Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 September 2018 - 09:33 PM

post 30 minutes videos of your ranger, no cowardice teleporting and let the spectators see how many deaths you'll get :p_laugh:

I will sort it out tomorrow :U

#27 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts
  • LocationPadepokan Pencak Silat
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 09 September 2018 - 09:34 PM

sure, lookiing forward for it :rice:

@Edit : Let your equipments windows open too from the beginning until the end video session, to let viewers see what equipments they can expect to make a breeze run on ranger :heh:

Edited by DataDrain, 09 September 2018 - 09:38 PM.

#28 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 09 September 2018 - 09:41 PM

giphy.gif

#29 Hogbae

Hogbae

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1247 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 09:47 PM

Thats pretty doable tbh specially with gears we have now a days.

#30 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 09 September 2018 - 09:52 PM

sure, lookiing forward for it :rice:

@Edit : Let your equipments windows open too from the beginning until the end video session, to let viewers see what equipments they can expect to make a breeze run on ranger :heh:

In today's economy? Probably 14b.

#31 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 09:55 PM

Just showcase your videos tomorrow, let the players and forum viewers judge what kind of performance to expect from 14B equipments funding on as ranger soloing bio 3 and bio 4 :heh:

#32 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 09 September 2018 - 09:58 PM

Just showcase your videos tomorrow, let the players and forum viewers judge what kind of performance to expect from 14B equipments funding on as ranger soloing bio 3 and bio 4 :heh:

But mine are not 14b :U Seems like you are trying to tunnel vision this thing.

The short version is don't waste your time with Resentful Soldier Cards, you can kill most things anyways. People will see the video, see I am overkilling most targets as a hybrid ranger (so only 60% of a full AS build in damage). They can even simply calculate it all using the formulas I posted to just know in advanced whether it is worth it or not.

The video I will post tomorrow will be what it is but don't get butt hurt at the concept that a card which uses ranged damage is overall pretty -_- pointless.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 09 September 2018 - 10:00 PM.

#33 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 10:06 PM

You can use your own personalized sets too, so players could see how reliable as ranger solo mobby place relying on as and camo alone with some demon monsters / insect monsters lurking around.

Take whole bio 3 and bio4 clean count boards to see how much killcount rate you can get with 30 minutes with those gears. It's not about fast killing, it's about survival and kill rate :heh:

#34 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 09 September 2018 - 10:10 PM

You can use your own personalized sets too, so players could see how reliable as ranger solo mobby place relying on as and camo alone with some demon monsters / insect monsters lurking around.

Take whole bio 3 and bio4 clean count boards to see how much killcount rate you can get with 30 minutes with those gears. It's not about fast killing, it's about survival and kill rate :heh:

We both know it's stupid to do a kill rate in 30minutes in Bio3, even 4 to an extent with Ranger.

Bio3 alone already comes with many pitfalls such as Cecil Damon.

This is about showing that you can one shot the mobs, that's all this was about. Going through Bio3/4 and killing stuff.

Resentful soldier breaks your aspd with stupid double strafe autocast, not recommended for aspd build but highly recommended for AS build

I would still use 2x AK over 2x RS any day for AS or AB.

and limiting yourself to boss protocol monsters damage boost only. Universal application vs specific application

Even though 95% of regular monsters will die in a single AS even without no limits, the rest simply require a single camo in between.

and as rangers die due to cooldown and glass cannon thingy with insect and demon monsters swarming over their corpse :heh:

Can't say I have that issue, are you sure you are killing them :U

why not try bio 3 or bio 4 ranger solo relying on camo alone :heh:

Pretty easy actually, three options.

1. use Prism Ranger Scarf
  2. use +14 GHB
  3. use +15 CB no cards

post 30 minutes videos of your ranger, no cowardice teleporting and let the spectators see how many deaths you'll get :p_laugh:

Posting these here because it appears you forgot the point of the argument.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 09 September 2018 - 10:18 PM.

#35 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 10:24 PM

Even though 95% of regular monsters will die in a single AS even without no limits, the rest simply require a single camo in between.

