[Discussion] Disable Dorams in WoE. - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

[Discussion] Disable Dorams in WoE.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
309 replies to this topic

#26 hexiezi

hexiezi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 11:52 PM

Poor babies, don't cry.

#27 Asmrow

Asmrow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationNowhere near you
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:ROM

Posted 28 June 2018 - 12:40 AM

You know, I've never been to WoE, but now that we are talking about disabling X class in WoE, I kinda wondered how would be a WoE with only ABs.

#28 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 12:51 AM

I think they just need to make Dorams demi-human to balance it out a bit. It makes no sense for a playable character to be a complete different race from every other playable character. 

TBH I wish there was another place to discuss WoE other than this forum. Everyone who doesn't WoE or quit can't wait to just jump in and throw in comments like "l0l u still play this dead game?" "l0l y u st1ll bother?" Why you guys still on the forum if you don't play the game?

As for cheaters, people should just get used to them. Not because the GMs won't do anything about them but because every guild has them. Yes every single guild has them.

#29 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:47 AM

I think they just need to make Dorams demi-human to balance it out a bit. It makes no sense for a playable character to be a complete different race from every other playable character. 

TBH I wish there was another place to discuss WoE other than this forum. Everyone who doesn't WoE or quit can't wait to just jump in and throw in comments like "l0l u still play this dead game?" "l0l y u st1ll bother?" Why you guys still on the forum if you don't play the game?

As for cheaters, people should just get used to them. Not because the GMs won't do anything about them but because every guild has them. Yes every single guild has them.

No, not every single guild does.

#30 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:52 AM

Let's not joke with ourselves, I am assuming you are talking about your guild and if you promise your whole guild won't hit the report button on me I will be happy to talk about it with you. 

#31 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:59 AM

Let's not joke with ourselves, I am assuming you are talking about your guild and if you promise your whole guild won't hit the report button on me I will be happy to talk about it with you. 

PM me.

#32 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 02:22 AM

Why would I PM you when I want everyone to know? But without going too deep into details, I do remember you have a few [Poporings] members that WoEs for you guys. One of them previously you called out and made an apology thread on? You sure are generous with your accusations before looking at yourselves though. Or are you going to say they only join for WoE?

Edited by VModCinnamon, 28 June 2018 - 03:22 AM.
Mod Edit: Let's stay on topic.

#33 Asmrow

Asmrow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationNowhere near you
  • Server:ROM

Posted 28 June 2018 - 02:27 AM

I'm surprised disabling Picky Peck in WoE maps hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet. Should be much easier than banning the whole class...

#34 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 28 June 2018 - 02:33 AM

Why would I PM you when I want everyone to know? But without going too deep into details, I do remember you have a few [Poporings] members that WoEs for you guys. One of them previously you called out and made an apology thread on? You sure are generous with your accusations before looking at yourselves though. Or are you going to say they only join for WoE?

Because Cinnamon will burn the thread and I can learn nothing. I take cheating seriously, and if you got accusations you tell me so I can investigate. You are not an idiot, at least Ashuckel attests that you are not. So when I say PM, I don't mean hide from the public, I mean I wanna have a discussion and if it is done on the forums it will be nuked.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 28 June 2018 - 03:23 AM.
Mod Edit: edited in quote.

#35 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 03:02 AM

I'm surprised disabling Picky Peck in WoE maps hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet. Should be much easier than banning the whole class...

as said having dorams be demi human would be nice. for balance purposes at least for less complications with minding different races in woe. as simple as that. im just not sure if it requires them time and resources from kRO to tag a whole race of characters into demi hume  :hmm:

#36 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 03:25 AM

And you wonder why we can't have a proper WoE related discussion.

Please remain on topic, further accusatory postings will be removed without notice.

#37 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 03:31 AM

Because making doram a demi-human would effectively shutdown the entire race. And we will be seeing a Sura rant thread instead. Doram requires an element of surprises as it only has one skill to cast and easily countered. You send in demi-human guys first then speed pot and in and PP unsuspecting victims. If anything they should ban trans candy long time ago.

Also I can attest, Asmrow. Every guild cheats in WoE. Wearing MVP cards is already cheating in my book as it gives significant unfair advantage over other users. Give 2kiel PP cat for example, the DPS is almost doubled, if anything that's worst than a guy with an average WoE set using autopot. And the last time I check there's no Kiel-D on the cash shop. Nobody wants to be a punch bag. So people cheats and still lose to experienced Gods/MVP users anyways like in Chakri's vid lmao. 

#38 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:in Night Club

Posted 28 June 2018 - 03:31 AM

BlackMeow!!! This is all your fault... Fix this now!!!  :pif:

#39 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 28 June 2018 - 03:33 AM

WoE already dead before Doram came to this server,

removing Doram wont change a thing, removing cheats yes.

Edited by Silvianna, 28 June 2018 - 03:34 AM.

#40 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 03:59 AM

removing cheats isnt gonna be a quick solution either tho. the ewe reward + overpowering ocp is hard to swallow too

#41 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 05:02 AM

Is it though?

I guess not even that since there is literally no challenge.

Hat simulator maybe?

@topic

Making Doram human is the easiest solution but again, selfish community and the devs don't care.

