• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 iSilverStorml

iSilverStorml

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 08:10 AM

Hey everyone, Just started to play RO again. Was thinking of maybe starting a mechanic... But wanted to know if its worth it. Currently main an RG but they are very expensive to gear...

Was wondering if Axe builds > Mado now? Also what are the gears involved in such builds? Thanks in advance!

#2 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 August 2018 - 04:51 PM

So do you want to evaluate Mado Mecha vs Axe mecha?

Axe mecha
Pros:
+can use BS buff.
+major axe skill buff (Sea captain hat, supplement set, t howard card, step card, and arquien neckale)
+more party friendly unlike mado.
Cons:
-you can't using shield. Which mean taking more damage.
-if use use elemental armor, you lost supplement set buff.
-your aoe are melee so prepare to tank it.
-more expensive than mado. Major equip are 500m++ except supplement gear and clean sea capt.

Mado mecha:
Pros:
+various skill and role.
+long ranged skill and 1 broken spell.
+cheaper gear.
+can put defensive gear (you can use shield). You can have one armor for 4 elemental armor. 100% elemental resistance is possible.
+Cheap healing spell. (23% of max HP, no more pot spamming)
Cons:
-AB hate you when party. Because colo bug.
-Death = no madogear = your have to stop doing instance. You can't go inside on few instance if you exit.
-you will always overweight as your consumsble, ammo, and gear are freaking heavy.
-your skill has terrible cast delay

#3 iSilverStorml

iSilverStorml

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 05:03 PM

Axe mecha
Pros:
+can use BS buff.
+major axe skill buff (Sea captain hat, supplement set, t howard card, step card, and arquien neckale)
Cons:
-more expensive than mado. Major equip are 500m++ except supplement gear and clean sea capt.

Mado mecha:
Pros:
+various skill and role.
+cheaper gear.
+can put defensive gear (you can use shield). You can have one armor for 4 elemental armor. 100% elemental resistance is possible.
Cons:
-Death = no madogear = your have to stop doing instance. You can't go inside on few instance if you exit.
-you will always overweight as your consumsble, ammo, and gear are freaking heavy.

Thank you for your thought out reply. 

I have just been hearing that Axe Mech have been boosted a lot and are super powerful. I currently run an RG at lvl 154 and it has been a huge uphill battle as its super hard to level up. Was hoping to find a class I enjoy playing, relatively cheaper to equip (2b allowance), easier to level up and be able to solo some valuable MVPs.

So as of the current meta, you think Axe is better or Mado? Thanks!

#4 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:14 PM

I have just been hearing that Axe Mech have been boosted a lot and are super powerful. I currently run an RG at lvl 154 and it has been a huge uphill battle as its super hard to level up. Was hoping to find a class I enjoy playing, relatively cheaper to equip (2b allowance), easier to level up and be able to solo some valuable MVPs.

You just described the best class for the job. GX.

#5 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:43 PM

Axe mecha
Pros:
+can use BS buff.
Cons:

Mado mecha:
Pros:
+various skill and role.
+cheaper gear.
Cons:

I disagree that Axe Mech more party friendly than Mado, I think you need to learn Mado basic skills more to make a better judgement

#6 iSilverStorml

iSilverStorml

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 07:33 PM

You just described the best class for the job. GX.

Hi Moyu, could you give me a short synopsis of what type of builds/gears are required for a decent GX atm? Thank you!

#7 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 August 2018 - 04:53 AM

Right now there are so many variations of gx that you could build right now. The one I would recommend to a new gx would be this one:

RC/CRS/MA/CI
Pros:
-Very strong.
-You can do instances very easily.
-Ability to 1 hit ko a lot of mvps with crs.
Cheap to gear.

The stat build is going to be focus around your gear but normally you want to have 90 Luk for the 75% Def bypass using pdm + enforcer shoes, gives you 95%.

We also got imperial feather. So a full (dmg) str rc build would go something like this when fully geared.

Top: +8-14 obc or eddga
Mid: imperial feather or tengu
Low:RG necklace or toy syringe
Weap: +15 crimson katar or jdr
Armor: depends on situation
Garment: +9 Faw fs16 wakwak or phreeoni wings depending on situation. I actually like to roll with toy syringe + flamel backpack.
Shoes:enforcer shoes (need to take required skills to make use of it) or go with temp str bp/fs
Acc: temp ring
Acc:pdm

A build for this equip set would be:

120 str
120 agi
Vit 90
Dex 30
Luk 90

This build would hit very hard, with the equips I put up, also you can crit when needed. It would be good to have phreeoni wings from the start since dex is low. This build is centered around the imperial feather and pdm but gives you room to use a lot of other stuffs.