It appears that you try to diverge the arguments by confusing me.

see this your own points bold and enlarged :heh:

#36 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 09 September 2018 - 10:27 PM

It appears that you try to diverge the arguments by confusing me.

see this your own points bold and enlarged :heh:

Even though Bio3/4 Mobs are NOT part of that 5%. It's like you can't take the time to look at their HP pools versus the sheer output AS already does.

Here is the maths for people who don't get the tldr of what I am talking about.

Say AS does 61911 to normal monster.

2x AK would make it do the same, however if it were a Boss monster it would do 78195.

If you used 2x RS it would do 80961 to both Normal AND Boss monsters.

Now you add in No Limits.

You would do 228609 without any cards.

2x AK would do 288822 to boss monsters.

And 2x RS would do 247659 to normal AND boss monsters.

The difference is, aside from 5% of the normal monsters in game, most will die in one hit without the need of the RS cards.

Boss monsters on the other hand often have anywhere from 200,000 up to 80,000,000,000 hit points.

You can already kill most monsters without the additional boost to normal monster damage, so boosting the damage towards targets with more hit points is the better option.

Also as you can see, where 2x RS is better without No Limits, it dilutes when it is up, thus making the cards 16% overall LESS damage to boss monsters. This is quite a big difference when you are dealing over 1m damage per AS during NL.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 09 September 2018 - 10:36 PM.

#37 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 10 September 2018 - 02:10 AM

tldr; you dont need that much extra damage to kill regular mobs/it wont make the difference in number of AS you have to cast to kill. AK offers the better overall performance boost by shortening actual possiby longer fights.

#38 Trii

Trii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 416 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:39 PM

I have very little experience with ranger and i must say this thread answer a lot of my nooby questions ! My ranger hit 175 recently and im using a hybrid AS/Warg build with Prism Scarf. keep up the good work !

#39 Trii

Trii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:51 PM

https://irowiki.org/...skill4/rgr.html

This is my current build for prism scarf combo please feel free to input if you see any errors. Also is electric shock 5 needed? Mine is level 3 at the moment and im not sure what skills i can lose to get lvl 5.

Edited by Trii, 10 September 2018 - 03:57 PM.

#40 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 September 2018 - 04:44 PM

Your link is not pointing to a build, but I am assuming for the sake of the scarf you are putting 10 points into aimed bolt, so I would recommend dropping 2 points and maxing Electric Shock, it is a godly skill if you know how to use it.

#41 Trii

Trii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 06:37 PM

Your link is not pointing to a build, but I am assuming for the sake of the scarf you are putting 10 points into aimed bolt, so I would recommend dropping 2 points and maxing Electric Shock, it is a godly skill if you know how to use it.

Thank you for responding you're correct that is my build. So i should drop 2 points in aim bolt and get level 5 trap sounds good! I rarely use aimbolt anyways.

#42 mianyaa

mianyaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 08:02 PM

i have lv 10 aimed bolt and lv 3 electric shock trap too XD haven't really considered to max the trap lv since it's only 4s difference from lv 3

i like prism scarf so i keep my aimed bolt at lv 10 for max bonus

Edited by mianyaa, 10 September 2018 - 08:03 PM.

#43 Trii

Trii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 12:02 AM

A quick question If i wanted to use the temporal ring bonus for ranger which of the enchant is best ? On paper it seems like a temp luckday bonus with temp ring 30% crit and +40 luck is best option? For some reason i'm doing higher damage using temp luk hawkeye with temp ring +40 dex +50 hit. I know luminous stone is really good but i don't have a white wing suit with sharp enchants to make use of my luminous stone. Thank you for your time.

#44 Trii

Trii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 12:05 AM

i have lv 10 aimed bolt and lv 3 electric shock trap too XD haven't really considered to max the trap lv since it's only 4s difference from lv 3

i like prism scarf so i keep my aimed bolt at lv 10 for max bonus

I just reset my skills to level 8 aim bolt and im losing about 4% arrow storm damage which is not a big deal. What i notice is electric trap is way more reliable now! It use to expire too quick i feel like. Thanks again for the sugestions.

#45 Cormael

Cormael

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 12:56 AM

I'll hijack thread with a related question I guess as I've just recently comeback and all.

