Nevermind, Imperial Feather sucks for RG, good for GX #Justice - Ragnarok 1 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Nevermind, Imperial Feather sucks for RG, good for GX #Justice

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7341 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:48 PM

I saw some hypes and how some sellers were selling it over 3.5 to 4bb for this piece. Then I sold my nudes to get some zeny in order to get this Imperial Feather to do "thug-style" experiments "quickly and roughly".

I think with current datas I have that I've gathered around so far (I was busy camping Ragial like hawk until BB is now 30m and was able to hoard couple hundreds again, so I stopped lol) ... I can not recommend this Imperial Feather. It might have some pros but cons are also sufficient enough to mention.

This is my opinion. When insane drop event ends and I have more time to run through every builds sand combinations on popular instances, I can finally give a more detail opinion. If you're gonna buy this piece for 3.5b+, I'd say its not worth it. Do at your own risk ~

Please discuss :pif: :pif: :pif:

Edited by ChakriGuard, 12 August 2018 - 02:27 PM.

#2 Diskence

Diskence

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 932 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:52 PM

It's good for people who have less gears but the more geared you are, you have to give up too much to use the set even if it is just Feather + Glove combo. 

This set is a no go. 

Edited by Diskence, 10 August 2018 - 11:52 PM.

#3 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Azzylike

• Members
  • 11850 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:26 AM

no one bothers to test something today, no time for that. everyone goes on farming frenzy.

#4 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2200 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:56 AM

ET ET ET! leave the testing for later~ thats ET in reverse

#5 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1222 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 August 2018 - 02:03 AM

RGs don’t want this gear, GXs want this gear.

#6 Diskence

Diskence

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 932 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 02:13 AM

The bonuses don't make sense for a RG. No one would ever go 120 Agi on RG. 

#7 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 14874 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unnova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 11 August 2018 - 02:14 AM

you dont use it for that portion of the combo :T

#8 Diskence

Diskence

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 932 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 02:15 AM

The other portion isn't worth it for the amount of slots it needs (Speaking from an OB/CS's point of view, I don't play VP)

Edited by Diskence, 11 August 2018 - 02:16 AM.

#9 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 14874 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 02:18 AM

there are stuff that are potentially better yes, but it doesnt mean this is bad either.
Either way, the GC part of the combo is good, although there are still more gears to come to enhace that skill more :v

#10 Diskence

Diskence

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 932 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 02:20 AM

It's definitely not bad but like I said earlier, this is good for people who have less gears to choose from but as you progressively become more gear it becomes less and less useful. 

#11 Diskence

Diskence

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 932 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 02:23 AM

Actually I should rephrase. It is good for a very long time, even as you become mid tier geared. But when you get to top of your gear this isn't good.

I didn't do the math on it before when I saw it (cause that's your job :) ) but I was pretty hyped for it obviously hype killed. 

#12 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 14874 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 02:27 AM

http://compare.irowiki.org

#13 Diskence

Diskence

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 932 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 02:27 AM

You overestimate me. I'm too lazy for that stuff, if I need something I'll just bug you and Varun for it.

Edited by Diskence, 11 August 2018 - 02:28 AM.

#14 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 14874 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 02:31 AM

ans i'll link it to you again :v

#15 andxres

andxres

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 04:01 AM

Imperial set are overated
Case closed

#16 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2200 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 11 August 2018 - 06:51 AM

GX? 120 str 120 luk and now 120 agi? Gawd no please  :heh:

#17 KingPoring86

KingPoring86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • LocationPoring Island
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 11 August 2018 - 09:52 AM

Look at him/her spam that MA (warning jRO content)

#18 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7341 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 10:32 AM

no one bothers to test something today, no time for that. everyone goes on farming frenzy.

But it really bugged me last night and I really want to get it done asap (good thing I didn’t hype it because I already left it would be pretty average). I think I will stop farming a while and try to test the set tonight anyway. My stubborn wife wants to use my RG to WoE tonight too, further limiting my time to use my account. Seriously who still WoEs? It’s a PvP feast lol

ET ET ET! leave the testing for later~ thats ET in reverse

Then D/C on floor 100th :^)

The bonuses don't make sense for a RG. No one would ever go 120 Agi on RG.

