Seriously do something about reflect leveling - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Seriously do something about reflect leveling

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

#51 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 15 July 2018 - 10:59 AM

AFK leveling means the player is not at the keyboard to control the character. Botting means the player is not at the keyboard to control the character.

Since WP doesnt ban buff bots, ragial bots, farmer bots, AFK leveling bots, and so on bots. What is the exact argument here?  :heh:

#52 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 July 2018 - 11:01 AM

Yes, ideally and if possible unused map on live servers with autocast gears on test characters being set idle the whole week.

After posting/talking about it last night, I looked for some maps that are small and easy to "count spawns" in, with the hope that maybe I can run my own quasi experiment to see if a day or two of AFK auto-casting with freezing spells will lower the spawn rate. Dungeon wise, the marduk's map (sphinx 3) and the 4-quartered room in glast heim with the 1 alice spawn may work since it makes it easy to count monsters without risk of them "walking over and being recounted". 

My hypothesis is that freezing is somehow related to it, so I'd personally test that.

If WP was willing to create a more ideal situation in sakray, like say a small map with 10-20 or so aggressive fast attacking mobs, we could easily try it out there. 

#53 Hogbae

Hogbae

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1247 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 12:08 PM

It's still not even a argument. People can active level. You can't really active level a homun. You also have to feed it. The exp thing is a lot better, but it should just share your level.

Afk levelers gives even more an excuse to bot as well. I've seen them auto res, auto heal.

You actually can active level homunculus to be honest. And its way faster to level than afk leveling. :/

#54 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 15 July 2018 - 01:55 PM

You actually can active level homunculus to be honest. And its way faster to level than afk leveling. :/

Dieter after 108, i think, yes.

Edited by ShoLin, 15 July 2018 - 01:56 PM.

#55 TattooedChef

TattooedChef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts
  • LocationSeventh level of Hell

Posted 15 July 2018 - 03:33 PM

People expect to get something out of nothing. Why do you even bother playing the game? You ruin the game as the cheaters do. The spawns get so bad I can barely get one turn per manual. When there is no reflect levelers on the map I get 2.5. I don't mind sharing the map, if there are fast enough killers it can even go faster. It's grieving other players. Increase the spawn rates in those areas or ban reflect leveling.

The amount of money you spend on those gears will get you a whole set of active leveling gear. What's worse the dev team encourages it with these new items.

This post makes me want get my reflect gear back from my brother.......

#56 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 03:45 PM

AFK'ing leveling for 24/7 or near it disrupts the spawn no matter which way you look at it. If you know about it, you're just griefing people at that point.

#57 DrArthur

DrArthur

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 217 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 03:48 PM

And just to be clear. I don't even level that way.

No, but you seem to defend it arbitrarily.

The defense here seems to be people saying "b-but not everyone kills at the same speed", which ignores the problem.

First, AFK leveling is destroying the spawn rates and spawns on maps for some reason. Probably freezing. Who knows, and who cares. It only happens in places where people AFK level.

Second, we need to stop this silly notion that people who are AFK deserve every protection that people who play the game get. Why does someone who isn't playing the game get the same protection as people who are?

The difference between AFK autoleveling and botting is that AFK autoleveling costs a hell of a lot more and WP sees all the profit from it.

#58 Haroichi

Haroichi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 04:08 PM

Active leveled mine till i get painkiller, still tedious af tho :heh:

#59 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 04:30 PM

No, but you seem to defend it arbitrarily.

I do yes, since I see nothing wrong with it. Game design makes it a possibility so any player is free to do it if they so desire.

If there are side effects then it is the game itself that needs to be tweaked to alleviate those issues and not players to get banned.

Honestly would not care at all about any of this if it didn't look like people were trying to get others burned at the stake.

#60 doge1

doge1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 04:44 PM

If you cant stop them. Join them.

#61 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 04:51 PM

Again, game doesnt read if the player is AFK or not. The more I read in this thread, the more it is obvious that people are just jealous with AFK levelers to the point that they'd want to accuse them with something.

P.S, I dont AFK level

Having "Bug spawn discussion due to reflect leveling" and "AFK leveling being ethical" should be two separate topics

Edited by CadburyChocolate, 15 July 2018 - 05:07 PM.

#62 DrArthur

DrArthur

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 217 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 05:36 PM

The mental gymnastics used to justify and defend AFK leveling and all of the problems it causes by people who think botting is the absolute most sinful thing a person can do is golden.

The whole argument is literally "one is legal, one isn't". lol

#63 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 15 July 2018 - 05:50 PM

this remembers me about the "video game disorder" that WHO is saying is a thing now :v

#64 DrArthur

DrArthur

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 217 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 07:11 PM

this remembers me about the "video game disorder" that WHO is saying is a thing now :v

How does AFK leveling/botting/griefing remind you of an addiction?

"Video game disorder" is worded poorly (granted, it was named by a bunch of senile old politicians, who, as our current legislature and documents prove, barely know English period), but the disorder it describes is an addiction.

#65 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 07:44 PM

None the less. It's affecting the spawns in one way or another.

Disable the items till a fix, or if they can't make it a temp ban offense after putting it on the patch notes.

Just because it's convenient to you, doesn't mean it's to everyone else.

#66 DrArthur

DrArthur

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 217 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 07:48 PM

None the less. It's affecting the spawns in one way or another.

Disable the items till a fix, or if they can't make it a temp ban offense after putting it on the patch notes.

Just because it's convenient to you, doesn't mean it's to everyone else.

That would require effort on the GMs part. This isn't a new complaint about reflect leveling.

But we've had VMs carefully combing these threads for months and removing any post that says anything critical of it. Including referring to the bugged spawns. Then there's the swath of people who always have to come in droning on about how it's "not botting" and "why does it bother you" and "how you're judging their playstyle".

AFKing isn't playing. Period. You forfeit your right to be treated as an active player when you decided not to play.

#67 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 10:22 PM

Good evening,

After further review, I decided to lock the topic at least for now. There is nothing but tension between the engaged posters, so let's take a break.

The issue with the spawn is legit and it will be looked into in a way or another, no promises to be made for a timely resolution.

As for the AFK leveling, that's another concern but let's focus on the pressing issue with the spawn numbers first.

Thank you all for understanding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users