Seriously do something about reflect leveling - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Seriously do something about reflect leveling

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

#26 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 July 2018 - 09:33 PM

As far as I know, "refreshing" map spawn will require zone restart, this should be done at extremely critical situations as it may bug things out for active logged players.

It is speculated that AFK leveling is the cause of spawn decrease, this is at least for Chaos server. It has not been proven nor denied from the server/staff end. Technically speaking, the scenario must be mimicked to get the bug properly investigated in terms of AFK kills.

I have no info if the staff has started their investigation yet, can inquire about the same next week.

#27 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3525 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 09:38 PM

bandaid fix is probably just disable those reflect gears on a certain map just like mad bunny inside woe castles

#28 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:53 PM

That would tell if it's the reflect gear or not.

#29 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 11:47 PM

Reminder,

Please stay on topic, non constructive, going personal, flame-baiting and off topic will be handled accordingly.

Number of posts have been removed.

#30 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 15 July 2018 - 12:00 AM

Reminder,

Please stay on topic, non constructive, going personal, flame-baiting and off topic will be handled accordingly.

Number of posts have been removed.

Any reasons why they cant just temporarily ban reflect gears and see if the spawning problems are solved. This should not be hard. Try left and right until they can pinpoint it.

#31 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 12:36 AM

Any reasons why they cant just temporarily ban reflect gears and see if the spawning problems are solved. This should not be hard. Try left and right until they can pinpoint it.

I honestly don't know if they can disable the reflect portion off the script in means to test, let's assume they can then they will have to go through each item. That again would be the case, IF, there is no global flag per zone/map for this specific call.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 15 July 2018 - 12:36 AM.

#32 doge1

doge1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 01:31 AM

Serious question. Is it wrong to "KS" those afker?

#33 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 July 2018 - 01:31 AM

GMs could just test this on Sakray right? Ideal situation is station characters in a small map long enough so you could see if there would be any effect or not :v

#34 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 01:53 AM

Serious question. Is it wrong to "KS" those afker?

I'd personally suggest against engaging in kill stealing this unpopular way of leveling, it won't make the situation any better.

GMs could just test this on Sakray right? Ideal situation is station characters in a small map long enough so you could see if there would be any effect or not :v

Yes, ideally and if possible unused map on live servers with autocast gears on test characters being set idle the whole week.

Mod notice:

Saying that, further comments on moderation actions will not be tolerated. If there is an issue or a post that requires our attention to report it immediately using "Report" button.

Thank you :)

More posts removed.

#35 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4114 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 03:06 AM

Just KS them moderately

#36 Hogbae

Hogbae

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1247 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 04:45 AM

As far as I know, "refreshing" map spawn will require zone restart, this should be done at extremely critical situations as it may bug things out for active logged players.
It is speculated that AFK leveling is the cause of spawn decrease, this is at least for Chaos server. It has not been proven nor denied from the server/staff end. Technically speaking, the scenario must be mimicked to get the bug properly investigated in terms of AFK kills.

I have no info if the staff has started their investigation yet, can inquire about the same next week.

Could you suggest double or triple mobs in those maps too? This would benefit everyone, the afk-ers and the active players. And motivate people to level/explore outside grampa TI.

Edited by Hogbae, 15 July 2018 - 04:47 AM.

#37 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 15 July 2018 - 04:50 AM

Double/triple spawn should be addressed to ALL map. Doing for certain maps means you kill other maps completely.

“Hey, why should people level in nameless since scaraboobs got perma triple spawn! No need to think to level somewhere, just scara scara scara until 150!”

#38 Carboy

Carboy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 05:01 AM

first of all, an afk set is not cheap

second, why do you tell people how to play the game ?

third, if warpportal implemented the autocast items and we use it wisely, why ban it? that would cause a HUGE refund propaganda if it gets banned

fourth, just play the game and enjoy it the way you like <3

also, if you hate AFK LEVELING why focus on one where you can just REMOVE the mercenary system and fix the AUTOAI IN HOMUNCULUS to get lasagna and orc dungeon map cleared ?

here's my 2 cents

Edited by 3625180416162211970, 15 July 2018 - 05:03 AM.

