Mana Shield Damage Cap Interaction - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Mana Shield Damage Cap Interaction

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 August 2018 - 09:34 PM

As I said before I would post a video, not sure if I should bother posting it in bug reports, but this 'bug' is part of the reason why Mages are potentially so tankish. For anyone saying mage's can get killed in 2-4 skills.... it doesn't happen.

Edited by Phish, 23 August 2018 - 09:35 PM.

#2 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 23 August 2018 - 09:43 PM

In short, the Damage cap is set by your max HP, by forcing a low HP, and ultra high MP / Barrier Size, you can take more hits to the shield.

Here's a rough math example.

20,000 HP

45% Cap = 9,000

Barrier Size: 30,000

Total Effective HP: 50,000

5 attacks are needed to kill this mage if every hit is at 9,000 [Damage Cap]

Now, 10,000 HP

45% Cap = 4,500

Barrier Size: 30,000

Total Effective HP: 40,000

8 total attacks are needed to kill this mage if every hit is at cap [4,500]

In short, the lower your HP, the lower the static damage cap amount is. This cap, has no relation to your barrier. So by having a forced low HP amount, with as large a barrier as possible, you force more attacks needed to kill the mage over-all, even though it's less damage.

This is one of those situations where band-aid solutions to imbalance [Damage Caps] back fires and makes an even larger problem. 

Thanks for the upload demonstration Phish. 

Edit: I think it's worth pointing out, the damage cap is only active in PvP situations, PvE does not use this system. IE PvE while 'easier' is from a maths point of view, more balanced. 

Edited by Feuer, 23 August 2018 - 09:45 PM.

#3 henrycao

henrycao

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 04:53 PM

Thanks for the help getting my point across Phish.

@Kilauae, you seeing this? My champ wouldn't even be able to 3 shot a naked mage let alone you.

@Feuer, there is no reason for you to argue against my coldsnap status effect removal proposal. It took TurtleG 6 hits to kill a naked mage. There is no reason for a Mage with this kind of damage cap defensive capability to also have an 8 second root.

#4 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 09:52 PM

Yes, there is. The point of coldsnap is utility. It's there to help assist the Mage is regaining or maintaining it's range advantage. The problem isn't Coldsnap. The problem is the damage rates of the game. 

Here's an example of what it means.

If it takes a Mage 10 or so seconds to kill essentially any target, and the root is 8 seconds long, plus a rough 2 seconds to reach the target; then the spell feels and is massively over powered.

If it takes a Mage 30 seconds to kill an enemy, and the root is still 8 seconds, this is much much less of an advantage.

If it takes Ranged targets on average 30 seconds to kill an enemy, and roughly 20 seconds for a Melee to kill a target, that 8 second root, now becomes a utility and possible method to turn the fight from a loss to a possible win.

The problem is NOT cold snap. The problem is how long engagements lasts in ROSE, they're too fast. They're too fast for an 8 second root to exist. But that doesn't make the root a problem. 

And ultimately, altering Coldsnap is a band-aid solution to a bigger problem. This is exactly the type of mentality that is leading ROSE further and further into a niche, confusing, broken and un-fun gameplay experience. We need to stop doing this, and DEMAND a better gameplay experience. We need to stop making these poor requests to address 1 issue that changes the landscape, opens up some other broken mechanic that then coninues the cycle. We need to work with the Staff, convince them that going back to the core elements of the gameplay, and make adjustments. 

Yes, this Barrier issue is a problem. Yes, coldsnap is overly powerful. No, nerfing these two specific things is not going to fix the bigger problem.

If I had to make a few suggestions to start, these would be my primary targets:

1: Drastically reduce the number of Hard CC's. All classes should only have a couple, 2 maybe 3 across all builds of that class. Any more than that, and we'll need the next point.

2: Diminishing Returns on Hard CC*. You should not spend the majority of an engagement, not controlling your character. That's not fun. Hard CC should be a utility, used at specific, timely points of an engagement to achieve a KO. They should not be endlessly spammed.

