• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic

#1 Xplay4eva

Xplay4eva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 06:26 AM

Lets say a person who has never before heard of Ragnarok stumbles upon the IRO website. For each of the versions that you might have played before, what would you briefly have to say about it? Maybe include some pro's and con's of each version if you please? And finally if there were any good tips & tricks that may be helpful for a newbie to know.

IRO Classic

IRO Restart

IRO Journey

IRO Renewal

Ragnarok 2

Edited by Xplay4eva, 31 July 2018 - 01:21 AM.

#2 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1236 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 July 2018 - 07:19 AM

IRO Classic

Repetitive

IRO Restart

Repetitive

IRO Journey

Repetitive

IRO Renewal

Repetitive

#3 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 28 July 2018 - 07:41 AM

IRO Classic

Nostalgic

IRO Restart

A Fail server

IRO Journey

Never played, idk

IRO Renewal

A P2W server.

#4 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 28 July 2018 - 08:06 AM

Seriously tho, during the migration im just like (as many others as well) oh god thanks we are free from levelup! No more bias! An actual service! And such even treating WP as a holy land for us who's been opressed by LU for years (pure p2w)

Chaos players hated us right from the start (nah just the idea of keeping us mostly) so it kinda discouraged a number which was kind of disappointing

But well just as we thought WP is better than Levepup ph, there is an actual customer service! Scams? The GM's got your back! Stuck in instance? There's medivac! You can even talk to em through the CM's

Sad thing everything became p2w at one point, dont get me wrong i know paying users have a lot of perks but well it got out of hand, and everything went downhill

The playragnarok site needs more eye catching materials btw, ragnarok is a great game, the younger generation just need to discover it somehow

Hello cinnamod!

#5 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 28 July 2018 - 08:10 AM

Chaos players hated us right from the start (nah just the idea of keeping us mostly) so it kinda discouraged a number which was kind of disappointing

Nothing wrong with more players coming, but the creation of a new server and splitting their already dwindling attention in the game was bad for everyone.

#6 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 08:29 AM

It can not compare with what happened on the renewal re:start case anyway lol

#7 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4114 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 08:31 AM

merge

#8 Hogbae

Hogbae

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1247 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 03:39 PM

IRO Classic

Repetitive

IRO Restart

Repetitive

IRO Journey

Repetitive

IRO Renewal

Repetitive

IRO Classic

Nostalgic

IRO Restart

A Fail server

IRO Journey

Never played, idk

IRO Renewal

A P2W server.

I can relate these.

#9 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 28 July 2018 - 06:37 PM

IRO Classic: Xellies

IRO Restart: Wannabe

IRO Journey: ?

IRO Renewal: gxRO, genRO, wlRO

:heh:  :heh:  :heh:

Edited by ChakriGuard, 28 July 2018 - 06:37 PM.

#10 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 07:39 PM

IRO Classic: Xellies

IRO Restart: Wannabe

IRO Journey: ?

IRO Renewal: gxRO, genRO, wlRO

:heh: :heh: :heh:

Rangernarok soon :^)

#11 OBBO

OBBO

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 593 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 07:59 PM

IRO Classic

Repetitive

IRO Restart

Repetitive

IRO Journey

Repetitive

IRO Renewal

Repetitive

lol, but Orz

#12 AceBanner

AceBanner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 08:36 PM

non-iRO Classic
Those were the days it started

non-iRO Restart
Only heard it was full of bots

non-iRO Journey
1st time hearing this

non-iRO Renewal
OMFG everything is so expensive now

#13 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 28 July 2018 - 09:21 PM

Seriously tho, during the migration im just like (as many others as well) oh god thanks we are free from levelup! No more bias! An actual service! And such even treating WP as a holy land for us who's been opressed by LU for years (pure p2w)

But well just as we thought WP is better than Levepup ph, there is an actual customer service! Scams? The GM's got your back! Stuck in instance? There's medivac! You can even talk to em through the CM's

Sad thing everything became p2w at one point, dont get me wrong i know paying users have a lot of perks but well it got out of hand, and everything went downhill

The playragnarok site needs more eye catching materials btw, ragnarok is a great game, the younger generation just need to discover it somehow

Hello cinnamod!

Personally, I don't hate Thor players. I hate Thor. The server. There were active problems with your service before transferring. Literally just giving Thor a chance to thrive in Chaos with a brand new account, maybe a starter back and some level 150 characters would have been great.

No corruption, no bad data, nothing but a fresh new populace to enter into an existing server. But no, they took the other path, the one that literally -_-blocked our ticket system for half a year, with just mega tonnes of people in the end wanting a server merge to Chaos when there were many issues that came with the data that was transferred.

It's not your fault or the pRO players fault that your previous service was corrupt as -_-, and it is MOSTLY down to WarpPortal for handling that whole issue terribly.

It would have been nice to have a server with a bunch of new faces, but that time has passed, there are still ways for things to move forward but the fact is, there is still terrible corruption that came with your data and I would like to have seen a service offered for a basic transfer to our server with any OCP items in tow (seeing as they were added POST Thor), but that's it. No costumes, no in game items, nothing that could have come from your original server.

It was similar when my old server (oRO) came to iRO, and plenty of bad -_- came through. NOT AGAIN DAMNIT :U

#14 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 09:32 PM

Warpportal is making iRO great again by concentrating resources on Chaos and making sure Thor is Thor and two servers wont merge  :rice:  :rice:  :rice:

#15 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 09:42 PM

I couldve joined the cult of chakrism if a fresh start was the case :heh: my chars got item wiped and my main RG failed to migrate anyway

I just wouldnt go to chaos if I am to choose between my guildies whom ive played with for years or a fresh start

Atleast we got those guyaks being used atm lol

#16 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 09:45 PM

Warpportal should of never opened Thor. It would make much more sense if Warpportal offered starter packs and free 150 characters as Nirv suggested.

