Fresh Install, Disconnected after Char Select - Technical Support - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Fresh Install, Disconnected after Char Select

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tintin07

tintin07

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 02:31 AM

I freshly installed the RO:restart game client just today, downloaded from http://playragnarokrestart.com/

I get disconnected from server after character select.  I saw and tried following the instructions from an older thread: (https://forums.warpp...cter-selection/) However, it doesn't work, I guess because the zip folder link here is only until august updates, is there any newer patch files pack link for download? Or what could be the solution? thanks a lot.

#2 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:13 AM

Hello,

I have updated the link for this week, see the instructions below.

1. Restart your device.
  2. Clear Internet Explorer cache, if you don't know how please check Appendix #2 in this post.
  3. Make sure Ragnarok ReStart.exe and Ragexe.exe are set to run as an admin all the time, if using dedicated antimalware/antivirus programs make sure the same are white-listed from the active scans.
  4. Assuming your client is freshly installed after August 2017, download patch files pack from this link, unzip and place the content in your installation folder.
    If using normal client the default location is C:\Gravity\Ragnarok Restart.
    If on Steam, to reach default location: While being on Steam library, right click Restart game title, choose properties, then click on Local Files tab, use the Browse Local Files option to reach the folder directory. When prompted to replace existing files say YES
  5. Download patch.inf from this link, make sure to read the instructions carefully.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 10 September 2018 - 03:56 AM.

#3 tintin07

tintin07

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 06:15 PM

Thanks for the link update.  I tried reinstalling and following the same instructions with the new files.  I still get disconnected after character select.  I'm not sure with step 2 & 3.  Instead of Internet explorer, I use Google Chrome for all my downloads and browsing does it make any difference? I also don't know how to check if it's always run as admin.  I really appreciate your help. Thanks. 

#4 Patsu88

Patsu88

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 10 September 2018 - 07:37 PM

ragnarok patcher uses internet explorer, so you will have to clear the cache of internet explorer.

to run as admin right click on the file, then select properties and in the Compatibility tab check "Run as administrator"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users