3: Adjust all passive, class tree stat multipliers [Specifically AP]: We have far far too many passive and multiplicative damage amps in ROSE. There's no reason for it other than arbitrary number fluff to make it visually look like you're more powerful, when ultimately you're doing the same % of health. However, due to defensive stats not scaling nearly as fast, and having significantly less sources [passively] for most classes, the damage amps eventually win the race, and over time scale disproportionately out of control. Removal of damage passive may be something to look at but ONLY if large prunes of the amounts the provide doesn't yield significant results.
4: Dodge + Accurate Rating: Dodge is a static number compared to the static accuracy amount of your attacker. Ultimately you shouldn't be able to stack your dodge so high, that a class with little or no accuracy attunements can only hit you 5 strikes out of 100. [5% chance] That's such a high degree of damage reduction, that even if you had 0 defense, and 50% of the HP of any other class, you'd still have an advantage and would ultimately only lose to a very rare case of RNG. Dodge should have a diminished return in the same manner as Defense/M.Defense with a lower soft-cap [probly 60%] and dodge buffs can be more properly managed to give the rating equivalent in static amount. Accuracy could be a flat negation based on rating in the same manner.

5: Less stat multiplicity / interaction. You could easily adjust the damage amps, by removing certain interactions. For example, Criticals currently benefit from enhance damage. You could test the removal of this interaction. If you Crit, Enhance is not calculated. If you don't crit, then you gain that enhanced benefit. There's not a necessity for these two stats to have a relationship. It's worth testing as the results could be quite nice and effective at smoothing out the gameplay.

Those would be the first 5 things I'd look at. 

I'd also do them one at a time, not in one big go. And I'd introduce them gradually, not a complete system overhaul, as the result could be just as chaotic as our current experience. 

#5 Kilauae

Kilauae

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 12:01 PM

You guys are using misguided non realistic ways to argue that the shield is overpowered. If anything its under powered and needs to be revamped. The scaling of how fast and how high damage outputs are on here, the shield drops so fast you barely have time to recast it and stay alive. Realistically speaking in actual game play, any class can drop that shield in a few skills. You left out the most broken skill on bourg which is the skill that can literally wipe the shield and nearly the entire hp bar of any class, now rotate it with nearly any skill on a bourg; the 3 sec. stun. Not to mention the fact your casting the skills slow enough for people to be able to notice the damage being taken which is not the case when its actually being played. I mean I can go into even further detail lol, Bourg's have a skill that buffs their AP through the roof; or If they want to be tanky with a boost of mspd they can. You can effectively tank quite a bit with that skill. How do you debate a class that takes the highest damage out of every class and essentially the easiest to actually kill, any class and almost any skill nearly produces around 5,000 damage ~ initial skill damage. 7,000+ skill damage done on a mage is a regular thing. That's nearly half the shield's capability at its strongest state with 100% mana, in 1 skill. 

Having any Damage over time skills can take the shield out alone, minus all the skill damage being dealt.

The shield is literally the only thing keeping a mage alive, once down they're literally free kills. Now throw in all the other factors that are suppose to be included because I don't know how you discuss/debate something with only partial assessment. Don't take this personal either Adam, but your using skills on a mage at a slower pace which I understand so we all can get a clear view of the damage being dealt. But you can't leave out the fact that your not even using the strongest skill on a bourg, regardless it has a burn effect or not. Those are part of the skills used on nearly every class.

The entire damage output; PVP system of this game is destroyed by all the amplifiers regarding runes;passives. 

I mean by all means go record some actual gameplay footage, showing this almighty shield on mages. 

@Adam go que your bourg into a DP match and show us some footage with a mage on the opposing team.

@Henry you go do the same, or go pvp a mage show us the power of the coldsnap and shield. 

Edited by Kilauae, 25 August 2018 - 01:54 PM.

#6 Kilauae

Kilauae

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 02:39 PM

https://youtu.be/1348UwV17z8

This is like an regular occurrence, this isn't a rare occasion. You rarely get to see the damage being done to the shield. Skills are casted so quickly the shield is literally down in seconds. This is done without any DoT Skills. And not even factoring in all the stuns/sleeps that could happen. Lol how is this shield even being debated as overpowered. This is how the shield is used in real-time gameplay, and how quickly it is taken down so easily.  

