How many real players are still in the game? :) - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

How many real players are still in the game? :)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
91 replies to this topic

#76 JaguarBlood

JaguarBlood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationMidgard
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 September 2018 - 04:14 AM

I have to admit there is so many alts and with events the fluctuations are intense... Guessing is as close as we will get i would have to say. I for one run 10 clients when leveling homunculus/vending... I could go more, im sure some would. We have a lively community though. I feel as though the person who started this thread has been banned and wants to plant seeds of doubt in loyal players minds. Just saying.

We are loyal because we love the aesthetic of the game, that will not change anytime soon. Nothing compares. We whine and complain but Ragnarok simply cannot be replaced!

:p_love:  :p_love:  :p_love:

Edited by JaguarBlood, 19 September 2018 - 04:15 AM.

#77 Vladdin

Vladdin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 19 September 2018 - 05:14 AM

But there is no point in even playing when you're just playing alone with bots. I think I've made about 2 million selling Strawberries in the few hours that I played. But I can't even buy a single piece of decent item because everything costs 500 million zeny from the shops I've seen.

There is no party, there is no one to level with, there is no help from anywhere, and I've ask in different towns. It's just sad compare to the once glorious RO where it was truly an International game.

And this new Eden thing is just a bunch of a.f.k.e.rs with their trades open... there is literally no actual live person around. I can't say anything about higher levels because I didn't get that far, and don't plan to when the game is so dead from the beginning.

Didn't know this forum censores "a.f.k.e.r.s" Seriously?

I believe in this world there are 2 C words people do, when things go wrong.

COMPLAIN or COMPROMISE

If you don't read the new in-game content, you won't see that you don't really need any zeny until about level 130? (which is already a good level to farm some instances/zeny generating maps)

If you need friends to play with, join a guild (i did and i never regret)

just my 2 cents

Edited by Vladdin, 19 September 2018 - 05:14 AM.

#78 Nickname118

Nickname118

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 07:25 AM

I believe in this world there are 2 C words people do, when things go wrong.

COMPLAIN or COMPROMISE

If you don't read the new in-game content, you won't see that you don't really need any zeny until about level 130? (which is already a good level to farm some instances/zeny generating maps)

If you need friends to play with, join a guild (i did and i never regret)

just my 2 cents

I just don't see any point in it when there is not even a single live person talking in game or in towns. Forcing the player to use outside game methods to find players to play with in a MMORPG is just simply very bad design.

#79 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 19 September 2018 - 10:24 AM

Make iRO subscribed based again and we are fine assume that people are willing to pay. Currently iRO is like an all you can eat buffet, cheap and low quality full with alts and bots. Well it is free to play after all. If people want to bring an alt, fine but their alt needs to have a subscription. Might be too late now to use a P2P model but whatsoever lol.

#80 Trii

Trii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 416 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:20 AM

I think it's a trend lately for these doom and gloom threads to pop up after exp/drop event ended lol.

#81 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:30 AM

Speculating regarding the number of active playing users isn't really constructive, as these estimates never take into account that through out the day some users log in and other users log out. The real number of accounts that play the game every week is into the tens of thousands, with bots and spammers really only being a small percentage of it.

that's an interesting figure. it's really not hard to believe either if you take into account the fact that just about every player has, at some point or another, quit and returned (even if in year long gaps).

the real number of active players probably shifts on a daily basis. take into account every variable of life imaginable: jobs, school, being broke, being busy, too wasted/hungover to play, interests in other games, time with friend/family/partner, etc, to name a few.

from reading posts and stuff, you could figure that on average one person is manning at least 2-4 accounts at a time. i usually run 2 vendors on one comp and 2 mains on a laptop. but there are days when all of us are just simply too lazy to set up a vend.. so *poof* suddenly "4 people disappear" but not really.

i kinda hopped off the "this game is going to die soon" train once i remembered that people still play simply for the love, and that new & old players alike are coming and going all the time.

#82 Klott

Klott

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:01 PM

is this for ragarok renewal?

#83 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1236 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:27 PM

is this for ragarok renewal?

OP was referring to RO1. Camp was referring to all WP games.

#84 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 05:01 PM

The mmorpg genre itself is dying slowwwly, with several eye candy online rpgs like Black Desert, the ancient ones will obviously die eventually, even RO1 private servers has more players than the official one tho. <<. I'ts the survival of the fittest.

#85 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 September 2018 - 09:10 PM

The population problem is going on and on and we are almost nearing to the next Ragnarok.

I think Battle Royale is the new RPG. I'd want to see a Battle Royale Ragnarok themed game.

#86 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 27 September 2018 - 10:43 PM

Revive WoE you'll see battle royale you wont see on many other games these days

#87 TrevMUN

TrevMUN

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Twitter:RagnarokWisdom
  • Server:Chaos, Loki

Posted 30 September 2018 - 07:51 AM

"The ancient ones will die eventually," perhaps. I think it's more dependent on the mentality of the company that owns and manages the game more than anything. If this game were owned by NCSoft, for example, I doubt it would have lasted nearly as long as it has.

I have seen that certain MMOs from the 90s have reappeared on Steam. Some of RO's contemporaries are still around, and still have a playerbase.

What's your definition of real players?

No one asked me, but I think it's somebody who drinks eggs every morning.

(Disclaimer: I am not a seal.)

#88 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 30 September 2018 - 04:59 PM

And they still turn a blind eye on woe

#89 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:31 PM

tldr;
my estimate is pretty on point :v

If it was, there would be easy to get bio or clock tower parties.

There is no way there are 40% active, unless they are all scrubs that just quit after getting to 3rd class.

#90 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 01 October 2018 - 01:01 PM

You can’t really predict this only wp can pull a record with some filter aka : when was the last time people login with a different IP address so only they can tell how many active player. Kindly reminder we are iro without euro and Taiwan but we have population for at least half of the world. People login from a diff timeline.

#91 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 01 October 2018 - 01:05 PM

If it was, there would be easy to get bio or clock tower parties.

There is no way there are 40% active, unless they are all scrubs that just quit after getting to 3rd class.

Because sure all these are ppl who are in that exact level range and who care about doing that.

Don't underestimate how bad ppl who play games can be. There's plenty of less than acceptably skilled ppl who frequent the forum regularly already, and forums are the super minority of the population.

Edited by Ashuckel, 01 October 2018 - 01:06 PM.

#92 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 01:28 PM

Locking the thread OP's question was answered here https://forums.warpp...game/?p=2870776

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users