#1 HeroGee

HeroGee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:45 PM

Hi! i just want to know, is there a droprate difference between levels? Like if I farm Osiris tomb Gold cards with Master level 1. Is it higher droprate than a Master level 40? Thank you.

#2 HeroGee

HeroGee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:47 PM

Hi! i just want to know, is there a droprate difference between levels? Like if I farm Osiris tomb Gold cards with Master level 1. Is it higher droprate than a Master level 40? Thank you. And DNA are they different?

#3 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 01:12 AM

Yes. You can refer to this chart to see the difference: http://i.imgur.com/EE8Nc2Ym.png
Basically monsters above your level will have their normal drop rate, then the higher your level is, the lower the drop rate will be. Same rules apply to DNA.

#4 HeroGee

HeroGee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 11:08 AM

Do you know what is the percentage of the drop rate of DNA and card?

#5 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• 1307 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 02:14 PM

Nope, that info isn't open to players.

#6 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 06:24 PM

Datamine?

#7 1131131129203649980

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 09:15 PM

hi, arbalist, i have a question, i read some player talking about some items arent afected by drop buff or rates, like wonderland gold cards, is this true? or is there anything like that? or the drop penalty and buff is the same for every item?

#8 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• 1307 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 09:55 PM

Everything is subject to the same penalties and same buffs. It wouldn't be very often that exceptions are made. The only special thing about Jawaii items is that they all have an increased base drop rates relative to other zones.

In my experience, there will always be people who will blame bad luck on anything they want and making these claims helps ease their hearts. I'm a numbers person and I tend to trust data, so if any of those people are able to back their claims up with proper evidence and a significant sample size, only then would I trust it.

#9 FishDeity

FishDeity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 10:55 AM

hi, arbalist, i have a question, i read some player talking about some items arent afected by drop buff or rates, like wonderland gold cards, is this true? or is there anything like that? or the drop penalty and buff is the same for every item?

Based on experience, DNA frags are not affected by level difference penalty.

#10 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• 1307 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 04:06 PM

Hmm that does sound like something I vaguely remember possibly reading devs mention. Maybe not the exact topic of DNA. It's not something I'd personally bother testing, but if knowing something like that helps people sleep at night then that's all right by me. 

#11 1131131129203649980

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 06:06 PM

thx for the answer i was thinking in not ussing drop buff in jawai wonderland gold cards cause what i told you i read it from one of the VCRs lol

#12 HeroGee

HeroGee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 10:01 PM

I tried farming by ML1 and ML40 but on my experience they are same. Sometimes my ML40 got the most DNA.

Is there a penalty for card drop rates when partying? Like 2 in a party.

#13 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• 1307 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 01:44 PM

@11311
Even VCRs have varying amounts of knowledge - it all depends on the effort they put in to genuinely learn the game. Although the pursuit of knowledge is something I love, I am of course not perfect either and do make mistakes. Despite what people think, the level of access we have to information isn't too high. As a general life rule, you should still have some skepticism when reading claims that are hard to provide evidence for. People will still constantly challenge me on things and even if I'm certain of something, it is beneficial for everyone for me to test and re-test when I have the time. I have written so many guides, both public and unfinished, that I forget what I write sometimes. Retaining 5 years of obscure knowledge isn't something my brain wants to do :P

@Hero 
Last I was told, nope there is no penalty. And it is supposedly more ideal to have the person who suffers the least penalty loot things. However, you can also say that some droprates, such as cards, are so incredibly low that you'd never hit the necessary sample size to have it matter and you should just do whatever makes you more comfortable. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users