Suggestions for Arcadia part 3 (DoD) - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Suggestions for Arcadia part 3 (DoD)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Domeshot

Domeshot

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 09:40 AM

So I've spent awhile grinding this dungeon now, and I wanted to suggest some things that would make it a little more fun:

1) Enabling 'ultimate' abilities. I know I've been dying to use a skill I've spent 60 points on, and I think this dungeon would be a perfect spot to be able to use it considering how much HP the bosses have. I play a dragoon and I just feel like a walking clock, but I feel this would make a lot of 'low damage' classes feel like they can contribute on the damage side of things. Plus, a lot of PvPers generally skip skilling this ability due to its cost, but I think this would be a strong motivator to actually put some points in!

2) Expert Mode. I tried to find anything on the forums regarding this to no avail. I think an expert mode would be an interesting addition. Similar to Paris dungeon, it would provide 8 slots of rewards, while making the bosses and mobs more difficult. Bosses would have an increased chance of dropping essence (with the possibility of two?). I understand this dungeon is still new, and it may be in the works already. In a guild party the regular DoD can be done within like 20-23 minutes, perhaps this expert mode would take double the time.

3) Considering we have a lot of time end game in the last patch, a lot of people are geared out of their minds, therefore, I think the bosses should be more difficult to kill and have more HP. I know this may sound insane, but I think it would be more interactive if the bosses were more difficult and MORE REWARDING. The essence drop rate seems be quite low for obvious reasons, but I think it would be an interesting change if it was increased while making it a more dungeon in general. A lot of the time I just feel like we're standing infront of a dummy unloading damage with no response. This point kinda goes hand in hand with expert mode!

Let me know if any of these have been discussed before, and if there would be a flaw if these were introduced

#2 wongsolo

wongsolo

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 05:10 PM

So I've spent awhile grinding this dungeon now, and I wanted to suggest some things that would make it a little more fun:

1) Enabling 'ultimate' abilities. I know I've been dying to use a skill I've spent 60 points on, and I think this dungeon would be a perfect spot to be able to use it considering how much HP the bosses have. I play a dragoon and I just feel like a walking clock, but I feel this would make a lot of 'low damage' classes feel like they can contribute on the damage side of things. Plus, a lot of PvPers generally skip skilling this ability due to its cost, but I think this would be a strong motivator to actually put some points in!

2) Expert Mode. I tried to find anything on the forums regarding this to no avail. I think an expert mode would be an interesting addition. Similar to Paris dungeon, it would provide 8 slots of rewards, while making the bosses and mobs more difficult. Bosses would have an increased chance of dropping essence (with the possibility of two?). I understand this dungeon is still new, and it may be in the works already. In a guild party the regular DoD can be done within like 20-23 minutes, perhaps this expert mode would take double the time.

3) Considering we have a lot of time end game in the last patch, a lot of people are geared out of their minds, therefore, I think the bosses should be more difficult to kill and have more HP. I know this may sound insane, but I think it would be more interactive if the bosses were more difficult and MORE REWARDING. The essence drop rate seems be quite low for obvious reasons, but I think it would be an interesting change if it was increased while making it a more dungeon in general. A lot of the time I just feel like we're standing infront of a dummy unloading damage with no response. This point kinda goes hand in hand with expert mode!

Let me know if any of these have been discussed before, and if there would be a flaw if these were introduced

On point no 3. I would have to disagree. You shouldn't generalized that a lot of people are geared out as there are many of em who struggled to stay alive in the dungeon.. Making the bosses to be more difficult will only backfire. 

#3 Domeshot

Domeshot

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 09:47 PM

On point no 3. I would have to disagree. You shouldn't generalized that a lot of people are geared out as there are many of em who struggled to stay alive in the dungeon.. Making the bosses to be more difficult will only backfire. 

That's why I said it goes hand in hand with expert mode

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users