21 replies to this topic

#1 gkelly

gkelly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 04:33 PM

Has anyone tried it for GX?

Like instead of using 3xHF RTE or some other equipment like that since i can`t afford a EDA. I am thinking about ME build.

Rideword +4 for now

Dark Blinder

Toy Syringe

Elemental Armor

3xHF RTE

1xKaho 1xCaramel +7 Fire Crimson Dagger

Nid Garb with Raydric

+7 Enforcer Shoes

Valkyrie Drop

Chambered RWC FS2 ATK3% LUK+1

My status build right now:

90 STR

75 AGI

88 VIT

1 INT

81 DEX

1 LUK

This will be my farming GX, it`s level 122 for now, i have a +11 HF Thanatos Katar and +9 Temp STR FS7 Lucky Day on storage and don`t know if i should keep it or sell it.

I tried scaraba 2 and with 81 dex and 383 hit was missing a lot, so i am kinda worried about NCT leveling later on too. I want to focus on getting max level first then i will focus on farming gear.

Any kind of tip or insight is appreciated.

#2 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts
  • LocationPadepokan Pencak Silat
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 02 July 2018 - 08:06 PM

Keep the temp. str lucky day if you plan to invest on temporal rings and saving some zeny, it's second best temporal boots type to maximize your gx crit damage after temporal luk lucky day.

People are raking the prices of dormant temporal boots lately, since temporal rings introduction in OCP XIX.

#3 ZanRen

ZanRen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationTustin, CA
  • Server:Thor

Posted 02 July 2018 - 09:12 PM

try cheap nab clothes with FS enchants for extra hit

or cheap rogue's treasure for extra hit

maybe also ancient shadow armor if you can afford it for extra hit

military ration B?? for +33 hit too. exchange some eden badges for bravery badges?? forgot the badges names. not the kvm one.

+ more base lvl awards more hit

your hf thana katar + +4rideword should be enough for leveling. try using converters if you arent using them to kill faster. one shotting in scarab should be possible.

#4 gkelly

gkelly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 07:57 AM

Keep the temp. str lucky day if you plan to invest on temporal rings and saving some zeny, it's second best temporal boots type to maximize your gx crit damage after temporal luk lucky day.

People are raking the prices of dormant temporal boots lately, since temporal rings introduction in OCP XIX.

I haven`t thought about that for now, this GX was made in 2015 with DD Crit intended, but i am REALLY liking this MA build for now. Is there any disadvantage or something i should take care about?

try cheap nab clothes with FS enchants for extra hit

or cheap rogue's treasure for extra hit

maybe also ancient shadow armor if you can afford it for extra hit

military ration B?? for +33 hit too. exchange some eden badges for bravery badges?? forgot the badges names. not the kvm one.

+ more base lvl awards more hit

your hf thana katar + +4rideword should be enough for leveling. try using converters if you arent using them to kill faster. one shotting in scarab should be possible.

I reset my stats for 90 dex 60 luck reducing some agi and vit and i got 413 base hit now, much better!

About the katar i'm not using it right now, haven't tested it but my RTE actually had only 2 HF, i bought another and it makes a good difference on the rate and amount of leech, hitting for 30-40k i need 2 shots to kill both the scarabas and i leech more than half of my HP. The Thanatos would leech SP more frequently but i think HP is more important right now since i don`t have much  HP and want to minimize slim usage, nid is helping with SP too.

Now, i got another question, for MA damage, what is better: Quad carded Main Gauche, Dual carded Highly refined(Up to +9 max for now i believe) Crimson weapon or Triple carded RTE? I saw an GX on Scaraba doing 100k per MA and he was using a Main Gauche(Probably with shield spell too but i don't know). He didn't have ATK accessories i believe.

#5 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 03 July 2018 - 08:21 AM

I haven`t thought about that for now, this GX was made in 2015 with DD Crit intended, but i am REALLY liking this MA build for now. Is there any disadvantage or something i should take care about?

the unique 0.3sec Fix Cast Time.
if you're using Valk Drop to reduce FCT, it'll be gone in October. enjoy while it last

Now, i got another question, for MA damage, what is better: Quad carded Main Gauche, Dual carded Highly refined(Up to +9 max for now i believe) Crimson weapon or Triple carded RTE? I saw an GX on Scaraba doing 100k per MA and he was using a Main Gauche(Probably with shield spell too but i don't know). He didn't have ATK accessories i believe.

Triple Boned RTE main hand
Quad Caramel knife off-hand
i guess. that's it. dont waste your bmx3 time doing shield spell, get enough damage and done.
toggle your offhand weapon if you need leech? or get a +10 EDA

#6 gkelly

gkelly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 08:40 AM

the unique 0.3sec Fix Cast Time.
if you're using Valk Drop to reduce FCT, it'll be gone in October. enjoy while it last

Triple Boned RTE main hand
Quad Caramel knife off-hand
i guess. that's it. dont waste your bmx3 time doing shield spell, get enough damage and done.
toggle your offhand weapon if you need leech? or get a +10 EDA

Actually i bought it because it was cheap and it seemed useful, but i don't really know how much difference it makes, i play with 200+ms ping so i don`t know if it`s actually worth using. That goes for the OBC too, but i'm not even thinking about that right now.

