Mana Shield Damage Cap Interaction - Page 2 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Mana Shield Damage Cap Interaction

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#26 Snuwfer

Snuwfer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 28 August 2018 - 06:03 AM

take a chill pill.

I literally said modifying the UI gives you a bigger camera view, etc? I still don't know where you're going with this

go test it yourself to see if modifying client side animation(s) and certain file(s) doesn't effect the other user regardless of what's happening server side. There isn't a "checker" server side at all, if you can modify your game client to be "faster" or more "sped" up then what it's supposed to be, or get animation(s) to go through faster then what a normal client allows, it still doesn't get checked server side or "nulled", it goes through and that's why you're able to "2 hit" sometimes against weak characters or enemies. It's also why melee animations are able to sneak through skill animations. you literally don't even have half of the knowledge, or education in what's involved to do what I'm explaining, I'm not even sure if you merely understand it, yet you insult me. LOL

#27 IFreeBird

IFreeBird

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 06:03 AM

Snuwfer your a hypocritical sack of bones, get the !@#$ out of this thread if you dont have anything usefull to contribute to the topic.

"Your always starting crap and end up getting threads locked"

The whole reason this skill stacking issue became so apperent to players is because u were so dumb enough to make a dozen public youtube videos on how to abuse these bugs.

ive proved it a million times over, describing with voice and video demonstrations of how to manipulate skill stacking.

#28 Snuwfer

Snuwfer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 06:06 AM

i only ever made video(s) to get it patched and fixed, it isn't my fault the developer team isn't capable of fixing problem(s) that they created.

It's not my fault either that ROSE has made telling the truth so blunt and hypocritical in its community.

I've made countless posts and threads about class balancing, etc, and I've made remarks to other(s) that made threads about class balancing suggestion(s) in the past. I think I've already contributed enough, and the problem doesn't exactly fall back on mages being unbalanced, it's the game itself and how they've changed ROSE.

you want my suggestion about mages?

Phish posted part of it already, and why mage(s) are broken and considered the "almighty" pvp god (mana shield is broken, it's fact and been known for a long time)

coldsnap doesn't need an 8 second 100% perma freeze, it's way too much CC, 8 seconds in a PVP scenario with how they've made ROSE a 3 hit fest with stacking? that's literally jokes, Make it a 50% slow and 4-6 seconds, no other class gets CC like a mage already has to begin with. (Or figure out a way to make coldsnap involve much more investment into the Ice Passives \ Skills to obtain Cold Snap if taking away one of the most over powered skill(s) in a PvP scenario away is too much)

Reduce the amount of stun(s) mages are allowed to obtain.

Reduce the mute resistance mages are allowed to obtain. (Mute is a counter to a mage for a reason, has been for a long time.)

Change their wind stack to only be applied when it has a successful hit on an enemy

Reduce the amount of spell power they're allowed to obtain from masteries

Rework Mana Shield, and make it so that mage(s) can't rely on a second health pool, and finally make it the way it's supposed to be, figure out a formula\passive to add more defense instead of a mana shield\2nd health pool mechanic.

Edited by Snuwfer, 28 August 2018 - 06:15 AM.

#29 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 28 August 2018 - 06:21 AM

Don't tell me to take a chill pill after trying to subtley call me hitler, and it's not the first time you've done it. I've had it with that crap, and I've had it with that being allowed to fly under the radar. You know my name, you know how to spell it, you do that on purpose and play it off every single damn time like it's no big deal. 

Edited by Feuer, 28 August 2018 - 06:21 AM.

#30 Snuwfer

Snuwfer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 06:23 AM

Literally had 0 intentions of that, LOL. It just happened and I guess it's happened in the past, but that's literally never the intention, I seriously, not kidding, misspell your name A LOT, with no intentions behind it other then just misspelling your name

Edited by Snuwfer, 28 August 2018 - 06:23 AM.

#31 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 06:24 AM

It's not a coincidence you misspell it exactly the same way, very time. Stop trying to down play it, you blithering liar. 

#32 Snuwfer

Snuwfer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 06:28 AM

you need to take a chill pill...

the way I spelt it doesn't even come close to "Fuhrer"

if that's what you're referring to ?

anyway!! I edited one of my posts so hopefully this doesn't get closed, I suggested what should happen for mages, and gonna leave this thread so it stays open, good luck! :D

Edited by Snuwfer, 28 August 2018 - 06:31 AM.

#33 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 August 2018 - 07:31 AM

Wellp, there you have it, threads going to be locked.

On another note though, a lot of people claim mages are overpowered in pvp, but I'm curious if the people that say that are also non mage players, where as the mage players claim otherwise. I'm curious if there are mage players who also think they are are overpowered.

Edited by Phish, 28 August 2018 - 11:09 AM.