Guyaks rolf 

#17 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 28 July 2018 - 10:07 PM

iRO Classic - slow RO
Pros: ...
Cons: It's a dead horse that people refuse to stop beating.

iRO Restart - RO with an identity crisis
Cons: It exists.

iRO Journey - RO from the perspective of botters
Cons: It exists.

iRO Renewal - fast RO
Cons: Every version outside of Asia is outdated as crap and developers don't care.

iRO2 - RO cosplaying as WoW
Pros: Attracts theme park MMO fans.
Cons: Attracts theme park MMO fans. Also, beta version was best.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 31 July 2018 - 11:43 PM.

#18 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 10:28 PM

Guyaks are fun :heh: fast pacdd woe, fast paced pvm, fast paced DQ

Still not as fast as the rapidly changing "endgame"/ "BiS" items we get from ocp tho

#19 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 29 July 2018 - 01:51 AM

private servers got bot protections for 10 years while officials lost restart to their own incompetence, starting new on servers managed by warpportal is something I wouldnt recommend.

#20 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts
  • LocationPadepokan Pencak Silat
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 29 July 2018 - 01:57 AM

why would people bother to bot in private servers anyway? :heh:

The protections got no to zero meaning, besides rathena/eathena (pservers) and aegis engine (official servers) have completely different way of work.

Edited by DataDrain, 29 July 2018 - 01:59 AM.

#21 heickelrrx

heickelrrx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Server:Valkriye

Posted 29 July 2018 - 02:08 AM

wapportal should've take over idRO renewal publishing right, not only make that crappy publisher can focus on their recrap - classic, but also allow Indo player get much more decent experience

not to mention indo whale is far more easy to milk when they got salted.

it will make wp got more money, increase RO population, and save indo player from their misery 

for illegal server case, did u know ppl who work on those emulator is the one that work for the bot, illegal server ppl are hypocrite -_-, they just pirating RO, complain to gravity while at the same time stole gravity work and never pay any money to gravity for their fun.

seriously WP should ask Microsoft to take down those project from GitHub, Microsoft own github now :(

Edited by heickelrrx, 29 July 2018 - 02:15 AM.

#22 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 02:29 AM

Personally, I don't hate Thor players. I hate Thor. The server. There were active problems with your service before transferring. Literally just giving Thor a chance to thrive in Chaos with a brand new account, maybe a starter back and some level 150 characters would have been great.

No corruption, no bad data, nothing but a fresh new populace to enter into an existing server. But no, they took the other path, the one that literally -_-blocked our ticket system for half a year, with just mega tonnes of people in the end wanting a server merge to Chaos when there were many issues that came with the data that was transferred.

It's not your fault or the pRO players fault that your previous service was corrupt as -_-, and it is MOSTLY down to WarpPortal for handling that whole issue terribly.

It would have been nice to have a server with a bunch of new faces, but that time has passed, there are still ways for things to move forward but the fact is, there is still terrible corruption that came with your data and I would like to have seen a service offered for a basic transfer to our server with any OCP items in tow (seeing as they were added POST Thor), but that's it. No costumes, no in game items, nothing that could have come from your original server.

It was similar when my old server (oRO) came to iRO, and plenty of bad -_- came through. NOT AGAIN DAMNIT :U

yeah +1, if we merged with having the same gears 

https://www.divine-p...94/rainbow-star

i currently have accounts with this gear. if i remember correctly i have 3-6 lol. all given by friends because they think ill possibly move to thor. it was worth 1k pesos before in cash shop, that's like 20usd i think? each.

merge and i sell them at 10b each. you are able to reach up to 100% demi reductions with it in TE. ill tell you how

#23 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 29 July 2018 - 02:55 AM

private servers got bot protections for 10 years while officials lost restart to their own incompetence, starting new on servers managed by warpportal is something I wouldnt recommend.

"bot protections" that dont do crap. The simple reason why pservers are not infested with them is because who the f will bother doing it when the server might shutdown maybe tomorrow.

#24 Pixvoly

Pixvoly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 08:01 AM

If it was half a year it felt more than that (perhaps a full year and then some).

Can't forget the times the servers went down just so a tool that was made by and sent from the developers to "fix" corrupt characters after levelup didn't bother to send a second copy of character data. 

It took more than 3 tools being made and sent (closing off chaos server at or extend maintenance as well as putting other things on hold) to try and get some results, it wasn't good enough. When it was announced that the possibility of not everything was going to be returned or function properly through the tool, goodness, let the indignation and accusations ensue.

Items not working on that server was and still are due to not having data for those items and then there are items that have similar functions to what chaos does have and keeps their stat or function. One example is the Foxtail, it has its magic attack 10 because chaos server does have lower head gear that does have magic attack (as well as other stats), but none of them has fixed casting reduced.

#25 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:28 AM

why would people bother to bot in private servers anyway? :heh:

The protections got no to zero meaning, besides rathena/eathena (pservers) and aegis engine (official servers) have completely different way of work.

why not, there are low rate server more active than iRO renewal, if they can be botfree why is WP unable to do so. They threw restart under the bus right from the start, banning of EU because of even more incompetence was just the killing blow.

"bot protections" that dont do crap. The simple reason why pservers are not infested with them is because who the f will bother doing it when the server might shutdown maybe tomorrow.

They actually do, but I guess if you get told from iRO staff for 15 years "that theres nothing we can do about it", while some hippies in their basement can, maybe Id tell myself that too. 

Aside from the fact that there are servers up for over 10 years, what exactly does botting cost you there, even if they did shut down. Another point would be that people on iRO cant be too sure to not get told that their work will be lost in a month as well, unless you are american of course. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users