Got similar equips as poster except for the top hg since I'm only 167, and that I'm a hybrid ranger

Stats are (buffed with only Improve Conc, Falcon Eyes and Awakes):

STR 40+12 

AGI 108+51

VIT 36+28 (I'm glass cannon anyway? but I'm pumping full VIT now every levelup)

INT 1+21

DEX 108+43

LUK 126+35

Atk 257 + 331 

Crit 135 (124 without Falcon Eyes)

ASPD 193 (when using IRE + GBow / Eddga + CBow as set)

Str being 40 is for my needed extra weight for carrying both AS set and Crit set, pots, converters and white marching hat for ghost endow)

Gotten a hold of following equips through some leftover WPE and thanks to firesale and buying from players

+15 Crimson Bow [clean] / +12 Gigantic Bow [clean] / +9 AHB [clean]

+10 Eddga / +13 IRE

Gambler Set / Mob Set (Slotted Sunnies)

+10 WWS Sharp1,2,Luk2

+9 FAW Fatal10 [Petal] / +7 Prism Scarf

+9 TempLuk LD/AD / +9 TempLuk HE/AD / +7 Gray Boots

Luminous Blue Stone [clean] / Temporal Ring

PDM [clean]

Basically, every equip is clean except FAW as I can only invest in limited items.

I feel like I'm heading on the right track but I'm uncertain on which set would be optimal for crit or if any change is needed at all.

so I have basically same question with regards to damage (around 8.3k crit for Gbow vs around 7k crit for CBow which I feel is quite low)

would it be better to use my WWS + LBS combo and Temp HE/AD or go for Temp ring combo with one of the boots, or stick with Gray boots all the way (since this is what I use on trash mob on GMT)?

Would it be better to card the gigantic bow with AK card?

Additionally, would using fear breeze break crit lock?

And with this equips, which instances do you suggest I can do? as average player, I've only "consistently" tried running GMT, OGH without problems with my ranger but I dont know if what I experience on others is normal or not.

I also kind of needed some help with regards to using AS I guess as I only deal 120k AS which is not enough to one shot through big bells but I'm keeping up with use of prism scarf so its only every 60 seconds that I dont do 1hit AS.

My WW Set is pretty much trash compared to the crit set since I dont know which to prioritize to get. I have a +9 BXB [clean, no enchant] but my GBow gives better damage so its rusting on storage.

Only starting to invest on shadow set; I got the +4 phys set (from the physical shadow boxes long ago which was removed now), +4 malicious set (gifted) and +9 Spellflow set. I also have ASPD costume garment and uses the lamp for the +10 luk (included on stats above)

I still have around 5b on hand from selling cards (thanks to event recently) but wont likely be getting anymore than that.

Any comments, advice, and/or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the wall of text

Edited by Cormael, 11 September 2018 - 01:10 AM.

#46 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 11 September 2018 - 02:16 AM

I'll hijack thread with a related question I guess as I've just recently comeback and all.

Got similar equips as poster except for the top hg since I'm only 167, and that I'm a hybrid ranger

Stats are (buffed with only Improve Conc, Falcon Eyes and Awakes):

STR 40+12 

AGI 108+51

VIT 36+28 (I'm glass cannon anyway? but I'm pumping full VIT now every levelup)

INT 1+21

DEX 108+43

LUK 126+35

Atk 257 + 331 

Crit 135 (124 without Falcon Eyes)

ASPD 193 (when using IRE + GBow / Eddga + CBow as set)

Str being 40 is for my needed extra weight for carrying both AS set and Crit set, pots, converters and white marching hat for ghost endow)

Gotten a hold of following equips through some leftover WPE and thanks to firesale and buying from players

+15 Crimson Bow [clean] / +12 Gigantic Bow [clean] / +9 AHB [clean]

+10 Eddga / +13 IRE

Gambler Set / Mob Set (Slotted Sunnies)

+10 WWS Sharp1,2,Luk2

+9 FAW Fatal10 [Petal] / +7 Prism Scarf

+9 TempLuk LD/AD / +9 TempLuk HE/AD / +7 Gray Boots

Luminous Blue Stone [clean] / Temporal Ring

PDM [clean]

Basically, every equip is clean except FAW as I can only invest in limited items.

