Community Headgear Project Part 2 - Page 3 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Community Headgear Project Part 2

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#51 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 808 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 June 2018 - 07:29 AM

Let me ask something: what is the real purpose of these community hats?

1- to help/make leveling easier for everyone (especially new players)?
2- to allow alternative builds more fun/viable?

Both but somepeople insist to make alternative for fun. I always suggest to create counterpart headgear for generic build like Dragon Breath Rk's, arm cannon mecha's, or Main AoE spell for Sorc but nobody listen and insist to create autocast build which unfeasible for newbie or new player.

#52 3505170703074552307

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 21 June 2018 - 08:39 AM

Both but somepeople insist to make alternative for fun. I always suggest to create counterpart headgear for generic build like Dragon Breath Rk's, arm cannon mecha's, or Main AoE spell for Sorc but nobody listen and insist to create autocast build which unfeasible for newbie or new player.

they sure did read it, its in page one.  :heh: , but that doesnt mean we cant explore other ideas while we are at it. Creating things that is redundant will just make it short lived. 
i do agree RK need dragon breath hat, but it need something else for the fun and make it interesting than upcoming red baby dragon.that solely buff dragon breath.

And of course not make any of the ocp gear obsolete and too overpowered or abused.

#53 Diograo

Diograo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 12:29 PM

I asked that because, imho, some of the new hats and the documented for Expanded classes, lack both things. But I’ll not talk about it, what is done is done.
Just let me give my 2c from a returning/new player point of view about what really helps leveling in an old game with an inflated market, because lets be honest, its very hard for a new/poor player to acquire good gears nowadays, and these Hats can be a game changing perspective for them, or not. Its in our hands.

Warning, wall of text incoming.

First, the 2 worst problems for new/poor players is the lack of damage and bad survivability, and these problems create a vicious circle: if you cant kill things fast enough you will die; if you cant survive long enough you cant kill things. Also, the lack of damage for freshly created 3rd classes is also caused by the lack of skill points, while some classes can pick their lvling skill of choice with few points (like 8-9) others have to invest lots of points to get it (20-25), and this make things worse.

With the above said, Imo, the Community Hats should help the class to increase a bit of both: damage and survivability. But, and a big but here, it shouldnt be better than any endgame hat (yeah, I’m talking to you, Shrine Maiden), neither it should be BiS for any class. Its purpose is to help, to allow something alternative and fun to work, but it cant be the Go To headgear for any class.
And what botters me is that most of the suggestions in this topic is based on Full Geared players, or for an endgame build. 
Thats why I’m writing this text. We need to focus on what really matters.

But its ok, lets move on.

When I first saw the new hats I asked myself: “Why it have lvl 100 requirement?”
My first proposal for the Hats: if its to make leveling easier, shouldnt it be lvl99? 
So we can wear it asap after changing class. 

Second proposal: Over refinement required to activate bonus should be +7 at max
What I mean: from a new/poor player perspective, refining a piece of gear to +9 is almost impossible (I've never done that, even with a lvl3 weapon), while refining to +7 is very much viable. If the point of these Hats is to help new players, why it have +9 requirement? A new player will never get that, and will need to rely on buying from old players, and the purpose of the Hat is gone. So, instead of bonus to +7 and +9, it should have bonus to +5 and +7.

Third proposal: all hats should have sinergy with the proposal build. 
What I mean: lets say the Hat aims for a build that uses a high intensive skill spam that drain your SP a lot, it should have some ways to help regain some of that SP (not all of it). If its for a class that can sustain some damage and need to mob monsters at a close range, it should give some form of HP gain. If its for a ranged build that dont need much HP/SP gain, it should increase defense (reduced damage take, flee, move speed, wtv).
Of course, it shouldnt be OP and cant be better than already implemented Leech hats/gears (RWH, Vana, EDA, etc), but it should help a bit.

Thats it for now. 
I’m working on some ideas for the classes I know a bit of and will post soon.
Thanks all for reading and sorry for my bad english.

#54 ALSJ

ALSJ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:00 PM

I feel Diograo has a valid approach, though that can be for a case-by-case basis. Some clearly have endgame in mind, but on the wrong classes. Even classes that didn't have a hat, yet, were held back by strange "fear" of the not-so-unknown.

