Why is the warlock job change so terrible?.... - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Why is the warlock job change so terrible?....

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Novali

Novali

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 11:13 PM

It is ridiculous. The map for the first part is horrible. Who designed this? Stahp.

#2 Hogbae

Hogbae

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1247 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 August 2018 - 05:29 AM

We can only cry with this quest.

#3 yuzknight2

yuzknight2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 05:59 PM

Warlock job change is the worst job3 change quest ever. Not just about gear, pot or skill, but also need luck. Good luck with that.

#4 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts
  • LocationMage Class Forum..?

Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:16 AM

it ACTUALLY required you to utilize warlock skills hahah 

when i first did it, i died so many times.... 

#5 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:28 AM

I think the OP wasnt talking about the battle test when you needed to utilize WL skills, he was referring to the item hunting. He has a point though, the drop rate is extremely low even with HE Bubble Gum, and the monsters are too strong for most lv.99 HWs to solo. Its easier if you go partying with a lv.175 guildie who helps you clear up annoying mobs like Pinguicula and Luciola Vespa, hence how I did to help my guildies with this part of the test when they needed me.

:p_sleep:

#6 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:34 AM

Never attempt oboro/kagerou then :U

#7 NekoCaptainNoob

NekoCaptainNoob

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 06:43 AM

For solo job change somehow I think WL job change is easier  than Ranger , SC     lol

I changed all classes without any help from friends   

WL = first part is too much RNG  ,  second part  just prepare some gears and how to positioning and what skill should I use   and I think it's not too difficult 

Ranger =  rely too much on Rodex system  for easier clearing first floor of Turtle Island  and  the trapping test   

I Rodex   Hunter Bow + Hunting Arrow    Slims + Toy Syringe  on myself   when clearing mobs   then Rodex back to make sure that I have default Bow , Arrow , Novice pots from NPC  before talking 

SC  = Long treasure hunting quests   ,  fighting  100k HP quest mobs alone  and decoding to get a key , brush  :<

(Hunting Succubus  at Nifflheim is the easiest part for me   because I'm magic type  and copy ME from my AB  , hardest part is Turtle island    :D

somehow GX job change is easier than SC counterpart....   even you need to wait total at least  45 mins  to capture NPC ,  going to kill NPC inside a house   

plus  10 mins if failed capture first NPC  and  the last part that's need to assassinate Hibrams    

or some classes have a boring part  such as RK  ,  I hate the part that I need to create 20 Runes    check it every times  (I love fighting mobs more than this part) 

and of course  I walked myself from Geffen to Glast Heim many times because   when I was playing  , there's no Dungeon teleporter in Eden yet..... 

Edited by NekoCaptainNoob, 30 August 2018 - 06:52 AM.

#8 sujinpark

sujinpark

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 07:03 PM

nah~ its easy, i myself have 2 because its fun & easy.(mid & low TI purposes) 

TIP:

(entire quest budget is 3m zeny recovery item & equipment: Eden & bloody buttery fly card(2m).

(1st quest) Use water ball skill,teleport skill  and skelly cat pet (fish food) 400pcs per rodex mail (3 mail is enough) 

(2nd quest)

Use Rodex mail White potion 60pcs & blue potion 30pcs per mail (3mail  is enough)

►Use lv. 1(one) Storm gust, lv.10 Safety wall & lv. 10 jupitel thunder

►Pick chain lightning scroll(quest item)  & crimson scroll(quest item) 

Edit: 

imitate the approach of Youtube players on the 2nd part of warlock job change. (you have Rodex mail advantage compare to their patch era).

209303344de2226c0049680b1d4c39de4bf0732e

Edited by sujinpark, 31 August 2018 - 07:30 PM.

#9 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 09:11 AM

The only one that I recall hating is the Ranger job change so Warlock must have not been that bad. Don't even remember it at all so it did not stick out in any way to me.

#10 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Server:iRO Thor

Posted 02 September 2018 - 02:18 PM

The only one that I recall hating is the Ranger job change so Warlock must have not been that bad. Don't even remember it at all so it did not stick out in any way to me.

I remember the WL job change because i was forced to buy a neuralizer and reskill just so i can effectively kill them, and then another neuralizer to go back to my old set. And even then it took me 3 days of farming to get the items. I dont remember the RK, Ranger, Sorc, or GX quests being as annoying or taking as long.

#11 pao0

pao0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 04:50 PM

just created wl yesterday and the first quest is really ridiculous.

they should increase either the spawn rate or the drop rate

or both lol :heh:

good thing there are waters in the area so water ball quite saves the day

#12 DrArthur

DrArthur

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 217 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 05:52 PM

Never make an AB, where you're expected to fight and kill endless mobs of 130+ enemies that hit really hard, fast, and from a distance.

The AB job change quest is fundamentally broken in Renewal but it's still not fixed. You need a friend just to get to the NPC to start the test, let alone complete it.

#13 Hogbae

Hogbae

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1247 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 07:22 PM

Never attempt oboro/kagerou then :U

Oh dude I remember when you did yours. LOL

#14 Name85738

Name85738

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 03:27 AM

same~

ranger job quest is a bug & always game crash at the turtle island part.

#15 hammie

hammie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 09:48 AM

I thought you were overreacting about the drop rates for the first part of the quest but holy turdlicking Christ  it sucks. spent 3 hours and only for one glittering crystal. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users