#34 henrycao

henrycao

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 01:58 PM

Actually,

Kilauae isn't lazy at all, he even puts in the time to rig his video with malicious intent to deceive the community in order to protect his own skin.

youtube.com/watch?v=9GCEI71cUTw&feature=youtu.be

​records Kaidakun with a damaged mana shield on prior to footage, how low can you go?

He is by definition a dirty player. Dirty tactics trying to name change Kubs(raider) to Kubs(bourg) for the tournament let I remind you.

If you guys are observant enough, his video is rigged. This is what he did, Elliong is his raider, gets his clanmate with a weak shield mage (adaroseme) to pose as a endgame mage which took 4skills 5hits to break the shield. Meanwhile his Kaidakun mage has already taken damage (away from footage prior to recording) to his shield to such a point where it only took 1melee(670damage) +1 skill(5212) to break his shield. That is 5,882 damage to break his shield is outright deceitful.

Especially because he had 27k mana, almost as much as Phish's level 230mage that took 4skills to break the shield with over 6.7k damage each to break.

Kilauae, no one is giving unrealistic arguments here except for you. You said that mages can get 2 shotted, except that's impossible. Now you are saying that people can do 5k to 10k damage on mages. this is a video you posted and majority of attacks dealt on you was below 4k. Stick to reality and stop exaggerating bud. Thanks for fueling this topic. Maybe the GM will finally do something about this.

Edited by henrycao, 28 August 2018 - 02:13 PM.

#35 Kilauae

Kilauae

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 03:42 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong. The topic is specifically about the mana shield.

This discussion is clearly over your head, I get it you only play a champ and spend half the time getting auto-ressed constantly in DP Matches.

You're frustrated. 

If you actually read and comprehend things being said, it was a video showing how "quicky" and effortlessly its taken down.

The video was staged? Lol dude go outside more. I literally logged in and did that under 5-minutes.

You just proved how narrow minded you are Henry, you know the part where you mentioned it was "a damaged shield". Well first of all 95% of the time it is always a damaged shield when you are playing a mage. 

We did what? Why does it matter what my clan wanted to do. It's my clan and my clanmates/friends we can do whatever we want. Stop sweating us and just play the game like we do. Majority of players couldn't even make the tournament due to the time of it. Like seriously what are you even trying to say. 

Stop ranting on about your little own crybaby issues on forums.

#36 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 28 August 2018 - 03:56 PM

Meh, for what its worth, you (kaidukun) Teshar and vixorlouie are all tankier than AdaRoseMe. That mage definitely doesnt have both pvp defense runes.

Edited by Phish, 28 August 2018 - 06:21 PM.

#37 kumpiakot

kumpiakot

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:draconis

Posted 28 August 2018 - 04:11 PM

if cd for mana shield is 4secs how much max damage that it can negate?

#38 Kilauae

Kilauae

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 04:15 PM

Meh, for what its worth, you (kaidukun) Teshar and vixorlouie are all tanker than AdaRoseMe. That mage definitely doesnt have both pvp defense runes.

I agree with that, but surviving on a mage mostly depends on how the person plays more than the shield. Anyways this isn't going to get anywhere.

#39 henrycao

henrycao

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 05:54 PM

It doesn't matter much how a mage plays because it is known to take atleast 2~3 well coordinated players to kill 1 mage and sometimes it doesn't even happen like in your video.

With that shield, you can tank 2~3 people and solo-kill 1 target at a time. You call that balanced? Otherwise why would you spend so much time running off alone to the enemy team in Draconis Peaks so much. Because people can't successfully break your mana shield in time and then 100~0 you before you recast it again. You call that balanced? But why would I ask you anyway, your sitting on the luxury of the most overpowered class in the game.

Edited by henrycao, 28 August 2018 - 05:55 PM.

#40 Kilauae

Kilauae

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 07:35 PM

It doesn't matter much how a mage plays because it is known to take atleast 2~3 well coordinated players to kill 1 mage and sometimes it doesn't even happen like in your video.

With that shield, you can tank 2~3 people and solo-kill 1 target at a time. You call that balanced? Otherwise why would you spend so much time running off alone to the enemy team in Draconis Peaks so much. Because people can't successfully break your mana shield in time and then 100~0 you before you recast it again. You call that balanced? But why would I ask you anyway, your sitting on the luxury of the most overpowered class in the game.

Thanks for re-sharing the video, to show how easily and quickly the shields taken down. I appreciate it.

That's the point that was to be made. 

So now your claiming it takes 2-3 people with "well coordinated tactics" to drop a mage, meanwhile the mage is solo killing 1 person. 

Under what circumstances does that happen lmao.

See, your basing these non-sense claims off how I personally play this class in DP matches.

Same reasons people cried about my raider but yet those same people went and mimicked the meta I used.

DP's are filled with non-runed and half-geared players mostly these days. 

