Costume Stone Exchanger (Katnipped) is Critically Bugged - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Costume Stone Exchanger (Katnipped) is Critically Bugged

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 4664180423171049233

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 06:12 AM

It looks like Katnipped, the costume stone exchanger in Malangdo, doesn't work.  He's supposed to take three copies of the same costume enchantment stone in return for a random costume enchantment stone.  But, no matter which stone I provide three of, he simply replies "You don't have enough!"  In each case, his preview window confirms that I have three copies of the stone.

So far I've tried: 

• Mid Stone Upper x 3
  • Luk Stone Upper x 3
  • Flee Stone Bottom x 3

Out of curiosity, I also tried the menu options for stones I don't have three (or any) copies of.  These generally work as you would expect, but the behavior of the "ASPD Stone Garment" option is weird: Choose that option, and Katnipped will take every enchantment stone from your inventory and then return them to you.

So, something is up...

Incidentally, it looks like he's also missing some costume enchantment stone options, like "Magic Stone (Slot 3)."  Guessing these haven't been added yet.

Edited by 4664180423171049233, 08 July 2018 - 06:22 AM.

#2 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 July 2018 - 06:22 AM

Thank you for the report.

This is an ongoing bug with the NPC, it has yet to be fixed.

Earlier report exists here.

#3 Orthogon

Orthogon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 490 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 July 2018 - 04:18 PM

The NPC works, the problem is that all the menu items are labeled wrong. This is because the very first item in the list appears twice. Guide starting from the top of his list:

Recovery Stone Upper - Choose this if you have 3 Recovery Stone Upper

Recovery Stone Upper - Choose this if you have 3 Recovery Skill Stone Upper

Recovery Skill Stone Upper - Choose this if you have 3 Recovery Stone Mid

Recovery Stone Mid - Choose this if you have 3 [stone under that one in the list]

etc.

Whatever kind of stone you are trying to trade, select the item ABOVE that stone in the list to do the exchange.

#4 Orthogon

Orthogon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 01:32 PM

Just tried the NPC, first time after this week's maintenance. Now even if you select the correct (wrong label) index, he just takes your stones and gives nothing back.

#5 VModCoconut

VModCoconut

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 174 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 04:31 PM

Just tried the NPC, first time after this week's maintenance. Now even if you select the correct (wrong label) index, he just takes your stones and gives nothing back.

I'm bringing this issue up to Camp right now. Unfortunately if you have lost items to a bug with this NPC you may have to send in a ticket to have them refunded.

#6 Orthogon

Orthogon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 07:00 PM

Sorry but it's not worth the hassle of going through the horrible ticket system. I will just eat the loss. The responses to the last ticket I submitted might as well have been from a kafra npc.

#7 Orthogon

Orthogon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 04:08 PM

I apologize, this is inaccurate. The missing stones were the result of user error - I was just looking on the cart of the character I had tried trading stones with on the quoted post and saw the stones I thought I had lost in the cart.

I assume that I had failed to take them out before talking to the npc earlier and there is no message after making the selection in the list to indicate that the character is missing the items to trade.

I just tested again and the npc is working as before, select the menu item above the type of stone you have to trade.

*is humiliated*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users