Edited by Kilauae, 25 August 2018 - 03:27 PM.

#7 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 04:43 PM

The video I posted was to show how the damage cap works on the shield in a controlled environment. I also intentionally omitted dot skills on purpose, but obviously they do additional damage after they hit for the cap. My point was if it took my bourg 4 skills to fully break the shield on my naked level 230 mage, then it's not actually taking 1 skill to break yours when you have actual armor, passives, pvp defense runes etc. In an actual dp match or game with many people theres so many things going on and also Rose is notorious for poor client/server synchronization that it sometimes looks like you take more damage from one skill than you actually do. The whole 'stacked damage' conspiracy is mainly poor synchronization. Besides, you were getting hit by a bourg, mage and Raider (like 1 skill but still) and you still lived to tell the tale (Most classes would be dead, but thats no the whole subject here).

#8 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 10:06 PM

Hey, you're using my stat effect icons :o Wonder how you got those :> 

#9 kojek

kojek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 02:01 AM

https://youtu.be/1348UwV17z8

0:13 sec .
How can u use 2 skills on the same time ?
Even i see that is look like just 1 skill on that doctormanhattan, but on the skill bars ,2 skill used on same time.

#10 Snuwfer

Snuwfer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 07:29 PM

and there goes charlie posting a video while using cheat engine \ modified game client for stacking without a care in the world

#11 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 09:15 PM

.....Snuwfer. How do you know that's the case? 

1: Modifying your UI, is allowed, and there is instructions on the forums FROM GENESIS on how to achieve it.

2: You don't need cheat engine OR a modified client to overlap animations....

Why do you insist on constantly accusing him of doing it in every video he posts? I don't get it dude. You have no proof other than things that are allowed and or happen with the default client, and nothing else. Just stop dude. Call out people when it makes sense to do it, not every single time they speak because you think you proved it on [a] separate occasion[s]. 

Besides, this is about the Mana Shield damage cap and how you can manipulate it, and his video is part of the evidence he's using to make a counter argument. Meawhile your post is there only to start a flame war, and draw attention away from the topic. You doing that on purpose? Or did you just not think about the consequences of that post on it's own I wonder. 

#12 LOLtheyAngry

LOLtheyAngry

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 01:00 AM

So let me try to make sense out of this...

• you guys are saying the lower the hp the lower the max dmg correct? coz of the 45% cap?
  • when a mage is has shield on the max dmg is still the same cap as the hp?
  • are you guys expecting the dmg cap to go up when a mage has shield on?

if all the above bullets are true then tell me what will be the defense mech for a mage? a mage that misses shield or gets stunned by any reason is auto dead if they cant make a run for it on time. I takes skill to play a mage its not just about the shield. many factors come into play. the mp and shield is the only def mech if you are wanting for the dmg cap to up when the shield is on i say thats only for your benefit guys. Play a mage see what happens perhaps? you guys want the fights to last longer but you're trying to reduce whatever suitability of mage has.

FYI i know you guys already know but just in case you are forgetting the more you cast shield the less the effects. it already has its drawbacks. the point you guys are trying to make is just plain SELF SERVING! dont try to use whatever cred you have in game/forums to sway dev decisions towards your favor.

#13 Kilauae

Kilauae

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 04:25 AM

The shield needs to be revamped to be stronger if anything. I think it's fine just the way it is tho, considering nothing will ever be balanced on Rose or changed. We got 1 developer doubt if he can't manage to fix the game-breaking bugs he's going to spend time testing and balancing out the classes or make any real change to the game mechanics.

Edited by Kilauae, 27 August 2018 - 06:11 AM.