But this is a forum, meaning multiple people, opinions, and inevitable clashes. All you can really do is post, observe, and try to match the spirit and original intent of these.

So... Have some dumb hat proposals.

Spoiler RK

Spoiler RG

Spoiler Mech

Spoiler Performers

Spoiler AB

Edited by ALSJ, 23 June 2018 - 01:32 PM.

#55 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8805 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:47 PM

Hats don't need names guys, at this point consider it Imitation %NAME%. So like, Imitation Shrine Maiden Hat.

They are straight up copies of the originals, but the free range is on what they do :U

You could request custom images/names etc, but you really are opening a can of worms in terms of time frame by doing so. Even just straight up copies have taken 6 months, and still nothing in sight :U

#56 ALSJ

ALSJ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 June 2018 - 01:28 PM

My hat names are jokes. My names and descriptions poke fun at the fact that we're really discussing clones of these things. I don't care about the sprite or what picture and text fluff show up in the tool tip.

Edited by ALSJ, 23 June 2018 - 01:28 PM.

#57 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 808 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 11:01 PM

I asked that because, imho, some of the new hats and the documented for Expanded classes, lack both things. But I’ll not talk about it, what is done is done.
Just let me give my 2c from a returning/new player point of view about what really helps leveling in an old game with an inflated market, because lets be honest, its very hard for a new/poor player to acquire good gears nowadays, and these Hats can be a game changing perspective for them, or not. Its in our hands.

Warning, wall of text incoming.

First, the 2 worst problems for new/poor players is the lack of damage and bad survivability, and these problems create a vicious circle: if you cant kill things fast enough you will die; if you cant survive long enough you cant kill things. Also, the lack of damage for freshly created 3rd classes is also caused by the lack of skill points, while some classes can pick their lvling skill of choice with few points (like 8-9) others have to invest lots of points to get it (20-25), and this make things worse.

With the above said, Imo, the Community Hats should help the class to increase a bit of both: damage and survivability. But, and a big but here, it shouldnt be better than any endgame hat (yeah, I’m talking to you, Shrine Maiden), neither it should be BiS for any class. Its purpose is to help, to allow something alternative and fun to work, but it cant be the Go To headgear for any class.
And what botters me is that most of the suggestions in this topic is based on Full Geared players, or for an endgame build.
Thats why I’m writing this text. We need to focus on what really matters.

But its ok, lets move on.

When I first saw the new hats I asked myself: “Why it have lvl 100 requirement?”
My first proposal for the Hats: if its to make leveling easier, shouldnt it be lvl99?
So we can wear it asap after changing class.

Second proposal: Over refinement required to activate bonus should be +7 at max
What I mean: from a new/poor player perspective, refining a piece of gear to +9 is almost impossible (I've never done that, even with a lvl3 weapon), while refining to +7 is very much viable. If the point of these Hats is to help new players, why it have +9 requirement? A new player will never get that, and will need to rely on buying from old players, and the purpose of the Hat is gone. So, instead of bonus to +7 and +9, it should have bonus to +5 and +7.

Third proposal: all hats should have sinergy with the proposal build.
What I mean: lets say the Hat aims for a build that uses a high intensive skill spam that drain your SP a lot, it should have some ways to help regain some of that SP (not all of it). If its for a class that can sustain some damage and need to mob monsters at a close range, it should give some form of HP gain. If its for a ranged build that dont need much HP/SP gain, it should increase defense (reduced damage take, flee, move speed, wtv).
Of course, it shouldnt be OP and cant be better than already implemented Leech hats/gears (RWH, Vana, EDA, etc), but it should help a bit.

Thats it for now.
I’m working on some ideas for the classes I know a bit of and will post soon.
Thanks all for reading and sorry for my bad english.

Shrine maiden become OP because valk drop and abyss dress. Btw I couldn't agree more on your opinion.

