MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:36 AM

When I started in iRO back in 2014, my first character was the awesome looking RG. I was sooooo excited about it, about mvping, and just owning everything in my path.

Shortly after I became RG, and as I gathered equipment, I quickly realize how difficult, troublesome and inconvenient it would be to become a decent RG and even then, I wouldn't be able to properly deal with agi up mvps, etc.

I got discouraged and I switched to other classes after realizing the above. The "potential" for an RG is huge, but it is overshadowed by the lack of prefect hit equips vs other clases, plus the silly after cast delay from OB, the tedious Canon spear angles, inspiration's 1% reflect to yourself among other stuffs.

RG is not the go to tank, although it should be, and cannot properly assist a party, defensively or offensively without being over shadowed by other classes.

There is more I could say about RG weaknesses and strengths but I would like to ask, if you see the future of RG brighter than myself or if you also think that it is crippled at this point in time?

Let's talk about it...

Edited by MoyuZ777, 13 July 2018 - 08:37 AM.

#2 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:08 PM

Try not to drop sarcastic truth, I try real hard ... sorry ... never mind, RG is incredibly OP. Many people including cheaters who died to my RG in WoE still think RG is OP until today even WoE is in a past now.

In seriousness, RG will be crippled and forgotten. On a + side, RG is not as weak as Wandy/String. RG is probably more common than Mechanic. It's fair to rename this section to RK section because there are no RG mains/vets left. RG threads usually get ignored and unanswered. I dont answer because I dont want to see anyone suffer the dilemma after they struggle hard to reach level 175 just to have to re-roll. One reason why I have been making less RG videos because I dont want to give false hope. I'm glad you switched to play Gen. Playing RG requires only passion and love. That's all about it.

RG is a jack of all trade. It can do pretty much everything in moderate, but that is it.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 13 July 2018 - 03:13 PM.

#3 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts
  • LocationPadepokan Pencak Silat
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:12 PM

I think you haven't properly explored all RG pros and cons

Pros

RG is the best individual and party ranged tanker, even better than any mental strength sura since they can still use other skills under DA state.

RG is the best all directions tanker / damage absorber when coupled with high dps wide AoE classes (Warlocks, DBRK, etc) and best all directions tanker for other vital class (healer, buffer, debuffer) inside a party.

The other vital class can focus on their task without worry of dying because of RG sacrifice skill while wide AoE DPS can focus on obliterating anything on their path and flexibly move. RG doesn't even need to bother aggro-ing the mobs like what sura did.

RG and RK are 2 class with one class roots that can achieve highest perfect hit among other class, even before the introduction of Phreeoni card-wings combo and verus core.

RG is the class that can fully optimize the usage of any spears and shields because most of their skills revolve around these equipments, even when they still in lesser class (crusader & paladin).

RG is one of a few class that is pretty strong when banding together with other RG, The other class (Warlocks, Archbishops, Performers) that share these abilities are pretty limited.

Cons

RG class heavily relied on spear and shield equipments while there's few upper-tier spears and upper-tier shields choice to facilitate RG skills before the ocp days. There's also only few other RG equippable weapon that can match the optimum effect of a spears for specific situation, e.g Thor's Hammer aka Mjolnir (mace).

#4 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:32 PM

perfect hit 50% by gungnir + 1 verus core bro.

#5 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:42 PM

Black, I appreciate it bro but it kind of proofs my point.

#6 powerhausman

powerhausman

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:23 PM

perfect hit 50% by gungnir + 1 verus core bro.

this^

people still rant about agi up mvps?

come on guys, you just dont want to swap gears

preowing, vcore, gungnir

you guys just dont want to lose sight of that 999999 dmg on your screens now a days

Edited by powerhausman, 13 July 2018 - 07:23 PM.

#7 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:39 PM

"Kill the Boss/MvP instantly before they attempt to use any agi-up"  -Chakri Elite A.D 2018- :rice:

#8 powerhausman

powerhausman

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:42 PM

"Kill the Boss/MvP instantly before they attempt to use any agi-up"  -Chakri Elite A.D 2018- :rice:

that's a better tactic

but pls no more whining about agi-up mvps pls

#9 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:00 PM

It's Moyuz, not me that whine about agi-up MvPs :heh:

Besides RG still have Exceed Break in their Arsenal to deal with Agi-Up MVP/Boss

#10 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:09 PM

But to do that, RG needs powerful gears (big investment). Competitively, Gen and GX can do that too and with lots less investments. RG easily needs 10x more investment to be on pair with Gen/GX lol

Using Crit EB to kill the agi-up MvP is not possible. Crit EB and VP/CS require a total different build and gears. People already complain switching few gears in WoE, now imagine to competely switch from VP/CS to EB, you'll probably switch over 5+ gears. A more reasonable approach is through MR which never misses but ... lol that skill also takes a lot of skill pre.re.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 13 July 2018 - 08:11 PM.

#11 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:26 PM

My RG status build currently went through 120 LUK and 120 STR and moderate amount of other stats (Agi, Vit, Dex)

I might tone down my STR when imperial feather is here, and switch to 120 AGI - LUK instead :heh:

#12 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:33 PM

Have fun casting EB with that Str/Luck 120 build lol

Imperial Feather sucks :c

Edited by ChakriGuard, 13 July 2018 - 08:33 PM.

#13 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:37 PM

Can be handled through switching to caster gears temporarily, I love switching gears around in accordance to situation I faced :heh:

Currently it took 4 equipment pieces (headgear, garment, shoes, single accessory) switch just to reap 100% VCT reductions benefit

or

3 equipment pieces (headgear, garment, shoes) switch to reap 90% VCT reductions benefit, but 4 gears to switch back on main gears for skills that behave like exceed break.

Can took less equipment switch (2 piece switch : shoes, single accessory) if you had pair of big-mouth accessory (beelz), but I think not worth the costs :heh:

Edited by DataDrain, 13 July 2018 - 09:26 PM.

#14 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 05:08 AM

If PvP & WoE are alive and well, I think you wouldn't make this thread
just look at the best RGs in our server and evaluate.
there's Holidays, Chakri & GoN. They're the strongest RGs I've seen.

You could say that they would sometimes own parties and kill tough opponents.
I dont know if you know King, but he's that sura in PvP who kills everyone but doesn't bother fighting GoN.
That's saying something about the class.

FLEE has always been RG's main weakness. That was before.
As soon as Acute enchant & certain OCPs came, this was addressed.
Exceed Break, Pinpoint & Perfect Hit are your friends.
Also, Earth Drive is an extremely underrated skill, I've only realized how useful it is only recently.

In my case though, FLEE has not been a problem as i only started MVPing with RG very late (Lvl175 & modern gears).
In MVPing, I've always had a 5 VP per second delay which always kills them before they use AGI UP.
I also never bothered fighting Randgris cause I avoid strong magic monsters.
But Chakri already showed how to one shot her, although that needs MoT & Gloom.

RG excels more in PvP & WoE than in PvM. It doesn't mean it sucks in PvM though.
It's actually a strong class.
The remaining weakness I think is AoE DPS and AoE range.
OB and Cannon Spear are both narrow & small AoEs.
But at least CS has been buffed and OB is naturally strong.

Up until now, the thing that has always hampered the class is the server's stubborn skill delay with mouse click.
in jRO, RGs do 7 VPs per second.
kRO, they do 5 VPs per second.
Here, you could do the same speed as kRO, but you need a bathory sprite and AHK.
Its weird but skills without mouse click (Magnum Break, RC, etc), you could do 7 per second no problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users