Seriously do something about reflect leveling - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Seriously do something about reflect leveling

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

#1 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 14 July 2018 - 01:32 PM

People expect to get something out of nothing. Why do you even bother playing the game? You ruin the game as the cheaters do. The spawns get so bad I can barely get one turn per manual. When there is no reflect levelers on the map I get 2.5. I don't mind sharing the map, if there are fast enough killers it can even go faster. It's grieving other players. Increase the spawn rates in those areas or ban reflect leveling.

The amount of money you spend on those gears will get you a whole set of active leveling gear. What's worse the dev team encourages it with these new items.

#2 Hogbae

Hogbae

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1247 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 July 2018 - 02:30 PM

I feel so demotivated to grind anywhere outside TI... Please increase the mobspawn in those maps so people who invested their money in these sets won't be too much affected. :(

#3 bielzinpk

bielzinpk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:56 PM

just for reference, i was doing like 1,5 BB on Scaraba with the afkasters so you had to complete one to pop a bmx3, turn it and then complete only one more, but when the server opens after maintenance i could do like 4 BB in a BMx3, even Nogg became slow because of the afkasters.

#4 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 04:03 PM

Do you even know what reflect leveling is? How is that cheating? And what a nice root cause analysis, very stupeed.

#5 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 04:24 PM

Do you even know what reflect leveling is? How is that cheating? And what a nice root cause analysis, very stupeed.

lrn2 read, they are just as bad. Both are bad afk or not. Spend your money on stuff that lets you kill fast.

The majority hate reflect levelers as it breaks the spawn.

Edited by ShoLin, 14 July 2018 - 04:27 PM.

#6 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 14 July 2018 - 05:50 PM

So you are pretty much asking for a general ban on whoever doesnt have a kill speed that satisfy your own need, cool.

Edited by Ashuckel, 14 July 2018 - 05:51 PM.

#7 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 14 July 2018 - 05:59 PM

take justice into your own hands and send bloody branches at em.

:D

#8 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:04 PM

So you are pretty much asking for a general ban on whoever doesnt have a kill speed that satisfy your own need, cool.

You say I can't read =/

Ban them because they are bugging the spawn.

That'd require people to be smart and read the patcher. So at least disable till a fix.

The amount of money they spend on the reflect leveling gear can get them a full set for leveling.

Edited by ShoLin, 14 July 2018 - 06:08 PM.

#9 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:07 PM

reflect doesnt bug the spawn

#10 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:10 PM

reflect doesnt bug the spawn

Seriously? are you daft? Look at the areas where they are, there is a serious decrease in spawn rate. Take them away and have even more active players, guess what? The spawn is fine.

It's not even the reflect levelers holding the spawns. The spawns are just not there anymore.

Edited by ShoLin, 14 July 2018 - 06:11 PM.

#11 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:14 PM

That is an isse that happens on killing monsters. If they happen to get set to respawn on a dead cell, they dont.

This wasnt noticed on iRO because leveling areas outside of TI are pretty much empty all the time. But it happens all the time on other servers where the maps are actual leveling areas.

At most, the only way that reflect "worsens" this is by being 24/7 there killing monsters, and thus forcing respawns, and thus continuing to roll this dice.

Edited by Ashuckel, 14 July 2018 - 06:15 PM.

#12 VModCoconut

VModCoconut

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 174 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:34 PM

Let's not degrade into name calling and inciting unwelcome action on other players.

Campitor had stated that as of now he does not know the reason for the spawns not respawning properly. AFK killers are easy to blame but correlation does not always mean causation. Until an official cause has been discovered, everything is speculation. 

#13 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:36 PM

It's not a dead cell issue, then it would be an issue when they aren't there. This only happens when they are on the map.

5-6 reflect levelers and 1 active leveler on the map there is no mobs. They aren't even holding a majority of them.

0 reflect levelers and 8 active killers and the mobs are fine.

If it was as you said, it would be an easy fix. It's not so they have no idea how to fix it. It's theorized that it has to do when you freeze them.