#58 Diograo

Diograo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 05:33 AM

I have ideas for 4 classes. This is one:

RK = Brandish Spear + Hundred Spear

Why Spear? Because RK doesnt have much option left. DB is already covered from Red Baby Dragon Hat, Wind Cutter is covered from Black Ribbon (and more), and IB is too far into the skill tree (and its a popular build). Also, Spear build allow players to use a Shield and gain more defense, along with the fact that spear knight was a very good and fun leveling build in classic times.

My proposal for Black Ribbon B
- STR +5
- VIT +5
- increase damage of Brandish Spear by x% per level of Spear Mastery known and reduces its animation/cast delay by 50%
Bonus if refined to +5
- increase HP and SP recovery by x% per Increased HP Recovery known
- increase DEF by the Shield weigh amount
Bonus if refined to +7
- increase damage of Hundred Spear by x% and reduces its cooldown by 0,5s per level of Spear Boomerang known

A combination of good AoE damage, high single target damage (also force you to pick Spear Boomerang), increased defense and some form of sustain. All a new player need to lvl more easily.

#59 SrRinio

SrRinio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 07:44 AM

Very Normal Hat:

Increase magical damage by 10%;

ASPD +2

Adds a 10% chance of casting Storm Gust, Meteor Storm and Lord of Vernilion Lv 5 when performing a short ranged attack,

Adds a 20% chance of casting Storm Gust, Meteor Storm and Lord of Vernilion Lv 5 when performing a long ranged attack. (because autocasts with bows have half chance and its a preparation for the shadow chaser job update)

If upgrade level is +9 or above:

Adds a 4% chance of casting Psychic Wave lv 3 when performing a short ranged attack;

Adds a 8% chance of casting Frost Misty, Crimson Rock and Chain Lightning lv 3 when performing a long ranged attack.

Idk if it is a very OP hat but the autocaster chaser has very few equipment options and have lost the exclusivity of the meteor shower with the book of the sun god, this hat above may make this build more visible again..

Edited by SrRinio, 24 June 2018 - 07:45 AM.

#60 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 808 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 05:43 PM

Very Normal Hat:

Increase magical damage by 10%;
ASPD +2
Adds a 10% chance of casting Storm Gust, Meteor Storm and Lord of Vernilion Lv 5 when performing a short ranged attack,
Adds a 20% chance of casting Storm Gust, Meteor Storm and Lord of Vernilion Lv 5 when performing a long ranged attack. (because autocasts with bows have half chance and its a preparation for the shadow chaser job update)

If upgrade level is +9 or above:

Adds a 4% chance of casting Psychic Wave lv 3 when performing a short ranged attack;
Adds a 8% chance of casting Frost Misty, Crimson Rock and Chain Lightning lv 3 when performing a long ranged attack.

Idk if it is a very OP hat but the autocaster chaser has very few equipment options and have lost the exclusivity of the meteor shower with the book of the sun god, this hat above may make this build more visible again..

Does chaser can copy skill itself? I mean withouth the book, you can do it by yourself.

I disagree about Chaser exclusiveness about magic autocast because chaser already molested most job 3 skill. I afraid if you add more damage on job 3 skill, the other job like sorc and wl will angry because chaser has more buff than they had.

Edited by andxres, 24 June 2018 - 05:44 PM.

#61 SrRinio

SrRinio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 06:25 PM

Does chaser can copy skill itself? I mean withouth the book, you can do it by yourself.

I disagree about Chaser exclusiveness about magic autocast because chaser already molested most job 3 skill. I afraid if you add more damage on job 3 skill, the other job like sorc and wl will angry because chaser has more buff than they had.

First: https://irowiki.org/wiki/Shadow_Spell

yea, i know we already can have MS with autocast, but adding more MS, SG autocast will improve the DPS / Damage per second, that is the idea for this hat, a hat that improves the autocaster build only by adding more autocasts and a little amount of ASPD and brute magical damage.

just for reference, the last OCP item for autocaster chaser build was the Celine Brooch at OCP XI, 8 months ago, or 8 OCPs ago, since then, we still waiting any gear that gives any autocast or something like..

#62 ALSJ

ALSJ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 June 2018 - 09:59 PM

Eh... That can be debated; for example, Lunar Rainbow can be used by Shadow Spell Chasers, especially with a Valkyrie Knife.