There are some pros and cons though. With Agi 120 and Imperial feather combo, you can get ASPD 193. With good ping or AHK or whatsoever, one can spam up to 5 VPs per sec and that’s huge DPS. Bunny +3 ASPD is not needed which now allows players to use a slotted Bunny instead. Along the line, PPA will also hits very hard but there is again a trade off in order to max PPA.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 11 August 2018 - 10:33 AM.

#19 Hogbae

Hogbae

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 06:47 PM

Same hype same cry for Gambler's Seal.

#20 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2517 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 11 August 2018 - 07:32 PM

Imperial feather is good for my CI build GX. :P

#21 LeeKelly

LeeKelly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • LocationUmbala; Amatsu

Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:36 AM

What is the verdict of Imperial Feather on RG?

#22 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7341 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:48 AM

What is the verdict of Imperial Feather on RG?

No verdict. It sucks badly that I don’t bother to make a video. It arrived too late now that we have Tengu and T. Ring.

#23 LeeKelly

LeeKelly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • LocationUmbala; Amatsu

Posted 12 August 2018 - 02:05 AM

No verdict. It sucks badly that I don’t bother to make a video. It arrived too late now that we have Tengu and T. Ring.

I see. So basically, really depends. If only you are not required to get 120 AGI, it could have turned better.

#24 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7341 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 02:50 AM

I see. So basically, really depends. If only you are not required to get 120 AGI, it could have turned better.

Maybe good for GX but for RG, my personal opinion, it’s a waste.

Most pieces may becheap but to use this set at its maximum, you need Agi 120 and Str 100/120. Note that droping Str from 120 to 100 already reduces Cannon spear damage a lot.

Now a RG also needs Dex to hit. Use +10 Phree? That piece is 3.5b and your overall damage without FAW will fall even lower. Thus, he needs high Dex, minimum 90.

What about Int? 30 is a minimum to maintain SP with an Incubus pet. Lower than this and he will need to spam Royal jellies or Straws. Note that Imperial Spear + Imperial Guard + Imperial Feather + Imperial Ring combo offers SP reduction altogether. This means your shield is fixed with Imperial Guard and you are missing out LOTS of good shields out there. Switch your shield and break the combo and your SP will drain out fast.

Luck could be left at 0 but if you think about it. It is so cheap to get it to 30 to get extra stats, why not?

Now Vit ... given that you need Agi 120. Dex and Str 120. Int and Luck 30. That leaves Vit around 60-65 which is too low. You will waste most of your time potting. You ant even use Toy syringe. Potting will be very expensive in long run. You can try to limit Str at 100 but you will already see damage differences.

Lastly this set is not noob friendly. Btw he time you get all stats ready, your RG will be at least level 150 hahaha

#25 LeeKelly

LeeKelly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • LocationUmbala; Amatsu

Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:04 AM

Maybe good for GX but for RG, my personal opinion, it’s a waste.

Most pieces may becheap but to use this set at its maximum, you need Agi 120 and Str 100/120. Note that droping Str from 120 to 100 already reduces Cannon spear damage a lot.

Now a RG also needs Dex to hit. Use +10 Phree? That piece is 3.5b and your overall damage without FAW will fall even lower. Thus, he needs high Dex, minimum 90.

What about Int? 30 is a minimum to maintain SP with an Incubus pet. Lower than this and he will need to spam Royal jellies or Straws. Note that Imperial Spear + Imperial Guard + Imperial Feather + Imperial Ring combo offers SP reduction altogether. This means your shield is fixed with Imperial Guard and you are missing out LOTS of good shields out there. Switch your shield and break the combo and your SP will drain out fast.

Luck could be left at 0 but if you think about it. It is so cheap to get it to 30 to get extra stats, why not?

Now Vit ... given that you need Agi 120. Dex and Str 120. Int and Luck 30. That leaves Vit around 60-65 which is too low. You will waste most of your time potting. You ant even use Toy syringe. Potting will be very expensive in long run. You can try to limit Str at 100 but you will already see damage differences.

Lastly this set is not noob friendly. Btw he time you get all stats ready, your RG will be at least level 150 hahaha

I see. Thanks Chak for your thoughts. I guess for RG you really need think about this Imperial Set real hard. But for other classes, this might actually help. GX especially. If only they changed the Agi Stat requirement to Str Stat so RG would benefit really well on this Feather.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users