#39 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 05:11 AM

He isn't even talking about just AFK leveling but reflect as a whole. Also, the game doesn't read it as "AFK kill" or "Reflect kill". Game will read autocasted meteor storm just the same as manually casted meteor storm. It is easy to make BS claims like OP does with crap comparisons

Replicating AFK leveling doesn't do any [removed] or solve any problems.

If anything, this can be said about the problem.

1. The problem doesn't exist, people were just used with the spotlight

2. The problem doesn't exist, map just has many players killing stuff. And people just QQing that there are many players

3. A certain skill that is popular with autocast leveling causes the problem

4. A certain skill not related with autocast leveling causes the problem, could be DB or CC. Therefore totally unrelated with the later

5. A server problem not related to any player action

Edited by VModCoconut, 15 July 2018 - 08:11 AM.
Do not bypass word filters.

#40 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 15 July 2018 - 05:14 AM

your point is? so if people have expensive gears they can own the game, become a map landlord and can do anything they want? hell no dude!

coz people like you ruin the gaming experience. party play is almost obsolote since current gears encourage solo play. so we are degraded from party play to solo play to automated solo play? where is the MMO? this trend is really killing social aspect of the game. 

third, if warpportal implemented the autocast items and we use it wisely, why ban it? that would cause a HUGE refund propaganda if it gets banned.

you can always use it for active leveling. i myself use reflect autocast in active way, to level my super novice. and it is a high DPS one, not low DPS one like people use today, since most of them focused on self defense autocast that focused on healing and slow killing. Resulting in mob hold. Well, we need to really see the investigation if those AFK-ers are the culprit behind low spawn, which is not proven yet.

i cant enjoy this game if the i cant finish the BB as fast as i use to. waste of zeny. cant finish the BB as fast due to low spawn. meh.

also, if you hate AFK LEVELING why focus on one where you can just REMOVE the mercenary system and fix the AUTOAI IN HOMUNCULUS to get lasagna and orc dungeon map cleared ?

well, those maps are supposed to be homun leveling area. no legit player levels there unless if they love to get low exp per hour. are you perhaps planning to ask GM to make copy of nogg road just only for AFK levelers? do it! i approve that! as long as you dont mingle yourself with real levelers, i dont mind. 

here's my 2 cents

here is my 2 cents. i want to use RED, but will be hulk smashed.

#41 Carboy

Carboy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 05:32 AM

your point is? so if people have expensive gears they can own the game, become a map landlord and can do anything they want? hell no dude!
you do not own the game when you AFK train, you just TRAIN differently

coz people like you ruin the gaming experience. party play is almost obsolote since current gears encourage solo play. so we are degraded from party play to solo play to automated solo play? where is the MMO? this trend is really killing social aspect of the game. 

when 3rd job got released, it is already a SOLO play game. i talk all day while my char is in AFK. that social aspect cannot be claimed

third, if warpportal implemented the autocast items and we use it wisely, why ban it? that would cause a HUGE refund propaganda if it gets banned.

you can always use it for active leveling. i myself use reflect autocast in active way, to level my super novice. and it is a high DPS one, not low DPS one like people use today, since most of them focused on self defense autocast that focused on healing and slow killing. Resulting in mob hold. Well, we need to really see the investigation if those AFK-ers are the culprit behind low spawn, which is not proven yet.

i take magma dungeon 2 as example. it has high spawn with AFK people vs regular 1 person training ground. I did go there to train actively too <3

i cant enjoy this game if the i cant finish the BB as fast as i use to. waste of zeny. cant finish the BB as fast due to low spawn. meh.

that is your way to play. also, if you invest in beelzebub wing I dont think spawn rate matters at that point.

also, if you hate AFK LEVELING why focus on one where you can just REMOVE the mercenary system and fix the AUTOAI IN HOMUNCULUS to get lasagna and orc dungeon map cleared ?

well, those maps are supposed to be homun leveling area. no legit player levels there unless if they love to get low exp per hour. are you perhaps planning to ask GM to make copy of nogg road just only for AFK levelers? do it! i approve that! as long as you dont mingle yourself with real levelers, i dont mind. 

no copy of no map. so it is okay to train your homun afk and other things non afk? that is kind of meh. you just broke your own point trying to battle the AFK part of the game

here's my 2 cents

#42 NihonHikikomoriK

NihonHikikomoriK

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 06:19 AM

they should make alternate map for afk leveler and legit player

#43 Carboy

Carboy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 06:41 AM

they should make alternate map for afk leveler and legit player

it will be a private ragnarok if that happens

#44 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 07:15 AM

So I can KS you over and over and you wouldn't care?