So now your telling me theres a reason why I play like that? But I do that on any class and I like the challenge lol.
Who wants to do the same routine of rushing dragon with the team to grab and run eggs for 30 minutes for a year. 

Did I spank you too hard or something? 

I mean you've beaten me before in PVP's on both/axe sword. How did u just claim it takes 2-3 people to take a mage down.The moment you get to me If I can't mute you or get stuck like usual I'm instantly dead. But you want to cry because in real matches people aren't going to walk straight into a champion on a range class. 

Stop sounding retarded.

#41 kojek

kojek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 08:45 PM

I didn't get an answer from my previous question. how can you use 2 skills simultaneously so fast . even when the animation only shows 1 skill seen when attacking DoctorManhattan . but in the skill bar 2 the skill looks cooldown .

#42 henrycao

henrycao

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 07:28 AM

@Kilauea, you are not as good as you think you are. My claims aren't based off you, it's based off common sense. Mage is overpowered, every other class knows it. No one can solokill 1v1 a "good" mage despite being "good" at whatever class they play that is not a mage. Mage can 1v1 kill all and it doesn't matter how good another player on another class can get. Mage has broken specs. That is why it takes at least 2 to kill 1 mage and everyone playing an endgame character knows it.

#43 Kilauae

Kilauae

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 10:26 AM

@Kilauea, you are not as good as you think you are. My claims aren't based off you, it's based off common sense. Mage is overpowered, every other class knows it. No one can solokill 1v1 a "good" mage despite being "good" at whatever class they play that is not a mage. Mage can 1v1 kill all and it doesn't matter how good another player on another class can get. Mage has broken specs. That is why it takes at least 2 to kill 1 mage and everyone playing an endgame character knows it.

I'm not as good as I think I am according to "you" now.

And the plot thickens.

You just used how I played and tactics in your previous post to help your argument lol. 

Well let's make things clear first, you were the one crying about "coldsnap"

And now you came waddling into this thread that someone else created about a whole different topic.

Bringing your own personal agenda and garbage statements that I shut down.

I've sat and watched and even helped majority of players copy the metas I use on all the classes to make them better players overall. I've Been accused of manipulating/hacking the game because I kill them so fast. I made them all aware of the possibilities.  I don't need to claim anything lol. Those are facts.

You used to sit in JC and ask me how I casted skills so quickly, I told you I literally just spammed F keys considering that is how you play the game... you press f key after f key cause clearly attack speed and normal attacks are a dead thing. Then you thanked me. You outright said you intentionally try to abuse the "stacking capability"  here on forums before. You need to stop talking out the side of your neck.

Look the difference between me and you, I'm forthright with things. I don't need to sit on forums and try to decieve a certain image or idea. 

You've begged me to stop killing you in-game and apologized after you blatantly wanted to try to insult me here.

You've solo killed me in a 1v1 PVP, does that make me not in this "category of good mages" or "raider"

Kind of hard when a champ drops the shield and hp bar goes to 0 in seconds or on another class 3/4ths of your hp is gone in a flash regardless of the terrible synchronization between the server and clients. Being able to see the 2 skills animations separately or 3 skills or whatever the hell someone wants to claim isn't going to change your HP bar and the damage being done. 

That's why I don't cry like you or the other people claiming someone is cheating or doing something. 

Blame the terrible damage system on this game and mechanics. 

It's alright, your a moron who has nothing to say but false retarded claims.

I've soloed mages on a raider and artisan, consistently no matter who it is. You just don't know wtf your talking about.

All you do on Rose is mostly PVP on one of the most overpowered classes in terms of a head on 1v1 match,

You have berserk your immune to stuns/sleeps the only thing stopping you from spamming skills and dropping a mage almost instantly is by kiting/coldsnap/mute. Go play another class that isn't so cleric dependent and stop crying.

Edited by Kilauae, 29 August 2018 - 10:37 AM.

#44 Kilauae

Kilauae

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 10:40 AM

I didn't get an answer from my previous question. how can you use 2 skills simultaneously so fast . even when the animation only shows 1 skill seen when attacking DoctorManhattan . but in the skill bar 2 the skill looks cooldown .

Poor mechanics to the game that's all, just like mostly everything on Rose. It's broken.

To answer your question more direct, I don't know. I pressed F4 and followed it up with F5.

I have faster reactions or hands? I don't know what the answer to your question actually is. 

I mean you can't be a potato and slowly casting skills on Rose and be good. Since they completely destroyed attack speed and normal attacks being useful in the PVP aspect of Rose.

#45 Kilauae

Kilauae

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 10:54 AM

This is what Rose used to be like years ago. When I played champ way before your time lol.