Leeching gear worth getting :
Evil Dragon Armor
Thanatos katar with hunter fly

If you don't have any of the equips above go with this first :

Top: rideword hat
Mid: anything
Low: toy syringe or anything
Weapon: thanatos katar
Armor: EDA
Shoes: Temp str
Garment: hbp with flamel
Acc: keraunos x2

This equips are going to help you get to where you want.

There is so much more that i could write but, i am at work and on my cellphone.

Good luck.

#8 iSilverStorml

iSilverStorml

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 07:30 AM

Right now there are so many variations of gx that you could build right now. The one I would recommend to a new gx would be this one:

RC/CRS/MA/CI
Pros:
-Very strong.
-You can do instances very easily.
-Ability to 1 hit ko a lot of mvps with crs.
Cheap to gear.

The stat build is going to be focus around your gear but normally you want to have 90 Luk for the 75% Def bypass using pdm + enforcer shoes, gives you 95%.

We also got imperial feather. So a full (dmg) str rc build would go something like this when fully geared.

Top: +8-14 obc or eddga
Mid: imperial feather or tengu
Low:RG necklace or toy syringe
Weap: +15 crimson katar or jdr
Armor: depends on situation
Garment: +9 Faw fs16 wakwak or phreeoni wings depending on situation. I actually like to roll with toy syringe + flamel backpack.
Shoes:enforcer shoes (need to take required skills to make use of it) or go with temp str bp/fs
Acc: temp ring
Acc:pdm

A build for this equip set would be:

120 str
120 agi
Vit 90
Dex 30
Luk 90

This build would hit very hard, with the equips I put up, also you can crit when needed. It would be good to have phreeoni wings from the start since dex is low. This build is centered around the imperial feather and pdm but gives you room to use a lot of other stuffs.

Leeching gear worth getting :
Evil Dragon Armor
Thanatos katar with hunter fly

If you don't have any of the equips above go with this first :

Top: rideword hat
Mid: anything
Low: toy syringe or anything
Weapon: thanatos katar
Armor: EDA
Shoes: Temp str
Garment: hbp with flamel
Acc: keraunos x2

This equips are going to help you get to where you want.

There is so much more that i could write but, i am at work and on my cellphone.

Good luck.

Wow thank you so much for your time and wealth of knowledge! 

I'm gonna gamble some OCPs in hopes of feather/gambler's seal first. See what I can gear atm haha

If I get lucky I might finish getting my RG to max first...

Thank you again!

#9 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 10 August 2018 - 08:20 AM

from mechanic guide to GX guide. You have led the man towards the right way, kappa.

#10 iSilverStorml

iSilverStorml

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:29 PM

from mechanic guide to GX guide. You have led the man towards the right way, kappa.

Haha, is that why we have more GX and Genes on our server :heh: ? 

#11 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 11 August 2018 - 08:11 AM

Hahahaha. At the end of the day is your choice. I am just presenting to you what will be the easiest path to wealth and awesomeness.

#12 kiddo313

kiddo313

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 11:03 AM

Heya Mech Newbie,

While it is true that GX's outdamage mechs, that doesn't mean you should just give up on the Mechanic as a character.

Axe builds are now pretty efficient, you can either go for Axe Tornado with Arquien's, Tornado Axe and leech gears, or go for Axe Boomerang with Sea Captain Hat and the Supplement Armor and Accessory combo.

For Mados, the main AoE skill is still Arm Cannon, with Knuckle Boost being your single target damage spell.  Focus on those 2 skills first.  Then get Repair, and slowly try out the different support skills.  Pile Bunker will be your weapon of choice until you get to level 130, wherein you can start using the upgraded Pile Bunker P, S or T.

#13 NekoCaptainNoob

NekoCaptainNoob

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 11:41 AM

Axe mecha
Pros:
+can use BS buff.
Cons:

Mado mecha:
Pros:
+various skill and role.
+cheaper gear.
Cons:

My additional pros and cons 

Axe Mechanic   

Pros :

1.   More friendly for starters   it just improve combat ability a lot from  BS/MS 

good for first farming  character ,  you don't need HBP for Greed....  great for early Zeny farming  before you have stronger character doing instances

(Axe Tornado  and Greed  in Low-Mid TI when it's have expensive loots or etc items) 

2.   Can use Shield Spell buff from RG shield  to increase Atk     or even other class skills  that's obtain from gears   such as  Magnum Break  from Marine Sphere card

Cons : 

