State of iRO Updates - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

State of iRO Updates

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
75 replies to this topic

#26 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 10 September 2018 - 08:42 AM

Not to mention doube card drop rate (the share event in general with a much meatier effects than share the banquet event) to coverup the rather heartwarming all-of-the-sudden taiwan ban

#27 frankvanmayer

frankvanmayer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 639 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 September 2018 - 10:28 AM

Not to mention doube card drop rate (the share event in general with a much meatier effects than share the banquet event) to coverup the rather heartwarming all-of-the-sudden taiwan ban

Exactly, they have at least SOME say in what they would like to be introduced here. With the proper push, I'm sure they could introduce everything if they really wanted to. The problem is, they simply don't NEED to. As long as the revenue from OCP is sustainable, they will do the minimum amount of work necessary to upkeep the servers until 1) It is no longer profitable to do so, thus resulting in actual effort and work to improve gameplay and provide content updates, 2) iRO is sold to another company, or 3) the game shuts down.

#28 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10854 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 10 September 2018 - 11:12 AM

Come to thor chakri and experience another woe "death"Tho

Thor players too strong for me T_T

I actually happy I stopped WoEing. Less salt and drama since I stopped. I now only run testings and do guides to make playing RG as easy as possible in Chaos. I should edit my server to "live" sakray lol

#29 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9324 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 10 September 2018 - 01:11 PM

2 bad they can't like give update files to some of the players to translate or etc cuz "legal" stuff, cuz if they could we'd probably get updates 500x faster =\

#30 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 10 September 2018 - 01:46 PM

2 bad they can't like give update files to some of the players to translate or etc cuz "legal" stuff, cuz if they could we'd probably get updates 500x faster =\

The problem with that is that it is their job, and they are doing it albeit very slowly. With Magus coming in [last year?], I was hoping things would improve, but so far I haven't seen any at all. :v

#31 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9324 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 10 September 2018 - 02:01 PM

The problem with that is that it is their job, and they are doing it albeit very slowly. With Magus coming in [last year?], I was hoping things would improve, but so far I haven't seen any at all. :v

Yeah, I just wish we could get anything pretty much =\ Like when I did the buyshop whitelist it's atleast some comfort of progression that makes the game more interesting or being a nice quality of life update. But apart from that there aren't many things to do that are majority client-side that can have a simple link to server side like that. so everything else is basically wait and hope for something =\

And buyshop update seems to be going smoothly judging by the sheer number of buyshops on ragial with those items, so I'd call that a success :)

#32 heickelrrx

heickelrrx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Server:Valkriye

Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:42 PM

*still hiatus until runestone update

#33 Hogbae

Hogbae

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1247 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:43 PM

Thor players too strong for me T_T

I actually happy I stopped WoEing. Less salt and drama since I stopped. I now only run testings and do guides to make playing RG as easy as possible in Chaos. I should edit my server to "live" sakray lol

That moment when your gears are better in the official server than in Sakray itself. RO dream is to be like Chakri. Loolol

#34 Digs

Digs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 04:16 PM

Being reactive with updates to the game isn't going to get you anywhere. The general trend is that players are slowly quitting or taking breaks, only to reappear once there are events like the ones we've had recently. If the server was proactive about updates, you'd see a bigger playerbase consistently logged in. OCP spam is going to stop eventually, but you shouldn't really wait until then to start updating PvM content.

#35 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10854 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 04:35 PM

That moment when your gears are better in the official server than in Sakray itself. RO dream is to be like Chakri Justice. Loolol

Is this you? lol

Spoiler

Edited by ChakriGuard, 10 September 2018 - 04:43 PM.

#36 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 04:44 PM

I strongly believe that there aren't any content updates because there simply is no incentive for them to do so. We saw that once regions were banned out, double crit was IMMEDIATELY released to appease the rest of the player base. This just means that they have a little more control to determine updates than they make themselves out to. They do at the very least, have SOME say in what comes to iRO. Think about it, if the playerbase is consistenty spending by just releasing OCPs, why would you go above and beyond to do more work where extra revenue is not guaranteed? It's simple human nature. If I were in their shoes, I would do the same thing.

Yeah, I just wish we could get anything pretty much =\ Like when I did the buyshop whitelist it's atleast some comfort of progression that makes the game more interesting or being a nice quality of life update. But apart from that there aren't many things to do that are majority client-side that can have a simple link to server side like that. so everything else is basically wait and hope for something =\
And buyshop update seems to be going smoothly judging by the sheer number of buyshops on ragial with those items, so I'd call that a success :)

Campitor said before that iRO update isn't dependent on the amount of money that they send to kRO? Or at least that was the claim, even though most of us know it is not the case. It would be nice to hear from him about this issue.

