, draining zeny don't have any effect in relation to prices so still expect a multiple trades... =)

Edited by Ecologist, 13 June 2018 - 04:26 AM.

#70 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:42 AM

Oh well... I can deal with it... Nvm then... =)

Edit: BTW, draining zeny don't have any effect in relation to prices so still expect a multiple trades... =)

Saying that it doesn't have any effect is.....

It won't have immediate effect but if the drain is significant, ppl won't be able to afford at that price and slowly people will reduce the price to clear it, and it will happen to most sellers.

Plus you need a 2nd and third wave and so one.

Like first wave reduce the zeny in circulation so the ordinary tom won't be able to afford FAW at 3b, hoarders can still buy but they won't be able to sell except to other hoarders.

At one point they will need sent so they are force to sell at a loss, maybe 2.5b?

Repeat the process and people will learn not to hoard excessively.

Price continues to go up cause ppl have enough zeny to pay more. If you remove their ability to pay more, price will hit a ceiling and then go lower as more ppl are unable to pay at that price.

#71 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:50 AM

Saying that it doesn't have any effect is.....

It won't have immediate effect but if the drain is significant, ppl won't be able to afford at that price and slowly people will reduce the price to clear it, and it will happen to most sellers.

Plus you need a 2nd and third wave and so one.

Like first wave reduce the zeny in circulation so the ordinary tom won't be able to afford FAW at 3b, hoarders can still buy but they won't be able to sell except to other hoarders.

At one point they will need sent so they are force to sell at a loss, maybe 2.5b?

Repeat the process and people will learn not to hoard excessively.

Price continues to go up cause ppl have enough zeny to pay more. If you remove their ability to pay more, price will hit a ceiling and then go lower as more ppl are unable to pay at that price.

Hmmm... Ok.... You can already see the consequences.... No more hoarders... No more WPE sellers... + Do you think P2W players will still buy OCPs if the prices sucks? Anyway, I can go with any flow... I don't know about P2W players...

#72 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:00 AM

Hoarders don't buy wpe with cash. People who have $$$ doesn't need to care about zeny. They can exchange their wpe for zeny at any time.

And the wpe rate will follow the item price, or vice versa.

Wpe sellers are mostly new people or people who still need to buy stuff to gear their characters.

If the OCP item is good, they will still buy it for themselves.

If you say you don't know about p2w players then I think you should stick to it and stop commenting about owe players :). <- probably gonna get edited for this last sentence. Maybe.

But anyway the point that we derailed from is, we need zeny sink. If you say it won't affect you and you can go with the flow, I humbly request that you stop flaming WP when they announce that they have sent sink plans.

Edited by yamasakai90, 13 June 2018 - 05:01 AM.

#73 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:05 AM

Ok.. Sink it then... And lets see if the price goes down.... BTW, you have a very genius chronology of events....  :heh:

#74 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:38 AM

Ok.. Sink it then... And lets see if the price goes down.... BTW, you have a very genius chronology of events.... :heh:

Zeny sink will affect the current inflation. Only hoarders will afford those items but how about the average players and newbies? For ex. do you think they can afford a 3b faw price considering theyre f2p players? Not only faw but the common item or gears ingame.

#75 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1243 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:48 AM

THIS will SOLVE ease the duping issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users