#14 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 07:38 AM

• you guys are saying the lower the hp the lower the max dmg correct? coz of the 45% cap?
  • when a mage is has shield on the max dmg is still the same cap as the hp?
  • are you guys expecting the dmg cap to go up when a mage has shield on?

if all the above bullets are true then tell me what will be the defense mech for a mage? a mage that misses shield or gets stunned by any reason is auto dead if they cant make a run for it on time. I takes skill to play a mage its not just about the shield. many factors come into play. the mp and shield is the only def mech if you are wanting for the dmg cap to up when the shield is on i say thats only for your benefit guys. Play a mage see what happens perhaps? you guys want the fights to last longer but you're trying to reduce whatever suitability of mage has.

FYI i know you guys already know but just in case you are forgetting the more you cast shield the less the effects. it already has its drawbacks. the point you guys are trying to make is just plain SELF SERVING! dont try to use whatever cred you have in game/forums to sway dev decisions towards your favor.

There's a secondary reason beyond stun spam why every mage is primarily wind, the defense mech for mage is dodge [second to CC]. Between CC, dodge, and the Damage Cap, you can refresh shields fairly regularly, not to mention movement speed + range. 

It's not a hard idea to grapple. 

If you ask me, the shield SHOULD be revamped, but not to be stronger, but in how it works.

It should convert a portion of the damage to take to the shield/MP pool, not flat out prevent HP damage all together. 

Lotta games use this style of shielding, as it's more along the lines of active mitigation, and still incentivizes you to gain more HP, not restrict it to a minimum. But I honestly don't know if that's possible let alone would be considered as it's a balance issue, and balance issues are black listed from the DEV's work sheet.

Edited by Feuer, 27 August 2018 - 07:41 AM.

#15 henrycao

henrycao

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 08:35 AM

• you guys are saying the lower the hp the lower the max dmg correct? coz of the 45% cap? yes
  • when a mage is has shield on the max dmg is still the same cap as the hp? yes
  • are you guys expecting the dmg cap to go up when a mage has shield on? no, we're expecting the damage cap on the mana shield to be removed. Afterall, it is a buff and not legitimate HP.

if all the above bullets are true then tell me what will be the defense mech for a mage?

Not all the bullets above were true, but I'll answer this question anyways. The defense mech is still the mana shield, but without a damage cap at 45% hp. Dodge, range, mspeed, mspeed downs, stuns, mutes, hp, resistances.

a mage that misses shield or gets stunned by any reason is auto dead if they cant make a run for it on time.

The only chance for some classes to kill a mage is if the opponent times the stun to interrupt the cast animation of the mana shield. If they can do it, they should be rewarded for it. You should not be expecting any class in general to be unkillable.

I takes skill to play a mage its not just about the shield. many factors come into play.

Same with everyone else, playing other classes. =)

the mp and shield is the only def mech if you are wanting for the dmg cap to up when the shield is on i say thats only for your benefit guys.

Utilize dodge, range, mspeed, mspeed downs, stuns, mutes, hp, and any type of resistances. These are all def mechs.

It's to your benefit too, you won't need to worry about increasing the damage cap on mana shield with each HP from Str, which gives you 0.3 base attack power per point. Which will benefit your scaling with enhance damage within reasonable limits.

You can then use runes like the Body, and Arm runes with PvP resistance and not need to worry about the HP being counter productive to the mana shield against classes hitting over the hp cap if the mana shield cap is removed.

Play a mage see what happens perhaps? you guys want the fights to last longer but you're trying to reduce whatever suitability of mage has.

Suitability of a mage being the class that has no counter other then another mage.

FYI i know you guys already know but just in case you are forgetting the more you cast shield the less the effects.

The mage can kill any target before the shield even gets refreshed that many times.

it already has its drawbacks. the point you guys are trying to make is just plain SELF SERVING!

dont try to use whatever cred you have in game/forums to sway dev decisions towards your favor.

I know you have a mage, but there are no class that can stand on even footing with a mage other than a mage itself.

Edited by henrycao, 27 August 2018 - 09:15 AM.