Every year we book with the studio an intended update schedule and work with the studio to try to achieve these updates. The way this is done is so that each partner can in theory have time booked out from the programming/QA teams. These schedules do change during the year as the situation evolves for all through out the year.

In order to make things go quicker the local team has started to help with translation which previously was solely a studio process. I should have the Rune Knight translations done tomorrow and sent back to the studio so we can move on to the next step of the Mado/Rune Knight update. For translating files I see no problem with sharing files that users will see anyways (Descriptions being a prime example). But server side files we cannot share.

Lastly we've been identifying what we can as not needing programming support in terms of game updates. This is one of the reasons we were able to get the card updates included with the illusion dungeon and 16.2. Which normally would have been treated as secondary updates to receive later.

If we went by studio update reckoning we have received the following since May

• 16,2 Card Update
  • Critical Attack Update
  • Illusion Dungeon
  • Illusion Dungeon Card Update

For September/October we are working on.

• Mado Gear Update
  • Rune Knight Update
  • September event.

#37 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9324 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 10 September 2018 - 04:53 PM

Yeah, but we know kRO doesn't love us cause they promise us stuff and claim it's coming, then 2 years later we still waiting =\ Still no YSF fight from 16.2 update, lol.

Should really petition to kRO to allow some server-side stuff out from translation, does it really matter to them much at this point with the number of private servers out there with higher population than official servers and that are farther ahead in updates? If anything their "protection" of their data is only hurting themselves and noone else

#38 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 04:56 PM

Other than the Illusion Dungeon, the rest are pretty minor updates. We missed out on the first version of Nightmare Biolab and went straight to the 2nd version (The version we currently have right now)

What is the plan with Nightmare Old Glast Heim?

#39 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 05:00 PM

Yeah, but we know kRO doesn't love us cause they promise us stuff and claim it's coming, then 2 years later we still waiting =\ Still no YSF fight from 16.2 update, lol.

Should really petition to kRO to allow some server-side stuff out from translation, does it really matter to them much at this point with the number of private servers out there with higher population than official servers and that are farther ahead in updates? If anything their "protection" of their data is only hurting themselves and noone else

We are constantly pushing our contacts to help us get more content for the players. Which is why we are absorbing many tasks to help speed things up. Considering our 2015 update calendar the rate of patches and content has increased year to year and my team is still working as hard as we can to get you guys the game content that we can.

#40 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 05:01 PM

Other than the Illusion Dungeon, the rest are pretty minor updates. We missed out on the first version of Nightmare Biolab and went straight to the 2nd version (The version we currently have right now)

What is the plan with Nightmare Old Glast Heim?

For biolab, we got feedback that the first version was disliked pretty much by everyone so the studio decided that partners should get the latest update. I want to get all the nightmare dungeons done but first we have to knock out our 2018 schedule.

#41 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10854 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 05:04 PM

For biolab, we got feedback that the first version was disliked pretty much by everyone so the studio decided that partners should get the latest update. I want to get all the nightmare dungeons done but first we have to knock out our 2018 schedule.

I really want to try NOGH. Is it possible to get it from kRO anytime soon, hopefully within this year?  :pif:  :pif:  :pif:

#42 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 05:05 PM

I think if it is possible, Nightmare Old Glast Heim which is an update that should have came before Nightmare Biolabs, could be requested before the rest. 

Thank you for taking your time to answer our questions Camp. 

#43 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 05:06 PM

I really want to try NOGH. Is it possible to get it from kRO anytime soon, hopefully within this year?  :pif:  :pif:  :pif:

I will try but I can't make promises. My translation skills die when it comes to multi thousand line scripts. Currently item translations are more my speed.

#44 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 September 2018 - 05:07 PM

Pet Evolution system first kthxbye.

#45 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 10 September 2018 - 05:12 PM

Pet Hunger bar before that. k

#46 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 September 2018 - 05:13 PM

6rZ8g8R.jpg

Edited by Nirvanna21, 10 September 2018 - 05:14 PM.

#47 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9324 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 10 September 2018 - 05:20 PM

I will try but I can't make promises. My translation skills die when it comes to multi thousand line scripts. Currently item translations are more my speed.

So you guys can't even give like... npc dialog to translate or anything? Cause it's server sided.

#48 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4117 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 05:59 PM

Pet Evolution system first kthxbye.

Offline vend k

#49 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10854 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 06:05 PM

Lets hope you can pull it off and we finally get NOGH. I want to make a video and new people can come try iRO haha

How about Royal Guard Update first! 

#50 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 10 September 2018 - 07:45 PM

Out of all the updates, they should prioritize the class updates because that's what most of us(or me) are looking forward to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users