Include MVPs in Spotlights - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Include MVPs in Spotlights

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1801 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 18 August 2018 - 03:57 AM

I get why MVPs were removed from spotlights, however, was it any worse than the current card drop event we have going on? I personally don't think so, and it's a safe assumption that other people agree. Please include them going forward.

Just don't run both spotlights and this type of event concurrently and it should be fine. Tao Gunka Cards flooded the server in the past due to a combination of spotlight, Tao being an option in MVP summoner (4h cooldown), a drop event, and spotlight not ending when it was supposed to, not due to the spotlight itself.

#2 Hogbae

Hogbae

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1247 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 August 2018 - 11:09 AM

+1. I swear this RGT Share event is feeling like bRO Bossnia: you blink and we have a new card anywhere.

#3 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 19 August 2018 - 12:13 AM

it doesnt compare to bossnia in the least :U

#4 Hogbae

Hogbae

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1247 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 04:39 AM

it doesnt compare to bossnia in the least :U

Still blink and get a card.

#5 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 04:45 AM

this bossnia seems fun

#6 Jerbear

Jerbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • LocationOutside Parts Unknown
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 19 August 2018 - 10:00 AM

With the existence of this current event, there's no reason not to do this now.

It would promote MVP competition within certain areas and having that spotlight change to differing MVPs would be refreshing. It's the way it used to be and it made going for those MVPs a more exciting endeavor because you knew for x amount of time, you'd have a better shot at pulling that winning number.

And honestly, I think people are enjoying the current event a lot, too. Maybe not for as long as this one is going to run if it came back in the future, but if it popped up for like a week a couple of times a year, it'd be a great thing.

Edited by Jerbear, 19 August 2018 - 10:02 AM.

#7 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 August 2018 - 11:58 AM

With the existence of this current event, there's no reason not to do this now.

It would promote MVP competition within certain areas and having that spotlight change to differing MVPs would be refreshing. It's the way it used to be and it made going for those MVPs a more exciting endeavor because you knew for x amount of time, you'd have a better shot at pulling that winning number.

And honestly, I think people are enjoying the current event a lot, too. Maybe not for as long as this one is going to run if it came back in the future, but if it popped up for like a week a couple of times a year, it'd be a great thing.

This is good for field MvPs... but if Lighthalzen had a spotlight that included MvP cards, that won't apply to the Wolchev Laboratory Instance.

Same for Central Laboratory, GMT, and any other big name instances. Although, the easy fix would just manually adjust the rate for these instances, it will make the spotlight less interesting since people just loathe competition in MvP.

I agree after what the GMs did with this event, there's really no holding back. Spotlight can't be as abused as badly as what this event did.

#8 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 06:03 PM

Same for Central Laboratory, GMT, and any other big name instances. Although, the easy fix would just manually adjust the rate for these instances, it will make the spotlight less interesting since people just loathe competition in MvP.

It summons the same monsters = same drop table everywhere. It would require copies of every MVP and spawning them separately to adjust drop tables individually from place to place.

#9 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 07:49 PM

+1, why to heck not. 

#10 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 08:37 AM

MVPs were removed from spotlights as often the events would cause them to send users in negative EXP values of something like 40%. It was consistently happening which is why they were dropped. We could start spotlighting them for drops only but we don't do them for EXP.

#11 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 20 August 2018 - 09:08 AM

MVPs were removed from spotlights as often the events would cause them to send users in negative EXP values of something like 40%. It was consistently happening which is why they were dropped. We could start spotlighting them for drops only but we don't do them for EXP.

Pretty sure everyone would be fine with that, lol

#12 Jerbear

Jerbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • LocationOutside Parts Unknown
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 20 August 2018 - 10:01 AM

I don't think anyone really uses MVPs for exp anymore short of Bloody Branches

#13 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 11:25 AM

There are only a handfull of MVPs that can have this issue tho, like Ifrit and Beelz. Most of low/mid tier MVPs give a very moderate amount of exp.

#14 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 21 August 2018 - 10:36 AM

Still blink and get a card.

I'm blinking furiously but where's are my card(s) from ET/CL/Summoner?  :p_sad:

Drop only would be fine/great. Most people who are hunting field MVP are max level anyway, otherwise it will be hard for them to compete with other max level players. +1

#15 Hogbae

Hogbae

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1247 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 02:49 PM

I think we all are aiming for drops, not for exp. Hehe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users