Apologies if I may have missed something, did you test the reduction in game?
Yes, so what we did was as follows:
Using the upcoming prontera glove in the soon-to-arrive OCP that is currently on Sakray, we stacked 100% demi-human reduction, 8% of which was from the mob scarf combo.
The character with this resistance received damage, very little, but enough to prove that the damage reduction wasn't 100%. To test, we switched the mob scarf combo (which should be 8%) out to the gambler seal + heart card in mouth, which also provides 8% demi-human reduction at max stats and now the damage was completely mitigated/resisted. No other gear, buffs, or anything else was changed -- just the mob scarf combo to the gambler's seal combo.
So our conclusion was that the mob scarf doesn't give 8% demi-human reduction, it gives 6%.
I am _assuming_ the 2% per "80 stat points" is working properly but the base 2% you get for having a mob scarf + glasses/sunglasses doesn't apply. This is an assumption on my part, but since some applies it seems the most likely.
None of the other mob scarf bonuses are like that, only the demi-human reduction is, so my guess is that part of the script is missing.
To confirm this isn't just a description error, I looked up the item description on jRO and it also shows that you get 2% for the combo plus an additional 6% if you have the stats at 120/120 resulting in a total of 8%.
It is also worth noting that all the other two jro headgear combos (imperial feather + royal guard necklace; gambler's seal + heart card in mouth) provide 8% total demi-human reduction.
To be clear, I don't think it is the description that is wrong -- I think the combo is missing the effect.
I hope that explains it
Edited by mildcontempt, 30 July 2018 - 09:44 AM.