Community Headgear Project Part 2 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Community Headgear Project Part 2

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#1 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8805 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 June 2018 - 04:13 PM

Hi All

With the release of the existing headgears update today, I want to officially make the thread for the copies.

What are the copies?

Copies of most of the original headgears were requested alongside the expanded class hats. These will be blank slates tailored to the class that each hat represents. This thread is to encourage community members to post effects for specific builds. The autumn headband will have two copies, however one is reserved for traps. The copies will arrive when the expanded ones are finished.

Why were the copies made?

The copies were made in response to the initial draft of the revamp project. However, a compromise was struck when it was revealed how many hats were double dipping in purpose. In return for sticking to the original effects for the Jun 2018 update, the copies requested were considered blank slates specifically for this project. A creative outlet for the community to try and do what the original proposal was designed for.

Here is the list of the copies that you have to work with.

• Shrine Maiden Hat, Arch Bishop
  • Ordinary Black Magician Hat, Warlock
  • Night Sparrow Hat, Wanderer
  • Magician's Nightcap, Sorcerer
  • Autumn Headband, Ranger
  • Black Ribbon, Rune Knight
  • Divine Guard Hat, Royal Guard
  • Focus Beret, Sura
  • Harvester Hat, Geneticist
  • Very Normal Hat, Shadow Chaser
  • Lyrica Hat, Maestro
  • Oni Horns, Guillotine Cross
  • Sea Captain Hat, Mechanic

So please post your ideas in here. I can't give you a time frame, but I can tell you it is an eventual thing so please be creative and more importantly, be patient.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 14 June 2018 - 04:19 PM.

#2 ALSJ

ALSJ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 June 2018 - 12:50 AM

...And it happened. The bad case of Xzibit came to pass.

Question: I'm aware of the bias against Expanded Classes here, but are they also eligible for copies way later onward? Or is this as far as this compromise can go?

#3 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8805 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 15 June 2018 - 02:01 AM

...And it happened. The bad case of Xzibit came to pass.

Question: I'm aware of the bias against Expanded Classes here, but are they also eligible for copies way later onward? Or is this as far as this compromise can go?

The compromise was for the originals, not including SN/SL because they were last minute additions.

The expanded ones found here https://docs.google....myp9tEBXg/edit# are set in stone, we are just waiting for them to arrive from kRO.

But who knows?

Edited by Nirvanna21, 15 June 2018 - 02:01 AM.

#4 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3310 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:14 AM

MNC 2.0

+50 MATK

When hindisght is used, cast soul of sage to the user

+15 crit per level of striking

Increase damage of fire, water and wind magical attack by 20%

#5 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3168 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 12:25 PM

Gonna ruminate on this and think of what some _fun_ but viable builds may be for the classes that I enjoy playing the most.

Here's looking forward to 2020 ;D 

#6 MateusLikesCake

MateusLikesCake

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts
  • Twitter:@MateusLikesCake
  • LocationRio de Janeiro, Brazil

Posted 15 June 2018 - 02:55 PM

The compromise was for the originals, not including SN/SL because they were last minute additions.

The expanded ones found here https://docs.google....myp9tEBXg/edit# are set in stone, we are just waiting for them to arrive from kRO.

But who knows?

This Doram hat is awesome (lol at being human ears), but no forecast when it might arrive, right? ):

Rebellion's hat is... ok. It's nice aleays casting instant altar, but would never substitute a Ride or Vana for that Taekwon Kid seems preeetty fun also. Would even think abount having a Ranker TK. Btw, I want more love to expanded classes too. Can we at least try suggestions for them, haha? 

MNC 2.0

+50 MATK

When hindisght is used, cast soul of sage to the user

+15 crit per level of striking

Increase damage of fire, water and wind magical attack by 20%

A wet dream of mine since gold times is using level 10 bolts without a Soulinker, would love to make it possible somehow.

#7 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8805 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 15 June 2018 - 04:13 PM

The permanent community headgear discussion thread is located in the iro wiki discord. Under the sub heading FF Hour.

#8 Ralen

Ralen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 05:38 PM

To save you googling
https://discord.gg/qswvEPQ

#9 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8805 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 15 June 2018 - 06:04 PM

Posting on behalf of Fuyukikun for the trapper hat.