You want another era ?
I think you didn't even have your character created yet. 
Your one of those players who didn't even have to do much with all the IM item's implemented lmao.
Oh to throw another bone in the pile, Your probably only even a decent champ cause you more than 98% most likely benefited from all the duping going on in this server. Just like the majority of the players on here still playing.Therefore obtaining runes easier than anybody. And sadly that dictates who's good these days.

Here goes another of what AA used to be like.

Want another man? Here's me and the original clan Ace Of Spades

Do you need more videos to show you what actually broke Rose? 
You guys are sitting on here speaking about damage caps that play no active role in the PVP aspect.
Or trying to implement more complex non-sense that broke Rose in the first place.

You initially posted something concerning coldsnap, I reluctantly told you not to base your claims on specific circumstances and told you sword/axe champs are more effective in AA and a coldsnap would be almost useless there. Just like some classes excel better than others at certain content.
Anyways I'm done here lol, you probably won't be able to comprehend anything being said. Its above your pay grade. If you cant comprehend the things above, I'll explain it to your narrow thinking mind.
The videos were a showcase of what Rose used to be like, when they didn't completely destroy the game. And implementing all the non-sense like elements, runes, stat buffs. Showing you how the current Rose is broken with its current mechanics; like the high damage burst(the rate at what its done, and how I tried to explain to you guys how the shield is flawed more than the claims of it being overpowered); broken positioning(half the time you see people on mountains in DP or running through walls) or better yet purposely trying to do those things. I mean this topic in general opened up dozens of other things wrong with Rose and some of them pertain to the mana shield.
I posted a video showing clearly how easy it was to drop a shield, and your dumb@ss thought someone would take time to manipulate a video. How can you even do that.  The shield's mechanics is it does get weaker overtime. Its part of the argument to begin with you god dam simple minded idiot. 

Edited by Kilauae, 29 August 2018 - 12:16 PM.

#46 noobazov

noobazov

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 11:39 AM

Well i havent read the whole topic , but i guess we are talking about nerfing mage shield?

I guess all the pepole who want to nerf the mage shield havent played one ever.

Mage is completely depend on that shield , and is unable to stay alive without it.

When u play a mage u have to be focused for the whole match , in order to re-new the shield in the right time , or run away incase ur shield got stunned cuz guess what , a sheidless mage dies in a sec.

My point is , if ur losing focus for even a second and ur not taking care of ur shield , or if ur not fast enuf , u will be dead , therefore i think mage is not as easy and comfortable as u might think.

It requires alot of practice and speed and concentration in order to master it and in my opinion its the hardest class to handle in rose(maybe beside fs).

So i think nerfing mage shield would be fatal to this class.

A little mage name Zesa xD

#47 henrycao

henrycao

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:57 PM

I don't even see why your not banned Kilauae. I can still recall that incident where you betrayed your friends who lent you there accounts and you stole there runes. That is why so many people hate you and try to tag you down for anything they can get on you. Simply because you have no morals and you don't care about other people. When you get angry, you get your entire clan to help you KOS players your mad at from entering PvP maps. I am sick of your toxicity and there are others who recognize this but don't say anything because they are active players that don't want to deal with you.

By the way, I played in that era before the skill update, I was one of the many firsts to create a dex champ that ultimately led the GM to nerf the scaling of dodge on all soldier gear.

#48 5902130503124339250

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 29 August 2018 - 02:03 PM

henrycao just for let you know Kilauae already have 2 char banned (raider / artisan) now thats mage and raider he has are with runes scammed and with shards duped and another thing like to steal faith + buffer char

PD: Many of us know you story charlie  :heh:

#49 Kilauae

Kilauae

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 03:22 PM

Why am I not banned? Ask yourself that question about the stories your told and believe.

Runes are traceable and reportable.

Whydie in my clan had that happen to him recently.

One rune went missing I told him to report it, and asked who had his info ironically you were one of the names mentioned. Anyways The Gm's traced it, found it , and returned it back. 

It's okay your just a gullible boy who believes anything your told.

Why would I need to steal runes? I've been and had runes for ages. I'm in general bored with Rose. 

So many people hate me? Weird, I get more love from players than hate. I have the biggest clan on Rose.

Things aren't adding up here buddy. You think I care if players that talk trash and get rekt by me, hate me? 

Lol that's the best part honestly. I am a competitive person when I want to be, just like anybody else. 

You say all this stuff, but yet I've helped more people than you can count on your toes and fingers.

Stop talking like you actually know me dude, you used to constantly whisper me for help and asked how I skilled so fast all the time. You thanked me. That's called helping. 

If you have so many things to say to throw dirt on my name, keep it in game and just show me.

Nobody here wants to hear stories. Were here to discuss the topic, that you clearly aren't talking about.

Edited by Kilauae, 29 August 2018 - 04:23 PM.

#50 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 03:29 PM

I think I'm done here. 

Goodluck everyone..... ya'll need it.