Returning Player: Some Questions - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Returning Player: Some Questions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ragnarok4Life

Ragnarok4Life

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 04:47 AM

Hey everyone, 

I know its been awhile and well I am looking to get back into the swing of things with RO... Its been 14 years since RO was developed and we were blessed with a real gem.  My best memories was back in 2003 and the introduction of Santa's workshop area fighting all the nutcrackers and having a really good time just leveling with others. I have played recently within the last 4-5 years but I am really looking to settle back in. 

I read posts about zeny inflation and i read on the re:start board people call it Re:tard or other derogatory names in which we all have the right to express ourselves but I am really looking for a comparison on what the major differences really are other than updates and the server is progressive.  I love the new cat race and i love what the game has to offer in the current times but as far as investing money I wont be doing that for a little bit ... I am looking to get re aquainted and well I am also looking for buddies to play with from time to time...  I heard eden group does missions and such but I am hoping to not be too much at a disadvantage... I would love to become a Maestro or High Priest if they are still viable.. Wizards are great but I would love to understand WOE better than just what is written on the wikis...  I can read a wiki any day of the week but I would love to hear from you all about what is the best way to get started.  

I already downloaded Re:start thinking that would be a great place to start but i am unsure as I would love to rejoin the original RO ... Everyone claims "RO is dying" and i remember that theme song "you are my heart" and singing the song in my head for days on end...  I know warp and gravity have changed.. but what do you guys think where should someone begin..... 

#2 Doral

Doral

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 779 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:40 AM

Welcome back! :)

I say begin at renewal, since re:start already lost a huge amount of players since the EU ban.

up to you man, but in any server / game.

It is best to choose a server that offers ALL the features (even outdated) it has to offer.

Renewal is the main (updated as they call it) server at this time by the way.

#3 Ragnarok4Life

Ragnarok4Life

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:52 AM

Thanks Doral; I appreciate the response... 

Yea I tried to go on Re:start and to be honest it feels nice but not the same "RO" feel that I was going for.  I will come to the main server and join everyone in renewal even if i am starting over again.  I enjoy seeing the doram race but not too sure if playing as a Doram Summoner would be ideal or trying for a maestro; i just hope that buying equipment wont be too bad.  

#4 Doral

Doral

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 779 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 June 2018 - 06:26 AM

every beginning is hard. you just need to give yourself time to adjust again.

RO changed a lot . it's not the same as before where you have to grind2win.

#5 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts
  • LocationPadepokan Pencak Silat
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 16 June 2018 - 10:29 AM

Join chesterfield Guild aka Doral Guild :V

#6 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 11:24 AM

There are a lot of ladies playing on iRO. ALL of them are very cute. Maybe you'll get lucky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users