Fuyuki-Yesterday at 11:14 PM
Trapper hat idea: Dex+5 Int+5 Add 1% chance of activating level 1 vampire gift when doing melee physical attack. When performing fire trap, there is 50% chance to autocast fire trap lv 1 or highest level known. When performing ice trap, there is 50% chance to autocast ice trap lv 1 or highest level known. If upgraded +9: Int + 8 for each of these skills MASTERED: Fire trap Ice trap Advanced trap research Bomb cluster Electric shocker
Total is 5 dex, 45 int, autocast fire/ice trap (coz fire trap dmg increase coding cant be done), vampire gift autocast from melee attack (traps are melee, so wont activate on ranged attacks)

Edited by Nirvanna21, 15 June 2018 - 06:04 PM.

#10 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1614 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 06:25 PM

Black Ribbon

Reduces Bowling Bash cooldown by 0.5 seconds

Autumn Headband | Very Normal Hat | Lyrica Hat | Night Sparrow Hat

Reduces Double Strafe cooldown by 0.3 seconds

:p_devil:

Edited by Zayaan, 16 June 2018 - 10:32 AM.

#11 IgnotusCarl

IgnotusCarl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 15 June 2018 - 06:57 PM

Can we reduce cast delays as an added bonus for Dead Man Bandana next time?

#12 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8805 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 15 June 2018 - 07:01 PM

There is no Dead Man Bandana for next time.

#13 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 02:53 AM

My proposal counterpart Headgear:
1. Shrine Maiden Hat,Arch Bishop
Main focus: Increase Adoramus and Judex as main skill. ME got MASSIVE BOOST from OCP lately. Offensive AB very depend on adoramus to survive PVM and get AOE effect later.
Effect:
Reduce Cooldown Adoramus by 1 seconds
Ignore mdef of monster by 5% per level sacrament known
when refined to +9,
increase adoramus damage by 1% per 5 level.
Increase judex damage by 10% per 10 level.

2.Ordinary Black Magician Hat, Warlock
I don't know. Maybe about Soul Expansion skill and comet??

3.Night Sparrow Hat, Wanderer
I don't have any idea.

4. Magician's Nightcap,Sorcerer
Main focus: A real sorc only use AOE magic so buff the main AOE magic.
Effect:
Reduce cast delay of skills by 0.2 per level striking known
Reduce cooldown of Diamond Dust by 0.2 per endow tsunami known.
Reduce cooldown of Earth Grave by 0.2 per level endow quake known
Reduce cooldown of Varety Spear by 0.2 per level endow tornado known.

If refined to +9, Increase damage of Physic Wave, Diamond Dust, Earth Grave, and Varety Spear by 2% per level insignia known. (Instead we get base level why don't we use job level)

Autumn Headband, Ranger
I support Fuyuki idea to buff trapper.

Black Ribbon, Rune Knight
Main focus: as baby red dragon going to release on main server. DB RK need some justice. Cheap headgear

Effect:
Increase max Hp by 100 per 2 base VIT known.
Increase max Sp by 10 per 2 base INT known.
Reduced fixed cast of Dragon Breath by 100%.

If refined to +9, increase dragon breath (fire and water) by 15%

Divine Guard Hat, Royal Guard
Main focus: new RG have difficulty to level up because lack AOE, the only reliable AOE are overbrand. How about we buff overbrand and moonslasher bit? Because cannon spear and vanishing point always be buffed.

Effect:
Increase atk per 2 level of Base Str.
Reduce overbrand cooldown by 0.2 per 2 level of vanishing point.
Moonslasher cast reduce by half.

If refined to +9,
increase damage of overbrand by 1% per 3 job level.
Increase damage of moonslasher by 2% per 10 base level.

Focus Beret, Sura
I don't know.

Harvester Hat,Geneticist
Maybe about cart tornado??

Very Normal Hat,Shadow Chaser
I don't have idea.

Lyrica Hat,Maestro
I don't have idea.

Oni Horns,Guillotine Cross
Main focus: buff rolling cutter for low level leveling but the damage decrease as higher level.(GX to OP to begin with).

Increase atk by 2 per 5 base STR.
Add 4% chance to absorb sp by 1% damage.
Every kill grant you 200 hp.

If refined to +9, increase Rolling cutter by ((160-base level) ÷ 100) with minimum damage added 15%.