I fail to see how KSing got itself in the picture here. You seem to have a rather strange definition of it.

No matter which way you look at it reflect leveling at high level monsters is griefing people. By holding the mobs for long periods of time or the possibility of bugging the monsters. Grief is grief.

If by (you) you mean yourself then you do seem quite convinced indeed. If it's somehow meant to include others then no, I don't see it that way and I'm likely not the only one.

As for not killing fast enough, do you know what I do in other mmo's? If I can't kill at a decent rate, I'll get to a higher level or get gear where I can kill at a decent rate. Don't hold others back because of your inabilities or what conveniences yourself.

This awfully sounds like you consider others not good enough for you. Not everyone is equally geared/experienced. I could not care less if it takes someone 10min to kill whatever they aggroed, if they can do it they can do it. They have just as much right to be there as you do.

Are you even "playing" if you're not even there?

Yes, yes you are. If the game has provided you with the means to do it then it is a valid way to play. It's no different than going afk while leveling a homunculus.

And just to be clear. I don't even level that way.

#45 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 08:18 AM

reflect doesnt bug the spawn

He isn't even talking about just AFK leveling but reflect as a whole. Also, the game doesn't read it as "AFK kill" or "Reflect kill". Game will read autocasted meteor storm just the same as manually casted meteor storm. It is easy to make BS claims like OP does with crap comparisons

This indeed. http://www.tylervige...us-correlations

#46 Hogbae

Hogbae

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1247 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 08:27 AM

Double/triple spawn should be addressed to ALL map. Doing for certain maps means you kill other maps completely.

“Hey, why should people level in nameless since scaraboobs got perma triple spawn! No need to think to level somewhere, just scara scara scara until 150!”

Works for me. :D

#47 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4114 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 08:49 AM

give each map 10 channel :D

#48 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 09:17 AM

So I can KS you over and over and you wouldn't care?

I fail to see how KSing got itself in the picture here. You seem to have a rather strange definition of it.

KS's is griefing, afk leveling is grief. Ergo the analogy.

No matter which way you look at it reflect leveling at high level monsters is griefing people. By holding the mobs for long periods of time or the possibility of bugging the monsters. Grief is grief.

If by (you) you mean yourself then you do seem quite convinced indeed. If it's somehow meant to include others then no, I don't see it that way and I'm likely not the only one.

As for not killing fast enough, do you know what I do in other mmo's? If I can't kill at a decent rate, I'll get to a higher level or get gear where I can kill at a decent rate. Don't hold others back because of your inabilities or what conveniences yourself.

This awfully sounds like you consider others not good enough for you. Not everyone is equally geared/experienced. I could not care less if it takes someone 10min to kill whatever they aggroed, if they can do it they can do it. They have just as much right to be there as you do.

Now have 1/3 or more of the map held for that time because there are so many of them. You should be properly geared for the area you are in. This game is partially to blame.

The big problem is the amount of money they spent would get them a whole leveling set. So it's not them being able to be properly geared nor do they lack experience. Yes I have god items/MVP/OCP making me able to one shot. However, I'd rather see someone 2 shot than holding them for X time.

Are you even "playing" if you're not even there?

Yes, yes you are. If the game has provided you with the means to do it then it is a valid way to play. It's no different than going afk while leveling a homunculus.

You can't play something that you aren't physically there for. The game is playing for you. Homunculus is retarded as well. However, there is no real way to active level most of them. Moreover, you are forced to feed it every hour.

I hate it when people quote like this. Makes it a pain to quote back.

If they are there for 24/7 it makes the bug even worse. It doesn't even matter if my theory is right or wrong. Just give everyone the exp who engages the monster like other mmo. There would be no kill stealing at that point.

#49 Haroichi

Haroichi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 09:36 AM

Does that mean the afk levellers' argument of (just doing the same as) afk homun levellers will be made invalid once exp sharing become possible between gene and homun?

#50 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 09:44 AM

It's still not even a argument. People can active level. You can't really active level a homun. You also have to feed it. The exp thing is a lot better, but it should just share your level.

Afk levelers gives even more an excuse to bot as well. I've seen them auto res, auto heal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users