fishing event deep dive analysis - Ragnarok 1 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

fishing event deep dive analysis

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Azzylike

• Members
  • 11863 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 09 August 2018 - 06:38 AM

Welcoming fishing event 2018, since this is the nth time fishing quest is implemented. Some of us already figured out how it actually works. I just want to reintroduce my theory on how it works:

Every object has their own HP, our rod also has its own HP (i believe to be 5, CMIIW).

Every time you choose reel in, it will decrease object HP by 1. no matter the situation is (steady, towards you, pulling away).

Every time you choose reel in when the situation is the object pulling away, it will decrease rod HP by 1.

choosing hold steady and playing the line has neutral action (not decreasing either unit or rod HP).

So, the objective is to reel in as many times as you can while keeping your rod HP.

if the object HP is 0, you get that object. if your rod HP is 0, the object runs away.

conclusion:

object moves towards you -> reel in

object steady -> reel in

object pulling away from you -> hold steady or playing the line. or you can reel in if you know the object HP is already low. choosing reel in will decrease both object HP and your rod HP

fresh fish object has 1 HP

slipper object has 1 HP

giant squid on byalan has 40 HP, means you need to perform 'reel in' 40 times to get it.

Things i need to find out:

- Finding HP of other fishes.

Edited by fuyukikun, 10 August 2018 - 04:09 AM.

#2 Newbi001

Newbi001

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 August 2018 - 05:47 PM

Even this is a mini game, but the mechanic in fishing game seen logic lolz, thank for sharing your skill scroll.
:D 1st time fishing in ro, new costume hype is real. ' 3' MVP comp and fishing .....Hmm so hard to make decisions....

#3 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2532 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 09 August 2018 - 09:54 PM

what's the "new" costume anyway ?

#4 YongkySH

YongkySH