Sea Captain Hat,Mechanic
Main focus: #savemadomechanic!

Effect:
Reduce cast delay of skills by 0.1 per mado lisence known.
Reduce 100% var cast of Knuckle Boost.
Decrease fuel consumption by 1.

If refined to +9,
increase arm cannon by 10%
Increase knuckle boost by 25%
Increase Vulcan Arm by 50%.

#14 SrRinio

SrRinio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 08:31 AM

(Bad english below :/)

Very Normal Hat:

Anything like this for autocaster build:

When used Shadow Spell, activate an buff for 6 minutes that give an autocast like Meteor Storm or PW, Killing Cloud, Storm Gust with melee attacks, or with bows too seeing the shadow chaser balance update.

and increase the matk, aspd at +9.

#15 3505170703074552307

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 16 June 2018 - 06:38 PM

New Black ribbon:

- max hp 10%

- reduce cooldown of dragon howling by 9 second.

- dragon howling activate NPC DARKBREATH lv 5

+9 bonus

- increase damage of dragon breath and water dragon breath by 20%

#16 ALSJ

ALSJ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 June 2018 - 12:14 AM

...What the Hell else can we do with these copies...?

RK: ...Brandish Spear buff? Traumatic Blow buff? Hundred Spear cooldown reduction?

RG: Me, personally: Grand Cross, specifically to differentiate from Imperial Set and the... present form. Me, predicting: Samey Moonslasher buffing and suggestions to buff Rapid Smiting and/or Martyr's Reckoning.

Mech: Mado Specific, but that'll depend on what other items come here. Since those seem to hold the most weight in discussions, nowadays.

Performers: Perhaps a forum wiz can help here: Would a "cooldown-less" or "ASPD delay-based" autocast assist in dealing with Arrow Vulcan's delays? In any case, I'd rather see the copies focus on Sound Damage builds. We all should be done with Severe Rainstorm...

AB: Battle Built types should be the focus. Seems more like quality of life luxuries for a copy, though...

Other classes are a mix of "I'd rather not give this class anything else", "I don't care", and "This class is already covered, so we're just trying to be innovative for no reason", and "The forum community disapproves".

#17 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 01:02 AM

...What the Hell else can we do with these copies...?

RK: ...Brandish Spear buff? Traumatic Blow buff? Hundred Spear cooldown reduction?

RG: Me, personally: Grand Cross, specifically to differentiate from Imperial Set and the... present form. Me, predicting: Samey Moonslasher buffing and suggestions to buff Rapid Smiting and/or Martyr's Reckoning.

Mech: Mado Specific, but that'll depend on what other items come here. Since those seem to hold the most weight in discussions, nowadays.

Performers: Perhaps a forum wiz can help here: Would a "cooldown-less" or "ASPD delay-based" autocast assist in dealing with Arrow Vulcan's delays? In any case, I'd rather see the copies focus on Sound Damage builds. We all should be done with Severe Rainstorm...

AB: Battle Built types should be the focus. Seems more like quality of life luxuries for a copy, though...

Other classes are a mix of "I'd rather not give this class anything else", "I don't care", and "This class is already covered, so we're just trying to be innovative for no reason", and "The forum community disapproves".

I agree not all job need counterpart headgear.

1. Why not buff Dragon Breath? Physical RK already covered with IB buff.
2. Genesis Ray are come from grandcross, I think buff moonslasher and overbrand are better.
3. Mado mechanic need more love. Pilebunker are goddammn expensive. There is no way new player begin with this equip. No one want to supply its set anymore. Can't beat DPS with other class even Axe Mech can do better.
4. I always think battle AB are stronger than Me/adoramus AB. They could easily fight mvp because they defense not only from hard and soft defense. They had Flee to save their ass. The great thing about this build, the recent OCP already buff them to another level.

#18 ALSJ

ALSJ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 June 2018 - 03:29 AM

I agree not all job need counterpart headgear.

1. Why not buff Dragon Breath? Physical RK already covered with IB buff.
2. Genesis Ray are come from grandcross, I think buff moonslasher and overbrand are better.
3. Mado mechanic need more love. Pilebunker are goddammn expensive. There is no way new player begin with this equip. No one want to supply its set anymore. Can't beat DPS with other class even Axe Mech can do better.
4. I always think battle AB are stronger than Me/adoramus AB. They could easily fight mvp because they defense not only from hard and soft defense. They had Flee to save their ass. The great thing about this build, the recent OCP already buff them to another level.