EDA will be a goal for later on, i think i'm actually fine right now. Thanks for the help.

Edited by gkelly, 03 July 2018 - 11:05 AM.

#7 gkelly

gkelly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 07:02 AM

Update guys, i am level 136 and i am thinking about NCT already.

I have about 200m in zeny+ -_- items plus those gear.

+4 Rideword

Toy Syringe

+8 MBTA

+11 HF Thanatos Katar

+6 3xBoned RTE Sharp3(ran out of silvervine) / +8 2xKaho 2xCaramel Knife / +7 FS5 3xHF RTE

Immune Nidhogg

+7 Enforcer Shoes

Valkyrie Drop

RWC Ring 3% ATK FS2 LUK+1

With this setup i still lack enough attack to one-shot the Rake Scaraba and doing calculations on calculator.pandanjam.com i will severely lack damage on NCT(3 shot) without at least +9 Happy Flapping and +7 Wakwak garment(2shot) or another garment with Wakwak card.

I also heard it's really expensive to go from +8 to +9 using HD Elu and Blessings and i don't have the money to upgrade the MBTA(actually, should i sell it when i hit 150? maybe can buy a Happy Flapping). I also am worried about expending too much on consumables(slims and strawberries).

What should i do, should i try like this? Should i go for RC instead? Unfortunately i am unemployed and can't buy KP.

Edited by gkelly, 05 July 2018 - 07:03 AM.

#8 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 July 2018 - 07:44 AM

Your goal is to start with what you have, if you can 3 shot them, that's already good,just make sure you improve as you go if you can. I remember I 175 my first gx in nct with waaaaayyy less gear and Bounty boards than we have right now. So go for it. You will do good,you already are.

#9 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 09:08 AM

you need flapping for sure.
MBTA is good, if you can keep it

grind more scaraba level up more before going to NCT. grab the weapons, turn into energy fraq to sell and fund your gears
do take note that the hit requirement is pretty high for level 150 gx, if you dont plan to spend on +20dex food. i suggest you going there at 160
& lastly keep to MA, save ur cost on EDP

#10 gkelly

gkelly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 09:43 AM

Your goal is to start with what you have, if you can 3 shot them, that's already good,just make sure you improve as you go if you can. I remember I 175 my first gx in nct with waaaaayyy less gear and Bounty boards than we have right now. So go for it. You will do good,you already are.

I was wondering because i can pick between leech and level maybe almost for free or doing lots of damage faster, but using more money to get the most of the exp + monster token event, but i think i managed to get a good build, i'll reply on the comment below.

you need flapping for sure.
MBTA is good, if you can keep it

grind more scaraba level up more before going to NCT. grab the weapons, turn into energy fraq to sell and fund your gears
do take note that the hit requirement is pretty high for level 150 gx, if you dont plan to spend on +20dex food. i suggest you going there at 160
& lastly keep to MA, save ur cost on EDP

I was doing some calculations and i got as follow if my calculations are accurate and the irowiki calc is too:

LVL 150 Job 40~44(not sure), i would have base 440 hit without gear(is the irowiki calc accurate for hit?)

117 STR

60 AGI

90 VIT

1 INT

90 DEX

60 LUK

with:

+4 Ride

+8 MBTA

+6 RTE 3xSW ~ +7 RTE 3xHF FS5

+7 Wakwak Cape w/ Raydric

+7 Enforcer Boots

RWC Ring FS2 ATK+3% LUK+1

Valkyrie Drop

So i did this calculation(some values seem to be lower than it will actually be bc i forgot to include):

Spoiler Calc

If i did the calculations correctly(it was very accurate when i did my scaraba dmg calc), i can both 3shot and leech HP!

With that setup(if it's correct) will i still need Flapping(with the damage it's possible to reduce to 2 cast i believe but i've read that u need DR card to tank a good mob, raydric really can't handle it?)? I watched some videos and it seems people only do the Big Bell BB so i think i'll be fine with the hit-rate.

And by the way just so i don't have to make another post/thread later, with MVP power-up(the 2*hit thing) and the requirement of getting OBC lvl3 enchant, it seems this build is inviable end-game, is that right? If so, what would be a cheap build for entry-level Katar/DD MVP? I was thinking of keeping Thana and getting a Crimson Holy Katar, upgrading MBTA to +9 and swapping Enforcer for Temp Luk.

Edited by gkelly, 05 July 2018 - 02:46 PM.

#11 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 06:56 PM

you might want to try oni horns though, you can level up to 150 w/o the need of EDP since u 1 shot monsters (w/ the right element)

#12 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 05 July 2018 - 07:12 PM

^same thing with MA 

#13 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 04:01 PM

With his gears, nope. Anyway to OP, you can try oni horns,works both for your MA and CS if you are going to try it. Better than your ridewordb+4 since ur also having hit problems. Oni has +25 hit i think or was it 15 and hp leech

Edited by CadburyChocolate, 06 July 2018 - 04:03 PM.