This was argued with you before and you never want to listen and you have to get in the final word. It's very obnoxious. If you have something constructive stay, if not please leave the conversation.

#14 KingPoring86

KingPoring86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationPoring Island
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:36 PM

Nahhh ... my guessing is that we kill them too fast ? lol ... thus making the spawn rate bug ?  :heh:

#15 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:39 PM

Let's not degrade into name calling and inciting unwelcome action on other players.

Campitor had stated that as of now he does not know the reason for the spawns not respawning properly. AFK killers are easy to blame but correlation does not always mean causation. Until an official cause has been discovered, everything is speculation. 

Evidence points towards reflect levelers. Spawn is broken in nog when they are there. Spawn is broken in scrabas when they are there. Disable those gears and you'll able to tell right away.

Nahhh ... my guessing is that we kill them too fast ? lol ... thus making the spawn rate bug ?  :heh:

Nah a bunch of us are killing very fast and mob is fine.

#16 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:43 PM

It would be extremely uncanny if it was just a "respawn on dead cell" issue, since that should also occur literally everywhere and especially in areas where many monsters are killed per second. Yet it wasn't really noticed before despite thousands of monsters being killed -- like say in Nightmare Clock Tower, which also has a ton of dead cells -- ever, and only lately is it consistently noticed by multiple people. I don't think it's just the reflect aspect of it, I think it may be related to the skills being used/auto-cast.

For my own opinion I can't help but notice that freezing is concurrent to any area where the issue seems to be occuring. No clue if it's causal, and while VMCoconut is right in that correlation =/= causation... but correlation is a prerequisite to causation. I see no reason not to investigate some of those things, unless WP is on it and just isn't vocal about it. 

I do also recall low TI sometimes having this issue, and particularly with the bugged sprite problem. I wish I could remember the posts Ren had about it, but it was something to the effect of "the game counts them as spawned despite them not being there". 

Edited by mildcontempt, 14 July 2018 - 06:45 PM.

#17 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:51 PM

Those ghost mobs in TI usually spawned after being killed by storm gust.
I dunnoif similar issue happens if they are suffered frozen from other source such as frost nova or frost diver.

#18 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:53 PM

I do recall some of the bugged sprites having the freezing icon (the one from Dragon Breath I think) over their heads. 

#19 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 07:35 PM

"You should play the way I want you to play"

*sigh*, I have yet to play an MMO where I have not seen one of those.

#20 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 07:54 PM

"You should play the way I want you to play"

*sigh*, I have yet to play an MMO where I have not seen one of those.

So I can KS you over and over and you wouldn't care?

No matter which way you look at it reflect leveling at high level monsters is griefing people. By holding the mobs for long periods of time or the possibility of bugging the monsters. Grief is grief.

As for not killing fast enough, do you know what I do in other mmo's? If I can't kill at a decent rate, I'll get to a higher level or get gear where I can kill at a decent rate. Don't hold others back because of your inabilities or what conveniences yourself.

Are you even "playing" if you're not even there?

#21 Hogbae

Hogbae

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1247 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 07:57 PM

There was a thread about this a while ago. People were complaining that the mob spawn or the mob number was bugged back then...

I just hope they increase the mob in these maps. Win win for all the actives and afk players.

#22 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 07:59 PM

Increasing the spawn is only a temp fix. The extras will bug out as well.

#23 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 14 July 2018 - 08:09 PM

There was a thread about this a while ago. People were complaining that the mob spawn or the mob number was bugged back then...

I just hope they increase the mob in these maps. Win win for all the actives and afk players.

which leads to fruitless investigation. i doubt if they even do investigation at all. 

#24 Hogbae

Hogbae

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1247 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 08:27 PM

which leads to fruitless investigation. i doubt if they even do investigation at all. 

I think that it leads to no investigation at all actually. Lol Even though they said "they'll look into it".

But meh, they can do no investigation and just increase the mobs to 2x or 3x. That'll do. /heh

#25 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 09:14 PM

If they could somehow refresh the map (without causing a full kick out) every now and again it would be an ok bandaid until the root cause is found. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users