• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 joelita

joelita

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 08:32 PM

I'm doing this post because I'm tired of this kind of thing going on it's not the first time I've had too many others, unfortunately I had no impression at all, honestly, what goes on in someone's head to get into the chat and call their idiot by want to buy an item? What's the problem with that? please answer me ...

I can not post the picture, even because it is too much offense I will summarize what was said,

"random person" - you're stupid stupid bastad, go if fo .. go back to where your trash came.

there is a lot more I will not speak the rest because no one deserves to read this kind of thing for wanting to buy an item ... anyway it is my opinion, I'm sure it has happened to other people too.

Edited by joelita, 07 August 2018 - 08:36 PM.

#2 rhexis

rhexis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:40 AM

Lol I'm surprised there's even a community at all. Isn't all just bots?

To be fair, the community was pretty great until WP decided to just let bots run the server and let the decent players quit. Tough luck. 

#3 Patsu88

Patsu88

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 08 August 2018 - 09:22 PM

you are saying you came across someone that wasnt a bot? that's hillarous

#4 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:05 PM

Well, i feel sorry to hear that.

I can only think that if you were trying to buy an item, the price you set was way lower than what they expected or too low for the market price. And people take it as a rip off and an offense . 

#5 jessymeow

jessymeow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 02:58 PM

My complaint is these [Porings] that flip out if you don't know the price and then demand irl cash or wpe for their item and refuse zeny or in game trades. Then if they want to buy anything from you they try to rip you off as if it's covered on dog crap, but their exact item is clearly made of gold and worth more.

People putting chats up selling for wpe should be banned.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 10 August 2018 - 12:56 AM.
Mod Edit: Removed, that was inappropriate.

#6 joelita

joelita

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 03:30 PM

for me it does not matter, if you are going to sell by wpe or zenny or exchange the item, what I do not want is, open a chat buying the item at a price x and come any me cursing talking to me to leave the server and etc etc etc. .. just because I opened the chat by buying an item.

#7 joelita

joelita

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 03:33 PM

Well, i feel sorry to hear that.

I can only think that if you were trying to buy an item, the price you set was way lower than what they expected or too low for the market price. And people take it as a rip off and an offense . 

so you're telling me I'm supposed to be scolding and insulted, just because you want to buy the item at a price x?

#8 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 09 August 2018 - 05:07 PM

I am describing why they may be acting that way, in no way i am justifying it

#9 kinkthecat

kinkthecat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 09 August 2018 - 05:15 PM

ya always the "buy shop leaders" will msg you words of negativity to try and make you stop so they can win all the profits. just so you know its not illegal to use words in real life, just offensive not an actual offence. so better to have a nice day and ignore it

#10 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 August 2018 - 06:06 PM

I've noticed that a lot more people than normal are hagglers or low/highballing offers. There are also tons of people that try and sell things without listing a price and when you offer they get morally offended by it and trash talk you.

Many times when I am vending something for a regular price I would wake up to PM's from people offering half price for it, asking for a discount, or again trash talking the price. They all exhibit the cliche predatory behavior to put you down so you lower your standards or something.

We are also forced into these scenarios more often because you need to deal people multiple billion zeny trades to buy almost any item. So you have to communicate in order to sell anything over 1b. Which again, is most items. So its possible these people were always there, you just didn't have to deal with them prior to the inflation. In the hyperinflationary economy we have it is super hard to pinpoint the actual worth of items, so some negotiation should be expected, but its super annoying to deal with some street peddler being a 'poop'head.

If someone is rude to you just ignore them. They don't deserve to be negotiated with.

#11 DDQuidam

DDQuidam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok DS
  • Server:Nintendo DSi XL

Posted 20 August 2018 - 04:25 AM

Simple, there's this skill called Vending where you set a price and no ammount of barting will lower it. Maybe you should try it idk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users