#16 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 10:41 AM

I forgot to address this point

"the point you guys are trying to make is just plain SELF SERVING! dont try to use whatever cred you have in game/forums to sway dev decisions towards your favor."

https://youtu.be/hXoZWtpEAjs

My main [or my former main since I'm on hiatus] is a Mage. This notion that someone if stating there's a problem with a class MUST be "self serving" only illustrates one thing; that you don't know who you're debating with and make assumptions about them. 

Don't assume you know peoples intentions, it's ignorant. 

Also try to keep in mind, that was done in PvE, where the Damage Cap doesn't exist, and ultimately makes cheesing the mechanic impossible. 

Edited by Feuer, 27 August 2018 - 10:42 AM.

#17 Kilauae

Kilauae

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 03:24 PM

Honestly, most of the points or arguments you guys are trying to make aren't realistic nor thorough enough. 

Most of it sounds like non sense. 

And first of all to even start, this so called "Mana shield" was already nerfed before.

How are you even trying to argue that the damage cap even plays a noticable role into the PVP aspect of Rose lol.

That's the dumbest unrealistic argument I've ever heard of to this day after playing Rose on/off for years.

The mana shield is based on MP, why would they change it to take damage proportioned off HP values? 

That's not a bug lol, that's what it's intended to do.

Every class relies on defense/dodge/hp/block/crit defense as their defense.

Mages rely on the Mana shield and MP alone. No other defense stat benefits a mage to a noticable effect; adding HP to a mage does nothing it's dropped so fast; Dodge? Yeah lets be serious for a sec; Crit. defense? Non existent on a mage.

How are you even trying to argue against a mana shield that gets broken in a matter of seconds and nearly any skill manages to do anywhere from 5k~10k damage.

Nobody on Rose is changing their HP value's to a lower amount to avoid a higher damage cap, that just sounds retarded. No offense atleast think about what you're saying.

Yes I know, you're talking about mages specifically. How do you even change your HP amount to actually make a difference....

Don't add strength? Uh... are we even being serious right now lmao. I'm sorry this is a joke.

How fast and how high damage is output to the actual strength of the shield itself is alone flawed on the weaker standpoint.

When that shield goes down, there no defense. Those are almost instant kills. It takes time to actually cast the shield, you have to fully go through the animation which most of the time results in dying cause the damage output and rate. 
@Henry I'm sorry once again you need to think before you speak. Your champ or yet alone even an unruned champ is powerful enough to down a shield so quickly and kill a mage its retarded, that's why you were crying about coldsnap because people aren't dumb enough to walk straight into a champ yet alone any class and using their utility skills to their advantage. 

I mean is this even real. You said their unkillable, but yet you've beat mages in PVP's 99% of the time. Lmao.

Nobody is lowering their HP to avoid a higher damage cap on any class, lmao.

People tend to go for more HP to take more damage, not lower to avoid a higher damage cap... 

Nearly any class that is geared correctly, can hit anywhere from 5k~9k averagely speaking with any decent skill at a sky rocket rate.

This game is mostly based on RNG and there's no rocket science to how anything works.

Stop trying to argue about something thats flawed and has so many downsides to how it functions with the current PVP state of the game lol.

You have to be jesus with skill timing and reactions on a mage to actually even enjoyably play it. 

This thread might as well be closed, nothing anybody has claimed or even stated holds enough weight to argue their statements. Stop playing classes that rely on cleric support more than others in a dead game that lacks people playing clerics. 

By all means tho guys be my guest, record a game-play of a DP match or something and show us all the unkillable tanky mages.

Edited by Kilauae, 27 August 2018 - 03:55 PM.

#18 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 04:14 PM

Sorry Charles, you know I back you up when you're right, but I have to also call you out when you're wrong, and on this subject, you are wrong. To various degrees across all the points and claims you're making, but ultimately, you are wrong. [Again,  to varying degrees] 

#19 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 04:20 PM

So, anyone can argue that you're standpoint is self serving as well, because you don't want your class to be nerfed.

Honestly, most of the points or arguments you guys are trying to make aren't realistic nor thorough enough. 

Most of it sounds like non sense. 

And first of all to even start, this so called "Mana shield" was already nerfed before.