1.) I'm simply not interested in buffing Breaths. I honestly didn't even want to suggest anything for RK, but Knight nostalgia reminded me of older skills. Plus, Breath builds have been de facto for a long time. Recent events have brought the Melee RK back into prominence, so I'm not so quick to throw any bones to Breath types. Feels more like build envy.

2.) Genesis Ray and Grand Cross fulfill different things. The current main headgear is a conditional autocast thing. Also, "better" is subjective here; I see Overbrand and Moonslasher boosts as more lazy cop-outs. If you want more Overbrand damage, demand for the Mechaspider MVP to drop Metal Stick [3], Imperial Feather to be released/modified, and go for the RG's Bio 5 headgear. I feel Moonslasher does not need the "True Randel Card" treatment, as well.

4.) And for those who aren't reliant on OCP to get anywhere? Besides, most gear for Priest types usually boil down to exorcism or healing. Battle doesn't get as much focus, so I figure this could be another focused piece for them.

#19 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3168 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 07:38 AM

The baby dragon hat is already in, so designing a crappier version of that would be pointless for RK.

IMO the focus should be on _fun_ or _novel_, not necessarily on "make the good thing slightly better". OCP will already see to that. 

#20 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7815 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:38 AM

RG headgear functionality design is good and well done. The only issue I have is the buff bonus is quite low. Wasn’t it something like 1% damage increased every 1 base level, so the max bonus damage you could get was 150%? Now it is 50% bonus if you invest your points maxing Hily cross to level 10.

Need to see other headgears in actions though. Sadly, there are very rare to find such videos.

#21 3505170703074552307

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:42 AM

1.) I'm simply not interested in buffing Breaths. I honestly didn't even want to suggest anything for RK, but Knight nostalgia reminded me of older skills. Plus, Breath builds have been de facto for a long time. Recent events have brought the Melee RK back into prominence, so I'm not so quick to throw any bones to Breath types. Feels more like build envy.

2.) Genesis Ray and Grand Cross fulfill different things. The current main headgear is a conditional autocast thing. Also, "better" is subjective here; I see Overbrand and Moonslasher boosts as more lazy cop-outs. If you want more Overbrand damage, demand for the Mechaspider MVP to drop Metal Stick [3], Imperial Feather to be released/modified, and go for the RG's Bio 5 headgear. I feel Moonslasher does not need the "True Randel Card" treatment, as well.

4.) And for those who aren't reliant on OCP to get anywhere? Besides, most gear for Priest types usually boil down to exorcism or healing. Battle doesn't get as much focus, so I figure this could be another focused piece for them.

Soo..  new ahb for trapper, build is not considered build envy, even tho they already got grey wing boots? mado sea cap?

The baby dragon hat is already in, so designing a crappier version of that would be pointless for RK.

IMO the focus should be on _fun_ or _novel_, not necessarily on "make the good thing slightly better". OCP will already see to that.

was suggesting for another type of breath to deal with holy element, and not really focused on fire and water breath. 

Maybe making clashing spiral great again? or magic autocast? or tank?

Please dont make it spear specific headgear, its retard weapon for RK.

#22 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2781 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:57 AM

Crit autocast build?

#23 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3168 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:10 AM

I recall a kRO video where a crit RK was able to autocast clashing spiral as he was attacking. I dunno specifically, tbh, I think I'd personally focus on bowling bash as a high rate DPS skill or something on Runes (storm blast, etc.). 

#24 gnog

gnog

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:20 AM

Black Ribbon

Reduces Bowling Bash cooldown by 0.5 seconds

Autumn Headband | Very Normal Hat | Lyrica Hat | Night Sparrow Hat

Reduces Double Strafe cooldown by 0.3 seconds

:p_devil:

^^^ it seems a nice idea

#25 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8805 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 June 2018 - 11:30 AM

Soo..  new ahb for trapper, build is not considered build envy, even tho they already got grey wing boots? mado sea cap?

There are two copies of AHB, one is reserved for traps since we couldn't do away with Arrow Storm. The other is free for all.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 17 June 2018 - 11:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users