Amistr > Sera. Level 99... what now? - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Amistr > Sera. Level 99... what now?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 DrArthur

DrArthur

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 217 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 08:11 PM

Sunken Ship isn't really an option anymore. The place stinks. The sheer amount of griefers, KSers, and general -_-clowns makes it too stressful to be worth it. It's like people think it's open season to turn into an -_-hole the second they enter.

Tried OD2... except for the fact that almost every tile is occupied by a Lava Slide or Poison Mist. It's even worse than SS somehow.

OD1 isn't nearly mobby generally.

I have no attacking skills so even something like Harpies tears my poor guy apart.

Am I really supposed to cart him around low-spawn gigantic maps like... Groves or something for days on end just to get him to 100? Even at 105... I get Needle of Paralysis which he can use like what, 6 times before he's out of SP? Not too great for offense it seems...

#2 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Both

Posted 23 August 2018 - 09:04 PM

sera isnt made for attacking. that's the hardest part of leveling a sera. no aoe til you get poison mist. 

#3 DrArthur

DrArthur

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 217 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 09:09 PM

sera isnt made for attacking. that's the hardest part of leveling a sera. no aoe til you get poison mist. 

Is the neverending torment of Sunken Ship really all I have until... 116? :(

I even contemplated chucking Blue Potions at my Homunculus for Needle of Paralysis at higher level areas (Harpy? Maybe something harder, I don't know), reasoning that I can probably craft them well enough, or just buy the darn things, but... that'd require getting to at least 105.

#4 Hendra88

Hendra88

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 09:34 PM

Is the neverending torment of Sunken Ship really all I have until... 116? :(

I even contemplated chucking Blue Potions at my Homunculus for Needle of Paralysis at higher level areas (Harpy? Maybe something harder, I don't know), reasoning that I can probably craft them well enough, or just buy the darn things, but... that'd require getting to at least 105.

U can leveling at payon cave, at payon munak map where there is spot for hydra .. that is where i leveling my dieter before getting lavaslide from amitstr,

Edited by Hendra88, 23 August 2018 - 09:34 PM.

#5 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 23 August 2018 - 09:57 PM

or endure the small exp given by anthell eggs

#6 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 09:00 AM

Or just wait until the homun event craze dies down? Earlier this year, there was actually shortage of people camping in od2, I had to bring in my other maxed out homun just to help.

#7 DrArthur

DrArthur

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 217 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 12:58 PM

U can leveling at payon cave, at payon munak map where there is spot for hydra .. that is where i leveling my dieter before getting lavaslide from amitstr,

I just got back from there... about two hours only yielded 4.6%... that feels agonizingly bad. I'm only Lv99, is it really supposed to be this bad?

@mikkotinamide: When is it going to die down? Even after the EXP event, people are still going to be leveling them. That won't change much. And sadly I kind of do need other players in a map to help spawns go... I just don't need BBing -_-heads or KSing -_-holes like everyone feels entitled to become in Sunken Ship.

#8 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 August 2018 - 03:20 PM

Does EXP event even affect homunculus? I remember when this new system of % was introduced, it was confirmed that global exp boosts didn't increased the exp gotten from homunculus but only spotlights did. Did that change or what?

@ontopic I've lvled several Amistr/Seras and I can tell you the best place to lvl them is OD2. As said above, you should just wait a lil bit for people to start leaving the map cause it's hella crowded right now. For now, you can try Orc Ladies/Warriors or maybe recruit people for OD1 (I'm down for that).

#9 Hogbae

Hogbae

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1247 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 03:33 PM

That early levels up to 116 when you unlock AoE skill will be the slowest ever.

#10 Hendra88

Hendra88

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 07:58 PM

I just got back from there... about two hours only yielded 4.6%... that feels agonizingly bad. I'm only Lv99, is it really supposed to be this bad?

@mikkotinamide: When is it going to die down? Even after the EXP event, people are still going to be leveling them. That won't change much. And sadly I kind of do need other players in a map to help spawns go... I just don't need BBing -_-heads or KSing -_-holes like everyone feels entitled to become in Sunken Ship.

In munak map it is much better if you semi afk, teleport while mobbing munak and wait until homun killing them, the spot i was talking about got many hydras spawned + some munak and soldier skel, and if you compare their exp to OD2 it is not different so much so if you say 2 hours only got 4% i think it is weird ..

Does EXP event even affect homunculus? I remember when this new system of % was introduced, it was confirmed that global exp boosts didn't increased the exp gotten from homunculus but only spotlights did. Did that change or what?

@ontopic I've lvled several Amistr/Seras and I can tell you the best place to lvl them is OD2. As said above, you should just wait a lil bit for people to start leaving the map cause it's hella crowded right now. For now, you can try Orc Ladies/Warriors or maybe recruit people for OD1 (I'm down for that).

EXP event dont effect on homun, spotlight map effect on homun exp gained

#11 DrArthur

DrArthur

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 217 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 10:27 PM

In munak map it is much better if you semi afk, teleport while mobbing munak and wait until homun killing them, the spot i was talking about got many hydras spawned + some munak and soldier skel, and if you compare their exp to OD2 it is not different so much so if you say 2 hours only got 4% i think it is weird ..

EXP event dont effect on homun, spotlight map effect on homun exp gained

I was at the spring where like 15+ Hydra spawn.

It sucked.

If I'm going to teleport around, I don't think that's a great area to do it.

OD2 is... okay but the EXP gain now just sucks. I wish I would've kept him an Amistr until 115. >_>

He lost over 20 ASPD, he gets stunned constantly for no apparent reason in areas that can't even stun like Sunken Ship, and my AzzyAI now behaves like a complete -_- idiot after I turned Sera. It rarely uses buff skills (Blood Lust usually has to be used manually now for some odd reason, Bulwark is sometimes used), has terrible pathfinding and usually just stands there more often than not while mobbing up more and more monsters... and still not attacking.

Edited by DrArthur, 24 August 2018 - 10:28 PM.

#12 Hendra88

Hendra88

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 11:44 PM

set your base homun correctly for the homun S .. stunned because of low vit

there is no better alternatives when leveling homun S until it get a aoe skill so be patient and enjoy it

#13 Hogbae

Hogbae

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1247 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 05:29 AM

set your base homun correctly for the homun S .. stunned because of low vit

there is no better alternatives when leveling homun S until it get a aoe skill so be patient and enjoy it

Be patient, afk and Netflix all day.

#14 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 10:38 AM

Be patient, afk and Netflix all day.

^

Also, set DanceAttack on, it does wonders for the early lvls without an AoE :)

#15 Hogbae

Hogbae

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1247 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 10:57 AM

^

Also, set DanceAttack on, it does wonders for the early lvls without an AoE :)

This is true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users