I feel like I'm heading on the right track but I'm uncertain on which set would be optimal for crit or if any change is needed at all.

so I have basically same question with regards to damage (around 8.3k crit for Gbow vs around 7k crit for CBow which I feel is quite low)

would it be better to use my WWS + LBS combo and Temp HE/AD or go for Temp ring combo with one of the boots, or stick with Gray boots all the way (since this is what I use on trash mob on GMT)?

Would it be better to card the gigantic bow with AK card?

Additionally, would using fear breeze break crit lock?

And with this equips, which instances do you suggest I can do? as average player, I've only "consistently" tried running GMT, OGH without problems with my ranger but I dont know if what I experience on others is normal or not.

I also kind of needed some help with regards to using AS I guess as I only deal 120k AS which is not enough to one shot through big bells but I'm keeping up with use of prism scarf so its only every 60 seconds that I dont do 1hit AS.

My WW Set is pretty much trash compared to the crit set since I dont know which to prioritize to get. I have a +9 BXB [clean, no enchant] but my GBow gives better damage so its rusting on storage.

Only starting to invest on shadow set; I got the +4 phys set (from the physical shadow boxes long ago which was removed now), +4 malicious set (gifted) and +9 Spellflow set. I also have ASPD costume garment and uses the lamp for the +10 luk (included on stats above)

I still have around 5b on hand from selling cards (thanks to event recently) but wont likely be getting anymore than that.

Any comments, advice, and/or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the wall of text

Seems pretty on point to be honest, just decide on how you wish to proceed with end game.

Currently, Crimson Bow is the best in slot for Wargs and Auto Attacks.

It also works as an excellent substitute to a Big Crossbow for Arrow Storm.

I would recommend a full WW Set for Arrow Storm, but while leveling I would continue to use Prism Rangers Scarf since the 1 minute downtime is really damn good.

And yes, pump Vit, the HP pool is nice, but more importantly being stun immune is really important.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 11 September 2018 - 02:17 AM.

#47 Beanbean

Beanbean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 819 posts
  • Server:Valk / Ygg

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:34 AM

Anyone have much experience with Vicious Mind bows vs Crimson bows for attacking?

I set up a test last night (albeit far from perfect) on eggs and had the following, somewhat surprising results:

+11 AK Vicious Mind Bow (+14% shadow, +13% plant, +20% critical) 

~46k crits

+15 2x AK Crimson Bow 

~42k crits

The rest of my set up (which remained identical during testing) included:

+10 White Drooping Eddga

Gambler Seal

Heart Card in Mouth

+9 FDA

+9 FAW (Aspd/Crit3/Crit3) <-- With crit4 instead of aspd, crimson bow would be slightly closer in damage to vicious

+9 Temp Luck / LD / Aspd <-- Could've been HE + EA (Is FS > EA when using no limits?)

Temp Ring (GS)

PDM (GS)

+7 Kingbird shadow wep

So this is missing out on physical set, better temp boots, and a perfect FAW (also no bio5 hat yet).

I was surprised by how close the damage was, I know that if I get acute on bio5 headgear and when I get the FAW to perfect crit (I don't need aspd1 for 193) it'll be pretty close, but I was surprised a vicious wep was so comparable at only +11. At +13 or +14.. the attack might help a good amount. Just wish I could've gotten something with boss damage AND crit damage. I guess this bow will most likely outperform crimson for faceworm and other instances with shadow / plant monsters. Let me know your thoughts on possible gear upgrades or anything I missed out on testing.

#48 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:45 AM

vicious mind are in general comparable/better than crimsons even when not at the same refine, disregarding enchants, basically for having better base stats and being lv4. Its just easier to refine a good all purpose crimson, that you can use since lv70

#49 Beanbean

Beanbean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 819 posts
  • Server:Valk / Ygg

Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:53 AM

Ah totally makes sense. I guess I'll keep a look out for the next MBS event.

#50 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:57 AM

specially if you stumble on some very nice enchanted weapons. On a bow ideally it'd be something like Drake (bows do 75% to large size), Boss Dmg% and Crit Dmg%/Flat ASPD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users