1.  The weapon forced to use  Tornado Axe   [T. Howard]    if want to spamming Axe Tornado with highest dmg 

because it's will have only 1 sec Axe Tornado cooldown  

other axes  such as   Crimson / Vicious mind  ,   Hurricane Fury  will have the main problem => 2 secs  Axe Tornado cooldown  

that's require skill combo during cooldown such as   Lava Flow > Axe Tornado > Hammer fall > Axe Tornado 

2. The Tornado Axe is Wind Element    when face against Shadow mobs   you need Aspersio   :<  

of course ... popular istances have  Shadow 3-4 / Undead mobs 

3. Lacks of gear flexibility  compare to other melee classes 

Mado Mechanic 

Cons :   

1.   Somewhat  main leveling skill  Arm Cannon have lower AOE at max level    3x3 at level 3 sucks 

when you're surrounded   it's  forced to use level 2 Arm Cannon  that's 5x5  can hit all mobs  surrounding around

higher level should have more dmg and AOE :< 

2.   Can't use BS/MS buffs  or even Vending   god... why....  (I want to vend w/o remove Mado :< ) 

3.  Also can't use other class skills that's obtain from gears too   (Of course ....  Shield spell   from RG shield too = =")

#14 iSilverStorml

iSilverStorml

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 07:11 PM

Thank you @kiddo313 and NekoCaptainNoob

The gear list you mentioned and general play style you recommended helped a lot interms of what to look out for!

I'm guessing axe tornado is easiest to level up? But the gear seams more exp. Arq are 1b a piece and the Tornado axe with T.Howard is 1b. The pilebunkers seam to be well priced! including the upgraded ones you mentioned. I def. have more options now thanks to you guys!

#15 NekoCaptainNoob

NekoCaptainNoob

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 07:43 PM

Seems like it's more expensive 

but Axe Mecha is easier to play and leveling for me 

1. You don't need to carry a lot of items such as equipment for  skill requirements  ,  Fuels   

2. Don't worry about death  especially doing instance    while Madogear always lost when death

3. Can get all benefit from BS/MS buffs and skill from gears  (Shield spell  from RG shield  etc.) 

4.  At end-game   I think  Axe Mech have more play styles 

Crit build   = Dmg is not bad at all  w/  Adenaline Rush , Max PW Thrust , Weapon Perfection , Maximized Power 

free weapons to use    such as    Sharp enchanted HF  ,  Holy Crimson 2H Axe  ,  Pickaxe  , Vicious mind 2H Axe

You can try Mace+Shield crit  if you want to be tanky      because most BS/MS buffs  works for Mace too..

also can share some crit gears from other class

Axe boomerang =  Become ranged single target killer....      Core items :    +10 Double Boomerang Pickaxe  ,  Supplement Str and Dex  ,  +9 Sea Captain  

Edited by NekoCaptainNoob, 11 August 2018 - 08:32 PM.

#16 kiddo313

kiddo313

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 10:11 PM

Thank you @kiddo313 and NekoCaptainNoob

The gear list you mentioned and general play style you recommended helped a lot interms of what to look out for!

I'm guessing axe tornado is easiest to level up? But the gear seams more exp. Arq are 1b a piece and the Tornado axe with T.Howard is 1b. The pilebunkers seam to be well priced! including the upgraded ones you mentioned. I def. have more options now thanks to you guys!

Yes, Tornado Axe builds are more expensive as Arquien's Necklace is an OCP item.  The only real key thing to get is Tornado Axe, and a source of leech if you plan on going this route.

Axe Boomerang is also a viable option as I previously mentioned.  Supplement Armor and Accessory plus a source of leech and Sea Captain Hat.

As for Mado, a source of leech and a Pile Bunker are all you really need to start.  Probably try and go for 2x Upgrade Gun Barrels too, cheap and effective.  Don't worry about the Pile Bunker as you can upgrade that to the P S or T variant when you get to level 130.  

Edited by kiddo313, 11 August 2018 - 10:14 PM.

#17 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 10:25 PM

I disagree that Axe Mech more party friendly than Mado, I think you need to learn Mado basic skills more to make a better judgement

As mado player, I run countless TI party and end up getting kicked because wearing mado gear. Since then I ONLY LEVELING with ET until now lvl 140 from 135. Lot of AB curse me for hindering their colo heal.

#18 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 10:28 PM

I prefer mado than axe. I dislike pot spamming and axe mecha gear are unfavorable by me during my first play.

#19 angelopaol1011

angelopaol1011

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 684 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 08 October 2018 - 09:02 PM

"The goal of all life is death" = Suicidal Destruction at its best...

Edited by angelopaol1011, 08 October 2018 - 09:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users