How are you even trying to argue that the damage cap even plays a noticable role into the PVP aspect of Rose lol.

Because it does? It's the same reason frail classes/ungeared people can get 3 shotted.

Every class relies on defense/dodge/hp/block/crit defense as their defense.

Mages rely on the Mana shield and MP alone. No other defense stat benefits a mage to a noticable effect; adding HP to a mage does nothing it's dropped so fast; Dodge? Yeah lets be serious for a sec; Crit. defense? Non existent on a mage.

Dealers have none of this, champs have some defense/hp but they still are easier to kill with physical attacks than a good mage is simply because they can regenerate a large amount of hp every 6 seconds, and are obviously way more tankish vs magic. 

Mages can still utilize dodge better than everything besides raiders/scouts and maybe spear champ. It's not your go to defense mechanism obviously, but with the wind stacks you can still dodge some hits from lower accuracy classes, not to mention the mspeed you get from those stacks too. 

How are you even trying to argue against a mana shield that gets broken in a matter of seconds and nearly any skill manages to do anywhere from 5k~10k damage.

Nobody on Rose is changing their HP value's to a lower amount to avoid a higher damage cap, that just sounds retarded. No offense atleast think about what you're saying.

No one is doing this. The argument is more so that mage's hp is in no way a weakness because of the way the damage cap works. Not because its a strategy to use less hp gear considering both pvp defense runes have hp on them.

@Henry I'm sorry once again you need to think before you speak. Your champ or yet alone even an unruned champ is powerful enough to down a shield so quickly and kill a mage its retarded, that's why you were crying about coldsnap because people aren't dumb enough to walk straight into a champ yet alone any class and using their utility skills to their advantage. 

An unruned champ is taking a mage down quickly? This is a joke right? 

This thread might as well be closed, nothing anybody has claimed or even stated holds enough weight to argue their statements. Stop playing classes that rely on cleric support more than others in a dead game that lacks people playing clerics. 

You talk about how strong champs are and yet admit this weakness. Again, a mage has self sustainability without the need of a cleric. 

I know you you play enough pvp to not genuinely believe classes are actually balanced. The whole argument is that while mages may have weakness they are fewer and more narrow than other classes have, and the biggest 'weakness' they have would be getting muted, however this is technically  a weakness to any class except for something heavily melee based, which is pretty uncommon nowadays. 

If a mages survival is their weakness then this applies to Champs, Bourgs, Artisans, and Scouts as well, and in pvp a good mage is harder to kill than everything except a cleric and a knight, (a raider is possibly harder to kill for low accuracy classes). Again, their survivability  wouldn't be as much of an issue if their damage, range, and crowd control wasn't so powerful either. 

Edited by Phish, 27 August 2018 - 04:45 PM.

#20 Kilauae

Kilauae

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 06:32 PM

Yeah I have played enough PVP to have a complete understanding on how the majority of everything functions on Rose. I've been a top player on this game for ages no matter what class I decide to play. Most of the meta's I use on my characters have been mimicked by just about every player not even just recently. Which I don't mind I generally like to help players. My credit and Input is very valid here.

Yeah your totally right, a good mage is harder to take down not because the shield tho. It's how they play. No more or less than anybody playing their class better than others, too many different things are involved to dictate that.

Everything is a weakness to a mage tho, a mute is actually the last thing I'm worried about. Stuns in general is the biggest threat, considering they last seconds and completely lock up a mage; now add how quickly damage is done and the time it takes to cast the shield. 
Their damage isn't actually that great compared to what every other class is capable of doing.

Range is so faulty along with the positioning on the game being broken, I have high range but yet majority of any class with ranged skills with runes with much less range nearly makes the difference noticeable. 

Mages have always been great in a 1v1 aspect tho, but just about anything can perform well in that situation. Clearly more than others.