Chaser is in a rough spot because it, like the Ascendant Crown, is nothing but a buff stick on your head. It is the safe, generic option because of the nature of the class. So then what would a copy be? Another generic buff hat wouldn't be interesting, would it? So where would the focus be?

One of the original intents of this project was to highlight non-mainstream builds and skills of classes. So what is Chaser left with? Can we pull a "Little Feather Hat" and have a copy combo with certain arrows? To give Bow Chasers some leeway? For the sake of giving examples...

Spoiler Example

#63 Diograo

Diograo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 01:28 AM

Another one:

RG = Vanguard Force + Earth Drive 

I choose Earth Drive because its a Shield skill, and I like how good a RG looks with a shield (novelty, I know =D )
But it can be Moon Slasher in its place, no problem with that, just adjust the bonus effect.

My proposal for Divine Guard Hat B
- removes the SP drain from Vanguard Force and doubles its Rage limite, Max HP and DEF bonus.
- for each active Rage Counter gain +X flat attack
Bonus if refined to +5
- reduces the cast time of Earth Drive by 100%
- reduces the cooldown of Earth Drive by 0,5s per level of Shield Boomerang known
Bonus if refined to +7
- increase damage of Earth Drive by x% per level of Guard known, and remove its break shield chance
- gain xSP and xHP for each Rage Counter whenever a monster is killed

I tried something new here, and I think in the end it still gives good AoE damage, high single target damage (with Burst Attack), increased defense and sustain. It also makes you stay in combat to not lose Rage Counters stacks.

#64 ALSJ

ALSJ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 June 2018 - 03:06 AM

Huh... You weren't kidding about making something with fresh players in mind.

I'm sure certain types will immediately bring up True Randel Cards, while ignoring the price of said cards... I'm not so sure about cooldown redux for Earth Drive, considering the skill's utility of ground clearing and debuffing struck targets. Though there is still a second of cast delay... I suppose I'm worried about making Earth Drive a bit too good for what it is.

Doubling Vanguard Force... I'm not sure if 30 counters is doable. Even Sura is limited to 15 (and 10 for K/O). If you want to buff Burst Attack, the only reason to want more counters, it might be better to suggest bonus damage directly to the skill.

Flat ATK... RG has no issue with ATK power. Shield Spell Level 1, even with RNG, provides enough of an ATK boost without much investment. Rosa Shields are cheap enough for fresh RGs to pick up.

#65 Diograo

Diograo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 03:42 AM

Thanks to take your time to analyses my post. Your points are valid, im not an RG expert, just tossed some thoughts there.

We can take off the double counters limit and sticky with double buffs only. My intention is to force Vanguard Force usage and add some bonus to rage counters, the Burst Attack part was just a colateral effect. We can remove flat attack bonus to rage counters and add something else.

But like you said, Earth Drive could be too strong, maybe if damage bonus wasnt too high? Idk. Or change it to Moon Slasher?

#66 ninJedi

ninJedi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart

Posted 25 June 2018 - 05:52 PM

just adding more ideas to previous suggestions:

Imitation Very Normal Hat

> What I hate most with shadowspell build SC is that you have to wait for the autocasts to build up overtime before you can get any decent aoe dps going, and to make it worse it's not always a guarantee that the autocast that proc'd is enough to finish-off mobs.

The 15% chance of lvl 10 shadowspell is high, but with not enough attack speed the chances of you laying down some autocasts before mobs starting ripping you apart is kinda low. Can't really do some leveling if the aoe autocasts don't proc when you need them to

> +2 Aspd or around +15% Aspd
> 10% chance to autocast any of the following skills when dealing physical damage: Fireball lvl 5, Heaven's Drive lvl 5, Thunderstorm lvl 5, ?Napalm Vulcan? lvl 5

AoE skills that could help with mobbing, only at lvl 5 since the future update will allow for the actual shadowspell to make use of lvl 7 autocasts.

If they proc with physical damage (just like ring of flame lord procs), hopefully this would allow for aoe autocasts caused by reflected dmg and ranged weapons.
> 5% chance to autocast Frost Nova (to help with mob handling)
> Thought about considering maybe P.Dodge to help with mobbing, but that would close off using melee-reflect for reflect autocasts. Maybe some incoming damage reduction would be better? Can't decide between +15 PDodge or +10% Neutral dmg reduction...

