So, now that we have a Homun Loyalty Event... YAY! - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

So, now that we have a Homun Loyalty Event... YAY!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 4103161207215504667

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 07:58 AM

Let's talk about homunculus!

I know that Vanilmirths are the most popular homun because they have the most decent stats overall and are quick and easy to level -- they also don't need to be loyal'd after the evolution because their loyal skill is poo poo. However their skills overall are left to be desired, except maybe the free INT.

In your opinion what would you consider to be the best homuns to make? Should I make an Amistr? Filir? or stick with Vanil?

I've heard that Amistrs are the slowest to level, but their abilities are very good. Like Castling, Amistr Bulwark and general tankiness when they become Homunculus S.

Also to note, I'll mostly be PvMing if that makes a difference.

Lets hear your thoughts!

*Edit: I realize that Dr. Azzy, the de facto authority on Homunculi, says that Vanil > Amistr but the thread that he mentions that was made in 2012. I'm curious if there's been anything new or updated since then, or if it's still the case. 

Edited by 4103161207215504667, 03 August 2018 - 08:17 AM.

#2 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 03 August 2018 - 08:17 AM

I went for a vanilmirth to sera just cause it's easy to level and i can break emperiums on my own with the summon bees skill of the sera (requires high level)

Welp that was 6 or so years ago back in pRO up to this day (seems the bees arent enabled in woe tho)

#3 Hogbae

Hogbae

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1247 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 August 2018 - 08:24 AM

Vanilmirth is probably the fast leveling - and the best for a brewer. But Amistr is for sure the best support buffs you can get to PVM for those skills.

About Homunculus S, majority will agree that Dieter is the best for its skill (Grantic Armor, Volcanic Ash and Pyroclastic) to pvm/woe and pvp. I particularly don't like Sera only reduces 1000 points of damage taken with Pain Killer - I preffer Dieter's Grantic Armor (-10% of damage taken) as on a high tier monsters, its way more helpful. I also like Eira, for her buff that gives 189 aspd and 500 flee. Pretty useful on PVM depending on what you do - and helps you to brew faster (go Vanil then Eira in this case).

#4 4103161207215504667

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 08:35 AM

I've been doing some digging around and I'm sort of conflicted -- so Vanilmirths have a decent stat spread but have less useful skills when they hit HomunS.

However, Amistr's are apparently incredibly slow to level? (How slow are we talking here?) I've also heard that Bloodlust has a 15 minute cooldown?? for a 5-6 minute buff to just the homun

So, the questions I guess I'm asking are:

1) How often do you guys use your homun's abilities?

2) Are they usually just a meat shield for when you PvM/MVP and just resummon it when it gets knocked out? or do you use them for their abilities?  I recently watched a Geneticist solo Bio4 and was using the castling ability to incredibly good effect.

3) Would you say that the abilities you get from Amistr outweigh the 'slow' leveling?

4) Does the Amistr base abilities help a HomunS tank significantly more than a Vanil base?

#5 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 10:01 PM

3) Would you say that the abilities you get from Amistr outweigh the 'slow' leveling?

Yes esp if you're planning to use castling when doing bio5. 

#6 Hendra88

Hendra88

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 11:24 PM

I've been doing some digging around and I'm sort of conflicted -- so Vanilmirths have a decent stat spread but have less useful skills when they hit HomunS.

However, Amistr's are apparently incredibly slow to level? (How slow are we talking here?) I've also heard that Bloodlust has a 15 minute cooldown?? for a 5-6 minute buff to just the homun

2) Are they usually just a meat shield for when you PvM/MVP and just resummon it when it gets knocked out? or do you use them for their abilities?  I recently watched a Geneticist solo Bio4 and was using the castling ability to incredibly good effect.

4) Does the Amistr base abilities help a HomunS tank significantly more than a Vanil base?

1.Im using max dieter for tanking with volcanic ash which can cancel boss skill, buff with pyrolastic and rumored in the next patch for homun balance they said that pyrolastic dont break weapon anymore, so u can use other weapon like RTE beside mace

2.yes homun main purpose just for tanking and support, not damage dealer

3+4.Amistr > dieter is the best for homunS but be patient when leveling it, or u can just level amistr until 108 so when evolve to Dieter u can already got lava slide .. the stat difference not so much they said, even though im not evolved my homun like that

#7 Hogbae

Hogbae

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1247 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 August 2018 - 05:18 AM

1) You won't be needing Bloodlust. You can just evolve it to S homunculus after the first evolve. As for skills in general, homunculus S' skill comes to be more common to be used. On Dieter, Lava Slide/Magma Flow to level up, Grantic Armor/Pyroclastic/Volcanic Ash to pvm/pvp/woe and all. I like Amistr skills too, such as Amistr Bulwark and Castling.

2) You can either use it as a meat shield and use them smartly with Castling - it all depends on the situation here.

3) Definitely yes.

4) Yes.

I'm saying Amistr is slow because you can't compare to Vanil leveling. Plus, whenever you reach Dieter it will have so littel atk speed - not that it matters if you're leveling it in fixed spawn maps like anthell. The "slow" leveling only goes to 109 when you get Dieter's AoE skills. OR 116 for Sera. I can't remember what level other homunculus S get the AoE skill.

#8 yakkokid

yakkokid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 August 2018 - 10:36 AM

I have Vanil -> Dieter. Now with the loyalty event im gonna try amistr-> Dieter (pyroclastic for the win win) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users