#14 gkelly

gkelly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 04:00 PM

With his gears, nope. Anyway to OP, you can try oni horns,works both for your MA and CS if you are going to try it. Better than your ridewordb+4 since ur also having hit problems. Oni has +25 hit i think or was it 15 and hp leech

I am level 145 now and got 435 base HIT, i saw that people only do Big Bell on NCT and it's 467 for 100% hit, i should be fine, right? It's +15 hit +15 atk, but the main reason i was using the RW was for the SP leech, since it's 1% more proc chance, working with 1% + 1% from nid + 5% from thana(2shot scaraba with converter) and i basically didn't have to use slims/straw unless i was fighting the scaraba queen or had some bad leech luck.

Now, my calculations above are wrong(don't follow it pls) bc on divine-pride it says big bell has 111k hp but it actually has 167k :p_sad: and no matter how much DMG i can fit on my budget( i have like 600m) the best i got on http://calculator.pandanjam.com(it's giving me less damage than i actually do with my actual gear) is 3-shot w/ MBTA+9, Wakwak Manteau +7,  my RTE x3 SW + offhand w/ 4 Peco Egg, but then i am almost 100% sure i will have to spend more money on potions with only Rideword/Oni Horns for leeching. If i keep my leech setup it's 5-shot. I guess i'll try with what i have right now and see how it goes, reaching 150 very soon anyway.

Edited by gkelly, 08 July 2018 - 03:43 PM.

#15 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:05 AM

great! MA is the way to go.

dont listen to those telling you to go RC,

Spoiler

#16 AsriXII

AsriXII

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 08:53 AM

I level my gx using rc build. when my hp drop below 30% i just cloaking exceed and switch to rudolp hairband to eat carrot. When there is too much mob and i almost die, i just fly wing to eat some more carrot. Its was pain in the ass. If i gonna make another gx, i definitely go for MA build

#17 gkelly

gkelly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 01:37 PM

Ok guys, hit 150 and am coming to report: With my gear you can pull up to 3 big bells and be kinda safe, but they really hurt, with 4 you'll probably pot. Definitely need those Happy Flapping at least +7 i think, to level comfortably.

The damage from 3xSW +6 RTE w/ Thana Dagger on offhand was basically the same as the Thanatos Katar.

I am selling some trash to try buying one +0 and then upgrading it.

#18 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 July 2018 - 06:53 PM

https://www.youtube....LGKaGpgoVw&t=6s

This was my equips back in the day with 0 OCP's. This is also how I leveled him up to 175.

#19 gkelly

gkelly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 01:26 PM

Guys, i will reach 175 soon and i've read a little on the forum but couldn't come to a conclusion, this is my actual gear: https://imgur.com/phNDyXt

I have those items and about 400m to spare, 320m if u count the stat reset price, shadow gear i only have a spellflow set.

My goal is to make money, what build should i follow / what should i change to make this character able to farm instances, etc? I really don't know where to start when i reach 175 and i can't really buy KP right now.

This is somewhat near what i was thinking about: http://calc.irowiki....vptyULpC1a8AQ==

I thought about Crit Katar build with sidewinder until i can afford something better, any help is appreciated.

Edited by gkelly, 11 July 2018 - 01:45 PM.

#20 Hogbae

Hogbae

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1247 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:16 PM

Guys, i will reach 175 soon and i've read a little on the forum but couldn't come to a conclusion, this is my actual gear: https://imgur.com/phNDyXt

I have those items and about 400m to spare, 320m if u count the stat reset price, shadow gear i only have a spellflow set.

My goal is to make money, what build should i follow / what should i change to make this character able to farm instances, etc? I really don't know where to start when i reach 175 and i can't really buy KP right now.

This is somewhat near what i was thinking about: http://calc.irowiki....vptyULpC1a8AQ==

I thought about Crit Katar build with sidewinder until i can afford something better, any help is appreciated.

You can easily farm OGH, Hazy Forest, and prolly HTF using an Evil Armor with those stats and gears untill you slowly gather up zeny. If you are able to get a Faceworm Egg Shell you can add Faceworm in that list too. Doing these dailies should be good money income.

#21 gkelly

gkelly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:26 AM

You can easily farm OGH, Hazy Forest, and prolly HTF using an Evil Armor with those stats and gears untill you slowly gather up zeny. If you are able to get a Faceworm Egg Shell you can add Faceworm in that list too. Doing these dailies should be good money income.

I started doing OGH, i can do Sky Fortress too but idk if it's worth(is it? i can't kill the minibosses or stefan, but i can farm VM), i tried HTF just now but i severely lacked damage D: 18k per RC, couldn't kill her fast enough when she starts to enrage unfortunately, but i was wondering if i could do Hazy Forest already, now i know, thanks!!

#22 AsriXII

AsriXII

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:11 AM

Hazy forest is not hard but the maze is pain in the ash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users