I'm not too keen about having Lord of Vermillion and Storm Gust as autocasts from the hat, LoV blocks the whole screen, and SG knocks all the mobs around during cast (it gets annoying having to chase them around if going melee autocast)
I do agree with Lunar Rainbow being best-in-slot for autocast builds, but it's not really best-in-supply as a headgear. This sc hat doesn't need to be that op, but since the build relies so much on gears then I think it should atleast be good enough to get players started.

One reason why I prefer autocast over bow chaser buff is that there's plenty of gears out there that already cater to bow chaser, a couple of copy-able strong aoe skills too, whereas autospell chasers don't have any dedicated gears that are exclusive to the class

Imitation Autumn Headband
> Really need to find a different method other than +Int to increase that Fire/Ice Trap damage. Did some testing earlier with various traps to see the dmg difference from equipping a borrowed +10 Valk Knife (+20 Int +20 Dex for hunter class, which would be identical to the proposed +40 Int):

Fire Trap gained only +500 dmg
Claymore gained around +6k dmg
Bomb Cluster gained around +20k dmg (with +9 Black wing suit)
(Tested on my ranger with around 120+19 Int 100+29 Dex at base lvl 152)

We may be trying to boost all trap skills with this one, but it's honestly annoying af that the main (Fire/Ice) traps we're trying to boost the most receive the smallest boost from stat bonus. Yes it's a spam skill so it shouldn't receive that high a dmg boost, but we don't get our own edp don't we

Edited by ninJedi, 25 June 2018 - 06:09 PM.

#67 SrRinio

SrRinio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 03:55 AM

> What I hate most with shadowspell build SC is that you have to wait for the autocasts to build up overtime before you can get any decent aoe dps going, and to make it worse it's not always a guarantee that the autocast that proc'd is enough to finish-off mobs.

The 15% chance of lvl 10 shadowspell is high, but with not enough attack speed the chances of you laying down some autocasts before mobs starting ripping you apart is kinda low. Can't really do some leveling if the aoe autocasts don't proc when you need them to

> 10% chance to autocast any of the following skills when dealing physical damage: Fireball lvl 5, Heaven's Drive lvl 5, Thunderstorm lvl 5, ?Napalm Vulcan? lvl 5

AoE skills that could help with mobbing, only at lvl 5 since the future update will allow for the actual shadowspell to make use of lvl 7 autocasts.

If they proc with physical damage (just like ring of flame lord procs), hopefully this would allow for aoe autocasts caused by reflected dmg and ranged weapons.
> Thought about considering maybe P.Dodge to help with mobbing, but that would close off using melee-reflect for reflect autocasts. Maybe some incoming damage reduction would be better? Can't decide between +15 PDodge or +10% Neutral dmg reduction...

I'm not too keen about having Lord of Vermillion and Storm Gust as autocasts from the hat, LoV blocks the whole screen, and SG knocks all the mobs around during cast (it gets annoying having to chase them around if going melee autocast)
I do agree with Lunar Rainbow being best-in-slot for autocast builds, but it's not really best-in-supply as a headgear. This sc hat doesn't need to be that op, but since the build relies so much on gears then I think it should atleast be good enough to get players started.

One reason why I prefer autocast over bow chaser buff is that there's plenty of gears out there that already cater to bow chaser, a couple of copy-able strong aoe skills too, whereas autospell chasers don't have any dedicated gears that are exclusive to the class

The SG autocast may be a bad idea for melee autocast but are great for MVPing with bows would be great too, LoV could help a bit since he have a consistent damage and can break the SG freezing.

Autocast lv 5 fireball, heaven's drive, thunderstorm, napalm vulcan? may help for mobbing, but we have to make a hat that help a general autocast build and our future update, not only a single lvling hat.

#68 ninJedi

ninJedi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 09:37 AM

The SG autocast may be a bad idea for melee autocast but are great for MVPing with bows would be great too, LoV could help a bit since he have a consistent damage and can break the SG freezing.