As far as i know even homuns are human ( or used to be )

#42 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:thor during woe

Posted 28 June 2018 - 07:05 AM

Hmm... (Unpopular opinion)

First: Change doram into Player status rather than human status. most woe set works at  ​player status and not demi human status. trust me, no one uses glorious set anymore and woe set is the most common preferable armor for woe. as well as the bellums will work at them if we turn them into players..not mosnters

second: Disable Dragon Claw helm and Rosary armor due to the fact it can be worn by Doram easily without any consequences, we keep complaining about doram being op if we got these leagues of OP item that totally makes our defence set obselete. Even you turn or disable doram, these items will plague the game with defence penetration which it will not resolve the case of woe imbalances because of those items. (only allowed: PDM.. BS gloves doesn't have any difficulty to reach an easy 50% defence penetration)

Third: Hi Game masters , campitor and vmods. when we can have our anti-cheat system? ROPH already have an anti-cheat system for less than a year xD

overall: I'm go for changing the doram to become player status from  monster status. and also, disabling some of the defence penetration items that doesn't promote consequences like what inca have. this will limit the number of players that have more than 50% defence penetration and making defence set relevant. and anti-cheat system because EC cell bugs, Autopotting..damn...they deserve Doram's picky peck

Edited by Icarus05, 28 June 2018 - 07:10 AM.

#43 tunwaia

tunwaia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationDreamland( aka Canada )
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 28 June 2018 - 07:10 AM

Wow a WOE thread  =D

I been playing in woe , same guild for 14 or better years now, started on Chaos first year of game...... watched  WOE actually get broken! and we lost so many amazing guilds that I find it hard to believe that nerfing or fixing any one class will do much to help WOE.

Sura's were all powerful till dorams landed and I must admit I am leveling one just so I can get revenge in woe!

The few of us guilds who do still woe would all love to see it restored to the pinnacle of the game again, sadly I see no easy fix.

Dorams at least being player or demi human would most likely help for woe, but what does it do to them over all?{ I do believe they are good for MVP's as well.}

I curse all through woe, getting one shot'd by lots of classes , or stripped by naughty SC's, but I keep trying to get in there and pray that Gravity can somehow revive it.

I wish more  guilds would simply try their luck !!! Try it you'll like it, nothing like playing against a monster, the rush of finally getting the guy who kills you all night!   Now that's a victory! 

but god gears used to be the whole reason to woe....... now with so many high powered gears available for cash......and I mean soooooooooooo many.... god gears have lost their appeal. we need something to attract more players for woe .

Personally I would rather run up against a cat then a sura  =/ 

See ya in Woe Milky  =DDD

As to anti cheating programs please , please implement them as soon as they are available.

Edited by tunwaia, 28 June 2018 - 07:13 AM.

#44 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 28 June 2018 - 07:13 AM

"I have full reducts, and over 200k HP and still get melted within seconds."

I got full mvp top high-end gears too, and I still got masked by SC for 15 seconds, capable to do nothing. We should ban SC first.

I got full mvp top high-end gears too, and I still got one-shot by GOH. We should ban Sura too.

Use your brain before you speak. With your logic, why not we ban everything. WoE is always a team game, not a single player game. Ask for pneuma if you got a mouth rofl.

This. I agree with ya bro.
Instead of ranting this op that op. I believe there was a thread long ago that they complain about SC and Sura. Karma lol

#45 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:thor during woe

Posted 28 June 2018 - 07:14 AM

I guess not even that since there is literally no challenge.

Hat simulator maybe?

@topic

Making Doram human is the easiest solution but again, selfish community and the devs don't care.

As far as i know even homuns are human ( or used to be )

Even though you will turn dorams into demi-humans, bellum, woe set will not work at them becaue dorams are set as Brute-Monsters, not Brute-Players.

that's why Bellum is useless at them. I reccomend it to change them into Brute-Players in order to work those items

Q1: why not demi-human-Players?

A1: well...we need some challenge right? xD its also ok but it will over-nerf. if we want it, we will redesign the whole class to work properly without getting over-nerf or overpowered, remember Rune knight Dragon breath build? that is what we are avoiding

#46 Sataground

Sataground

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 702 posts
  • LocationMedan

Posted 28 June 2018 - 07:15 AM

grab popcron  :heh:

#47 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 07:29 AM

Even though you will turn dorams into demi-humans, bellum, woe set will not work at them becaue dorams are set as Brute-Monsters, not Brute-Players.

that's why Bellum is useless at them. I reccomend it to change them into Brute-Players in order to work those items

Q1: why not demi-human-Players?

A1: well...we need some challenge right? xD its also ok but it will over-nerf. if we want it, we will redesign the whole class to work properly without getting over-nerf or overpowered, remember Rune knight Dragon breath build? that is what we are avoiding

Being brute player is a good start to see how things will work.

But i doubt this is going to solve the problem and like people said, Sura's and SC's are also a problem.

As much as i hate doram, if they balance the class, they need to balance GOH/TC and MASQ as well, sadly it's just a dream to find just a bit balance in this game

#48 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 07:34 AM

+1 to the obvious fix of making Dorams count for WoE set + Bellum weapons (while still also working for brute race effects/items). 

The question I have here is why are we not doing that? 

I have a lot of issues with the class, and have said as much when the class was first introduced to our server, but it is what it is. Gravity has given up on pretending that they know how to design game content, so we have to work with what's given to us. 

What is the reason that WP/iRO cannot independently set that state for the Dorams? Do we have to wait for a specific update or is it something that we just don't know how to do? 

#49 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 28 June 2018 - 07:36 AM

Where is Chakri, when we needed him the most as Kitties Exterminator :heh:

#50 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 28 June 2018 - 07:57 AM

Disable the double proc in woe is a start.

If you make them demi human they'll do no damage at all. They need to be completely reworked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users