• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 04:03 PM

I need a tank for my gene and I have no idea on what skills and items suras use for leveling. Wiki and pinned guides seem outdated and recent videos mostly show lion's howl with devil's hand.

I have a 99 monk from the last janeway. I have no idea how to level it to 99/70 since mercenary/magnum break is only good up to around 56-70.

What's the most cost-effective set-up for leveling? Stats/skills
I can't afford outrageous mvp gears but I can afford almost any OCP item.

Edited by mikkotinamide, 20 August 2018 - 04:14 PM.

#2 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1243 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 August 2018 - 04:07 PM

Devil's Hand + Lion's Howl combo will be the quickest way to level. You can also get by with Lighting Ride + an Old Blazing Soul combo. The former is faster and more fun.

#3 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 20 August 2018 - 04:12 PM

all the "outdated" guides still work just fine. There are just even better gear options. See what is the core of what you are looking for in those builds and you"ll be fine.

#4 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 04:17 PM

Do I just use lion's howl right from the start? Someone here mentioned lion's howl is not good for 100-130 ish? Is it true?

What does a lion's howl set-up look like? Is Lion's howl ranged? I have most of the staple gene gears (pdm, temporal, eda, faw ea10)

and how do I level a champ from 70-99?

Edited by mikkotinamide, 20 August 2018 - 11:40 PM.

#5 yuzknight2

yuzknight2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 01:41 PM

Lion's Howling (LH) is hard to get in low level, you need to invest in some job point to get Lightning Ride (for reduction of LH's cast time), Earth Shaker (to reduce LH's cooldown 9,5s), Rampage Blast (for 50% damage to boss, for leveling this is not really necessary). Also, you need to max Rising Dragon to get max 15 Spirit Spheres (since LH needs 5 Spheres per cast, if not you will always use LH > Zen > LH > Zen, but it's possible if you do 1 shot on mob).

So, it's bit need more effort to get LH at low level.

LH is not ranged atk, but melee AoE 15x15.

The easiest way to level Champ is using autocast gear (like: Ifrit Mask, ROFL ROR, Lunar Rainbow + 4 card combo on Valkyrie Hammer, Mask of Hero for reflect or can use MBS too, etc) and use Mental Strength, then walk and use pot/fish with skelly pet.

If you dont have that, just be a puller at low TI.

#6 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 11:01 PM

Is ROFL/ROR advisable? 

What other gears should I get? I've already tried lunar rainbow + 4 cards with harpies and it's fine. But would it work in nogg until you can at least get sky blow or lion's howl?

#7 yuzknight2

yuzknight2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 01:49 AM

ROFL+ROR worked fine for me, I leveled all my low level chars using autocast gear like i said above. Work fine at Low TI/Nogg/etc. Just bring Fly Wing/Belzee wing and potion+toy or fish+skelly.

#8 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 09:01 AM

How do you autocast level without MS? I am a few skill points short, I can't get MS right after maneater quests.

#9 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1243 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 10:11 AM

My best suggestion would be to level using Lighting Ride til you get Rampage Blast then switch to Lion's Howl. You can also get by with Tiger Cannon build but it's a pain in the butt to level.

#10 yuzknight2

yuzknight2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 06:02 PM

How do you autocast level without MS? I am a few skill points short, I can't get MS right after maneater quests.

Even without MS, lot of gears can be used for autocast dude. Spoon [1], MBS [1], CD in Mouth, A/ROR A/ROFL, Lunar Rainbow+4carded weapon, Mask of Hero+Shield. I did all on my Biochem, Bard, Rogue, Dancer, Monk, Priest, etc.

For low Lever Sura I become fully tanker in TI till I get what skill i want for fully Lion's Howl. Or you can try Lightning Ride or Sky Blow etc, but still bit hard to level new Sura. Takes time.

#11 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 07:39 PM

So lightning ride is better than spamming sky blow with focus beret?

#12 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 24 August 2018 - 11:05 PM

U dont need mental strentgh to autocast.
Just have good reduction, high HP and fast fingers to pot.

#13 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 24 August 2018 - 11:12 PM

Levelled mine with Skyblow the switched to TC in 130sh some 6 or so years ago, prolly still relevant today

#14 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 06:40 AM

Oh. Pot. I just assumed it's possible to do reflect without MS and pots.

Isnt sky blow build the same as tc build?

#15 Hogbae

Hogbae

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1247 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 08:45 AM

Afk level it or leech. Lolol

#16 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 01:58 PM

Should I get int + dex for mob scarf bonus isntead of int + vit? Will I lose a lot of survivability by dropping vit?

#17 Hogbae

Hogbae

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1247 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 07:06 PM

Autocast/afk, Flash Combo, Lion's Howl or leech (i'm going with this).

#18 Orthogon

Orthogon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 08:41 PM

Should I get int + dex for mob scarf bonus isntead of int + vit? Will I lose a lot of survivability by dropping vit?

You won't have enough stat points to get full Mob Scarf bonus at low level anyway, you'll be able to get [INT + DEX] = 160 for 240 matk and put the rest in VIT.

#19 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1243 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 09:34 PM

If time is an issue just buy a bunch of blank cards and convert them to prize medals. You can trade them for base or job exps. They stack with server bonus + bmx3. Probably a cheaper option than buying the gears needed to level. Once you have enough skills level juat grab a +10 devil's hand and grind your eyes out at NCT.

#20 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 26 August 2018 - 10:38 PM

If time is an issue just buy a bunch of blank cards and convert them to prize medals. You can trade them for base or job exps. They stack with server bonus + bmx3. Probably a cheaper option than buying the gears needed to level. Once you have enough skills level juat grab a +10 devil's hand and grind your eyes out at NCT.

I thought blank cards are just for trolling

#21 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 02:01 PM

If i'm going to use sky blow until I get lion's howl and other skills, what's a good stat progression?

and what weapon should I get for all around leveling? I might use hunter fly on them. Will spartacus still be good post-nerf?

#22 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 11:42 PM

I guess I'm just gonna level with sky blow and get lion's howl afterwards. What's the best affordable (non-mjolnir) weapon for leveling? 

Edited by mikkotinamide, 28 August 2018 - 11:43 PM.

#23 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3541 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 04:56 PM

Level to noggroad using sky blow until 120 then go to scarabs with lion howl using malicious spartacus. That would one hit scarabs. Then go to nct

#24 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 05:33 AM

Is spartacus the best leveling weapon for 2 Hunter fly? Will it still be good post-nerf?

#25 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts
  • LocationPadepokan Pencak Silat
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 06 September 2018 - 03:33 AM

Illusion Long Mace and +15 crimson mace will be good sura leveling weapons from lvl 99 to 175.

Spartacus will be badly crippled after the nerf patch, since it will be changed into actual in-game drake effect (negate damage penalty from all size monsters) instead of current 100% damage bonus to all size.

It's still good for transfer refine purpose, but be wary of some scammer since if they already initially claimed for refine level increase it wont be possible to transfer the refines to other similar lvl 4 weapons.

GM has tagged spartacus that already claimed for refine level increase, so better safe than sorry by doing GM trades to confirm the spartacus that you're buying to have its refine level transferred is not claimed yet for refine increase, or still eligible for transfer refine purpose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users