I'm not completely against SG and LoV autocast just so you know, just not really fond of the running around chasing storm gusted mobs part Haha

I actually do have this idea for Frost Nova + Thundestorm combo since I heard thunderstorm does better against frozen mobs than LoV does. But I haven't personally tested that build yet (can't find a seller for that sealed evil sword) so I'm not sure if it's good enough to suggest here.

Here's an idea though:
Earthquake autocast?
But only around 1% chance. And only procs when performing attacks. Just to remind us of that fiasco that happened when sc's managed to copy eq before. Lol

I also have this idea for Focused Arrow Strike autocast but that's a completely different build

I don't get what you mean about the "make a good hat for general autocast build" part. I do think that the build is already fine for single target killing, a bit lacking in the aoe side though (which is what I wanted to boost here)
Did you mean add more autocasts?
I guess elememtal sword/cd in mouth effect would be an ok addition

#69 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12245 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 26 June 2018 - 07:57 PM

Weather forecaster hat (WL copy)

Matk+5%
Reduce variable cast time of Meteor storm, storm gust and lord of vermilion by6% per refine level. This effect is capped at 60%.

If refined to +9:
Reduce fixed cast time for MS, SG, LoV by 1 sec.
Increase damage of MS, LoV & SG by baselevel%

#70 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12245 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 26 June 2018 - 07:59 PM

Imitation Autumn Headband
> Really need to find a different method other than +Int to increase that Fire/Ice Trap damage. Did some testing earlier with various traps to see the dmg difference from equipping a borrowed +10 Valk Knife (+20 Int +20 Dex for hunter class, which would be identical to the proposed +40 Int):

Fire Trap gained only +500 dmg
Claymore gained around +6k dmg
Bomb Cluster gained around +20k dmg (with +9 Black wing suit)
(Tested on my ranger with around 120+19 Int 100+29 Dex at base lvl 152)

We may be trying to boost all trap skills with this one, but it's honestly annoying af that the main (Fire/Ice) traps we're trying to boost the most receive the smallest boost from stat bonus. Yes it's a spam skill so it shouldn't receive that high a dmg boost, but we don't get our own edp don't we

This is why i propose the int+100 buff for 2 seconds

#71 ninJedi

ninJedi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 10:02 PM

This is why i propose the int+100 buff for 2 seconds

If there's no other way to buff Fire/Ice Trap then I guess that's ok. Unfortunately that might only add around 1k to 2k dmg though.

Not exactly the +100% Fire/Ice Trap dmg I expected for this headgear.

But if we combo with chance to inflict Stone Curse/Ash when using Fire Trap it might reach high enough.

The good news is that it's doable as an effect since we can just copy and modify this effect that I found from Virgo Crown:
"Adds a chance for when dealing damage, the user will gain Dex +20 for 6 seconds."

Edited by ninJedi, 26 June 2018 - 10:04 PM.

#72 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12245 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 26 June 2018 - 11:15 PM

the ash proc might be abused by ranged attacker.

just cast fire trap, then ash procs, then just hit with no limit fire arrow/fire endow. Rekt

#73 ninJedi

ninJedi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 02:01 AM

*whispers
Dark Claw debuff

hmmm...
I'm not entirely sure how most codes work in RO, but would it be possible to make a debuff that makes a monster weaker to specific skills?

I got the idea from looking at Gambler's Seal description: (even though it's not in the servers yet)
"Reduces damage taken from Critical Slash by 100%." (Edit: turns out the Arrow Storm/Gates of Hell dmg reduction was for a different server)
so it's probably something like "adds +100% resistance to <skill>"

Following from there, what if we make a debuff that gives a negative value for resistance instead.
Like maybe:
"adds -100% dmg resistance to Fire/Ice Trap"

Since the added resistance is a negative value, it will make the monster recieve more damage from that specific skill instead. I'm guessing this would be similar to that def penetration bug when players got more than 100% def penetration; Damage got a boost, instead of just nullifying the reduction from target's Def.

Edited by ninJedi, 27 June 2018 - 02:55 AM.

#74 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12245 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 27 June 2018 - 03:27 AM

similar to anti material blast

#75 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7815 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 29 June 2018 - 02:09 AM

Current RG headgear is above average. Better leave the way it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users