• Bourg's have the ability to boost their defense/magic defense/dodge; attack power; movement speed. Not to mention the 3 skill sequence that it takes to nearly wipe down an entire team + alot more.
  • Raiders & Scouts can literally stealth/cloak and survive at any given time, not to mention their Damage Overtime skills alone have enough to shred a shield or nearly any class down. + dodge and high movement speed
  • Champions have berserk that amplifies their damage through the roof, already is high to begin with; not only that making them nearly completely immune to any sleep/stun + movement speed passives + others
  • Artisans, my favorite class of them all. Has literally not much of anything other than a sleep, 2 skills that produce good damage overtime. To be honest this class sucks unless you have a proper team and know how to play it well. Surprised nothing has been updated on it.

I mean that's just basic examples of pro's to a few classes. 

Mages have

• No defensive passives
  • All the stuns are at such a low success rate most of them are completely unreliable, besides 1.
  • We have no HP passives nor benefit from them, once that shield is down there's no survivability given the damage recieved.
  • We have no default movement speed passives, only a passive triggered by a % chance on wind skills.

I mean personally given all the pro's and con's with everything I don't see how anybody can even claim the shield is even close to being over powerful. Something that takes 3-4 skills to break is not powerful, yet alone those skills can be casted within seconds. 

But hey by all means once again post some footage of some real game-play showing how hard it is to take down a mage. 

https://youtu.be/9GCEI71cUTw

This is literally me on an unbuffed raider I'm not even doing anything special. This is literally how fast and easy it is to drop a shield and mage. Now imagine a class with more skill power or anything else involved. I'm too lazy to do thorough recordings to show even more things, like how PVP resistance Runes on mages don't really benefit them at all. Too many things I could bring too light. 3-4 skills done that quickly does not make the shield tanky at all specially factoring all the other variables. 

Edited by Kilauae, 27 August 2018 - 07:25 PM.

#21 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 12:22 AM

"I'm too lazy to do thorough recordings"

If you take it seriously enough to post these long posts, maybe it would help to put in the effort on the recordings. And try to show both sides of the argument. I've seen people posting only videos that support their claims, and ignoring all the times the situation isn't favorable, which is known as a confirmation bias. It was used in the past to completely and permanently ruin Champions as a viable class in PvE [excluding Spears which are only viable due to having just enough Dodge to scrape by in AoE pulls]. 

Do that, and you might get less people flat out arguing against you, and more addressing the instances you're talking about. It'd be more productive, and it might make your side more likely to be taken into consideration in the debate and proposals [that will ultimately be ignored by the DEV team]. 

#22 Kilauae

Kilauae

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 02:38 AM

These "long posts" take roughly 2 minutes of my time. Considering majority of information relating to this is all on the surface. 

Your right I didn't take anymore than about 5-10 min. to render and process that video. 

There really doesn't need to be a more in depth video about it, it's pretty crystal clear.

Man honestly to be very blunt with you, I don't think a Dev Team exists.

I also don't think anything is going to ever get balanced or revamped.

There hasn't been a solid update for years. 

Edited by Kilauae, 28 August 2018 - 03:30 AM.

#23 Snuwfer

Snuwfer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 05:41 AM

i hope they change mages too buddy!

Edited by Snuwfer, 28 August 2018 - 06:35 AM.

#24 Snuwfer

Snuwfer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 05:43 AM

I still remember the Pride days where Leonis literally ripped Ali and Charlie a new one for doing what they did, and Ali was literally barred from ROSE Online for a good while, such jokes.

Judgement was no better, it's sad to see how ROSE is now compared to the past of how they dealt with that kind of stuff

Edited by Snuwfer, 28 August 2018 - 05:45 AM.

#25 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 05:51 AM

Ok, call me Fuerer again dude, Do it. Go ahead, make my day you retarded lispy hillbilly trainwreck of a walking anus. 

You don't modify User Interface, IMAGES to hack a game you literal mongoloid. The amount of stupid things you say when it comes to game systems is beyond mind blowing. If you wanted to modify the game, you would redirect the animation processes to blank or extremely short animations SERVER SIDE. Modifying your local client, does not, and I repeat, DOES NOT alter the server and it's output in this way. What part about that doesn't make sense to you. Must be all of it, you babbling redneck bed stain. Jesus Christ. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users